lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The box says it will run on 2000 (Y)

Thank FUCK for that! I read somewhere it was only XP, so I started to shit myself and never actually bothered to download the demo.

But I've been playing PES5 recently and have been wanting to play more football games, so I'm gonna pop out and buy it now methinks.

Oh yeah; the demo runs for 6 months is it?

Box for me says it can run on:

Windows 98 9E / ME / 2000 / XP

So, yeah, you should be fine with 2000.

Yeah it works fine.

Started a game unemployed, but got bored when I got to October and nobody had hired me, so I decided to quit. I'm gonna start an Arsenal game soon, or maybe some League Two side because I fancy a bit of a challenge.

Do a diary too.

You know me, everytime I get a new FM a start about 5 diaries! (Y)

Started a game with Mansfield, and 2 games in have lost 2, conceeded 3 and scored none, but I'm gonna stick it out and see how I go.

Got bored with my Mansfield game (I don't like losing :angry: ) so i just continued my Arsenal one I started a little while ago.

A few games in and I've made a few signings for the future, along with a big money signing in Carlos Kameni from Espanyol for what will eventually be about £13m, but I think he's worth it. Been playing really well, and kept me in one game all by himself. Really enjoying it so far.

1 season completed as manager of Bury (career game, started unemployed). Pre-season expectations were relegation, no transfer funds, bank balance of £0. End the season with a bank balance of £47k, and signed a half dozen free players. But the real story is...

I dragged Bury kicking and screaming into 13th place! My personal target was top half (12 and above) so im satisfied with that performance. Board are delighted with me, the fans worship me. Was offered a three year deal by the board but I turned it down as they werent prepared to invest more funds. I eventually accepted a 1 year deal, at a lower wage to try and take pressure off my wage budget. If we get promoted, then I stick with them, if not, and if I dont get any funds after this season then im walking away...

BUT...

I've signed a bunch of top class players from Serie A and the Premiership/Championship on frees for good wages. Fans were delighted with every signing. My problem position had always been goalkeeper. Had two crap ones, well the italian i've signed would play easily in a top flight team. I've pulled a massive coup off there. Marco Taddioni I think, something like that. I'll edit this next time I open the game with the names of the amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing players I bought hehe. Bury for the championship! Just need to make another 4 loanees to add depth to the squad again.

EDIT: OHHh I forgot. Have you noticed the coolness of the Favoured Personel feature for clubs? Two of my signings (Lucho Alvarez who came in january and took three months to get full fitness before blitzing everyone, and a new 20yr old striker who just arrived amongst mucho hypo) have become instant hero's at the club. Im hoping if I can get promotion, I will become a club hero!

Edited by EZE

I made it through the first season as Shelbourne easily winning the domestic league and cups. My real challenge is Europe, the first season I was knocked out in the 3rd round qualifiers of the champions league by Monaco but made it through the opening and group stage of the UEFA cup. Was knocked out by Shaktar Donetsk 5-4 on aggeregate in the first knockout round though. My little run mananged to propel me up some 140 places in the cofficents to 127th or something. My left winger Alan Moore even got into the Champions League bext XI :) Second season, more domestic sucsess thus far, I got into the 3rd qualifying round of the CL again, lost 2-1 away at Ajax so was hoping to squeeze a 1-0 win at home and make the group stage. Unfortunately it finished 1-1 at home so another UEFA cup run, the fact i'm not seeded this year means i'm facing AEK Athens.