NWA: High Velocity Wrestling

rsl

NWA ANNOUNCES NEW WRESTLING FEDERATION

July 4, 2005

Today the National Wrestling Alliance has announced a new federation to go under there banner, the NWA: High Velocity Wrestling, backed by an unnamed group of financial backers. The new federation will mix the young stars of tomorrow with the superstars of today. Wrestlers all ready signed to be part of NWA: HVW are TNAW superstars Abyss with Jim Mitchell, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, former WWE superstars Spanky and James Gibson (formally Jamie Knoble) as well as top independent superstars Roderick Strong, Kevin Steen and former ECW Heavyweight Champion ‘The King of Old School’ Steve Corino.

The NWA: High Velocity Wrestling will be based out of Mid-West of America with further expansions planned towards the east coast. A 1-hour TV show has already been scheduled with 52 weeks programming signed up for Friday nights at 9pm to go out on syndication in the Midwest Area of the US on local stations covering the whole area. The program will be known as HVW TV and will debut on September 2nd and will be shot every two weeks on the Monday before the first show, with two shows been shot at a time, at the Bran McNally Arena in Michigan which will now be known as the HVW Arena.

While in the future we plan for PPV events, it is not a possibility at the moment so the TV shows will be supported by ‘super shows’ to take place once a month in various regions in the Midwest Area. The first one will be at the Guthrie Centre in Iowa on Saturday September 24th. These events will be available at www.nwahvw.com on DVD within a week of the show taking place.

The goal of the NWA: HVW is to give wrestling fans a real choice. Our live shows and TV programming will draw fans young and old to the sport. The best talent coming out of the big leagues will mix with the best talent in the independents to create a unique and new innovative wrestling federation. We hope you can all support us and look out for more news.

Official Press Release

National Wrestling Alliance. Office

Edited by rsl

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very interesting man..hopefully you can stick with it...

im interested to see what Maff has to say after being 'black ball'd'

Guest Red Devil

I'm liking the start to this. The new promotion has a nice roster and it'll be nice to see what roles each men will be playing. I'm hoping your not going to have each man use their own gimmicks as a few changes would be great. I'm picking Gibson to win the title here. The first week of TV looks good with a great main event and a possible great angle with Maff. Good luck.

HVW TV – Episode 1

2/9/2005

Attendance: 196

HVW Arena, Michigan

TV Rating: 0.01

Taped TV Show - 9pm

Commentators: Brad Trechak & James Mitchell

Sal & Vito Thomaselli (w/Brandon Thomaselli & Sal.E Graziano) d. Alex Law & Ricky Landell (w/Guillotine LeGrande)

After a nifty little intro package, we go to commentators Brad Trechak and James Mitchell. Mitchell is doing a full heel co-commentator with Trechak doing play by play. Both teams came to the ring to nice reactions but it was The Thomaselli’s of Sal and Vito were able to win in the first ever NWA: HVW match. Big Sal.E stood watch as his troops took apart Law and Landell in a good opener and were able to finish the match when Landell was dumped to the outside and Vito hit the Sicilian Driver on Law to pick up the victory for his team. The Thomaselli’s celebrated there victory as we go to commercial break.

Winners – Sal & Vito Thomaselli

(8:40) *1/2

We come back from commercial break with James Mitchell announcing he is going backstage to find Abyss before his match with Jigsaw leaving Brad by himself. We cut back to ringside to see Dan Maff standing in the ring with a microphone looking happy.

Dan Maff“As I’m out in a wrestling ring for the first time in 7 months, I would like to say thank you to all you fans for supporting me in this tough time. Unfortunately I can’t do that.”

Maff now has a big frown on his face as the 196 people in attendance have a confused look on there face.

Dan Maff“You pieces of shit, should be *bleeped out* disgraced with yourself. All over the internet you judge me, talking about a situation you no nothing about. Go *bleeped out* yourself, you don’t know nothing about my *bleeped out* situation, nothing.”

As Maff is talking some security guards come to the ring and try and get Maff out of the ring.

Dan Maff“I’ll say whatever the *bleeped out* I want to say, get off me…..”

A right hand sends one security guard down. Maff grabs the other one and NO HE HIT A BURNING HAMMER on the other security guard landing him right on his face. Immediately medics and road agents ran to the ring to check on the security guard as Maff picks up the mic again.

Dan Maff“That’s a warning to any *bleeped out* that wants to *bleeped out* with me. Dan Maff is back in the wrestling business and next week you better give me a *bleeped out* match or I will beat the crap out of someone myself.”

Dan Maff leaves the ring to boos as there are medics swarming around the security guard who Maff dropped on his head with a stiff Burning Hammer. We go to a advertisement for ‘The Iowa Showdown’ to take place on September 24th before returning to the ring to see the small masked wrestler Jigsaw standing in the ring.

Abyss (w/James Mitchell) d. Jigsaw

Abyss 6'10" - 350 lbs, Jigsaw 6'2" - 182 lbs. This wasn’t so much a match as a massacre as Abyss easily squatted away the challenge of Jigsaw. With Mitchell at ringside, Trechak did the best to apologize for the actions of Dan Maff during the match which saw little offence from Jigsaw apart from a few dropkicks here and there. Abyss was able to win the match when after a big splash he picked Jigsaw up and hit the Black Hole Slam to pick up the win. After the match Abyss hit another big splash on Jigsaw after instruction from Mitchell who was laughing at the destruction his monster gave out to Jigsaw as we go to commercial break.

Winner – Abyss

(4:37) *

We return and we are in the Thomaselli’s lockeroom. Vito and Sal are just in towels after getting showers after winning there match against Alex Law and Ricky Landell earlier in the night. Brandon is talking to someone on the phone while Sal.E Graziano is talking to Vito and Sal.

