Jason Newsted and Metallica

Fieldy

And part of it probaby stemmed from how much shit the rest of the band gave him since he was the one that was part of the band for the smallest amount of time.

And the side project (I think) was Suicidal Tendencies.

ST was a brief liason for Newsted, his main focus was with Echobrain at the time.

And yes, they gave him much hell for being the practical 'new guy', even after all those years of being in the group.

And part of it probaby stemmed from how much shit the rest of the band gave him since he was the one that was part of the band for the smallest amount of time.

And the side project (I think) was Suicidal Tendencies.

Don't worry, Midget beat me to it.

Edited by BleedMe

I think it may have been Echobrain actually, ST was the band the new bassist came from IIRC.

Robert Trujillo was actually the bassist for Ozzy Osbourne at the time, but if I recall correctly, he had jammed with ST before.

The press made a big hoopla because Ozzy & Metallica briefly switched bassists. Nobody bothered to mention that Newsted & ST briefly got together.

Robert Trujillo was actually the bassist for Ozzy Osbourne at the time, but if I recall correctly, he had jammed with ST before.

The press made a big hoopla because Ozzy & Metallica briefly switched bassists.  Nobody bothered to mention that Newsted & ST briefly got together.

Yeh, i remember someone saying Newstead had joined Ozzy for a bit. Isn't there also another band he's recently worked with? can't remember the name though.

Newsted's been in Flotsam & Jetsam as well, that was shortly after leaving Metallica. IIRC, he had his hands in a lot of the figurative pie.

Theres something about Trujillo that just makes Newsted look like God. No one cheers for Rob at the gigs when James introduces him. Anyways, why did Rob leave ST??

When they were here in Cincy, it was Rob's one year mark with the band and the crowd went absolutely fucking nuts for him.

Newsted's been in Flotsam & Jetsam as well, that was shortly after leaving Metallica. IIRC, he had his hands in a lot of the figurative pie.

Newsted was in F&J *BEFORE* Metallica.

Newstead > *.

Guy seemed to fit right in for me. The other guy is a fucking showboat on stage.

Trujillo OWNZ Newstead talent wise. As a bass player I have more respect for a guy who uses his fingers as opposed to a pick. More natural, groovy, smoother sounding.

Guest bruins72

Newsted was in F&J *BEFORE* Metallica.

Wasn't No Place For Disgrace the last album he did with them? Or was that the first one they did after he left? I can't remember. I loved that album though. They do a killer cover of "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting".

Wasn't No Place For Disgrace the last album he did with them? Or was that the first one they did after he left? I can't remember. I loved that album though. They do a killer cover of "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting".

"No Place..." was relelased in '88, Newsted joined in '86/'87. Although I'm not certain on the matter, it's possible Newsted could've recorded a bit of the album with F&J.

And the debate of who is better between Trujillo & Newsted is really kinda moot, because both are amazing performers and musicians.

Newsted briefly rejoined F&J after leaving Metallica though, I remember reading about it somewhere. It was a really short ordeal.

And Trujillo is a good performer, but he looks like a gorilla onstage.

Trujillo > Newsted and also, by a fraction, moderately better than Cliff Burton, in my opinion, but he's held back by crappy material. And he's not a gorilla! He's....THE TARANTULA~!