The Movies

Sir Alan LCSugar

Don't expect a fantastic movie maker if that's what you want it for. The movie maker is very good IMHO but it does have a lot of limitations. Check out the official website to see some movies that have been made and the scope. There are a lot of niggles with the tycoon game, an inability to lose money does make it a bit irritatingly easy at times. It's a nice balance between the two though I'd give it 4* out of 5 due to the fact it does have limits and the tycoon thing is a bit too easy (with relation to money). A good game but read up on it first to avoid thinking you're getting something more then the game actually is.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I finally played the game last night. Just entered into the 30's and the most successful movie I've made has been a star and a quarter. Not too bad considering I have 3 directors and 2 actors on the set that aren't very talented.

Edit: Oh, and the third director is actually a guy that applied for the crew position.

Edited by Paddy O Irish McIrish

I'm in the mid-60s now and all my top stars are on the verge of retirement, and i'm a bit worried for the period of time where I will have to build up a few of my younger stars. My movies constantly rise to the top now, but I think that will stop soon.

The Advanced Movie Maker gave me problems to begin with, where one scene I had a an actor with a full head of hair, the next scene he was bald. But I fixed that quickly, figuring it out.

I'm enjoying it.

The AMM is surprisingly simple once you've got to grips with it. I've only released the one movie to TMO but I've been happy with it as it was little more then a tinker with the AMM, a couple of inconsistencies with costumes but partly because I only had 3 male extras and a female (who makes a cameo as a blooper) so those 3 rotyated every other role in the movie! That said after a movie or two you tend to be away quite happily, especialluy once you read the tutorials :shifty:

Holy crap where was this when I still had a decent amount of money and was losing it all? I could've sold off my expensive actors and started fresh.

Now, I'm stuck in a hole in the 70's with my best actors/directors retired and having to sell scripts just so I won't fall in debt. It's a tough life.

i've borrowed the game off a mate and i've installed it and got it opening the main menu and stuff...but everytime i go into a game it loads the 'game world' then closes abruptly and goes back to the desktop...any ideas on what's happening and what i need to fix to get this working?

That would pretty much happen to me. Chances are you have an outdated Graphics card or another system requirement is not meant.

Also, I'm in the mid-80's in my game now and have over 1 million dollars again. Now that I got rid of some of the expensive actors and the other ones retired I have pretty much a new crop of talent to work with (cheaper) and continue to have my script writers work as slaves to shell out scripts that I can sell. Good times.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the game for my birthday, but it won't run well at all.

I assume I need a 3D Accelerator card...

Can anyone recommend one for me? I know jack shit about these things, and I just want something not too pricey that's gonna allow me to play the game and enjoy it at the level it's meant to be enjoyed at.

Thanks in advanced.

Looking at the supported chips a Radeon 7000 seems to be the cheapest. If you want quality you're going to have to be willing to spring for more than 100 though.

What would be the difference in quality if I went with the Radeon 7000 as opposed to a higher quality chip?

With each upgrade you get a more crisp and cleaner looking player model and environment.

I just got the game today, and and still haven't been able to play it. Can someone tell me why? I've installed it, then i click on it to play, and it just returns to windows. Then when I click on it again it says: "The last time you played the game, you didn't close down properly. To view the readme file click yes. If you click cancel the game will continue with the lowest graphics" or something like that. I clicked cancel and it went black and returned to windows again. Whats the problem?