World Wrestling Entertainment: The Revival

IPB Image

WWE Smackdown! Results for June 23rd

Taped from Tucsan, Arizona (7,531 in Attendance)

[A new Smackdown! video opens the show, played to "Bodies" by Drowning Pool. After the new video and music is over, the camera cuts to the arena where the pyros explode and we are welcomed by Tazz and Michael Cole. After they go down the card for tonight, Mick Foley's music hits and the crowd goes crazy as the Smackdown! General Manager makes his way out. He walks down the ramp, slides into the ring and does his 'Bang Bang!' taunt before getting a microphone.]

FOLEY-Tonight is a special night for you fans! Because tonight, you get to witness a number one contenders match for the WWE Championship, a match that could only take place in Tuuuucsan [cheap pop]! That won't be any regular match. Everybody knows the historic elimination fatal four way match from WrestleMania 16 where I faced Triple H, The Big Show, and The Rock! So tonight, you will get to witness a match just like that! The participants of that match are...'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero!...The Big Show!...Rey Mysterio!...and the final entrant...Kane! Now Kane, I know ever since you have been on Smackdown! that it has been tough for you. But tonight is the night where you can prove that there is still some of that anger, hatred, and monster inside of you! Tonight is the night where-

[Foley is cut off as Christian's music plays and both Christian and Carlito Caribbean Cool walk out at the same time, arguing as they walk down the ramp and get into the ring.]

CHRISTIAN-Hey Dude. I think you better recheck that list of yours because I didn't hear my name called!

FOLEY-I checked my list once and I checked my list twice, Christian. I guess this year you were naughty instead of nice!

CHRISTIAN-Shut up! How the hell were you made GM of Smackdown! anyway? Was there a contest to see who looked like the Goodyear blimp the most? Or did people feel bad for you because of your brain damage? Now tell me why Captain Charisma isn't in that match tonight, or you're going to have a lot of his Peep's upset and wanting their money back!

CARLITO-Hey man. If anyone deserves to be in that match...it's me. I am cooler than you...cooler than Latino Heat...and cooler than all two of your peeps. But most of all...I don't insult our General Manager..and that's cool...

CHRISTIAN-You don't insult him, but you try spitting apples in his face! In fact, I think I found the reason you carry the apples around. I have two conclusions. One is you like fruit or you are a fruit. And the other is you are trying to compensate for something-

FOLEY-Do you want to know why you two aren't in that match? I'll tell you why. Last week your stupidity, Carlito, and your cockyness, Christian, gave me an idea. You two want to argue about who is cooler or who is better or who should have their talk show on Smackdown!, then you two will settle it in a match against eachother...at The Great American Bash! But there's more, just so you two have something good to fight over. Whoever wins that match will go on to WWE SummerSlam to face the WWE Champion in a title match!

[The fans cheer as Foley's music hits and the GM exits the ring, leaving Carlito and Christian arguing with eachother.]

COLE-Woah! What a match!

TAZZ-And with the otha' two matches, Cole, the Smackdown! Pay-Per-View is lookin' betta' than RAW's!

COLE-You don't have to tell me twice! Ladies and gentleman, we are switching over to Josh Matthews who is standing by with the WWE Champion, John Cena!

88%

-----

[The camera cuts to the backstage interview area where we see Josh Matthews. The camera zooms out a little, showing John Cena, and the fans erupt.]

MATTHEWS-Thank you Michael...John Cena. After months of hard work and winning the Royal Rumble you became the WWE Champion after defeating JBL at the biggest stage of them all, WrestleMania. And in just a month you already have six wrestlers that want to get to you at once. First of all, what are your thoughts about tonights Fatal Four Way Elimination match?

CENA-Yo. Tonight four men step into that ring. I couldn't care less 'cause it don't mean a thing. Latino Heat ain't got nothing on the thug from the street. He thinks he's badass just cause he can beat on midgets. Check again 'Vato' cause you can't touch this. The Big Show, pfffft. I beat him once, I'll beat him twice. Those 500 pounds just won't suffice. Rey Mysterio ain't nothin' but a Spiderman wannabe. Yo junior, come back when you can reach my knees! Oh and Kane. Damn man you used to dish the pain! Now you're worse than Dawn Marie. But at least when someone nails her she doesn't flee! Whoever wins, their outta luck. It don't matter 'cause I don't give a-

[The fans finish his rap for him as Matthews puts the mic back to his mouth.]

MATTHEWS-Strong words from the champ. John Cena, as we just heard Christian and Carlito Caribbean Cool will be facing eachother at The Great American Bash to face the WWE Champion at SummerSlam. What do you think about that, if you are still the champion?

CENA-If? Son, quit playin'. There are no 'if's' in John Cena's vocabulary. When I retain my belt is when you'll have to worry. Carlito is old news and he was never cool. He just rushed in like a damn fool. The only competition in that match is the man known as Christian, but he will never beat me 'cause he's a has been. He should have stuck with his brother playing musical chairs. He think's he has Peeps but nobody cares. For me it's all work and no play, and you can bet that John Cena is here to stay. The only reason I would leave is 'cause those two make me sick. So in the mean time they can just suck my-

[The fans again finish Cena's rap as he walks away and we go to a commercial break.]