Sal.E Graziano “I told you, if you came to the NWA: High Velocity Wrestling, under my wing, I would guide you to greatness. I want to take you Sal, you Vito and Brandon, and mould you into my loyal soldiers. I can make you made guys in the business. Tonight you come to the ring and win the first ever match in this company’s history I’m proud of you boys.”

Vito Thomaselli“No problem Sal, you say it and we do it.”

Sal Thomaselli“That’s right skip, me, Brandon and Vito are your loyal solders. Just like we beat Law and Landell tonight, Brandon is going to beat that punk Jimmy Jacobs next week and the Thomaselli’s are going to be running things, the way we like it.”

Vito Thomaselli“Mamas going to be so proud of us.”

We cut back to the ring for the final match of the night, the first quarter final of the HVW Heavyweight Championship tournament between Alex Shelley and James Gibson. James Mitchell returns to the commentator’s booth as he and Brad start arguing over what Abyss did to Jigsaw after there match. Mitchell says what happened is a direct result of Abyss not been in the HVW Heavyweight Championship tournament and then starts laughing as Alex Shelleys music hits.

HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament – Quarter Final 1

Alex Shelley vs. James Gibson

With Shelley in the ring coming down to the ring to a nice reaction, next out is James Gibson who the crowd go crazy for in the small intimate setting. Gibson is lamping up all the praise and Shelley doesn’t look pleased. Before the match starts Shelley goes to shake Gibsons hand but pulls away as Gibson is about to receive. Shelley has a smile on his face but Gibson wipes it off when he knocks Shelley down as the match starts.

Some nice mat work in the beginning between the duo which brings nice applause from the crowd as the match starts to get serious. We went to the final commercial break of the night with both Shelley and Gibson crashing to the outside when Gibson tried to run Shelley to the outside. We come back with Shelley having the advantage stomping away at Gibson and then choking away at him in a headlock with the crowd really getting behind Gibson. Gibson manages to get to his feet and toss Shelley over in the middle of the ring as the match draws to a conclusion.

With Gibson slowly getting up Shelley aimed for a superkick and vicious struck Gibson in the draw. Shelley then picked Gibson up and hit the Shellshock with Gibsons head striking the mat hard

NO

Shelley uses a basement dropkick to the knee and covered for two. Shelley looking frustrated whips Gibson to the ropes but Gibson counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face. Gibson hits a dropkick on Alex Shelley and locks in the Trailer Hitch on Shelley. The crowd are screaming for Shelley to tap, but Shelley shuffles to the ropes and gets his hands there to break up the hold, but has the damage been done? Shelley blocks the suplex attempt, and locks in the Border City Stretch; Gibson however reveres this into the Trailer Hitch again. Shelley starts to rock and gets Gibson on his shoulders.

Shelley has pinned Gibson. Shelley rolls out of the ring, with a huge grin on his face and does his ‘gun shot’ towards Gibson before going to the back obviously delighted he is through to the next round. Gibson looks distraught in the ring as Brad Trechak thanks us for watching and reminds us the HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament continues with out 2nd Quarter Final match between Roderick Strong and ‘The King of Old School’ Steve Corino as well as Jimmy Jacobs taking on Brandon Thomaselli in one on one action as the show comes to a close.

Winner – Alex Shelley (Shelley advances to the Semi Finals)

(14:56) **

For the final segment of the show we are with Steve Corino who has Guillotine LeGrande, Alex Law and Ricky Landell behind him as we show a taped interview from earlier in the week hyping his match with Roderick Strong next week.

Steve Corino“NWA: High Velocity Wrestling. Just like every other independent promotion who wants some recognition, who wants to crown a new champion, they all invite ‘The King of Old School’ Steve Corino to be part of there promotion. So it looks like I’m in the HVW Heavyweight Championship tournament and Roderick Strong you are my opponent. This is not the first time we have met Roderick, and it probably isn’t the last, but just like the previous matches between us Roderick, there is only going to be one winner, and you know who that is.”

Edited by rsl

I like the style of your writting, and the winners too. Shelly seems to be a favourite of yours, but I wanted him to win here anyways. Also was a big fan of the Thomaselli boys getting the win.

The best part of the show for me was definitly Maff as I really liked his promo. He was angry, but deservedly so. Hopefully we learn more about this, and maybe even have Maff vs. Homicide.

Yes I mark for Shelley HUGE

NWA: High Velocity Wrestling – HVW TV – Episode 2 – 9/9/2005 – Preview

Last week on the historic first ever episode of HVW TV, Alex Shelley beat James Gibson to go to ‘The Iowa Challenge’ on September 24th with a place in HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament Semi Final. This Friday on HVW TV Shelleys opponent will be decided as in the 2nd Quarter Final Roderick Strong will take on Steve Corino. Corino who in a taped interview said there was no way Strong will ever beat him, but he will have to look out for the dangerous Strong whose backbreakers have destroyed many opponents in 2005.

Another matches signed is Brandon Thomaselli taking on Jimmy Jacobs. Last week Sal and Vito defeated Alex Law and Ricky Landell in a tag match. The Thomaselli’s along with ‘The Don’ Sal.E Graziano will be looking to make it two for two in matches but must know that Jimmy Jacobs will put up more than a fight then Law and Landell did last week and it promises to be an exciting match.

Elsewhere it will be a battle of the youngsters as NWA: HVW are giving two young guns a chance to impress. Christopher Idol will be hoping his superior technical skills will be enough to beat Shane Matthews whose high flying action in Canada has impressed all. Will these two youngsters be able to break out in NWA: HVW? Last week Dan Maff made his return to the wrestling ring  after 7 months out and demanded that NWA: HVW officials put him in a match after beating up two security guards who tried to take the microphone off him, after using highly abusive language towards fans. Maff has not been put in a match, but he will be in the building. What will he do this week? There is only one way to find out and that is 9pm on your local network in the Midwest area.

