The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

Guest Grapehead

Anybody know where I can find out who will be starting for Ottawa tonight? I have Hasek and Emery in my fantasy team. I'd assume Hasek was going in, but this is the last game against the Hurricanes so Murray might want Emery to get a look at a team they will most likely see in the playoffs.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Sandis Ozolinsh of the Anaheim Mighty Ducks has voluntarily entered a substance abuse program, the NHL and the players' union announced Thursday

The 33-year-old defenseman has been out since Nov. 27 with a knee injury. He has one goal and three assists in 13 games.

Doctors Brian Shaw of the NHLPA and Dave Lewis of the NHL will oversee Ozolinsh's care in the substance abuse and behavioral health program administered by the league and the union.

"The Mighty Ducks ownership, management, coaches and players are wholeheartedly behind Sandis and his family during this time and support his decision to seek professional help," Anaheim general manager Brian Burke said in a statement.

Ozolinsh recently was selected for Latvia's Olympic team.

Pony was awesome tonight. The give and go with Stajan was all his doing. Aki Berg had a surprisingly solid game tonight, at least from where I was watching. Eddie is continuing to look surprisingly sober these days; hopefully having Telqvist there to give him some nights off will keep that going. McCabe had the usual bullet from the point, but at times I wish he'd go back to being the more defensively sound, stay at home player he used to be. Czerkawski and Kilger were non-issues tonight, which is especially bad for Czerkawski, who's going to have his work cut out for him staying in the lineup once Lindros, Antropov, Steen and Allison get back. It was a fun game, and a great atmosphere to be in the crowd for (although obviously not as hostile as when the Leafs go to Buffalo ;) ).

Guest Mr. Potato Head 27

Slightly off-topic...why can I not find a single site with updated/different rosters for NHL 2003? Back in the NHL 2000 days, there were AHL rosters, OHL rosters, everything...now nothing?

It was a great game though, so I can forgive the Leafs for losing. Plus, I have Kipper in a pool and shutouts are pretty important.

And yeah, you can't use injuries as an excuse for Leafs fans. With the age or injury proneness of some of our top stars, our scrubs usually see a LOT of playing time throughout the year, and are always up to the challenge. Maybe Ottawa just needs to find better scrubs.

Wow, my Sens have been playing like ass, and today is no different, they're already down 4-0 and the first period isn't even over. But to say that Sens fans can't use injuries as an excuse is bullshit. Look who the Leafs have out, and looks who the Sens have out. We're missing Havlat, Spezza, Bochenski, and Havlat. With the exception of Bochenski, none of the Leafs injured players are anywhere near as good as who we have out.

Guest Grapehead

Us Sens fans are just in misery over the constant injuries to our stars, and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

We've been missing Steen, Lindros, Allison, Antropov and Colio all at once for some games but it kept on winning except for fucking Calgary. Damn Flames.