Recommend Me Some Metal/Hard Rock Bands

Evil Chase K

Guest seattlebandfan9

I like Flaw, so I'm gonna have to check out Five Bolt Main. Also, All That Remains is good, but I can't stand the vocals.

I don't see how you can't like the vocals in All That Remains. Phil Labonte is probably the best in metal at the moment. But to each his own, I suppose.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Flaw, so I'm gonna have to check out Five Bolt Main. Also, All That Remains is good, but I can't stand the vocals.

I don't see how you can't like the vocals in All That Remains. Phil Labonte is probably the best in metal at the moment. But to each his own, I suppose.

I don't like real screamy/growling vocals...I prefer actual singing. Or at least a mix of a guy who screams/growls but sings too. As long as he doesn't sound whiney.

I don't like real screamy/growling vocals...I prefer actual singing. Or at least a mix of a guy who screams/growls but sings too. As long as he doesn't sound whiney.

Why are you stacking up on Sepultura then? :P

I'm a glutton for punishment.

Well Sepultura was one of the bands that made me accept and then fall in love with growling, screaming, grim, etc. vocals.

Slayer and Morbid Angel played a bigger role though. Especially MA since, well, they utilize growls pretty much all the time.

Stabbing Westward - High, How Could I Hold On, You Complete Me, What Do I Have To Do?

Smile Empty Soul - Bottom Of A Bottle, Silhouettes, All My Problems, For You, Therapy

Sinch - The Last Scene, Silence Broken, All That's Left Behind, Identity Theft, What They Mean When They Say

Pitchshifter - Eight Days, My Kind, Slip, Shutdown, We Know

Katatonia - Teargas, Tonight's Music, Evidence, Clean Today, The Future Of Speech, Ghost Of The Sun

Calico System - Suicide Common, Girl Named Vegas, It's Fair To Say

40 Below Summer - Self Medicate, Rain, Monday Song, Alienation, Taxi Cab Confession

I'd download the songs in italics, see if you like the type of music the bands play, and then decide if you want to check out the rest. In my opinion these would fit well on a Metal/ Hard Rock radio show.