The Movies

Sir Alan LCSugar

http://movies.lionhead.com/

my god everyone should watch Ponny Express, it´s brilliant !

Jamie Durrant - [5 stars] [5 stars] [5 stars] [5 stars] [5 stars] - The special effects in this ground breaking movie are second to none. An interesting social commentary I think we can all learn from. The animatronic horse were particularly lifelike and held up to close scrutiny. Apparently, the DVD version will have an extra 17 hours of deleted scenes.

Edited by Michael Matzat

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://movies.lionhead.com/

my god everyone should watch Ponny Express, it´s brilliant !

Jamie Durrant - [5 stars] [5 stars] [5 stars] [5 stars] [5 stars] - The special effects in this ground breaking movie are second to none. An interesting social commentary I think we can all learn from. The animatronic horse were particularly lifelike and held up to close scrutiny. Apparently, the DVD version will have an extra 17 hours of deleted scenes.

http://movies.lionhead.com/movie/597

Good God! What a high-impact thrillride! Oscar nominations ahead.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-movies/665203p1.html

3 1/2 stars, i am very very negative on the babysitting the actors part, i always feard it might become to much like the sims (remember, the ideot game were MEGA UBER AI people werrent able to get to the toilet in time), and i also don´t like that it seems to be a lot based around comedy, i´ll still get it sinc i waited for it so long but this info combined with the usual hype bummer that comes with the releas of a LH game dos not make this look good.

luckily they anounced Hollywood Pictures 2 to be released very soon, Hollywood Pictures was a German (only i think) game that still is on the thron on Movie Mogul Sims up untill today, so i am hyped for that (it was waaay more serius build around the bussines, movies actualy got ratings, so to much horror or to much erotic will coast you viewers ect.)

i´m sad, but let´s see how i feel wen my copy arives next week.

and one more

http://pc.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=9751

Edited by Michael Matzat

The theory is as far as the actual movies go you can make anything and alhuogh people haven't bothered during the actual game yet I've heard that things like too much violence will affect the rating the game gives.

The tycoon side isn't the biggest pull to this game for me so I hope that what we've been told about the movie making process is true and we can do decent drama as well as more comedic movies...

Does anyone know the PC requirements yet?

It's gonna be a close thing as to whether this'll run on mine or not...

Ahem:

Microsoft Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP

Pentium III 800 MHz or Athlon 800MHz processor or higher

256MB RAM

8x Speed CD-ROM drive and latest drivers

2.4 GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 500MB for Windows swap file)

100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers

100% Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers

DirectX 9.0c (included)

Updated Windows Media Player 9 Codecs (included)

800 x 600 Monitor Resolution

3D Hardware Accelerator Card required - 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 32MB Hardware T&L-capable video card and latest drivers

Supported Graphics Cards:

ATITM Radeon series (7000 or better).

7000, 7200, 7500

9000, 9200, 9250, 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800

x300, x600, x700, x800, x850

NVIDIA GeForce series (GeForce 3 or better).

GeForce 3, 3 Ti

GeForce 4, MX, Ti

GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, PCX 5300, 5750, 5950

GeForce 6200, 6600, 6800

Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipsets listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by The Movies. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0c compatibility.

Online Requirements: Internet (TCP/IP) supported Online content requires broadband connection and the latest drivers.

This information is based on specifications supplied by manufacturers and should be used for guidance only.

Well, as per usual, the game was delayed by a day in my regular shopping areas. Thus, tomorrow I shall go pick up The Movies over at my local Gamestop as the manager said he is 99% sure the game will have arrived by then.

i ordert the game at CDwow becaus it is at least 10 euro cheaper than everywere elth, they don´t ship before the releas day so i won´t have it before wensday next week (and that would be early, but monney is monney :-p) - and now with all the reviews looking to confirm my greatest fear (the sims stupidety > tycoon aspects) i am able to wait.