Charlotte Bobcats

Blitz

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the Bobcats owner is a cheap bastard. Is this true?

Apparently so, I think Barkley once said something like Charlotte will be the Clippers of the East. As long as they make money, the owner will be happy. If they happen to win, that's just an added bonus in his mind.

Apparently so, I think Barkley once said something like Charlotte will be the Clippers of the East. As long as they make money, the owner will be happy. If they happen to win, that's just an added bonus in his mind.

I really don't know about this. He's big businessman. He's gotta know what he's getting into in Charlotte. This town already threw out one ownership that didn't care, Bob Johnson will not be like that.

Guest bukkake bandit

Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Kerry Kittles, Eddie Jones, Antoine Walker and their high-salaried, unprotected brethren can breathe a sigh of relief. The Charlotte Bobcats don't want them in Tuesday's expansion draft.

"We aren't taking any big contracts," coach and general manager Bernie Bickerstaff said Monday. "We aren't taking any contracts that are longer than two years."

That means the Bobcats will select a smattering of young, unproven gym rats that can possibly be molded into future stars. That means no Jerry Stackhouse, no Brian Grant, no Allan Houston and -- former Hornets fans can relax -- no Derrick Coleman.

But will anyone even recognize the players Bickerstaff does select?

"Basketball fans will," he said.

Charlotte finalized one major move Monday, acquiring the No. 2 overall pick in Thursday's amateur draft -- which the Bobcats will use to select Emeka Okafor or Dwight Howard -- from the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for the No. 4 overall pick and Charlotte's second-round pick, 33rd overall. The Bobcats also agreed to select Clippers center Predrag Drobnjak in the expansion draft.

In another deal that was close to being finalized, Charlotte would acquire center Jahidi White, cash and a future draft pick from Phoenix -- a deal that would give the Suns enough salary cap flexibility to make a run at free agents Kobe Bryant or Steve Nash.

The Bobcats tried to acquire the No. 1 overall pick from the Magic, but the Clippers were more receptive to a trade.

Bickerstaff said he expects to make three or four trades before this week is over.

"There's not a lot, but we do have some things on the bubble and we'll work diligently to try to bring a couple more to fruition," he said.

Many teams left their highest-salaried players unprotected for the expansion draft, in which the other 29 teams could protect up to eight players but had to leave at least one player unprotected.

Among the unprotected players the Bobcats are believed to be interested in are Sacramento's Gerald Wallace and Jason Kapono of Cleveland.

Bickerstaff has to pick a minimum of 14 players, no more than one from each team. He expects to choose at least 18 players but said as few as five might be on the opening night roster.

Meanwhile, the Bobcats worked out forward Josh Childress for a second time, but Childress said the team had not given him any feedback.

"I like Charlotte. It would be an honor, a great opportunity," said Childress, who left Stanford after his junior season. "I feel like I have the maturity of a college kid but the potential of a high school athlete and I think that I could grow with the franchise."

Yeah. He's cheap.

I'm watching it bitches! You can get NBA TV for free and watch it yourselves, but if not, I'll just keep editing this post.

EDIT: As of ~7:20, absolutely NOTHING has happened. They're showing a Bobcats hype video that's putting me to sleep. When I got on, the owner was finishing up a speech. They've mentioned the trade with the Clips for the picks and Drobnjak and that's about it.

Picks to be made after this commercial break. Can you feel the excitement? <_<

Tickets are available at 704-BOB-CATS, that's 704-BOB-CATS :shifty:

Selections will be made alphabetically. . .

# 1 - Lonny Baxter (Washington)

# 2 - J.R. Bremer (Golden State) Bickerstaff said nothing about him, interesting.

# 3 - Primoz Brezec (Indiana) que?

# 4 - Maurice Carter (New Orleans)

# 5 - Predrag Drobnjak (L.A. Clips)

# 6 - Desmond Ferguson (Portland) no picture for this Schmo

# 7 - Marcus Fizer (Chicago) 1st guy picked the crowd applauded for. They looked pretty disgusted at the CBA level talent picked thus far. Unrestricted due to selection, so he can sign elsewhere if he wants.

# 8 - Richie Framm (Seattle)

# 9 - Brandon Hunter (Boston)

#10- Jason Kapono (Cleveland) Guess he better get some LeBron autographs to sell on E-Bay while he can

#11- Zaza Pachulia (Orlando) - trade bait apparently

#12- Aleksandar Pavlovic (Utah) - also trade bait

#13- Jamal Sampson (L.A. Lakers) - The Lakers really didn't want to lose him apparently :shifty:

#14- Tamar Slay (Nets) - becomes unrestricted due to selection, so he too can walk

#15- Theron Smith (Grizzlies) - he's the "sleeper" of this draft

#16- Jeff Trepagnier (Denver)

#17- Gerald Wallace (Sacramento) - finally someone I've seen play, loudest cheer of the night. . . but that's out of 2 cheers so far

#18- Jahidi White - they also get a future 1st round pick and $$ from Cleveland as part of this deal, I don't know why though

#19- Loren Woods (Miami)

Edited by naiwf