Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

You must have been awesome at Shelbourne to get the Arsenal job. blink.gif

I saw that happen in another game on Champ Manager 03/04. Stephen Kenny, manager of Bohemians got the Man Utd job. Bohs had done pretty well in Europe (they got to the UEFA Cup Qtr. Finals I think after finishing 3rd in their Champions League group and were running away with the Irish league each year).

I'm managing Bohs at the moment, I've had little luck getting into games (I'd make it to December and then get bored with the likes of QPR and Yeovil). I really like managing in the Ericom League for some reason (an obsession started on CM03/04 when I built a Bohs team that won league titles on all levels and the majority of the players made up the Irish underage teams.) I'm trying to emulate that on FM and where as then I could attract the likes of Taribo West now I have so far attracted the likes of Phill Babb...not quite the same but I only just started. So far we've gotten into the League cup final we're going to face Longford. Sadly we have no budget for transfers so all the players I've brought in have been free agents (bar Lee Barnard, Jemal Johnson and David Raven who came on loan).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my game (first one I started on FM 2006)

Played as Spurs (natch) and managed to do the double in my first season in charge (was second, first or third for most of the season, won the last game of the season with Chelsea drawing at Man U to give me the title!!! On this tide of confidence beat Chelsea in a Penalty Shootout in the FA Cup Final to lift the FA Cup).

Was offered the England Job after England went out of WC 2006 (got to the Quaters if I recall). Spurs are currently top of the table (Beating the Gooners in the league, and Inter away in the Champion's League being Highlights) with a game in hand and 17 games to go. England have been beating teams left-right-and-center in the Euro Qualifiers (Though my comp crashed when we were 5-0 up against Latvia before 1/2 time, so I don't know how that would have worked out).

As for players, aside from buying Mido, and Robert Green from Norwich havn't done much. Robinson is injured at the mo and Greeny is my current first choice for England and Spurs (Though Cerny has done a good job for me too, he was Keeping goal in a 1-1 draw with Inter at WHL). Mido has been injured, only made 6 appearances for me this season, Rasiak has been filling in and is my top scorer with 13 goals in 15 appearances (3 as sub)!!!

It's fun, but after the transfer window is shut in real life I'm gonna update the Database with the major transfers and start a new game with a non-league side, and maybe another game in the MLS league.

Wehre is the best place to get kits and stuff now?

sortitoutsi.net is the place I go. Although that site has been a bit dodgy lately and seems to work when it feels like it.

sortitout are having host problems, since they get so much traffic, yet the hosts do nothing to help (which would be the smart thing to do all round). They said it would be back up last night, but if not, then they'd probably have to find a new server.

FM-Britain is changing hosts as well at the moment.

sortitout are having host problems, since they get so much traffic, yet the hosts do nothing to help (which would be the smart thing to do all round). They said it would be back up last night, but if not, then they'd probably have to find a new server.

FM-Britain is changing hosts as well at the moment.

The sortitoutsi forums were working last night when the site was down, but now that seems to have died. The forum itself generally has loads more stuff on it than the actual site.

Not really. The forums are where people present their future projects and stuff they're working on. The full releases are always uploaded to the downloads database.

There was an announcement on the forums about the hosting problems. But now the forums aren't working either, which they predicted if the host kept fucking about.

Im a regular there. Hostings been a big issue this year. We changed servers and their had been problems that you guys have already discussed. The site should be backup tonight or tommorow or so im told.

You could try Throw In for downloads.

FM Britain is back up now

Edited by 'Carlito'

Just bought it from that site Kraigy linked to. I wonder if the free delivery will beat the crappy American t-shirt sites £10 delivery that I ordered almost three weeks ago :mad:

One thing I hope has been fixed... finances. In 05, if you were a lower league team, by the time you got to the Premiership you'd usually have £20 odd million in the bank, and a transfer budget of about a fiver, with a wage budget of about a packet of crisps a month. Has that been fixed, or will I still have to leave for an actual Premiership side to get a Premiership wage structure?

Edited by TheReilDeal27

The finances should be sorted as one of the new additions to the game is the ability to negociate a contract for yourself from which you can select a number of different transfer budget and wage structures.

I've just started a new game as Sunderland. I'm 10 games in at the moment and am just outside the drop zone. Out of the ten games I've only managed to win once but thanks to a very solid defense we've managed to draw more than we've lost which is amazing as we've only managed to score 6 goals and four of those came in our only victory of the season over Blackburn (4-0).

I tried to sign a striker before the season but couldn't get anyone I wanted so I'm stuck with Jonathan Stead, Andy Gray, Stephen Elliot and Chris Brown and then Anthony Le Tallac on occassion but he's playing on the right wing at the moment.

Anyway, my current first team.

GK - Kelvin Davis

DR - Christian Gyan (Bought from Feyenord for 1.8mil)

DL - Justin Hoyte (On loan from Arsenal)

DC - Stephen Caldwell

DC - Gary Breen / Alan Stubbs

MR - Anthony Le Tallac / Liam Lawrence

ML - Julio Arca

MC - Steve Sidwell (Bought from Reading for 2.2mil and is the heart of the team)

MC - Carl Robinson / Dean Whitehead

FC - Jonathan Stead

FC - Andy Gray / Stephen Elliot

The game came today. w00t.

*plays*

It's annoying though, I was just getting into a Gravesend game on '05 :P

Edit: After playing it a while, I love 06 much better than 05. The new training system is a lot more awesome, for a start... Then there are all the little improvements...

"The ex-Hereford player signed for newly-promoted Hednesford on a free transfer in 2004."

It's the Tenay-like comments that I love most :P

Edited by TheReilDeal27