Confirmed for HVW TV – Episode 2 – 9/9/2005

HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament – Quarter Final 2

Roderick Strong vs. Steve Corino (w/Team Corino)

Brandon Thomaselli (w/Sal.E Graziano, Sal Thomaselli & Vito Thomaselli) vs. Jimmy Jacobs

Christopher Idol vs. Shane Matthews

Dan Maff will be in the building

Guest Red Devil

The first show was ok, other then some grammar mistakes there was really nothing wrong with it. I really like the feel this diary has of being a small time indy promotion, it fits in great. The only bad thing so far is the Heavyweight Title is the only storyline going. On the first show I was hoping you would establish some other programs, you used Abyss and the Thomaselli's well but there really isn't a feud started yet. I'm hoping that develops in the next few shows.

I'm dissapointed with Gibson going out early but Shelley is good enough to get to the next round. Now I'm expecting Corino to face him in the semi-finals. Second show should be good. I'll be reading.

HVW TV – Episode 2

9/9/2005

Attendance: 192

HVW Arena, Michigan

TV Rating: 0.01

Taped TV Show - 9pm

The show starts with a car pulling up outside the arena. Out first comes Guillotine LeGrande who was in the driver’s seat, who opens the back seat door for Steve Corino to come out of. Next out comes Alex Law and Ricky Landell who are holding Corinos bags as the foursome enter the building. Of course tonight Steve Corino will take on Roderick Strong in the HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament Quarter Finals.

Jimmy Jacobs d. Brandon Thomaselli (w/Sal.E Graziano, Sal Thomaselli & Vito Thomaselli)

The first heated incident in NWA: HVW kicked off here as Jimmy Jacobs defeated Brandon Thomaselli only to be brutally jumped by all three of the Thomaselli’s after the match with Big Sal.E watching on. The match its self was actually quite good. Jacobs was super over and popular while Brandon matched him for close to 10 minutes until Thomaselli’s attempt to hit a back suplex on Jacobs was blocked and Jacobs was able to hit the Cobra Clutch on Brandon to pick up the win.

However established last week that the Thomaselli’s will follow everything that Big Sal.E tells them to, jumped Jacobs with a brutal 3 on 1 attack, finishing him off with a 3 man spiked Piledriver with Vito and Sal holding him up Brandon jumped off the top rope spiking Jacobs right on his head. As we went to the commercial break, the Thomaselli’s looked proud at there work, as Jacobs lay down in the ring hurt.

Winner: Jimmy Jacobs

(9:39) *

Christopher Idol & Shane Matthews go to a no contest

We came back to the ring after the break with James Mitchell and Brad Trechak hyping up this match between two talented youngsters. Chris Idol and Shane Matthews went to a no contest after 5 minutes when Dan Maff came through the crowd to interrupt in the match. Before that Idol and Matthews had a very good fast paced match. With both men showing good mat skills both also came close to winning the match when Matthews caught Idol with a leaping tornado DDT he got a 2 count, while Idol through he could make Matthews tap out with the Chris Cross Submission but Matthews was able to get to the ropes.

5 minutes into the match, it had to be thrown out as through the crowd came Dan Maff with a steel chair in hand. Hard into the back of Idol the chair went as he went down. Matthews dropkicked Maff to no affect, as Maff picked Matthews up and tosses him into the corner. He ran to the corner and destroyed Matthews with a Cannonball into the corner. Maff dragged Matthews into the centre of the ring, as Idol was slowly getting up. Maff took Idol from behind and drove him down onto Matthews body with a Burning Hammer. Road agents and medics rushed to the ring as Maff left the ring screaming ‘I told you I would do it’ over and over again.

Winner: No Contest

(5:12) **

Steve Corino is backstage minutes before his quarter final match with Roderick Strong is the HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament and he is cutting a promo on Strong.

Steve Corino“Roderick Strong, just like I told you last week, I will tell you again this week. You just can’t beat ‘The King of Old School’ Steve Corino. I’ve travelled the world, and I’ve done everything. I went to ECW I was World Champion, I went to Japan and for over 5 years now I’ve been main eventing, and winning titles. Here in NWA: High Velocity Wrestling it isn’t going to be any different.

I’m going to win this HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament and there is one reason Roderick. I don’t believe the hype. That’s right I don’t believe the hype that you are the breakout start of 2005. You’re still green as the grass outside this building. You’re nothing but a punk rookie who needs knocking down a peg or two and I’m the man to do so because I’m Steve Corino, ‘The King of Old School’, your soon to be HVW Heavyweight Champion.”

After the promo we go to a commercial break.

HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament – Quarter Final 2

Roderick Strong vs. Steve Corino (w/Team Corino)

We come back from the commercial break to see Roderick Strong coming out to quite a nice reaction but when Corino comes out the roof blows off the place as he follows his entourage of Alex Law, Ricky Landell and Guillotine LeGrande to the ring. After a lengthy intro Corino and Strong stare each other down as the match gets going when Strong sucker punches Corino as the match gets going.

Mitchell and Trechak remind us the winner of this match will face Alex Shelley at ‘The Iowa Showdown’ on September 24th after Shelley beat Gibson last week as Strong knocks Corino down with a shoulder tackle. Corino and Strong trade chops but Strong shows his raw power by knocking Corino back a few feet as the two men stood off each other to get applause from the crowd.

Roderick Strong attempted to duck a Corino lariat but put his head down to earlier allowing Corino to throw Strong to the mat and cover for a one count. Corino picked Strong up and gave him a body slam then dropped an elbow to get a two count this time. Strong rolled out of the ring to try and escape but Corino follows him. Corino chops Strong a few times and then whips him towards the guard railings but Strong reverses and Corino smashes into the railings.

Strong now finally in the match stalked Corino and after giving him several stiff boots to Corinos gut, he rammed Corinos head several times into the railings until Law and Landell tried to break it up. Corino looked weary as Strong rolled him in the ring and covered for a two as we went for our final commercial break of the night.

