Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...is that 20k wage budget per player? Because, either way damn, but otherwise - DAMN.

20k total, of which i'm using about 11-12k atm so i'm pretty much screwed unless I only get in loanees or people with next to nothing in terms of wage demands.

Plus the stadium is only 3k with 500 seats and the council blocked expansion plans so the club has pretty much no potential. Good thing the game isn't too realistic or else I wouldn't have been allowed promotion.

Edited by The Zekester

Hey, Bradford City got promoted to the Premiership in my game, twice. I even sold them a few of my aging (but still great) players when I was at Newcastle. They still got relegated though.

I've decided to start a new game and put a bunch of leagues in on 'Basic' mode, so they sim properly, but I won't be able to manage in those leagues. Oh yeah, and there's no chance in hell of me enabling MLS or the A-League again. Gay rules.

Guest muddatrucker

I've just got Anderssons Premiership kits, I load up my game and they're all invisible, tried looking on SIOS forums but no luck, what do I have to do?

I'm currently in the 2012 January transfer window and I've made a bid for this young Italian keeper named Nicola Berti. I've had my eye on this kid for the past 2/3seasons and with the departure of Ron Robert Zieler to Lazio I thought I'd finally get him into my squad. Berti plays for shitty little Vicenza so it seemed my bid would definitely be accepted by them.

And it was.

But then all of a sudden everyone and their mother wanted a pieceof the keeper. Vicenza accepted a 50% share from Juventus and now I'm having to fight off teams like Real Madrid and Man Utd as well as having to pay twice the fee that was originally accepted since I have to buy both 50% shares.

Damn you Capello.

Anyone experience troubles like this in their game?

EDIT: Milan played like this for the entire second half. It's a shame their keeper made some Superman saves.

onemanback7se.th.jpg

Edited by kulex

How the hell can you afford to pay wages for Prso and Bowyer as Dundee? Those must have been some good deals.

And my game got to 2014, maybe even 2015 Lost Soul. I sold John to Liverpool for 9M so I could sign Obefemi Martins for about 14M. Well worth it. John's getting on a bit, and doesn't play as well at Liverpool. He was still runner-up for the league top goalscorer. Liverpool came second behind me that season, by two points. (H)

And that's when I got bored and added every league in the game to a new game. Of course all of them are at 'Basic' level, but it gives such a good total immersion. You wanna go see how Maccabi Tel-Aviv are doing in their league? OK! How about Barnsley? Sure! Stirling? Yep. Hell, how about Zilina? Who, but alright then.

I only have the British Isles in as actual managable teams. All the Scottish, English, Welsh, Irish and Northern Irish leagues I can manage in, but I started unemployed again and got the Cefn Druids job (Welsh Premier League). It's horrible. TNS are the only pros and my wage budget and tranfer money is hardly anything. And to top it all off, the fans and board hated me before I even had a game because I stupidly chose to begin the game in January 2005 (Icelandic league time I think). I was the only manager in the entire world with 'Insecure' as my position status. Despite not playing a single game and improving the team 100%.

The English and Scottish leagues got the 'Full' treatment, so they should be even awesomer than normal, if I ever get there. I've lost 3 out of 3 at Druids...it's not looking good.