Football Manager 2006

lazy_arse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just started a new game with Leicester using the Weegie update, started off getting beat 1-0 by Ipswich and should have have been about a 5-0 defeat if not for Rab Douglas, made a few signings to round out the team in Duncan Ferguson, Paul Merson, Marcus Berg, Cameron Belford and Nicholas Baker.

Two keepers since I realised when my backup got injured that I only had 2 keepers in total, 11 games in and 8th with 20 points including a 6-1 mauling of Leeds and a 4-1 win over Notts Forest in the cup. Started a raid on the Sweden Under 21 team with a total of 6 players coming in mostly to provide backup but should develop in to good players.

So any tips on a few cheap youngsters to sign?

Just started a new game with Leicester using the Weegie update, started off getting beat 1-0 by Ipswich and should have have been about a 5-0 defeat if not for Rab Douglas, made a few signings to round out the team in Duncan Ferguson, Paul Merson, Marcus Berg, Cameron Belford and Nicholas Baker.

Two keepers since I realised when my backup got injured that I only had 2 keepers in total, 11 games in and 8th with 20 points including a 6-1 mauling of Leeds and a 4-1 win over Notts Forest in the cup. Started a raid on the Sweden Under 21 team with a total of 6 players coming in mostly to provide backup but should develop in to good players.

So any tips on a few cheap youngsters to sign?

Funny, it's normally a 5-0 defeat because of Rab Douglas <_<

Beaten to it :wub:

Yeah I think that may have been one of Rab's only decent games all season, the swedish guys I bought have done awesome with Rawez Lawan doing best, got promoted through the playoffs and now in the premier league. Used pretty much all the transfer money to bring in a total of 9 players permanently and 2 loans so a very different team for the premiership.

Got Andreas Shicker on a free he's a decent Austrian left back mostly for cover but still young too, bought the infamous Freddy Guarin for 1.5M and although he was shite on the right side he's done amazing in the centre with my other signing Nicky Butt. Butt was more to have someone over 25 on the pitch and has pretty much been my best player up till October. I was able to sign Craig Gordon and Zander Diamond from Hearts for 2.5m and Gordon is awesome sometimes but he can be terrible in some games. Signed Sebastion Larsson from Arsenal and on the wings got James McFadden and Shaun Maloney, I've got Lee Martin and Alexandre Song for cover on loan and have Kerlon signing in January.

October now and I'm 11th some good draws against Man Utd. but I got beat 5-1 off Birmingham and squandered a 3-0 lead against West Ham to lose 4-3 to a Tevez hat trick. But in the carling cup I hammered Liverpool at home 5-0 never had a more gratifying win with Leicester than that.

Edited by ku3002ynnoJ

Indeed I do sir.

So started a new game as Wigan and after a while I saw the Saudi Arabia job open since I did okay with them in a previous game I went for it, qualification was harder than I expected and I had to win the play-off against El Salvador to advance and I beat them 4-0 on aggregate things didn't go as I planned though we got through Trinidad and Tobago and Ukraine in the group stages but lost 1-0 to Nigeria the second round we were drawn against Croatia and Prso scored twice to send us crashing out.

Guest Koupa Troopa

Something odd going on in my game. I've been offered the manager jobs at both the Republic of Ireland and the Republic of Congo. Yet every I get the message that they have approached me I haven't gotten the choice to accept or reject the offer and I want the Ireland job :(

Any ideas?

Something odd going on in my game. I've been offered the manager jobs at both the Republic of Ireland and the Republic of Congo. Yet every I get the message that they have approached me I haven't gotten the choice to accept or reject the offer and I want the Ireland job :(

Any ideas?

had this happened before normally if i change the skin back to a default one it should have the buttons there sometimes the game doesn't show the buttons for different skins

So after loading the updated transfer pack I thought I'd give it a spin with West Ham to see how good Tevez and Mascherano were on the game. Straight away I get bombarded with offers for Mark Noble, rated at £3 million from pretty much every Premiership side. Arsenal and Liverpool persistantly make offers but I batted them all away as he has good stats and reckon I can get him to about 10 million by end of season at least. Plus he's on loan until November so he's going to be constantly playing. All I managed to sign were Diego Tristan (Free) and Calum Davenport (1M), and sold someone from the under 18s for 880K.

Through the season we had a mixed bag, being largely inconsistent throughout and in March we currently sit in 9th place with 3 games in hand (thanks to the UEFA Cup, more on that in a bit). In January I sold Ashton to Blackburn for 4.5M as he never impressed me and I replaced him with Dave Nugent for 6.25M. Lately our form in the league has slipped, with defeats to Newcastle (6-4), Villa (3-0) and a 1-1 draw with Arsenal as well as a goalless one to Wigan. With our games in hand though we can quite easily get a top 6 finish.

