Star Wars "Shadows of the Empire"

THIR13EN²

Alright, it's been a while sense I've heard anything about this...but could someone explain to me just what the whole Star Wars Shadows of the Empire was about? I never really understood it, but did infact think it was very interested at the time. I thought it was a very big idea at the time that it was released, but then I've never really heard anyone talk about it, it's like it just vanished.

I had it on the N64.

It was alright, I've got an american version though, and my n64passport stopped working so I can't play it.

I had some good times with that game.

Loved the Wampas.

Edit: A lot of good cheats if I remember. Play as an ATST, Wampa and others.

Wow...a Star Wars game I've never heard of nor played? Well, I'm kinda surprised. Anyway, how good is it? And Keef, you say it's on N64? Rocking, let's go try and find it on e-bay. :)

I liked it. But as I haven't played it for a while, it might not have aged well.

There were different levels. You started off on foot with blasters, then on a later level you were flying a ship during the battle of hoth, then later you were riding a speeder around tatooine at a million miles an hour.

There was also a jetpack you could fly.

It was pretty badass. I remember bosses included Boba Fett and some robot I forget his name.

Edit: The more I recall, the more I remember I liked it.

Remember the end of ROTSith, when they were jumping across those moving platforms, there was a level like that as well.

I had it, it was fun but playing as a Wampa with the cheat was fun as hell. I remember Bobba Fett and IG88(I think that was the name) were boses Fett was a tough one. Some of the characters from Star Wars movies appeared in it Luke, Leia and Han Solo but only in cut scenes.

Shadows of the Empire was one of Lucas Entertainment's first mass media projects. It's essentially the story of what happens between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi to fill in the gaps.

It started as a series of Dark Horse comic books and graphic novels, an excellent novel by Steve Perry (which I consider one of the best I've read involving Star Wars) and an N64 game (which obviously from this thread is the only thing most people know about). They also had other tie-ins and plenty of action figures as well.

The Clone Wars was their last mass media project. Every few years they do something across all forms of entertainment to tie people in and suck away their money. Shadows of the Empire was just one of them.

Guest Ringmaster

I hate the game's ending.

SPOILER

I hated how on easy, Dash would die in the explosion and it would say to play on medium to find out whether or not he's alive. Then when you played on medium, he made it out of the blast and it said he was alive, but to find out if he was REALLY alive, to play on hard. I played on hard, he died. Fuck this.

How'd that happen on Hard, I forgot the ending for the most part as I just played up to the ending beat the game, and then shut it off as I was playing at a friends house.

Edit: and for reference the story goes that Shadows was supposed to be a movie between TESB and ROTJ. But due to low technology at the time, they didn't feel like doing it, same reason you know with the Star Wars remix's a couple years back 'digitally remastered' in the theaters.

Edited by Mortis