Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Champions League seems to be turning into England Premiership-fest every year. Who was in the quarter finals in 2012?

Me(Arsenal) vs PSV

Liverpool vs Schalke

Chelsea vs Tottenham

Rangers vs Bayern

And who goes through? Me, Pool, Chelsea and Bayern like so.

Arsenal vs Chelsea

Bayern vs Liverpool

Fuck this game if the final is up against me and Pool.

Just the Prem and the Championship are active but I've got Serie A, Spanish first Division, Bundesliga and the Eredevisie(sp?) running the in the background.

EDIT:BOOYAH!

4 Prem Titles

5 FA Cups

6 Community Shields

4 Champs Leagues

4 Euro Supercups

1 Confederations Cup

1 European Championship

1 World Cup

After all of that they've finally acknowldged(sp?) me as the greatest manager of all time.

As a result I've resigned from Arsenal and taking on the offer of the Holland job to see if I can get another World Cup.

Edited by kulex

Fucking gay. This is because of the results between the teams during the league. We drew 0-0 and lost 3-2 away because ONE of their players played well and got a hat trick. He literally won the league title on one performance. But I repeat, fucking gay. Goal Difference and Goals For should come before results.

Robbed. :thumbsdown:

But in other (awesome) news, I beat Porto, who just won the Superliga, in the Supertaca de Portugal semi finals 3-2 in an awesome game, and the other finalist finished one spot above relegation in my league (Portimonense), after beating Maritimo. Porto were the only Superliga team I had to face. So if I don't win this after winning the league (but not) I'm going to be so pissed off, when it's clear I have the better team. >_<

Edited by The Kraig

Well my first 6 games of the Championship season have seen me get 3 wins and 3 draws, against the stronger sides in the league so I'm pleased with how things are going so far.

Managed to get Vito Mannone on loan from Arsenal with the option to buy for 500k before the end of the season. It'll be a good signing if I can convince him to stay at the club....

Guest Professor Kou

I've lost count of the times this has happened to me during FM, but finally, it's my team doing it. :lol:

Needless to say my keeper got the man of the match.

Guest Zeokage

Creativity = 9, Decisions = 7 , Passing = 10. In the Conference North that's possibly better than I'm thinking it is.

For your level, that's probably not too bad. Decisions leave a lot to be desired, but he sounds alright. I mean, if you have any chance of finding a player with better stats, then go for it. But he could do the job alright.

Edited by Zeokage

Right, need help here, I've been playing in the Hyundai A-League (Australia) but they have a salary cap, is this a league set cap and the same throughout the league? or is it based on turnover? (say 50% of turnover) so it changes from year to year?

Oh yeah... Sasho Petrovski > Wayne Rooney (Y)

Edited by Mj3

I'm in the 2014/2015 season now, I started off with Arsenal, for three seasons. I won the premier league three times, the FA cup Twice, the League Cup three times, The Champions League three times, and the Community Shield once.

I became the manager of England a year in, and got knocked out by France managed by Arsene Wenger in the Confederations cup, and the Euro Cup, just to have him retire and me win the world cup beating Brazil 6:1 on the way :)

After I left Arsenal I stayed with no club for most of the season, in the end joining Birmingham to save them from relegatioin. I've now one the premiership, and FA cup, after taking a years break with Palace in the middle.

During the time with Birmingham I took over Nigera, unfortuenntly I didn't check to see if they could qualify for the world cup, which they had allready lost out on to Cameroon. I ended up winning the African Cup of Nations, before leaving. I joined as the Itallian manager, after the World Cup, where they knocked out England in the group stages before being knocked out by Cameroon. I should qualify for Europe, but I'm in a group with the Swiss who where the runners up to the world cup, losing to Russia

The formation i've found best for me is 442 with two full backs, two centre backs, a defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder, two attacking wingers, who come in to act like strikers, and two strikers.

Guest Zeokage

Your DM could make a good target man. He doesn't need an amazing attacking prowess. As long as his creativity, decisions and passing are at a good standard, then he should do alright. Even then, it's more his creativity and passing that needs to be competent.

Guest Zeokage

Well, the instruction book does say "generally forgo defensive duties" which is contradictive to a DM... so I can understand the confusion.

Well, I've given this strategy a try, and managed to get two draws (2-2 and 1-1). In both matches I was the dominating team, just couldn't get the finish on some of the shots. It's taken a fluke cross, a great long range shot and a ball bouncing over the keeper's head to score against me.

Although... a few times I have been close to screaming like that German kid when a player through on goal either stops, or passes to someone who's in a worse position instead of shooting.

Finally making it to the end of my first season with Weston-super-Mare, and comfortably gained promotion the two games to go. 94 points so far with 79 goals scored, and only 25 conceeded. I'm on a 32 match unbeated streak that started in October, and hopefully I can finish the last two matches without losing.

Conference National should be fun, but I've got to get rid of most of my squad as I somehow managed to bring together the biggest bunch of moany bitches my bank balance could allow <_<

Football Manager has taught me that Peter Crouch and Michael Owen do indeed make a stellar pair. I've got them up front at Toon. Unfortunately, they don't score enough as my defense has decide to be shit this year so far. I've got to figure out new formations or something, but I'm having difficulties finding places for everyone that deserves one since I have an abundance of AM's...

Edited by damshow