Non Computer Games

Herr Matzat

Tell me what you play with how many people how often.

Die Sieben Siegel

"The Seven Seals" by Stefan Dorra, published by Amigo is one of the most successful of the many commercial games based on Oh Hell!. The pack consists of 75 cards numbered 1 to 15 in each of five suits, distinguished by colours and symbols, of which 15 are dealt to each player (with fewer than 5 players, the pack is reduced by removing cards equally from the suits). Players must predict not only how many tricks they will win but in which suits. This is done before the play by taking the appropriate "seals" (small coloured discs) from a central pool, to which they are returned as the promised tricks are won. Any seals you have left over at the end of the play count 2 penalty points against you, but if you win a trick for which you do not have a corresponding seal, you must take a black seal, worth 3 penalty points. The red suit is permanently trumps: a player who wins by trumping can choose to to count this as a red trick or a trick in the colour of the suit that was led. In each hand one player, instead of taking seals, can take the role of Saboteur, whose aim is to make sure that as many opponents as possible win unwanted tricks. The fact that all players can see the seals that the other players have chosen to take gives Die Sieben Siegel some extra tactical depth not found in other games of this family.

Edited by Michael Matzat

I play a lot of tabletop RPGs with my friends, mainly Cyberpunk 2020 and Dungeons & Dragons 3rd edition. We also play Magic The Gathering, and several board games including Settlers of Catan and Carcassonne (both the basic edition and Hunters & Gatherers).

I've meant to start playing Munchkin any time now, the first time I was introduced to the game I played for four hours of straight, nonstop fun. It's an addictive little bastard.

DnD; usually once a fortnight but not for a while due to uni holiday.

Warhammer, and more often, Warhammer 40,000. As well as Mordheim occasionally (when I can borrow someone elses army), Battlefleet Gothic (see Mordheim), and Necromunda (when I can find someone to beat me).

So yeah, I'm a Games Workshop whore. Sue me (because if you don't, they'll eventually find reason to :shifty:)

I always wanted to play MtG, but I couldn't afford it at school (see above :shifty:), and it seems to have died now.

Edited by TheReilDeal

Die Steven Seagal Matzy?

I too used be a Games Workshop type in my youth, playing Warhammer mainly, occasionally Space Marine (later Epic 40k) round my cousins, Man O War, Necromunda (which was ace) and later Gorkamorka (Necromunda with cars more or less). Always wanted to buy Warhammer 40k but never did, still had a load o Space Marines painted up though. Eventually gave up when it became impossibly expensive for a 14 year old to afford anything in the entire fucking shop. Divvies.

Not sure if this counts in the discussion.

But when I was younger I used to play this cricket game, all you needed was a dice and a piece of paper.

I can't remember all the rules but I remember you roll the dice for each ball, 1 would be 1 run, 2 would be 2, 3 would be 3 runs, 4 would be 4 and then if you rolled a 5 you would have to roll again and based on what you roll next you are either out, there is a dot ball or some other things and of course a 6 would be six runs. I used to play it for hours.

DnD; usually once a fortnight but not for a while due to uni holiday.

Warhammer, and more often, Warhammer 40,000. As well as Mordheim occasionally (when I can borrow someone elses army), Battlefleet Gothic (see Mordheim), and Necromunda (when I can find someone to beat me).

So yeah, I'm a Games Workshop whore. Sue me (because if you don't, they'll eventually find reason to :shifty:)

I always wanted to play MtG, but I couldn't afford it at school (see above :shifty:), and it seems to have died now.