Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

I'm considering whether I should leave my Walsall team. The Juve job might become available, and if they offer it to me I might take it. Been Walsall since day one and am in February 2009 and have finished 2nd in League 1, won the Championship, won the Carling Cup and am currently in the top third of the Premiership above Man Utd. My team really is looking good, but I'm thinking about a change.

Problem is, whenever I do leave a club, and the club I go to aren't doing brilliantly, I want to go back and I kinda ruin the game by getting bored, so I'm still decided about leaving should a good job (the Juve one or another one) come along soon.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm considering whether I should leave my Walsall team. The Juve job might become available, and if they offer it to me I might take it. Been Walsall since day one and am in February 2009 and have finished 2nd in League 1, won the Championship, won the Carling Cup and am currently in the top third of the Premiership above Man Utd. My team really is looking good, but I'm thinking about a change.

Problem is, whenever I do leave a club, and the club I go to aren't doing brilliantly, I want to go back and I kinda ruin the game by getting bored, so I'm still decided about leaving should a good job (the Juve one or another one) come along soon.

I probably will do that, but the problem with it is, you know when you go through a bad/inconsistant spell where you just sorta get easily annoyed and pissed off? Well that's what I'm going through now. My team is actually really good, but just can't seem to string together two good results in a row, but when I'm winning and playing well I'm loving playing as them.

Then doing what I said will let you keep the game going and face a new challenge. But you will probably find before long that you miss Walsall and it was just the inconsistent form that was annoying you and making you want to move on. And when that happens, you'll still have your Walsall game there and ready to carry on with.

Edited by TheArsenal

The doing what I said will let you keep the game going and face a new challenge. But you will probably find before long that you miss Walsall and it was just the inconsistent form that was annoying you and making you want to move on. And when that happens, you'll still have your Walsall game there and ready to carry on with.

I've pretty much come to the decision to finish this season (I'm in early-March) and then see what's available in post-season and if there's anything good about, leave and apply. I'm also currently USA coach as well, so I've got that which is kinda fun. I say kinda fun, I already resigned because I got bored of that and a week later they begged me to come back, so I did!

I've just seen the most unlikely cup victory in my game. Espinho (look them up) just beat Sporting Lisbon 1-0 in the Portuguese Cup Final, after beating a slew of non-league and Liga de Honora (league below Superliga) teams.

It's fucked up, as they're non-league, and Sporting CP just won the Superliga as well. :lol:

And I started a new game, unemployed again, and got the Defn Druids job again (after everything else rejected me) and I managed to take them into Europe AGAIN, although this time it's only the Intertoto Cup. Should be good.

I'll be sure to post my World Cup results as well, heh. (¬_¬)

Pfft, Villa beat Liverpool on penalties on the FA Cup Final. Clearly beats yours :shifty:

Walsall beating Chelsea on the way to the final and then beating Charlton in the final on penalties clearly wins.

Just qualified for the Champions League proper with Shels with thanks to Robbie Fowler and Henri Camera. Spora, Debrecen and Anderlecht all beaten by us over all games. Scoring 15 goals and conceding 4. Now we have Liverpool, CSKA Moscow and PSV to look forward to.

The Intertoto Cup licks balls. I got rid of all the players I wanted to replace and I have a bunch of good players coming in on July 1st.

One problem, the Intertoto Cup happens during June, so I had to use all the guys I had left (and some frees that came in immediately, mainly youths) and I lost 5-0 to Gomel, from Belarus. And I have another leg to look forward to. <_<

I've just won League 1 with Notts Forest, was possibly the toughest season ever for me, drew loads of games but just managed to edge Bristol City. Now that we're in the Championship the Premiership awaits :D

My current team is:

1. Paul Gerrard - GK

23. John Curtis - DR

3. Gino Padula - DL

4. Danny Cullip - DC ©

5. Andreas Granqvist - DC

21. Jakub Biskup - MR

12. Chris Brunt - ML

30. Ross Gardner - MC

19. Eugen Bopp - MC

8. Craig Dargo - SC

9. Marlon King - SC

Bench: 13. Sergio Leite - GK

6. Ian Breckin - DC

24. James Beaumont - MC

7. Juanjo - AM RLC, FC

9. Gareth Taylor - SC

It's cheating to ever have more than one game.

What if you start a game as your favourite team, with the intention of never leaving (a la Curbishley, before this summer) and then have another game where you start in the lower leagues and work your way up?

It's cheating to ever have more than one game.

What if you start a game as your favourite team, with the intention of never leaving (a la Curbishley, before this summer) and then have another game where you start in the lower leagues and work your way up?