Scream 4 Announced

King.

the only good one was the first one, that realy had something to it, the second one sucked big time and the third one sucked to an amound that i cannot find anywords.

Really? I think I liked the second better then the first. The third is undoubtedly the worst in the trilogy.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Just gotta wonder which position on IMDb's Bottom 100 this will feature on. Seriously guys, I reckon this film will suck some serious ass. Sequels are bad enough, but sequels at an uncomfortable length of time after the original (first/second sequels etc.) are even worse.

T2 was made 7 years after the first Terminator. Terminator 3 was made 12 years after T2 and it was really good. Aliens was made 7 years after the original Alien, and it was really good. And The Color of Money was made 25 years after The Hustler.

I loved the first two ones, but the third? Blah. I don't remember much of the movie, since it's been years since I saw it, but I remember one thing though: I did not like it. And that's why I'm very iffy about the 4th. I don't think it'll do the first two movies any justice, and I for one am not looking forward to this.

I personally never took Scream as a serious horror, in ways it was so bad that it turned into a comedy especially with scary movie running alongside I just couldn't take it seriously, 1 was ok when it was released although now I look at it I rate it as terrible. They've just recently shown all 3 on TV over here and at times I was almost cringing at how bad they were, I think they all get progressively worse too. I'd suggest putting the money into a new horror movie but with the massive influx of shitty ones recently it wouldn't have much hope.

Scream was an awesome movie but it caused the rebirth of the slasher flick with whatever gimmick they could slap on another movie. Whoever came up with movies like Urban Legend, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and all the other crap that came out around that time, obviously didn't get what Scream was all about. Sadly, by the time Wes and company made Scream 2 and 3, they also forgot what Scream was all about. Still, those two sequels weren't horrendous like the other lame 90s era slashers, but they just lacked the punch of the original.

Scream was an awesome movie but it caused the rebirth of the slasher flick with whatever gimmick they could slap on another movie.  Whoever came up with movies like Urban Legend, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and all the other crap that came out around that time, obviously didn't get what Scream was all about.  Sadly, by the time Wes and company made Scream 2 and 3, they also forgot what Scream was all about.  Still, those two sequels weren't horrendous like the other lame 90s era slashers, but they just lacked the punch of the original.

Scream was an awesome movie but it caused the rebirth of the slasher flick with whatever gimmick they could slap on another movie.  Whoever came up with movies like Urban Legend, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and all the other crap that came out around that time, obviously didn't get what Scream was all about.  Sadly, by the time Wes and company made Scream 2 and 3, they also forgot what Scream was all about.  Still, those two sequels weren't horrendous like the other lame 90s era slashers, but they just lacked the punch of the original.

Didn't Kevin Williamson write I Know What You Did Last Summer though?

Touche, but like I said, they all kind of lost sight of what Scream was about. The Scream sequels faired better than Williamson's other efforts because of Craven being at the helm.

Edited by Zero

A little off topic, but maybe someone can help me in here:

For some reason whenever I think of Scream I also think of I Know What You Did Last Summer. I have no clue why. Anyway, at the end of "I STILL Know" they left it COMPLETELY open for a third movie. Was that just to make people like me wonder years later or was there actually, at one time, plans for a third?

Didn't the 3rd one wrap it all up?

Yes, and thats why I fear Scream 4, it might just be the Alien 3 of the franchise.

Alien 3 did a good job or wrapping up the franchise and bringing it all to a close, yeah I was disapointed at the lack of Hicks or Newt but it was a decent film that did it's job. Alien Resurrection on the other hand...

I'm like Pepsi, I liked Alien 3...Also enjoyed Resurrection. Jeunet's a great director, just messed up some tsuff, but the ideas were pretty decent all in all and Sigourney was pretty cool in her 'less-human' role. The "mother of the Alien" thing was awful though.

Anyway Newt is perhaps the most annoying character in the Alien quadrilogy...Glad she wound up dead....Horrible whingy little girl with her annoying voice.

A little off topic, but maybe someone can help me in here:

For some reason whenever I think of Scream I also think of I Know What You Did Last Summer. I have no clue why. Anyway, at the end of "I STILL Know" they left it COMPLETELY open for a third movie. Was that just to make people like me wonder years later or was there actually, at one time, plans for a third?

The only way to do a Scream 4 is if one of the main three starts get offed.  Preferably Dewey snapping and killing everybody..................then going after Batista to get his belt back.

Dewey is like Tommy Dreamer, a total cripple who won't quit.

Like it's been said. The original was decent at the time, and since I was only young it was scary at first. But ever since the release of piss-take movies like Scary Movie and Shriek, you can't take horror seriously any more.

In my view, Horror has had it's day and it's gone now. Thrillers seem to be the new thing. Lots and lots of suspense and lots of jumps without all the gore. I used to be into these too but there's been so many lately and they're getting worse.

Guest Thiia Deshi

The only way to do a Scream 4 is if one of the main three starts get offed.  Preferably Dewey snapping and killing everybody..................then going after Batista to get his belt back.

In my view, Horror has had it's day and it's gone now. Thrillers seem to be the new thing. Lots and lots of suspense and lots of jumps without all the gore. I used to be into these too but there's been so many lately and they're getting worse.

No genres ever die, they just go into hibernation until someone can do something original with them. Thrillers are hot right now and have been since The Sixth Sense, but Horror will have its time again when a visionary steps up with a totally different take on the genre. My bet's on Rob Zombie.