Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

I started my first game as unemployed and got job offers from Bristol and Mansfield to begin with, and I wanted the Bristol job but couldn't figure out how to accept it, so I rejected it. It took another five months before I got another offer from Stockport, which I accepted. The team was a mess though, like a million in the hole. I finished the season in like 18th place in League Two. Then I pretty much had to sell a lot of my better players and my good youth players all got hurt. Then my computer crashed, making me lose like two months of game time.

So I started a new game with my squad Plymouth. Apparently their fans weren't too happy about them signing an unknown 30 year old American... fuck them. Haven't got far enough to actually do much though. Injuries are killing me so far though.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Ringo Von Masterson

Even if your squad is shit in the MLS, you rarely lose. I had one of the worst NER teams I'd ever seen and won the league fairly easily. Then your profile is boosted and you can easily get a good spot in Europe once you're done with that.

I was watching a documentary on Nottingham Forrest and was inspired by the spirit of Brian Clough <_<. So I created a new game where I intend to emulate his efforts. I've already been promoted to the English Championship but the season isn't other and it's been fun so far.

Yeah, it's not as bad as I thought. I've been beaten once, and I've beaten the champions, just prior to them winning the title. I've literally just decided to buy all the players I had at Perth Glory because they're very good, cheap to buy and a lot of them 'like' me in their profile things, under favoured personnel. Although some bastard turned me down to go to Everton, I mean, how dare he, after all I gave him. I MADE HIM! :@

It's just really annoying when your options are so limited with the wage budget, squad size, ages, and international status. Why don't they allow international players? That seems like the weirdest rule. But the good things about this league is that you get loads of subs (only 3 to use though) and your team don't have to be filled with Americans. I don't know how this is supposed to help the popularity and progression of football in America if this is how the real MLS is run.

The SuperDraft seems a bit gay. I have no idea what I'm to do, or how to rate players. It's basically a giant lottery? And why are there two conferences? There's only 12 teams in the entire league.

I applied for the Newcastle job, so fingers crossed I return to normality soon. (¬_¬)

I've also decided I'll start all of my games from now on with interesting leagues, unemployed. I mean, there's no way I'd end up at the same clubs twice, and it's weird when you form a bond with a club, despite possibly never caring about them before. Wrexham now have a little peice of love from me in my heart, and are my favourite Welsh team now. And I already liked Perth Glory due to their links with Rangers.

So anyways...I think I play this game far too much. :(

Right so I've started a new game as Bolton.

Does anyone know a goal scoring centre forward, who can work as a target man? I'm playing the Bolton/Chelsea formation (DMC, MC, MC, AMR, AML, FC) and Borgetti and Davies aren't really cutting it, and I prefer Vaz Te, Diouf and Pedersen on the wings.

As I found out when I signed him in another game for Fulham, Nolan is a god.

Even if your squad is shit in the MLS, you rarely lose. I had one of the worst NER teams I'd ever seen and won the league fairly easily. Then your profile is boosted and you can easily get a good spot in Europe once you're done with that.

I was watching a documentary on Nottingham Forrest and was inspired by the spirit of Brian Clough <_<. So I created a new game where I intend to emulate his efforts. I've already been promoted to the English Championship but the season isn't other and it's been fun so far.

Yeah, it's not as bad as I thought. I've been beaten once, and I've beaten the champions, just prior to them winning the title. I've literally just decided to buy all the players I had at Perth Glory because they're very good, cheap to buy and a lot of them 'like' me in their profile things, under favoured personnel. Although some bastard turned me down to go to Everton, I mean, how dare he, after all I gave him. I MADE HIM! :@

It's just really annoying when your options are so limited with the wage budget, squad size, ages, and international status. Why don't they allow international players? That seems like the weirdest rule. But the good things about this league is that you get loads of subs (only 3 to use though) and your team don't have to be filled with Americans. I don't know how this is supposed to help the popularity and progression of football in America if this is how the real MLS is run.

The SuperDraft seems a bit gay. I have no idea what I'm to do, or how to rate players. It's basically a giant lottery? And why are there two conferences? There's only 12 teams in the entire league.

I applied for the Newcastle job, so fingers crossed I return to normality soon. (¬_¬)

I've also decided I'll start all of my games from now on with interesting leagues, unemployed. I mean, there's no way I'd end up at the same clubs twice, and it's weird when you form a bond with a club, despite possibly never caring about them before. Wrexham now have a little peice of love from me in my heart, and are my favourite Welsh team now. And I already liked Perth Glory due to their links with Rangers.