We come back to see Strong picking Corino up and with a deadly look on his face and picked Corino up and hit a stiff powerbomb onto his own knee driving Corinos back right into the point of the knee as Trechak explains Strong has been working Corinos back all through commercial.. Corino screamed in agony as Strong picked Corino up and signalled for the Spinning Backbreaker. Strong picked Corino up but NO OLD SCHOOL EXPLUSION, NO, reversed into a back suplex. Strong grabs Corinos legs and turns him over into his Boston Crab. Corinos in the middle of the ring with no where to go as Strong has it synched in tight.

Corino couldn’t reach the ropes.

Strong pulled back hard on the back

Corino screamed in agony

Corino reached out his hand

And used it to push him away and roll out of the hold.

Corino was struggling in agony with his back shot now. Strong measured him up for the lariat, but walked straight into a superkick.

NO

Strong just kicks out. Corino gets up and signals for Old School Expulsion, he hooks Strong into position and hits Old School Expulsion

NO

Strong just kicks out. Corino couldn’t get it all as Strong had messed up Corinos back. Corino didn’t know what to do to put him away. He signalled for the Old School Expulsion again, but this time Strong countered it into a leaping backbreaker ala John Walters. Strong signalled it was over picked Corino up in a full nelson position and hit a sick looking Full Nelson Spinning Backbreaker driving Corino with huge velocity into his knee.

IT’S OVER, RODERICK STRONG ELIMINATED STEVE CORINO. Immediately Law, Landell and LeGrande came into the ring to check on Corino who was holding his back in agony. Strong posed to the crowd to a mixture of cheers and boos and Trechak put Strong over huge how he just brutalised a legend in Steve Corino and will now go on to face Alex Shelley at ‘The Iowa Showdown’ on September 24th in the Semi Finals. Mitchell then reminds us the 3rd quarter final next week will be between Spanky and Chris Sabin as we finish with Strong still posing to the crowd.

Winner – Roderick Strong (Strong advances to the Semi Finals)

(13:31) ***

We go backstage to a medical room where Jimmy Jacobs is getting stitched up by a doctor after getting brutally attacked by The Thomaselli’s after he beat Brandon in the opening match of HVW TV tonight.

Jimmy Jacobs “You see this Brandon. Five stitches in my forehead and a mild concussion you stupid sonofabitch. At ‘The Iowa Showdown’ I want you and your two brothers, cousins what ever the *bleeped out* you inbred *bleeped out* are in a six man tag. I’ll bring my friends in to get revenge for what you did to me tonight Brandon.”

Edited by rsl

NWA: High Velocity Wrestling – HVW TV – Episode 3 – 16/9/2005 – Preview

Note: NVW TV has moved to a new time of 11pm and still on Friday nights in a new shortened 40 minute program. We will still be broadcasting on local networks in the Midwest Area we hope this change doesn’t affect you.

The build-up to ‘The Iowa Showdown’ continues. We already have two confirmed matches. The first is the Semi Final of the HVW Heavyweight Championship tournament as Alex Shelley takes on Roderick Strong who defeated Steve Corino in the Quarter Finals last week in a great match. Also last week Jimmy Jacobs challenged The Thomaselli’s to a six man tag after he was jumped by them after defeating Brandon in a singles match last week on HVW TV. Jacobs has found his two partners in friends Delirious and Matt Sydal who will be accompanied by Daizee Haze in which promises to be a fast paced match with high intensity.

For this weeks HVW TV, the 3rd HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament Quarter Final will take place as Spanky will take on Chris Sabin. Spanky is reportedly very nervous going into this match as favourite as both James Gibson and Steve Corino went into there match as favourites and crashed out. Spanky will be looking to make sure this does not happen. Eddie Kingston will be looking to rise the card as the big brawler tries to take down the experienced and fun loving Nate Webb.

Another quick note, after Dan Maffs actions in the first two HVW TV shows, Maff has been suspended from all HVW TV shows until ‘The Iowa Showdown’ where he will be in the building. Once again 11pm, Friday night, 40 minutes, HVW TV, watch it.

Confirmed for HVW TV – Episode 3 – 16/9/2005

HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament – Quarter Final 3

Chris Sabin vs. Spanky

Eddie Kingston vs. Nate Webb

Confirmed for ‘The Iowa Showdown’ –  24/9/2005

The HVW Heavyweight Champion will be crowned

HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament – Semi Final 1

Alex Shelley vs. Roderick Strong

HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament – Semi Final 2

Sabin/Spanky vs. Generico/ Steen

Jimmy Jacobs, Delirious & Matt Sydal (w/Daizee Haze) vs. Brandon, Sal & Vito Thomaselli (w/Sal.E Graziano)

Edited by rsl

The title situation looks pretty interesting, althought knowing you I think I know who is going to win the title. >_>

Being under the NWA banner is something I thought about for my diary but ditched it at the last minute. Hopefully it could lead to some "inter" promotional bouts with TNA stars.

The addiction of Steve Corino certainly means I will be tracking this for a while. All in all, it's good start mate and can't wait to see where it goes.

Guest Red Devil

The last time I posted I was worried about there not being enough feuds developing but That's eased now becuase I can see where your heading. The Heavyweight Title Tournament should spring out a couple of feuds that can run on after the Iowa Showdown. The Thomaselli/Jacobs team feud should be interesting. Not only should the matches be good but the Thomasellis are impressing me so I'm looking forward to that. Also I'm loving the new Dan Maff. His unpredictable loose cannon gimmick is great. I'm just hoping you don't bring Homicide in to start off a feud as I'm not sure who realistic that is.

I'm nil-two for guesses so hopefully it's third time lucky. Spanky should progress and I'm expecting him to go into the final against Shelley. I'll be looking forward to the show.

