Sean Astin joins cast of 24 for season 5...

BlackFlagg

The clock has already started ticking for the thrilling and unpredictable fifth season of 24, which will involve new cast members Sean Astin ("The Lord of the Rings" trilogy), Jean Smart (Garden State) and Connie Britton (Friday Night Lights) along with newcomer Brady Corbet (Thirteen). 24's "Day 5" will start with a four-hour, two-night season premiere on Sunday, Jan. 8 and Monday, Jan. 9 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The second hour on Monday, Jan. 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) will be the series' 100th episode.

The fifth hour of 24 will air in the show's regular time period on Monday, Jan. 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), and the intense series will then unfold on a weekly basis without repeats or preemptions all the way until the heart-stopping season finale.

In season four, Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) led Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) operatives in the series' most intense hours as they prevented a criminal mastermind from detonating a nuclear bomb just minutes before it would have killed millions of people and changed the world forever.

Season five picks up 18 months later as national security is brutally breached and the thrilling clock begins to tick again. A presumably dead Jack Bauer is actually living a new life with Diane (Britton) and her son Derek (Corbet). Panicky President Logan (Gregory Itzin) is running the nation, while composed Bill Buchanan (James Morrison) commands CTU alongside key operatives Curtis Manning (Roger Cross), Edgar Stiles (Louis Lombardi) and Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub). Also featured in season five will be Emmy Award-winning actress Jean Smart as First Lady Martha Logan. In addition, Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard) and Audrey Raines (Kim Raver) return in the upcoming season.

it already is out in the uk

the us usualy gets it shortly before the new season, so i am gussing it will be around during the x-mass time.

January will be one hell of a month for tv, the shield, the wire and 24, prittymuch everything you need to see starts, after thes shows are over you should only spend very little time in front of your tv for one fith to half the year :D

January will be one hell of a month for tv, the shield, the wire and 24, prittymuch everything you need to see starts, after thes shows are over you should only spend very little time in front of your tv for one fith to half the year  :D

Edited by Fitzy

January will be one hell of a month for tv, the shield, the wire and 24, prittymuch everything you need to see starts, after thes shows are over you should only spend very little time in front of your tv for one fith to half the year  :D

The Shield will not be starting in January. They also never announced a start date, either. The Wire never officially announced a date, either, so that's not true. Both shows probably will start in the first quarter of the year, but no official dates have been set.

As for Sean Astin on 24, this is good news. I am a fan of his and he has shown he can act not only in movies but on TV series' as well with his small part in TNT's Into The West as well his his part in the second season of Showtime's Jeremiah.

Oh, and Audrey Raines is back? Ugh. She was terrible. Bring back Michelle Dessler and Chloe. I liked their characters.

I liked Chloe as a character, I much more prefered her in Series. She still had the sort of schitzo, opressed attitude in Series 4, but not enough for my liking. I dig Edgar too, the token fat man. :shifty:

Can't wait for this to air. I absolutely adore 24. Audrey being back sucks though (As others have already said), I wasn't a fan of the character.

And yeah, Series 4 is out on DVD over here. It's like £45. THe same price I got all four of the series for. :D

Chloe, Audrey, screw that I want Kim back

May as well just make her some extra that pops into the scene once in a while. Doesn't do or say shit. Because if they give her a role, it'll probably suck. First three years are good enough evidence.

Chloe. Anyone else think she's kinda decent looking or am I just going to hell?