50 Cent/Game/G-Unit

Gene Kiniski

I'm not a huge rap fan, or follower for that matter, but I'm a bit confused about the G-Unit situation. Can someone explain to me what's going on? I know G-Unit came out with an album with 50, Lloyd Banks, and someone else (not sure who), IIRC, then Lloyd and 50 did some more solo stuff. After that came Young Buck and about a year later comes The Game, right?

This is what gets me; in the Lil' Kim report it says that in Feburary 50 and Game traded gunfire with each other, Young Buck and Banks seem to have fallen into a black whole, and now there's some new guy in G-Unit (he has a song/video about it where he steals diamonds from some house), and every time I turn on the t.v. it's "G-U-Not".

Please, explain.

K, G-Unit is 2 things

1) A Group which includes 50 Cent, Young Buck and Lloyd Banks

2) A Record label which contains the three above, along with Tony Yayo, Olivia (The girl), and formerly The Game.

So after 50 Cent's "Get Rich or Dye Trying" album, he stood back and helped produce and release albums for both Young Buck and Lloyd Banks. Now after his latest album, "The Massacre", he has helped produce albums from both Tony Yayo and Olivia, which are both to be released in the next month or two.

The reason Game isn't in G-Unit anymore is due to a song on 50's album, "PiggyBank", where 50 calls out fellow rappers like Nas, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, and others. All of these people have turned on 50 or disrespected him in some way previously before the track.

Game didn't like that 50 Cent was pretty much forcing him to side with G-Unit because Game always respected Jadakiss and Fat Joe, also saying that he would like to collaborate with Nas at one point.

So, after feuding for a little bit, 50 and Game came to a "truce" where they vowed to set their differences aside.

Then on Game and Snoop Dogg's tour (I think named "How the West was One" or something), Game took several hits at G-Unit, changing the lyrics in his songs to "G-Unot" and publically bashing all three of them.

Once G-Unit found out about what Game was doing, they silently got him out of the G-Unit clan. In response, Game is making money by continually bashing G-Unit, selling his own "G-UNOT" shirts, and releasing a ton of diss tracks. One of these diss tracks, the biggest one, was called "300 Bars and Runnin'" where Game has an 18 minute track doing nothing but dissing G-Unit.

:)

Paidy, you forgot Spider Loc, who is a member of G-Unit now. G-Unit now is 50 Cent, Tony Yayo, Young Buck, Lloyd Banks and Spider Loc.

M.O.P. signed with G-Unit too, but let me clear something up, M.O.P. and Mobb Deep aren't members of G-Unit (the clique), they're just members of the G-Unit label.

Guest SquadBoy

I heard 300 Bars and it is pure comedy.

"Look out for Oliver err, Olivia's new single" that cracked me up this one too

*It went something like this*

"*It's a kid talking* I like 50 cent, G-Unit is cool, their my friends...sike"

I hope Game hooks up with Dipset, for more songs. Iv'e heard alot of their stuff "Round Here remix" And Game could add some classics to the Diplomat collection. GGGG-UNOT!

Guest SquadBoy

I hope Game hooks up with Dipset, for more songs. Iv'e heard alot of their stuff "Round Here remix" And Game could add some classics to the Diplomat collection. GGGG-UNOT!

It would take someone a hell of a lot better than Game to make Diplomats at all bearable.

...Because they're crap? The only two Dipset members worth a shit, in my opinion, are Santana and JR Writer. Cam'ron's just whack and Jim Jones is overrated. :/

Although the Dipset crew can be strong in the beats category, the lyrics are so painful that it's noticeable over the beats and drags down the songs in general. Cam'Ron is the most painful example, his lyrics seem to be random things thrown together for the hell of it.

I was fortunate getting a $4 loss on Purple Haze. Bought it at $10, sold it at $6 a couple months later. It was that bad, IMO.

The Game would be an improvement over everyone in the Dipset Crew, although Santana's close. However, they're pretty much all Harlem cast, aren't they?

Guest SquadBoy

yeah pretty much. Dipset West...hmm.. But I see your opions. Most the time I buy their albums for the beats. The only album I don't like that I bought was Diplomatic Immunity 2. Garbage. But Diplomatic Immunity 1, On My Way To Church, Back Like Cooked Crack 1 and 2, and Come Home With Me, I liked.