So anyways...I think I play this game far too much. :(

Edited by The Kraig

Everton don't need a draft to go from high to low to high to low, etc.

I have these leagues running:

Scotland (All, 3).

England (League Two And Above, 4).

USA (MLS, 1).

Australia (A-League, 1).

Wales (Premier League, 1).

Nothern Ireland (Premier League, 1).

Total leagues: 11.

Basically all the English-speaking countries. Not Ireland though, I'd get killed if I worked there in real life. Pity the J-League isn't in, I'd like to have managed in Japan.

And if that MLS stuff is true, I'll get the good draft picks, since I finished second last in my conference. :)

I have 356mb of RAM (or something like that) so it can take a while to process a lot of events, but I never play FM alone. I usually watch football on the TV, or put a computer game on, make CAWs for SD vs RAW, etc. Oh, and er study for my exams. (¬_¬)

I have an awesome Spurs squad now. Like I said earlier, signed Drogba for £3.3m. Scored 39 goals in total this season. Leo Messi is coming on well, got voted Players' Player Of The Year. We finished 4th, a step down from 3rd last year, but ahh well, winning the Uefa Cup makes up for that. 2-0 down at halftime to Porto, came back and beat them 6-2. If you thought that was high for a final! You haven't seen nothing yet. Man Utd beat Inter 8-3 =/

So I signed Mexes for £7m in January.

GK - Robinson

DR - Kelly

DC - King

DC - Mexes

DL - Grosso

ML - Messi

MC - Carrick

MC - Davids

MR - Valdo

FC - Drogba

FC - Defoe

I shipped Stanjer out as he flopped after January. He's 31. I managed to get £2.5m for him. So that's a £2.5m profit, as I signed him on a free the year prior. Brought in 4 new faces this summer; Harry Kewell on a free, Veron for £2.5m, Scaloni on a free and Glen Johnson for £2.2m. I still need to bring in a backup striker, goalkeeper and possibly a left-defender. I have £24m to spend, so would someone please direct me to a few players?

Edited by Lost Soul

Wow. That system is er...lame. So guys from college have absolutely no say in which team they go to? That doesn't seem fair. And you can only buy players from other teams in the league by offering them draft placements - that is very lame.

And I never knew anything about points. I have my team use 'easy' tackles and never time waste. And I only had about 6 games before the end of the season.

I also got runner-up in Asian Manager Of The Year (!), because of my work at Perth Glory (Australia becomes part of Asia for some reason). Some international manager got the top award.

And yes, Kevin Nolan is a God for some reason. He scores regularly for England, all the way to 2010.

Wow. That system is er...lame. So guys from college have absolutely no say in which team they go to? That doesn't seem fair. And you can only buy players from other teams in the league by offering them draft placements - that is very lame.

And I never knew anything about points. I have my team use 'easy' tackles and never time waste. And I only had about 6 games before the end of the season.

I also got runner-up in Asian Manager Of The Year (!), because of my work at Perth Glory (Australia becomes part of Asia for some reason). Some international manager got the top award.

And yes, Kevin Nolan is a God for some reason. He scores regularly for England, all the way to 2010.

It is pretty much the same system as the Australian Football League (not a soccer one, but Aussie football). I like the system, mostly because it rules out the possibility of only two or three clubs being in contention every year, and on principle most teams should win a premiership every sixteen years (doesn't happen).

An yes, young kids don't choose where they go, but it is the luck of the draw.

Edited by Lost Soul

It is pretty much the same system as the Australian Football League (not a soccer one, but Aussie football). I like the system, mostly because it rules out the possibility of only two or three clubs being in contention every year, and on principle most teams should win a premiership every sixteen years (doesn't happen).

An yes, young kids don't choose where they go, but it is the luck of the draw.

Edited by The Flamin Mongrel

Guest Ringo Von Masterson

I don't actually think the US draft system is that bad. I don't like the way you buy players, but the draft makes it so you're not gonna have a team dominating all the time. Think of it like this, if West Brom, who worst team in the Premier Division not to get relegated, got, say, Theo Walcott and Aaron Lennon from a draft, it would certainly not mean they could beat Chelsea, Man Udt, Arsenal and the whole lot, but it would at least make things tighter and more interesting.

But back on the topic of the game, my Nottm Forest are leading the English Championship, having been promoted the year before, and we've also won the Carling Cup (my side scored 5 goals in one half to beat Arsenal 6-5, it was the best thing ever), meaning that my generally sub-par, Premiership bound team, has to be in the UEFA cup next year. This should be fun.