Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

Its a game, people play it for enjoyment. If you choose to have multiple careers, thats your choice. If you choose to save before every game, thats your choice.

Its not like any of us will ever manage a football club, its just a bit of fun.

Left Rangers after winning the SPL, Scottish Cup and losing 7-6 over two legs to Man Utd in the Quarters of the CL. I've joined Boro, things are going well enough, brought in Aaron Lennon who still loves me from my Spurs days.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But you could just get another job in the same game.... You wouldn't need to restart the database :S.

Seriously, you're being a right cock, why dont you play with made up players? because its shit and thus people can restart games as and when they please and its not cheating, stop being such a tart.

I agree.

It was funny to start with, about 10 pages ago, but now you're making yourself look like a bit of a twat.

I like having a game where I play as Arsenal my whole career. I like having a second game where I start as a small club and work my way up through the world of football. That's my business.

Maybe I cheat by using Real Players? Maybe I cheat because I don't use Attribute Masking? Either way, I don't care.

Anyone fancy having a little World Cup related competition? I had an idea a while back about doing an international game and trying to win the World Cup with a team from every continent. It would be sort of like being Guus Hiddink.

Basically, you start out with a team of your choice from one of the 5 areas (North America, South America, Africa, Europe or Asia/Oceana) and qualify/compete in the World Cup. The idea is to do as best as you can with that team, then before the next World Cup you take over as manager of a country from another continent, etc.

Scoring would go like this:

Non-qualify - 0 points

Group Stage - 1 point

Knockout - 2 points

QF - 3 points

SF - 4 points

Runner-up - 5 points

Winner - 10 points

You then multiply this by the teams ranking when you took them over to get your complete score. The player with the best performance over 5 World Cups wins.

Anyone up for it?

Bleh, I'm cursed in play-off's on FM.

On my Stockport game, I lost 3 times in them.

First season on my Worcester game I lost in the final, second season I got pissed on by Worksop in the semi 7-0 on agg.

Looks like I'm heading to the play-off's again this season :(

Guest muddatrucker

I've just finished my 3rd season as Portsmouth, managed to clinch 2nd place, the league and FA cup and beat Milan in the final of the champions league, although Anton Ferdinand still is pissed at my rejecting a bid from Newcastle...idiot.

Bojinov has probably been my star player, but Isaksson has managed to fight off competition from Toldo and Julio Cesar for his first team place. Matuzalem has also been a star, but is yet to pick up a Brazilian cap so as soon as he's eligible for England I'll make sure he'll get picked up. Alexis of Spain has been a quality player for me too and although he's aging and never seems to make the starting lineup, Fernandao has proved to clinch some vital last minute equalisers/winners.

My starting 11 looks something like this:

GK: Isaksson [sWE]

DR: Rafinha [bRA]

DL: Anderson [bRA]

DC: Ferdinand, A [ENG]

DC: Alexis [sPA]

DMC: Matuzalem [bRA]

AMC: Gasbaronni [iTA]/Van der Vaart [NED]

AMC: Daniel Carvalho [bRA]

AMC: Simaó [POR]

FC: Valeri Bojinov [bUL]

FC: Fernando Cavenaghi [ARG]

Also making regular appearances are Baretto, Van Persie, Vinicus, Fernandao, Julio Cesar.

I just need to win the league and I've pretty much achieved everything, although once I've captured that I may want to reach the top of the world rankings but that could prove lengthy.

Ha, after spending around four years - two of which under me - as coach at Arsenal, Dennis Bergkamp is now the manager.

EDIT: In other news I've taken on the Wolves job that was offered to me. They're currently 18th in the Championship and I'm hoping to turn things around and send the team through promotion. I may stick with this team for a bit.

Edited by kulex

I've got a new game going, the way I want it to be (with various nations), and I'm managing Mansfield Town. I'm hoping to see them get promoted this year. I don't expect to really stay there for long, I'm mainly playing a game to work my way up to being a huge manager in Europe. Which will certainly take many years.

I'm also planning on starting a fun game where I cheat (OH NOES!!!). I'm going to take a team in the ECS or ECN and then do some cheap transfers from Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, etc. with other users to give me a ton of money to buy the best players I can. I'll do this off and on when I'm bored and eventually make them the best team in England because I got $20 million for a crappy player. Hooray for summer boredom.

Just started a new game unemployed and got picked up by Irish First Division team Athlone Town, promoted in the first season second in the third and losing in both Cup Finals, my attendance was one of the lowest in the Premier and First, and getting bored with a team going nowhere IMO, I got offered the job of Fulham in January who were languishing in 16th, with most of there best players gone I brought in a few older reliable players in the mould of Jose Karl Pierre Fanfan for 10k, Duncan Ferguson 22K, Trevor Sinclair 45K, Emile Heskey 475K and Nicky Butt for 190K with the strengthened team I hope to at least make the playoff's.

Some of them made an effort. But that's SOME out of HUNDREDS. I once went through them and deleted ones that would never be beleivable.

But that was before my PC died, and I reinstalled it all. SI better have requirements for the next game's pictures, such as the picture being taken OUTSIDE for a start. Or at least in a locker room. And to be, y'know, wearing a sports top (like a blank one).