lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Zeokage

Not the famous ones, just select the ones that look like footballers and rename the files so it works for FM.

Oh, and a quick question about squad status. What players would you give certain squad status to? I've been thinking this...

Key Player - Players you wouldn't look to replace in the starting lineup in 1000 years.

First Team - Currently your first choice player in their position.

Rotation - Substitutes and those where the first choice in a position isn't decided.

Backup - Exactly what it says on the tin, those you only bring into the starting 11 or subs when others aren't available. Reserves...

I try and get everyone to be a rotation player, so no one really gets pissy. Also, I can't account for them going shit and being replaced.

Started a game with Villareal, the only key players are Riquelme (duh) and Forlan. After 13 La Liga games I'm top, Riquelme has twelve goals and I've drawn with both Barca and Madrid away.

Got promoted as Reading, finished second with about six games to spare. Couldn't catch Aston Villa though, they pretty much had their Premiership squad.

Poor start in the friendlies, drew with Millwall and lost to Tranmere and Bury - despite having something silly like 10 or 11 shots on target in each game.

Started to pick up a bit though and we've just hammered a pretty much full strength Deportivo side who finished fifth in La Liga last season 3-0. Trying out a new formation with 2 defensive midfielders protecting the playmaker (Pedro Mendes) and it worked a charm, all three players got 10 ratings and Mendes set up all three.

Good strikeforce as well with Lita, Kitson and Fowler all competing for one spot (although I'm retraining Lita for AM as well) along with Billy Mehmet and Kyle Wilson looking promising for the future.

Uncovered a decen 'keeper as well, Daniele Capriotti. 19 years old and his only real weak spot is handling, but I reckon after a season of development he should be my first choice (when Hahnemann retires).

Got Newcastle away on the first day, going to stick with my 4-2-1-2-1 formation.

Guest muddatrucker

Starting as Portsmouth I had to pretty much sign everyone as key players, I haven't had anyone get uppity to be honest, its not something I really look at other than what it comes up as when I offer their contract.

EDIT: Bwahahah at the link.

Edited by muddatrucker

Guest Zeokage

Not the famous ones, just select the ones that look like footballers and rename the files so it works for FM.

Oh, and a quick question about squad status. What players would you give certain squad status to? I've been thinking this...

Key Player - Players you wouldn't look to replace in the starting lineup in 1000 years.

First Team - Currently your first choice player in their position.

Rotation - Substitutes and those where the first choice in a position isn't decided.

Backup - Exactly what it says on the tin, those you only bring into the starting 11 or subs when others aren't available. Reserves...

Okay, I had to wipe my computer, and a failed attempt at back-up has resulted in me losing all my save games. I need a good game to get me back into FM.

Putting Rangers and Celtic in the English Premiership sounds interesting, but are there any other ideas?