Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

I only even buy free contract staff. I need any money we have for tranfers. Besides, as long as you have staff with some 20s for the important things, you get at least 3 stars for your training schedules.

Rosario Di Vincenzo is ALWAYS availiable at the start of the game, he's a great assistant, but retires after 1 or 2 seasons. I sometimes think SI included him as a sort of helper, to get you started.

Oh yeah, I haven't been posting my progress.

I left Leixoes after establishing them as Superliga mainstays (they still sit mid-table, months after I've left). I also took Hugo Carolo from the Liga De Honra nobody status, and now he's playing internationally for Portugal, and he scored on his Portugal debut. He also has me as a favourite person, and Leixoes as favourite club. (H)

I moved to Leeds United, who were sitting low table in the Championship, with an APPAULING squad. I was in shock, their only good players were Eirik Bakke and Danny Pugh. I just let the assistant (Sam Ellis) pick the team for weeks until I could get some decent players in (it was that bad), but now we have a super team, with tons of youngsters from Italy (who all had expiring contracts, and the 'considerable talent for age' descriptions, who now make up a section of my youth team. I got so many good players, I sold off Bakke for £2.1 to some Turkish team (he's also 30+ and was never going to get a game, but he's a club favourite, and no one objected surprisingly!) and sold off a bunch of the useless players to lower leagues, and my kitty sits at about £2million for summer buying.

We're sitting mid-table now, but we're about 5 points behind a playoff place, and it's only February. Also progressing well in the FA Cup, but I had to replay two games against Preston and QPR, both teams who ironically have Scots in the team, who play for the Scotland team which I manage. Kind of annoying when they score against me.

So yeah, I'm taking Leeds back to the Premiership, this season or next.

Edited by The Kraig

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After 30 matches in 2005/2006 with Tottenham (and my first actual season in FM, before I just played as Australia once or twice), I'm sitting nicely in 4th on 54 points. Chelsea, Man Utd and Newcastle are ahead of me, Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool behind respectively.

Defoe has a muscular 29 goals from 33 appearances, with 20 from 28 in the League, as Bigal well knows >_>

After 30 matches in 2005/2006 with Tottenham (and my first actual season in FM, before I just played as Australia once or twice), I'm sitting nicely in 4th on 54 points. Chelsea, Man Utd and Newcastle are ahead of me, Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool behind respectively.

Defoe has a muscular 29 goals from 33 appearances, with 20 from 28 in the League, as Bigal well knows >_>

Now to wait for Chelsea to roll in with a 30m bid.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Chelsea have gone bakrupt and have gone into receivership so many times they are now in the Coca Cola League 1.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

EDIT: How do Norwich go from Premierhsip title contendors(sp?) one season to relegated idiots the next season?

Edited by kulex

Guest Zeokage

How quickly do you all get through one year? Moreso, how many weeks/months do you play in one session? I worry so much about things that I take a long time before pressing the Continue button once, let alone just rush through to play a match.

Personally I always have FM running in the background so when I have nothing to do I flick back to it and have a go. I generally play my game at a very quick rate except for during the transfer windows where I take time to assess the team and look for people to fill in where I need filling. During a session I might go through several months and during some sessions I may barely get through to a game let alone a week.

It's early August and the new season is about to kick off in my 'Dynasty' game. After lingering around 3rd-5th place in the Championship after the January transfer window closed. As the season went on I managed to slowly ease my way upwards before being stuck in the 2nd place slot below Wigan for several weeks. I then managed to snatch the top spot in the last couple run of games thanks to my Wolves team having a good run of form, Wigan having a poor run of form and a win over Wigan which actually put me ahead of them on goal difference.

I also miraculously won the FA cup. My Wolves team did have an easy path to the final though, we played mostly fellow Championship teams, a League 2 team and a relegation bound Norwich (which is weird since they keep finishing somewhere in the top 4 of the Prem during the past 3 seasons or so). The final saw me pitted against my old club Arsenal. This was definitely a big game for myself and the team.

When they scored in the first ten minutes I thought, "Bollocks, it's all over." They made it even worse by scoring a second later on in the first half. Then came the second half... and what a second half. A small change of tactics gave my team enough of an edge to slot in two goals five minutes from each other. The score was 2-2 coming into the last ten minutes and I thought it would run into extra time. Then they scored in the 84th minute and my FA cup dreams were over.

No, no it wasn't.

Two minutes later, Mark Howell, the team's 2nd highest goal scorer; goes and scores from about 20 yards out and brings the game level at 3-3. Extra time seemed to be inevitable. That was until Howell nodded in a fourth goal, then Arsenal made things worse for themselves by getting a player sent off and giving me a penalty. My left back knocks the ball into the back of the net against Igor Akinfeev and the ref blows for full time. BOOYAH!

arsewin5aw.th.jpg

So winning the FA cup has earned me a spot in the UEFA Cup and I'm not sure if I have a squad that will satsify the home grown criteria. The FA Cup win also means a Community Shield invitation to play against the Premierhsip champions, Manchester United.

Man Utd: Premiership Champions, Champions League Champions, Wolverhampton Wonderers' Bitches

commwin9eh.th.jpg

Guest Zeokage

A week for a season? That's fast for me... really fast. I'm lucky if I manage a fortnight in a day. Thinking too much I guess. :) I wonder if being in the lower divisions causes that, I'm in the Conference North in my first try with the game and I've got a debt that I need to somehow turnover etc.

Is that the Swoosh skin, kulex?

Bollocks, I have a few too many good (enough for my Wolves team) players and I don't know if I can fit them into my rotation policy. This always happens when I get promoted, I stock up on players in the hopes of having a good enough side to survive in the new division and then I find I do, it's just I have too many damn players. Oh well, I guess I'm spoilt for choice.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Chelsea have gone bakrupt and have gone into receivership so many times they are now in the Coca Cola League 1.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

EDIT: How do Norwich go from Premierhsip title contendors(sp?) one season to relegated idiots the next season?

Almost happened to Blackburn, and Newcastle.