Avenue Of Stars

Skummy

I thought it was great. I love those sort of shows, no matter how silly they may be. And yeah, I laughed at the comparison between Alfred Hitchcock and Ant & Dec as well, but dammit, Ant & Dec are great!

I thought it was great. I love those sort of shows, no matter how silly they may be. And yeah, I laughed at the comparison between Alfred Hitchcock and Ant & Dec as well, but dammit, Ant & Dec are great!

What was this Ant & Dec/Hitchcock comparison? I must have missed it, but I see no possible way to draw comparison between them :huh:

What was this Ant & Dec/Hitchcock comparison? I must have missed it, but I see no possible way to draw comparison between them :huh:

Well, there wasn't exactly a comparison, it's more to do with the fact that they're both on it, which is funny in it's self. Nobody made any comparison, it's just funny that you have a legend like Hitchcock, and then you have Ant & Dec as well.

Well, there wasn't exactly a comparison, it's more to do with the fact that they're both on it, which is funny in it's self. Nobody made any comparison, it's just funny that you have a legend like Hitchcock, and then you have Ant & Dec as well.

Ah, fair enough. I misinterpreted what people were saying and thought that they had somehow made some tedious link to compare the two to try and justify Ant & Dec being on there.

Ah, fair enough. I misinterpreted what people were saying and thought that they had somehow made some tedious link to compare the two to try and justify Ant & Dec being on there.

But...but...Ant & Dec > *

Nah there's something about those guys which I like, I find them funny personally. The whole Avenue of Stars thing is weird, in that it does, as we've said, have great guys like Alfred Hitchcock, Michael Caine, Billy Connolly, and then has Ant & Dec. Wasn't planned overly well I think, but I do like the general idea to be honest.

I still think that, after 50 years, if all ITV could manage was Chris Tarrant, Ken Dodd and Robin Gibb with G4, they don't deserve another 50.

Hmmm, to be honest, I've always liked ITV better than BBC and all the other normal channels, so I might be biased. I have different tastes than some (see: most) people, and I really enjoyed the show and thought they did an excellent job.

Out of curiousity, who would you have liked to be there?

To be honest, I don't know. I've never been an avid ITV watcher, but especially in recent years, it seems to be really naff, and I can't think of anyone who really "embodies" ITV, other than Trevor McDonald, who was there anyway. I guess Tarrant was a logical choice, come to think of it.

To be honest, I don't know. I've never been an avid ITV watcher, but especially in recent years, it seems to be really naff, and I can't think of anyone who really "embodies" ITV, other than Trevor McDonald, who was there anyway. I guess Tarrant was a logical choice, come to think of it.

The only other people I can think of who would or could've been logical choices to host it are:

Trevor McDonald (which would be wrong as it wouldn't work with him as the presenter)

Ant and Dec (they're EVERYWHERE else, so nope)

Cat Deeley (she did the Top 50 ITV Shows the week before)

Bruce Forsyth (I wouldn't have minded this)

Paul O'Grady (he is great, but I can't picture him hosting a show on his own for 3 hours)

Cilla Black (not entertaining enough to do it on her own for 3 hours. Her with O'Grady would've been ok though)

So in the end, Tarrant is the right idea. Would've been nice if they had some other music acts to be honest. Robin Gibb and G4 did sound good together, but I don't care for G4, and Robin Gibb away from the Bee Gees I don't want to see. I love Charlotte Church, but she seemed somewhat out of place. Was it just me or were Status Quo miming? One of my favourite bands, and I honestly couldn't tell.

I dunno...I thought the whole thing should have been a lot classier, and felt a lot more timeless, if you get my drift.

I know what ya mean I guess, but to me it felt right; sorta like a throw back to how ITV was before and whatnot, oh well.