Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Its the little things I'm liking, such as extra details about the upcoming fixture and details on the man of the match from the last game

Is it just me or is everyone gettin loads of injuries. I've got my 2 right backs and my 2 keepers, as well as 2 out of 4 of my centre mids all injured. I like the bit where you decide whether you want to give an injection or rest them, or send players home if they have flu. Nice little touch as you need to think how it will affect things

I love the manager information screen, all I need for overview in once place

I also like the goal alerts at the bottom of the screen during a match. Another nice touch

The half/full time team talks are done well. I was 2-0 to Barnsley in the cup and bollocked the team, and ended up winning 3-2

And Eddie Lewis = God, until he got injured

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Red Devil

I love this game and I hate it at the same time.

There so much extra little stuff in the game that makes it great but I can't seem to get a good formation. I wanted to get used to the game so started as Man Utd thinking to myself, after I figure out what all these new features do I can start with a lower team and challenge myself. I just about manage to scrape a win past Debracen in the CLQ and follow up with a loss to Middlesborogh. The team's good enough to be a top contender so it must be the tactics.

I tried to start another game as United and this time I once again narrowly qualified in the CLQ beating Trabzoner 2-1 and then went on to lose and get totally demolished against Chelsea at home. I also lost to Sunderland. Bastards.

Not sure what's wrong but I got frustrated so I'm gonna take a break and then go back to it. Hopefully I have more luck next time.

Anyone who's having some success wanna give me some tips? Mostly tactics related as that's where it looks like I'm fucking up but anything would be great.

The way you play is what I would call cheating, Red Devil. Fid out how to win, start a new career and wi everything. Ugh.

Anyway, I actually received the game the day before the release, but haven;'t played it yet. I always have just oe career that takes me all the way until next years game, so I thought I would wait for all the patches to come out before playing, beccuase they ever work properly on saved games.

How many patches will there be do you think?

Guest Red Devil

Thomas, I think you got the wrong end of the stick. I started as a big team and the team I support as it happens because I wanted to get used to the new features not to find out how to win. That's how I always play manager games. Get used to what the new features do then I can start a proper game and do that. Just thought I'd clarifiy that. I'm going to keep on trying to get my formation right as I continue the season, haven't started great but will hopefully get a lot better a lot faster!

Well, I got Darlington promoted to League One at the end of my first season, first time I've got them promoted on any FM/CM game so I'm very happy. We beat Cheltenham 3-0 in the play off final, with Ndumbu-Nsungu scoring a hat trick. That man is a god in League Two, he got 32 goals this season so I hope he's good enough to play in League One as well.

I stuck with the same modified 4-3-3 formation throughout the season that served me well at first, I then went on a horrible run of 5 defeats in a row but then we had a late spell of form and ended up finishing 5th.

My board suck however, they're not giving me any transfer funds for the second season in a row, the bastards. I hope they've increased my wage budget though, I have Ian Walker coming in on a free and he won't be cheap. <_<

This game is bloody addictive. >_<

Edited by Darloboy

Guest Red Devil

I've decided to have a crack at the Spanish league. Going to play as Villareal to try and get a better position that they did last year, going to be difficult but hopefully I can do it. I've decided to drop the 4-4-2 and use the 4-5-1 formation. Hopefully this is more defensivly secure and I can bury the chances that I do get.

For those of you suffering from injury woes, are you playing with or without the patch? Im playing without as Derby, and I'm five months in, sitting 2nd in the championship, but it seems like every game i lose a first team player to injury.

Will the patch

a) solve this?

b) force me to start again?

For those of you suffering from injury woes, are you playing with or without the patch? Im playing without as Derby, and I'm five months in, sitting 2nd in the championship, but it seems like every game i lose a first team player to injury.

Will the patch

a) solve this?

b) force me to start again?

Guest Red Devil

Thanks for caring Tom, not sure what I would do if you didn't care about my game.

I've got the latest patch installed and there's still far too much injuries for my liking. I wouldn't mind if they were small injuries and a couple of big one's as that's realistic but I had 5 players out for longer then 3 months at the same time. Now unless your playing as a big team with a huge squad it's going to be extremly difficult to win matches without half your first team. Hopefully it was just bad luck and bad timing. I don't want that happening throughout the season.