I liked the booking for the show, and hopefully Corino can get some revenge on Strong for his defeat.

I like the Thomaselli team, and I am interested in their feud with Jimmy Jacobs. Adding in Delirious and Matt Sydal doesn't hurt, as I am a bit of a fan for both guys.

Next week's show looks promising, and it will be interesting to see how Spanky acts after the preview. Good start (Y)

HVW TV – Episode 3

16/9/2005

Attendance: 202

HVW Arena, Michigan

TV Rating: 0.04

Taped TV Show – 11pm

We are backstage with Spanky. Tonight in our HVW TV main event Spanky will face Chris Sabin in the 3rd HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament Quarter Final and we are sure Spanky has something to say about that.

Spanky“Lets look at this pattern, first James Gibson, second Steve Corino, third Spanky? I don’t think so. Everybody on the internet is saying this tournament is cursed and Spanky is going to be the third favourite to drop out. But that is not going to happen, whereas Gibson and Corino took there opponents to lightly I’m not going to make that mistake and Chris Sabin when I hit the Sliced Bread #2 I’m the one going to the semi-finals not you, so be ready.”

Eddie Kingston d. Nate Webb

In a good 5 minute match Eddie Kingston thanks to some dubious methods. Webb who had come to the ring with his trademark ‘Teenage Dirtbag’ entrance, started off the faster ducking the big mans moves and coming close to pinning Kingston after a superkick. However ‘The King of Diamonds’ was able to pick up the win after coming back into the match with some big forearms, Kingston was able to hit a big Yakuza Kick and then hold the ropes as he pinned Webb as the Chikara alumini picked up a win as we go to the first commercial break of the night.

Winner – Eddie Kingston

(5:59) *

We come back from commercial break and we see highlights of Alex Shelley and then Roderick Strong winning there quarter final matches in the HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament en route to facing each other in the semi finals at ‘The Iowa Showdown’ on September 24th.

The crowd are screaming for Shelley to tap, but Shelley shuffles to the ropes and gets his hands there to break up the hold, but has the damage been done? Shelley blocks the suplex attempt, and locks in the Border City Stretch; Gibson however reveres this into the Trailer Hitch again. Shelley starts to rock and gets Gibson on his shoulders.

Shelley has pinned Gibson. Shelley rolls out of the ring, with a huge grin on his face and does his ‘gun shot’ towards Gibson before going to the back obviously delighted he is through to the next round.

He signalled for the Old School Expulsion again, but this time Strong countered it into a leaping backbreaker ala John Walters. Strong signalled it was over picked Corino up in a full nelson position and hit a sick looking Full Nelson Spinning Backbreaker driving Corino with huge velocity into his knee.

IT’S OVER, RODERICK STRONG ELIMINATED STEVE CORINO. Immediately Law, Landell and LeGrande came into the ring to check on Corino who was holding his back in agony.

After we see the video we go to ringside, where Mitchell and Trechak put Strong over huge after destroying Corino last week, as Chris Sabin makes his way down to ringside. Mitchell informs us that Abyss will be at ‘The Iowa Showdown’ as will losing competitors in the HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament, Steve Corino and James Gibson and will all be in action in the ring as we go to the ring for our main event.

HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament – Quarter Final 3

Chris Sabin vs. Spanky

With Sabin waiting in the ring it was ‘FIRE IN THE DISCO’ as Spankys music hits and he came down the aisle with a smile on his face slapping the fans hands as he got into the ring. The two popular superstars shook hands in the middle of the ring as we got started off in tonight’s main event for a place in the HVW Heavyweight Championship Semi Finals.

Chris Sabin scored with a quick snap rana on Spanky but Spanky rolled through and gave Sabin a snap rana too but Sabin also rolled out of it and they had a stand off which popped the crowd. Sabin goes for an early cover but Spanky is out at one after a big leg lariat. Chris Sabin caught Spanky with a dropkick as he came off the ropes after ducking a clothesline from Spanky, Chris Sabin bounced off the ropes and came back with a lightning kick and a dropkick sent Spanky to the outside. Sabin measures Spanky and comes over the ropes with a twisting plancha as we go to our final commercial break of the evening.

We come back to see Spanky missing a splash off the top rope. During the break Spanky had taken advantage of the match after whipping Sabin into the guard railings on the outside as Trechak tells us what happened. Chris Sabin applied a leglock to Spanky, who managed to crawl to the ropes. Spanky shook off his leg as Sabin missed a clothesline and Spanky hit a standing enziguri right on the back of his head.

NO

Sabin kicked out. Sabin is slowly up and looks woozy but Sabin short-arm clotheslines Spanky then hit a spinning elbow to floor on Spanky and go for a pin but only got a two. Both men are slowly up looking around. Sabin measure Spanky and hits a leaping kick right to the jaw of Spanky. Sabin signals it is over and signals for the Future Shock. He picks Spanky up, but Spanky blocks and Sabin stumbles into the corner and Spanky is on the top rope.

Sabin climbs the ropes as the duo brawl on the top rope. Trechak is worried about the safety of both men as they trade blows on the top rope. Sabin gets the advantage and hooks Spanky in position for the CRADLE SHOCK AND HITS IT OFF THE TOP ROPE. The impact sends Spanky right across the other side of the ring. Sabin very slowly crawls across and drapes a arm over Spanky

NO

Spanky gets his foot on the ropes. Sabin can’t believe it, as he picks Spanky up who gets a inside cradle on Sabin

NO

The crowd are all on there feet as no one knows which way this will go. Both men are slowly up and duke it out again. Spanky kicks Sabin in the gut a few times and goes for the Sliced Bread #2. Spanky runs to the ropes but Sabin escapes. Spanky bounces off the second rope and hits a body splash on Sabin knocking him down. Spanky picks Sabin up whips him and goes for the step up enziguri again but Sabin ducks and goes for the FUTURE SHOCK NO SPANKY GETS OUT SLICED BREAD #2 Spanky hits the Sliced Bread #2 bouncing off the middle rope and covers

Spanky has pinned Sabin and goes to ‘The Iowa Showdown’. The fans give a standing ovation to both men after a great match. The duo shake hands as Trechak reminds us the final quarter final will take place next week between El Generico and Kevin Steen as we find out who Spanky faces in the semi-finals as we go to the back for the final segment.