Our best fortunes have come in cup competitions though. The FA Cup saw us reach the Quarter Finals where we were knocked out to Fulham, thanks to a Franck Quedrue 120th minute free kick after I was 2-0 up at half time. Earlier in the FA Cup I beat Halifax 6-1 in the replay (after being held 1-1 at the Shaw), and beat Colchester and Stoke both 2-0.

The League Cup saw us reach the Semi Finals and were beaten 6-4 on aggergate to Middlesborough. Our run in the League Cup was a tricky one, as we needed penalties to beat Liverpool, but followed that up with a 3-1 win over Villa and a 2-0 victory against Blackburn. Boro beat us 4-2 at the Riverside, and managed to hold us to a 2 all draw at Upton Park to advance to the final (where they lost 2-1 to Arsenal)

The best run for us however has been in the UEFA Cup. Our group included the holders Sevilla, Dinamo, Steaua Bucharest and Dinamo Kiev. After a famous 3-1 win away to Sevilla, with 2 goals in the last ten minutes from Reo-Coker and Harewood, we went on to beat Dinemo Kiev 3-0 and Dinamo 1-0 meaning we had qualified with 1 game left allowing me to play a team including a lot of fringe players. 2 goals from Carlton Cole and 1 from Konchesky gave us a 3 nil lead but Steaua bounced back and had equalised in the 50th minute. However Carlton Cole completed his hat trick with 5 minutes left to see us top the group.

The next stage drew us against Club Brugge. Tristan scored once for us away but we lost the first leg 2-1, but in the second leg Tevez scored a hat trick and Tristan got another as we won on aggregate 5-2. In the last 16 we came up against Galatasary. We went 1 up at home but they scored twice more and looked like taking an away win, but 2 goals from Mark Noble and one from Harewood in the last 10 minutes give us a 4-2 lead, and we won 3-0 at there place. Now in the QTRs I am drew against AZ of Holland, with the winners advancing to play PSG or Dortmund.

In the summer I'm hoping for a big transfer budget as I aim to sign a couple of players. The main target is James Morrison as I need a good right winger, although I am also interested in Fabragas, Warnock and Hargreaves.

Me squad is (1st choice on left):

GK: Green/Carroll

DR: Mears/Pantsil

DL: McCartney/Spector

DC: Ferdinand/Davenport

DC: Collins/Gabbidon (will be Kilgallon in July)

MR: Benayoun/Bowyer

ML: Etherington/Konchesky

MC: Reo-Coker

MC: Noble/Mascherano

FC: Tristan/Harewood

FC: Tevez/Nugent

I'm doing the same as you mate, as a Hammers fan it's a joy :D

Done a reasonable bit of transfer business but I still want to re-inforce my first eleven. I also bought Davenport for 1M, as well as Jimenez - a snip at 2.5M, Kisliy and V. Hleb for 250K and 400K respectively, Paul Anderson from Liverpool for 400K and a couple of youngsters - Digard and Buonanotte for a total of 250K.

Excess of so-so strikers caused me to sell Zamora for 4.5M + about 1.5M future fees to Hearts, and I'm looking to dump Bowyer for his 4M release and Benayoun for 5M if possible. Mullins won't sign a new contract so he'll probably be heading out the door on a free, along with Dailly and Sheringham (:()

Playing with a midfield diamond's forced me to retrain Reo-Coker as an AMC and it's working pretty well, even if he hasn't scored as many as I liked. That's more than made up for by the fact that Tevez has scored 35 goals before the new year, including 6 at home to Arsenal!

In January now and I'm looking to re-inforce the defense, particularly at RB, and get some free transfers in for the summer. With Bowyer and Benayoun probably on the out I need some quality in midfield and Gasbarroni has agreed a free transfer deal at reasonable wages. I'm awaiting a work permit for Sergio Aguero which is bound to be approved ... Tevez and Aguero up fron next season? Only if I don't get a £65M+ bid for Tevez from Chelsea. I'm eyeing up Fred as a likely replacement if that happens. Have another yound Argentinian coming in on a free transfer, Depetris - who's been good for me in a previous game, I'm hoping Weegie didn't nix him...

I'm sitting third in the league after 20 games, behind Chelsea in first (only conceded 8 goals, 3 of them at Upton Park) and Man U. I've scored 15 goals more than any other team, but conceded more than any in the top 6.

I am loving this update, so awesome :)

post-6-1157724716_thumb.jpg

post-6-1157724735_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't say they had bad luck but...erm...I don't know how to finish that sentence.

After the game there was a news item saying "Bruce means goals" highlighting how after Steve Bruce's appointment as Man U boss the Old Trafford faithul got to see plenty of goals.

post-6-1157724716_thumb.jpg

post-6-1157724735_thumb.jpg