Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like this game, I had CM03/04 before this but on FM2006 I can't seem to win matches :(. I've won friendlys and such but very few competitive games. I'm yet to settle on a team for a long period of time thought.

Been playing a game as my team Bradford City. Finished 7th in the league. I was hovering around 3rd/4th for long enough but had a bad run of games (6 straight defeats) but managed a very strong run right at the end and with one game to go we we're in 7th and Barnsley we're in sixth with a 3 point advantage, but we had the better goal difference.

We did our part beating Scunthorpe 4-1 and all it needed was for Barnsley to lose at Oldham. Oldham we're winning right up until the 86th minute when Barnsley scored a penalty, meaning we missed out on the playoffs by four minutes and one point.

I haven't really made any major signings apart from Jari Litmanen in January on a free who didn't play much due to lack of fitness. But for the upcoming season I've had to sell 6-7 of my best players because we were seriously in the red. I managed to keep Litmanen as he took a pay cut from £2,000 to £450, which was nice of him as with the departures he's going to have to play a hell of a lot more. I'm predicting a finish of around 10th to 12th for this season.

One thing I found was being screwed out of wage money. I'd worked really hard to get it within budget (26k) by the end of the season. I get offered a new contract for 2 years with the budget being increased to 30k. I decide to negotiate asking for better training facilities. The board come back and say they can't afford to improve them. So I sign anyway. I then look at my wage budget and it's been reduced to £19k, WTF?

I don't know if I should laugh or be severely pissed off. I played non-stop last night, my Chelsea game for round 6 hours, stayed up till 8:30 in the morning. I suddenly get an error and the game crashes.

=[

All my hard work is gone ¬_¬.

Ok, so I'm in the second season as Arsenal. I need to strengthen my squad, but everyone who is scouted is either "not good enough" or costs in excess of 15 million pounds, and my season budget is 16 million. I've trained a few of the players to new positions to give me a chance to use them more, but I'd like some opinions/suggestions.

As far as goalkeepers go, I'm ok, as I have:

Craig Gordon (275k from Hearts. Amazingly good)

Chris Kirkland (1.7m from Liverpool. England's number 2 - and mine)

Carlo Cudicini (Free from Chelsea as cover)

Jens Lehmann (Sitting in the Reserves)

Defenders are:

Cole D/WBL (Superb, as ever)

Clichy D/WB/ML (I'm now being told he will never be more than a fringe player - I wanna prove he's more)

Campbell (DC Now 33 years old, starting to think about selling him before he gets too old)

Toure DRC (Better than Campbell)

Senderos DC (Now as good as, or better, than Campbell)

Eboue D/WBR (I'm told he's a "useful member" of the squad - I'm detirmined to prove he's more)

Lauren D/WBR (Still a good player, but recently falls behind Toure and Eboue in the pecking order)

Cafu D/WB/MR (Signed for free from Milan to use as cover at right back or right midfielder)

Pascal Cygan DC (I try to keep him as far from the pitch as possible)

Midfielders:

Kieron Dyer WBR/AMCR (Signed for 6.5m at the start of the game. Becoming a great player)

Gilberto DM (Still a good player, but fallen down the pecking order in recent times)

Simeone Perrotta DM/MLC (Signed from Roma for a bargain 4m to be Vieira's replacement. Does the job - very well)

Fabregas MC (Still improving, used in rotation)

David Bentley AMRLC (I'm told he'll never be more than a "fringe player". I want to prove he's more)

Freddie Ljungberg AMRL (Fantastic player, as good as ever)

Robert Pires AMRL (Still a good, but aging player at 33. Thinking of selling before he gets too old)

Ismael Aissati AMLC (1m from PSV. Scored on his debut against Bayern Munich, but I'm told he's "not good enough". I think he is)

Aliaksandr Hleb AMC (Progressing well. Strong and dependable. Used in rotation)

Forwards:

Thierry Henry ST (World Player of the Year. He's Thierry Henry. 'Nuff said)

Robin van Persie AMLC/ST (Outscoring Henry this so far season, got 30 goals last year. He's becoming a legend)

Jose Antonio Reyes AML/ST (Scored 52 goals last season, 2nd to Henry's 69. 'Nuff said)

Dennis Bergkamp AM/FC (Now 37, still hasn't announced retirement. Rarely used)

Rivaldo AM/FC (Signed on a free from Olympiakos. Used as cover - rarely)

Suggestions? Opinions? It's frustrating to hear that either no players are good enough, or they cost 4 years transfer budget. Like is says above, I'm contemplating selling possibly Campbell, Pires, or both. Just cos they are aging and I would like to reap back some money from them if possible.

I think in my honest opinion you need more depth and players in nearly each position because a few of your plauers as you have rightly said are aging.

Your in your second season so a few of these players may cost more or may hvae moved to bugger clubs.

Anthony Vanden Borre

The guy is a great. I have bought him in every game i play as Arsenal and he never lets me down. Better than he was in FMO5 his versatility will also benefit you aswell.

Greame O'Brien

Excellent Prosepct for the future. Strong Right back. I recently viewed stats of him in 2015. He looks great. Should be cheap as well.

Anderson

Similar to Fabregas really. He is an attacking midfielder who is creative. Scores goals as well as assisting his team mates in there efforst.

Guarin

Great DM. 18 years of age and plays just as good as a 28 year old. One of the most recognisible talents on the game.

Kerlon

Available from the second season and on. Deffinately hope and pray that this guy has not been sold to another club because he turns out great as well.

If you need anymore let me know. Sorry my descriptions are rubbish but its late. I can provide some screenshots of particular players as well if you need them.

Can't find O'Brien on the game.......

I'm tempted to start my game again....I realise I needed to play the likes of Clichy more in the first year, and maybe recall Bentley and play him more too. My assistant manager tells me they will never be good enough to be in my team now. I thought it was him being rubbish, but turns out he's one of the best assistant managers in the game world.

I'm gonna start a second game that will hopefully become my main game. The game i'm in now is too unrealistic anyway....and just realised I hadn't updated with the patches, and the site recommends starting a new game even though it's save game compatible. It'll be good to have Arsenal back in red and white.

Edited by TheArsenal

Haven't played for a while, and now I've found myself wanting to start playing it again, but I keep telling myself not to bother until the new patch comes out, but that could be ages now.

Chinese controversy

Football Manager 2005 was banned in China when it was found that regions such as Tibet, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao were included as separate countries in imported releases. China has long claimed these regions as their provinces and their reason for banning the game was that it "threatened its content harmful to China's sovereignty and territorial integrity ... [that] seriously violates Chinese law and has been strongly protested by our nation's gamers". Sports Interactive has since published a statement reporting that a Chinese version of the game (complete with Taiwan annexed into China as per the Chinese government's wishes) will be released. They have also said that the offending version was not translated into Chinese as it was not supposed to be released in China. The offending games were believed to have been imported or downloaded, written to CD and boxed to be sold in illegal software shops in China.