Winner – Spanky (Spanky advances to the Semi Finals)

***1/4 (16:45)

Eddie Kingston is backstage and is in a good mood after defeating Nate Webb earlier tonight.

Eddie Kingston“’King of Diamonds’ Eddie Kingston in the house, all the way from Chikara where unfortunately I was followed by a piece of crap. You see unlike me tonight defeating Nate Webb we all saw Jigsaw getting destroyed by Abyss on the debut show. Jigsaw you can’t ride on my coattails coming here and trying to make a name like Eddie Kingston has done, so at ‘The Iowa Showdown’ I want you in the ring, and I won’t be alone, you find a friend to tag with you and I will bring Larry fucking Sweeney. How do you like me now, bitch?”

Edited by rsl

NWA: High Velocity Wrestling – HVW TV – Episode 4 – 23/9/2005 – Preview

Spanky joined Alex Shelley and Roderick Strong in the Semi-Finals of the HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament to take place at ‘The Iowa Showdown’ defeating Chris Sabin in a great match last week. On the final HVW TV before ‘The Iowa Showdown’ Spanky will find out if he will take on either El Generico or Kevin Steen. Steen and Generico have met each other many times all over the North American continent, but this will be there most important battle yet with a place in the HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament at stake. With the two men knowing each other so well, there is really no clear favourite for progression in this one.

On the last HVW TV we all saw Eddie Kingston defeat Nate Webb and then later in the night call out Jigsaw who he claims followed him to NWA: HVW from Chikara. Kingston is looking to take Jigsaw out at ‘The Iowa Showdown’ in a Chikara tag team match. On Kingston’s team it will be ‘Sweet and Sour’ Larry Sweeney however on Jigsaws team it will be none other then head trainer of Chikara Mike Quackenbush who will be on Jigsaws team, which the ‘King of Diamonds’ is not too happy about we have heard.

Also in action this week on HVW TV will be a tag team match with Alex Law and Rick Landell taking on youngsters Davey Andrews and Jay Fury. Andrews a student of CM Punk is known for his powerful moves while Fury, a young high flyer has made a name for him self using the Enzufury to finish opponents. Remember HVW TV is at 11pm on your local networks in the Midwest area and we hope you can tune in just one day before ‘The Iowa Showdown’.

Confirmed for HVW TV – Episode 4 – 23/9/2005

HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament – Quarter Final 4

El Generico vs. Kevin Steen

Alex Law & Ricky Landell (w/Guillotine LeGrande) vs. Davey Andrews & Jay Fury

Confirmed for ‘The Iowa Showdown’ – 24/9/2005

Spanky vs. Generico/ Steen

Six Man Tag Team Warfare

Jimmy Jacobs, Delirious & Matt Sydal (w/Daizee Haze) vs. Brandon, Sal & Vito Thomaselli (w/Sal.E Graziano)

Chikara Tag Match

Eddie Kingston & Larry Sweeney vs. Jigsaw & Mike Quackenbush

Also in action…..

Abyss, Dan Maff, James Gibson & Steve Corino to appear.

Edited by rsl

I was a big fan of your diary, SWEW, and I'm quickly becoming a fan of this one. Dan Maff's gimmick is great, and I like the Thomaselli's stable with Big Sal. It's obvious your a Shelley mark, but I think it would be too obvious for you to put the belt on him, so I'm predicting you swerve us all and have Strong win the whole thing going over Shelley in the process. I also enjoyed the match between Sabin and Spanky on the last TV show. (Y)

P.S. More Corino and Abyss

Can't wait for the Canadian's next week, and I am enjoying the shows so far. It's moving slowly, but I like it that way. Establishing charecters and gimmicks is what having TV is all about. I also have no idea who will win the tournament, as anyone left (Including El Generico :shifty:) could win the gold. I am also glad to see some Chikira guys being used. The lack of Thomaselli's this week was dissapointing, but it was still a pretty solid show.

Maff rocks hard, too.

HVW TV – Episode 4

23/9/2005

Attendance: 205

HVW Arena, Michigan

TV Rating: 0.04 - 11pm

Taped TV Show

Backstage is Kevin Steen who will tonight compete in the final HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament Quarter Final against long term rival El Generico in a match to see who will face Spanky in the Semi-Finals tomorrow night at ‘The Iowa Showdown’

Kevin Steen“El Generico, we have wrestled many times together. Growing up in the IWS together we wrestled. Coming down to America to CZW, PWG, RoH we wrestled together. And every where we have wrestled Generico I have beaten you and tonight here at NWA: High Velocity Wrestling it isn’t going to be any different. Spanky I’m coming after you in the Semi-Finals and when we meet at ‘The Iowa Showdown’ I will show you what a real superstar is.”

Alex Law & Ricky Landell (w/Guillotine LeGrande) d. Davey Andrews & Jay Fury

Alex Law and Ricky Landell became the first wrestlers to wrestle twice in NWA: HVW and with there second match picked up a win against fellow youngsters Andrews and Fury. The match wasn’t up to much although Andrews showed some nice powerful moves tossing Law around the ring. Landell was able to pick up the win when he made Jay Fury tap out to the Figure Four Leg Lock, while Law took Fury down on the outside. Steve Corino would obviously be pleased with his student’s victory in this tag match as we go to commercial.

Winners - Alex Law & Ricky Landell

½* (5:32)

We come back from commercial break and we are greeted with a ‘Recorded Over The Weekend’ message and we are with HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament Semi-Finalist Alex Shelley who tomorrow night will face Roderick Strong in the semi finals.

Alex Shelley“It’s semi final time and boy am I excited. Everybody, and I mean everybody wrote me off when they saw I had James Gibson in the Quarter Finals, but when I pinned his shoulder to the mat one, two, three, I proved to everyone, what I already know, and that is I’m the best wrestler in the United States today. Now onto Roderick Strong. On Saturday Roderick, my old buddy, we are going to throw hands, you will probably try and hit me with some backbreakers, but I will beat you Roderick, no matter how many times, you hit me with one of your famous backbreakers, I will bounce back, and when I lock the Border City Stretch in tight, you will be tapping like the little bitch you are. Then I Alex Shelley will go to the final and take the HVW Heavyweight Championship.”

Once Shelley is finished we are shown an extended version of last week’s video. First showing how Alex Shelley, Roderick Strong and now Spanky got to the semi finals, then we are shown how other matches for ‘The Iowa Showdown’ were set up and a new huge match up is announced:

The crowd are screaming for Shelley to tap, but Shelley shuffles to the ropes and gets his hands there to break up the hold, but has the damage been done? Shelley blocks the suplex attempt, and locks in the Border City Stretch; Gibson however reveres this into the Trailer Hitch again. Shelley starts to rock and gets Gibson on his shoulders.

Shelley has pinned Gibson. Shelley rolls out of the ring, with a huge grin on his face and does his ‘gun shot’ towards Gibson before going to the back obviously delighted he is through to the next round.

He signalled for the Old School Expulsion again, but this time Strong countered it into a leaping backbreaker ala John Walters. Strong signalled it was over picked Corino up in a full nelson position and hit a sick looking Full Nelson Spinning Backbreaker driving Corino with huge velocity into his knee.

Spanky runs to the ropes but Sabin escapes. Spanky bounces off the second rope and hits a body splash on Sabin knocking him down. Spanky picks Sabin up whips him and goes for the step up enziguri again but Sabin ducks and goes for the FUTURE SHOCK NO SPANKY GETS OUT SLICED BREAD #2 Spanky hits the Sliced Bread #2 bouncing off the middle rope and covers

Spanky has pinned Sabin and goes to ‘The Iowa Showdown’. The fans give a standing ovation to both men after a great match.

Jimmy Jacobs – “You see this Brandon. 5 stitches in my forehead and a mild concussion you stupid sonofabitch. At ‘The Iowa Showdown’ I want you and your two brothers, cousins what ever the *bleeped out* you inbreed *bleeped out* are in a 6 man tag. I’ll bring my friends in to get revenge for what you did to me tonight Brandon.”

Eddie Kingston – “’King of Diamonds’ Eddie Kingston in the house, all the way from Chikara where unfortunately I was followed by a piece of crap. You see unlike me tonight defeating Nate Webb we all saw Jigsaw getting destroyed by Abyss on the debut show. Jigsaw you can’t ride on my coattails coming here and trying to make a name like Eddie Kingston has done, so at ‘The Iowa Showdown’ I want you in the ring, and I won’t be alone, you find a friend to tag with you and I will bring Larry fucking Sweeney. How do you like me now, bitch?”

We then see a ‘Just Signed’ message flash on the screen with Abyss vs. Chris Sabin vs. Steve Corino coming on afterwards and then another message saying for the Number #1 Contendership for the HVW Heavyweight Championship in Iowa on October 22nd.

After the long video we go to another commercial break

HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament – Quarter Final 4

El Generico vs. Kevin Steen

We come back from the final commercial break and James Mitchell goes into a long rant on how Abyss is going to win the number 1 contenders match for not been able to be in the HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament. Trechak tells Mitchell to do his job and commentate on the match as Steen comes down to the ring to a few boos. OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, El Generico comes down as the fans clap along to his music.

Steen and Generico stare each at each other but Steen slaps Generico in the face to boos as the match gets going. A stunned El Generico fell victim to a flying clothesline and Steen covered for an early one. Generico went from a side headlock into a drop toe hold to floor Steen who punched Generico on the mat trying to get out but Generico managed to get to his feet as the two had a stand off. Steen tried to grab Generico but El Generico hit Kevin Steen with a punch then clotheslines him over the top rope.

Generico followed with a plancha dive on Steen. Generico got up and signalled for the BRAINBUSTAAAAAAA on the outside. He tried to lift Steen up, but couldn’t as Steen lifted Generico up and tossed him into the steel ring post, in a painful looking move. Generico got hit with a lariat as he slowly got up as he crashed hard on the outside of the ring. Steen rolled Generico into the ring and covered but got only a two this time

Steen started to stamp away on Generico as he clearly had the advantage. The fans were really behind Generico as Steen picked Generico up and tossed him over his shoulders with the Steenalizer sending Generico crashing into turnbuckle. The crowd started a ‘Holy Shit’ chant as Trechak said it was over.

NO

Generico kicked out. Steen couldn’t believe it but signalled it was over. Steen hooked Generico in position for the Package Piledriver but Generico rolled through and head butted Steen right in the groin. Steen was up first however and went for the Steenalizer again. Generico flew over his shoulders but landed on the top rope. Steen looked around looking smug until Generico hit a sweet dropkick off the top rope.

NO

Steen just kicked out. Both men were slowly up, but Steen caught him a quick clothesline and went to the top rope. Steen was looking for a Swanton bomb but Generico got up first and crotched Steen to the fans delight. They were going crazy as Generico signalled for the BRAINBUSTAAAAAAA and hit it on the top turnbuckle. Steen crashed to the mat as Generico covered.

