Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just turned down the Colombian National job to concentrate on guiding Swansea into our first season in the Premiership. It's the start of the 07/08 season now, and I added the following players to the squad this summer.....

Riccardo Scimeca - West Brom - Free

Trevor Sinclair - Man City - Free

Christian Vieiri - AC Milan - Free

Joey Barton - Man City - Free

Henrik Pedersen - Bolton - Free

Alessandro Pistone - Everton - Free

Edgar Davids - Spurs - Free

Bradley Wright-Phillips - Man City - Free

Vito Mannone - Arsenal - 500k

Damien Johnson - Birmingham - Free

Floribert N'Galula - Man Utd - Free

Robert Pires - Arsenal - Free

Craig Gordon - Liverpool - 2.8million

Johannes Djourou - Arsenal - Free

I've been given odds of 300/1 to win the Premiership....and started off my season against favourites Man Utd in the Community Shield. After being 1-0 and 2-1 up, I ended up drawing 2-2 and winning 5-3 on penalties. And of course Kevin Phillips scored in normal time to keep that run going. My reputation has risen to Continental for the first time.

Edited by TheArsenal

Stayed up on the last day of the season with a 4-1 win over Halifax :D

For most of the season it had been us, Hyde and Dagenham all going in and out of the drop zone, but then D&R went on a good run and began to pull away. I thought we'd go down especially since we were playing Halifax, who'd mullered us earlier in the season.

At least now I now 60% or so of my squad aren't good enough for this league, so hopefully I can get around 7 or 8 new players in (my scouts have recommended quite a few) and go for mid-table at least.

Can anyone post their config file for the Premiership kits or just the Arsenal home kit line? The Arsenal home kit is not showing up and I've tried numerous combinations to get it to work but it just won't show up. Every other kit in the game is fine, it's just the Arsenal one that won't show up.

Midway through the 2010/11 season with Spurs, having finished in the top three for all but one season, and actually wining the Prem once as well.

My best players are Tevez, Messi and Pedretti. Pedretti was free, but Tevez has cost me about £40M as I had to re-buy him after he skipped off on a free at the end of the thrid season, the sod.

I can still field a full team from my starting squad - but players like Jermaine Jenas, Andy Reid and Stephen Kelly are pretty much backups.

I've trying to sign Shevchenko for £2M plus ridiculous performance incentives. The fee would end up around £8M if he scored all the goals/made all the appearances - but he won't. He's 34 now - anyone know if he's still worth it?

I'm also looking at Ronaldinho, who's gone off the boil at Barca. He's 30 and available for about £9M - any thoughts?

My team:

GK: P. Robinson/K. Schmeichel

DL: Jay McEveley

DC: J.Woodgate/M. Dawson

DC: L. King

DR: A. van den Borre/S. Kelly

ML: R. van der Vaart/A. Reid

MC: B. Pedretti/O. Hargreaves

MC: M. Carrick/J. Jenas

MR: T. Soares/M.Noble

SC: R. Keane/L. Messi

SC: J. Defoe/C. Tevez

Your system doesn't seem to suit Ronaldinho as he's best utilized in an attacking midfield role and you seem to play defensive (by the looks of your line up) across midfield. He'd probably still be decent pick up if you could indeed get him for £9million if you changed the way you played.

Shevchenko would be worth it at 34 as he's got a decent head and doesn't need to move around much, but your forward line looks loaded. He'd probably just get lost in the shuffle and for £2million (unless you've got cash to burn as he'd probably still want a top wage as well) wouldn't be worth it unless he's starting.

My LLaMa game with Lancaster has started quite good, 5 games gone, W2 L3.

Brought in a bunch of Scottish players that my scout found and have unearthed a Wales U19 striker who is scoring for fun for me.

Shame he's about my only semi-decent player :shifty:

Do you ever get games where you hate how well things are going? I'm in my second year at West Brom, first year I got promoted and after 11 games in the Premiership I'm top. I've beaten Chelsea and Liverpool away and have won all but 2, which I drew. I wanted a nice little mid-table/relegation battle, but I'm doing so well and Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal are doing a bit shit. I only just won the Championship, now I'm tearing up the Premiership. My line up currently is:

GK: Ben Foster

DR: Martin Albrechsen

DL: Paul Robinson

DC: Curtis Davies

DC: Carl Fletcher/Neil Clement

DMC: Mathieu Flamini

MC: Nigel Quashie

MC: Junichi Inamoto

AMR: Zoltan Gera

AML: David Vaughan

FC: John Hartson/Nathan Ellington

Guest Koupa Troopa

LLaMa games are both hot AND sexy. So how could you go wrong? Though I burned out of my last LLaMa so I'm currently playing a Hull game until I'm in the mood for LLaMa-ness.

You don't want an LLM team, eh?

I SPIT IN YOUR FACE, INFIDEL.

Edited by Koupa Troopa

Guest Koupa Troopa

Yes, that's what I was referring too. >_>

And since I feel like a LLM game now, I'm now manager of the Oxford United Stars of the Northern Ireland Second Division. Hawt.

Edited by Koupa Troopa

My LLaMa game with Lancaster has started quite good, 5 games gone, W2 L3.

Brought in a bunch of Scottish players that my scout found and have unearthed a Wales U19 striker who is scoring for fun for me.

Shame he's about my only semi-decent player :shifty: