Chrono Trigger

I went over to a friend's house the other day and he was playing Chrono Trigger on his ps2, but it was a ps1 game. He also had it on his pc, and I played it for a few minutes on there, but I didn't get to far on it. I watched him play for a good while and it's pretty fucking sweet. Has that old school style and feel and it rules. Anybody else play (or have played) this game and is it worth my picking up?

it´s an awsome game, i´ed recomend you to go with the SNES (i guss PC was a Rom sinc there is no PC version to my knowledge) version, they did some changes every one hates on the PS1 version to setup the sequell (wich issent a bad game in itself, just the changes made in trigger to set the game up wer stupid)

Guest Grapehead

Yeah sure go pick it up (Y) Good luck with that too. I haven't seen a copy for sale(save ebay) since I was a little boy. I found the PS1 version didn't run as smooth as on SNES, must've been all the messing around with it they did, I thought the PS1 version and Chrono Cross took away from the greatness of the original Chrono Trigger.

The PS1 version wasn't awful or anything.. it just had some load times, which was annoying. I think the sounds were a little different too, that took a bit of getting used to.

But really, if it's all you can find, pick it up. It's way better than most rpg's made these days.

Guest Bluesman

Oh man do I love that game. Probably one of my top 5 favorite games all time. I enjoyed it so much I ended up trading my Genesis for a SNES (for a little while) just so I could play it. If you can pick it up definately do it.

I think Chrono Trigger is right up there with EarthBound for best SNES RPG, but then RPGs aren't really my thing.