Generico wins and goes on the face Spanky at ‘The Iowa Showdown’. Generico quickly escapes the ring as Steen goes crazy trying to get at him after losing to long term rival El Generico. Trechak quickly reminds us to go to ‘The Iowa Showdown’ at the Guthrie Centre tomorrow night as the show comes to an end.

Winner – El Generico (Generico advances to the Semi Finals)

**3/4 (10:46)

Edited by rsl

NWA: High Velocity Wrestling – ‘The Iowa Showdown’ – 24/9/2005 – Preview

Saturday night will see the conclusion of the HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament as NWA: High Velocity Wrestling presents ‘The Iowa Showdown’. Alex Shelley, El Generico, Roderick Strong and Spanky the final four constants in the tournament all go into tomorrow night full of confidence and sure they can take the title. All this plus much more is promised at ‘The Iowa Showdown’ and we hope you can be there and if not it will be out on VHS and DVD next week.

First James Gibson, then Steve Corino, next Chris Sabin and finally Kevin Steen. Four top wrestlers have already been eliminated from the HVW Heavyweight Championship in the quarter finals on HVW TV shows. On Saturday night the tournament will conclude with the semi-finals and finals of the tournament as we found out who the first ever HVW Heavyweight Champion will be.

After defeating James Gibson, Alex Shelley is full of confidence going into his semi-final match with Roderick Strong. He said this himself on the last HVW TV when in a taped interview, said he wouldn’t let Strong break him down with his backbreakers. However if Steve Corino fell to the raw power of Roderick Strong what can Alex Shelley do differently to make sure he is not another victim of the ‘The Master of the Backbreaker’ Roderick Strong?

El Generico vs. Spanky

The rank outsider of the tournament El Generico managed to get to the semi finals with a great victory over rival Kevin Steen. However Spanky will be a much tougher prospect for Generico to get past. Spanky has already put out multiple TNAW X Division Champion Chris Sabin, and is favourite to win the tournament, after having the easiest draw and the most experience of all four men left in the tournament. If Spanky gets past Generico, look for him to go all the way.

Six Man Tag Team Warfare

Brandon, Sal & Vito Thomaselli (w/Sal.E Graziano) vs. Delirious, Jimmy Jacobs & Matt Sydal (w/Daizee Haze)

On the second HVW TV show Jimmy Jacobs was jumped by the Thomaselli’s after defeating Brandon in a one on one contest. Jacobs needed five stitches in his head after that match and swore revenge on the Thomaselli’s by challenging them to a six man tag match. Jacobs said he would find some partners and he has found some good ones in Delirious and Matt Sydal, but will that be enough to get past the Thomaselli’s who have shown on the first two HVW TV shows that with Sal.E guiding them, they do have strength in numbers.

Number #1 Contendership Match

Abyss (w/James Mitchell) vs. Chris Sabin vs. Steve Corino (w/Team Corino)

A surprising exclusion from the HVW Heavyweight Championship tournament James Mitchell has stated his monster Abyss, will go on a rampage for this reason. He showed in his singles match on the first HVW show when he defeated Jigsaw in brutal fashion he means business. Sabin and Corino both losers in the HVW Heavyweight Championship tournament have a chance to redeem themselves by earning a shot on October 22nd at the next big show but can they get past the monster, in this one fall to a finish match?

Chikara Tag Match

Chikara comes to NWA: HVW in this tag team match. On HVW TV episode 3 we saw Eddie Kingston defeat Nate Webb and then claim he is the best wrestler from Chikara in NWA: HVW and says Jigsaw just followed him here on his coattails. Kingston challenged Jigsaw to a tag match and selected ‘Sweet & Sour’ Larry Sweeney for his partner to try and take Jigsaw out. However Kingston was not feeling all too happy when he heard Jigsaw has chosen head trainer at Chikara, Mike Quackenbush to be his partner. Now experience is on Jigsaws team but Kingston and Sweeney are good brawlers and may have too much for Jigsaw and Quackenbush to handle.

Special Attraction Match

James Gibson vs. Kevin Steen

Signed late last night, a special attraction match between James Gibson and Kevin Steen has just been announced. Both slipping out of the HVW Heavyweight Championship Tournament, Steen and Gibson will be looking to pick up the win here as they look to launch themselves up the rankings in the NWA: High Velocity Wrestling. Steen in particular will be hoping a big win over James Gibson will make fans give him the respect he feels he deserves, but first must get over what some people say was an embarrassing loss to El Generico.

Also in action…..

Dan Maff to appear.

Dan Maff who after his actions on the first two HVW TV shows was suspended until ’The Iowa Showdown’ will be in the building and will be given some mic time. There is no telling what Dan Maff will have to say or do in an uncensored environment.

Well there it is, the card for ‘The Iowa Showdown’ what promises to be a great event. You will see the first ever HVW Heavyweight Champion crowned, see stars such as James Gibson, Steve Corino and Abyss in action plus heated events such as Jimmy Jacobs, Matt Sydal and Delirious in a six man tag against The Thomaselli’s. For $30 front row or $15 elsewhere on the door of the Guthrie Centre for tickets, you do not want to miss this show.

Confirmed for ‘The Iowa Showdown’ – 24/9/2005

El Generico vs. Spanky

Six Man Tag Team Warfare

Brandon, Sal & Vito Thomaselli (w/Sal.E Graziano) vs. Delirious, Jimmy Jacobs & Matt Sydal (w/Daizee Haze)

Chikara Tag Match

Special Attraction Match

Also in action…..

Dan Maff to appear.

Edited by rsl

Guest Red Devil

Another solid show. I'm looking forward to the Iowa Showdown as it should be a great show. One thing though, you put the prices of the tickets in pounds not dollars. You might want to change it next time. Anyway here's my predictions.

The HVW Heavyweight Champion will be crowned - Spanky

El Generico vs. Spanky

Six Man Tag Team Warfare

Chikara Tag Match

Special Attraction Match