Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

I'd reccomend you look at a guy called Luis Jimenez, he's Chileian and is only around 21 years old depending on what season you're in but has some great stats and is relatively cheap. I picked him up in Season 2 for Middlesborough for only £3.4m and he's only on 10k a week. Solid all year with an average of 7.30 he's extremely flamboyant with bundles of pace along with great passing, dribbiling and crossing skills. Plus he can play all over midfield and up front so he's extremely versatile. The only let down is his mentality, a distinct lack of team work, bravery and determination.

That or you could push Fletcher to the moon.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do I do wrong? My side is one of the best on paper in all of League Two, but we can't even beat Shrewsbury. I'm completely out of ideas with what to do with Mansfield Town. I am clueless as to anything else I can do to make my team play better. Yet you guys seem to manage the same teams I do and get them to the Prem and what not. I don't know what to do...

you can download the Amercian version of the game off the Sports Interactive website for 30 bucks, or u could look on ebay and get the Thai version of it for like 40 or something.

So I finished my 2nd year at Middlesbrough, finished 4th wtih Drogba and Yakubu both getting 25 league goals each. Didn't manage to defend the UEFA Cup, got knocked out in the quarters.

Next season rolls around I get Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea as the first three fixtures. I don't think i've ever had something like that happen to me before. Plus the board only increased the ground by 7000 seats because we need undersoil heating instead, cunts.

Meh, it's been a pretty bad season for my Rangers side. Finished bottom of our Champions League group. We had Juventus, Bayern Munich and Olympiakos (sp?). I sold Prso after he was hampered with injuries, I accepted a £1m bid from Monoco. Brought in Zenden, Danny Murphy and Christian Vieri, all for under £1m. Celtic have beat us twice this season, we're in January, and 4 points from the top.

Guest Koupa Troopa

Anyone running a game with Conf North on want to tell me what team Steve Palmer played for in 05/06/whatever?

Because I can't remember what team I edited to make mine for adding custom kits.

Well I got the game and I have played through one world cup as USA. After a sluggish start in my qualifiers, I came on strong stringing three wins together to qualify with one game remaining and winning the group.

At the world cup I was placed in a group with Italy, Congo, and Georgia. My first game was against Congo and I won 3-1 thanks to a Brilliant hattrick for Landon Donvan. Next I played Italy. I played well, but Italy showed us who was better as we lost 2-1. Also Georgia won against Congo giving them 3 points coming into the match with me. I had the goal diference giving me the option of winning or tieing the game. Georgia played solid, but my player proved to talented having me win 2-1 thanks to a late goal.

My round of 16 game was against Spain. Spain knocked in 2 goals for the first half to lead 2-0 at overtime. I change my 4-3(M)-1(AM)-2 to a 4-1(DM)-2(AM)-3. My team played brilliant the second half controlling the ball and having many chanced on their goal. Luck wasn't on my side as all the shots missed or were blocked by their goalkeeper resulting in me losing 2-0. Spain went on to beat Brazil in the finals to win the world cup.

Now, my problem is I don't know how to gauge talent being that I don't really watch Football and don't know what is more important for what position. And what does Value mean? Is that the value of their current contract or something else?

Also, when starting a new game what does detail mean? What would be the benifits in having it basic or normal and whatnot?

Edited by Hugar

Value is their value in the transfer market. So if one club wanted to buy the player, this is an approximate value of the player to the club that owns him. Normally the final fee will be higher than the player's value. As an international manager this doesn't really affect you, since you don't buy or sell players, you just call them up to the national squad. You can use value to your advantage to judge how good players are, with better players having a higher value - however, value can be GREATLY affected by the club a player plays for, the country he plays in, and the league he plays in.

Y'know what's annoying?

When a player *coughTevezcough* is rated at £6m and they still won't sell him for £24mill.

Real annoying. That and Baptista not signing a £160,000 a week contract, and staying on his current £30,000ish a week one at Real.

Cunts.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Okay, just came into possession of the game and have a few newbish questions relating to setup...

Regarding active nations and leagues, I assume that anything active will be *potentially* controllable by me, where anything inactive will only run in the background? How do these settings effect loading times? (And in general, how are loading times?)

Can you run a nation and a club?

Do new leagues form over time in places like Canada?

If running a nation, can you select the players for every national team? And on that note, are there U-18, U-17 etc. competitions and teams? Will some players refuse to play for their nation?

The more leagues active, the slower the game runs.

Yes, you can run a nation and club simultaneously.

Not that I'm aware of.

Yes, as far as I know. And some players won't if you leave them out of your squad selection at some point, in which case you can demand a public apology or beg them to come back.