Final Fantasy thread

Visionary

Guest clintcasey

So in other words the battle system is exaclty like the Chrono Trigger battle system only 3D and without the victory posses, because the Chrono Trigger system worked almost exactly the same way. The only big difference is you don't have to wait till the end of the battle to gain experience like in X-2. I think the only reason they didn't refrence Chrono Trigger in that article is because it came out more than 10 years ago and they wanted to reference something recent.

CT is also a Square game.

Edited by clintcasey

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 February 2006

Is the date on Gameplay, shame as that's probably wrong i guess. In interest what's Xenosaga since i've never heard of it?

Glorious RPG for the PS2 that is confirmed never to be released over here in Europe because Namco can't be bothered with the trouble of converting it all.

Yah, the bitches.

Is Xenosaga any comparison to the like of FFVII? If so, I'll be on the prowl for it.

It's leagues better. People always complain about the long FMVs (There's hour plus FMVs) but they're beautiful, they help tell the story, and you can easily skip them by hitting X if you want (although you'll miss a LOT of the plot).

Hour-Long FMVs?

That's just crazy. And I thought Metal Gear's were long. But are these actually interesting rather than MGS' "After the Cold War, The Russians..." FMVs?

They're usually pretty interesting. ;) For example (spoilers for those who haven't played, although you wouldn't really understand..)

When the Woglinde is overrun by the Gnosis and they're evacuating the ship, there's a scene where Virgil (the AGWS Head-Pilot) is trying to force his way into the last remaining escape ship with Shion and company, and KOS-MOS mows him down with her chainguns, stating that "Shion takes priority". So badass