Dane Cook.

MalaCloudy Black

Okay, so I've been listening to Dane Cook a lot, just wondering, who else on EWB listens to the guy? :unsure:

He's an absolutely ace comedian, Two of my favourite bits are his "Not So Kool-Aid" and "My Son, Optimus Prime" ones. They're great.

Dane Cook is great, one of my favorite stand-up guys. I just got his new cd yesterday at target..if you're a fan of him..PICK IT UP. Hes got some great bits, I actually went to one of his shows and got to meet him after it. Hes a great guy and is even funnier in real life. His new cd is called "retaliation" it comes with a dvd that has all of his crank yankers, shorties watchin' shorties, bar mitzva bash, and his tourgasm preview.

OH YEA!!!

Oh no..oh no.

Dane Cook is an excellent excellent comedian. He's got some great talent that just revolves around his very timely delivery. The guy is gold in a lot of his material and is even funnier when you're actually watching him perform it.

And as far as wondering who else on this board hears him. It's no matter, Retaliation has debuted 4th in the Billboard Top 200, the first comedy album to break the top 5 on the billboard since 1979 when Steve Martin's album was 2nd.

I plan on getting Retaliation sometime by Christmas.

I prefer Dave Attell, but I'm older then you guys so I probably should.

I downloaded a couple of tracks...they were abysmal. The "My Son, Optimus Prime" one raised a slight snigger, but would have been considerably funnier had he not mentioned that he was going to name his children after Transformers characters, and wait straight from talking about baby names to yelling "Optimus Prime, get over here!" or whatever.

That's what I don't like about a lot of American comedy, it feels so forced because more often than not the comedian feels the need to explain the joke, or give it a load of build-up instead of just coming out and saying it, and it spoils it.

I downloaded a couple of tracks...they were abysmal. The "My Son, Optimus Prime" one raised a slight snigger, but would have been considerably funnier had he not mentioned that he was going to name his children after Transformers characters, and wait straight from talking about baby names to yelling "Optimus Prime, get over here!" or whatever.

That's what I don't like about a lot of American comedy, it feels so forced because more often than not the comedian feels the need to explain the joke, or give it a load of build-up instead of just coming out and saying it, and it spoils it.

You lose, stop trying too hard to be different. :P

His new CD is brilliant. I listened to half of it on the way to the movies the other day. I saw him live about a year ago too when he performed on campus. He's amazing to see live and I highly suggest going to see him if any of you get a chance. I think after that performance and hearing his new CD, he has easily become my favorite comedian.