Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

And it was Ultimate Soccer Manager and the bribes and bungs were great (so was the visual pitch).

Premier Manager had the cool advertising hoardings you could sell advertising on.

Original Championship Managers you could offer your players a bonus to win.

USM was shit hot. I still have USM2 somewhere. I FUCKING LOVED IT. It was like my favourite football management game for years. I miss the series :(

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And it was Ultimate Soccer Manager and the bribes and bungs were great (so was the visual pitch).

Premier Manager had the cool advertising hoardings you could sell advertising on.

Original Championship Managers you could offer your players a bonus to win.

USM was shit hot. I still have USM2 somewhere. I FUCKING LOVED IT. It was like my favourite football management game for years. I miss the series :(

USM98 was amazing. I fired all the players for Yeovil and replaced them all with youth players and eventually got the Premiership and then became the best team in the world with 5 or 6 players from my youth team squad staying there. Ok, so I used the uber-money cheat but that's not the point... <_<

I have USM98... the original CD. I play on it from time to time. I also play TCM all the time, the '04 version because the newer one was lame.

I remember one of the earlier USM's where if you won by 10 or more goals the game would crash. I also remember playing Premier Manager on the Amiga, which was great because it allowed you to have both player's matches run simultaneously on the screen. You could also edit your players names at any point, which was a bit mad.

Does anyone remember Kevin Keegans Football Manager (or something to that effect) on the SNES/Mega Drive? That was wicked bad back in the day, me and my mate would constantly play it.

I bought that from a car boot for £7 cartridge only. Took me fookin ages to work out how you advanced time.

Shit when I first saw Marcos' post I for some reason read FIFA instead of FM. Cheers for the alternate DL link Jules. (Y)

Oh yea, I finally pre orded this last night along with PES5. I really hope it arrives on the Friday.

Looks like you could build a nice squad on the transfers availible, Drogba, Saha. Even Guarins supposed move to Boca is only listed as a loan, another year of Guarin :P

Edited by King Ellis

Been playing the beta for a while now. It's a good game, some nice additions.

Peter Crouch plays for Liverpool in some other country, had to spend £1m on him to get him back :P

Im enjoying it, is a nice update from 05. Is this what the final game will be like?

Or is there other game additions?

Loading from day to day is good and prompt, but loading matches is quite slow. It is the beta though so I understand.