89%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Singles Match

Garrison Cade [vs] Val Venis

[An okay match out of the two. Sad that Venis is sent down to the opening match of the night against Cade, though. Cade did good in the match, but Venis just outdid him at every turn. Venis had Cade down on the mat after a killer back drop so he decided to give the ladies a little dance. As he was doing this, Cade came back to and rolled Venis up and nearly got a 3 count with the tights. Venis quickly recovered and nailed a Bridging Fisherman Suplex on Cade for the win.]

COLE-And Venis wins another match here on Smackdown!

TAZZ-And no sign of Orlando Jordan can hopefully mean that he has forgotten about Venis.

69%

-----

[The camera cuts to the back in a lightly lit room with candles burning. The camera focuses on Kane, who is on both knees with his head bowed down.]

KANE-Everyone thinks that I am some weakened, watered down version of what I used to be. They think I'm not capable of destroying people. They think I'm not capable of showing no mercy. But they're wrong...[lifting his head up]THEY'RE ALL WRONG! They will find out that they should have been nicer to me! They will find out that the fire still burns inside of me and that it just needs fuel to ignite it even larger! JBL will pay for thinking he can make me into something for his own use...John Cena will pay for thinking he can say a woman is stronger than me!...Everybody....will...pay! Starting next week...everybody will pay for everything they have ever done to me..said to me..said about me behind my back..And once I begin my destruction..not even chains can keep me down..The only person I will regret destroying..The only person I will have trouble destroying on my own..is my brother...The Undertaker will pay for all the misery he has put me through! For all the things HE has said about me!..That is why..I need YOUR help...I can't destroy him without you..No..Not yet...First we have to let him wait...We have to go after him when he least suspects it...Until then...We have to ignite the fire in me...And then they will all pay...Ha ha ha! HA ha ha ha ha!

[As Kane continues laughing, the candles go out, leaving the room completely dark as we go to another commercial.]

70%

-----

Normal Tag Match

Hardcore Holly [vs] Rene Dupree

[Even though there was still a little bad blood between the two, it was quite a good and entertaining match. Before the match began Dupree began doing his French Tickler dance, and Holly right away took him down with a clothesline. Holly basically stiffed Dupree the whole match, and even gave Dupree a slight bloody nose. Dupree got his revenge, though, when Holly had him set up for the Alabama Slam and Dupree reversed it and got Holly up into the Dupree Valley Driver position. Holly also countered out and landed on his feet. He went for another clothesline, but Dupree ducked and rolled him up with a school boy while grabbing the tights for the win. Holly must have hit his head on the mat hard because he remained laying down even after Dupree got up. Just to add insult to injury, Dupree took the french flag he had and draped it over Holly's body.[

COLE-Dupree can't just be happy winning a match? He has to put the French flag over Holly too?

TAZZ-Hey Cole, if you're jealous I'm sure Hardcore Holly has some room under that flag.

73%

----------

COMMERCIAL-We are shown clips of the JBL/Simon Dean angle from last week.

----------

[We come back from the commercial break and Simon Dean's music begins to play and the crowd boo's as Simon Dean walks out with his black bag and a black eye to match. He gets into the ring, drops his bag, and grabs a mic.]

DEAN-Now, now, now. I know what you all are thinking. And yes, John Bradshaw Layfield IS a bully. He gave me this black eye after I kindly offered my fitness services to him, which is why I am out here tonight. I noticed that not many people are interested in the Simon System. The only person who was is Maven, but he is over on RAW still. So if you slobs could quit stuffing your mouths with beer and hotdogs and listen to my announcement...Come on. This is just sad. Take a look at what today's youth has come to.

[Dean slides out of the ring and walks over to an overweight kid in the crowd.]

DEAN-Is this what you want to look like? Or worse, YOUR kids? If you just sign up for the Simon System, you too can be in as good shape as me.

[Dean grabs his black bag and pulls a clipboard out of it. He walks to the crowd and hands it to someone in it. After he does he slides back into the ring.]

DEAN-Just sign your name there for a free 30 day trial offer of the Simon System and you can stop looking like most of the wrestlers here on Smackdown!, and look like me!

[-What Does Everybody Want?!?-blares and Al Snow makes his way out. He walks down the ramp to a decent pop and he slides into the ring.]

SNOW-Hey Simon. This isn't RAW. Over here you actually have people who will stand up to you and people who will actually succeed in making you shut up! I am a REAL trainer and I can tell you right now that if someone is comfortable with the way they are, they won't change. Even if an annoying jackass buzzes around them trying to give them protein shakes and bars!

[Simon Dean drops his mic and goes to punch Snow, but Snow blocks him and delivers a punch of his own. Snow begins beating down on Simon with punches and a clothesline. Two men then come running from the back and slide into the ring. They grab Snow from behind and begin pummeling him with punches of their own. Both men grab Snow in an armbar front facelock position. Dean got back to his feet and lifted Snow's legs up so that each leg was on either side of his head and elevated. The two men then delivered a double armbar ddt, and with Dean elevating Snow's legs it became more of an IMPLANT double armbar ddt. All three men left the ring with Snow lying motionless in the middle of it. The camera cut to a video replaying the opening with Foley, Christian and Carlito as we get ready for the next match.]

67%

-----

Normal Singles Match

Tajiri [vs] Spike Dudley

[Another okay match. Probably not a good idea to pair these two against eachother again since Tajiri is a much better cruiserweight. Of course Tajiri schooled Spike, but the littlist Dudley still had Tajiri on the defense at times. Spike tried showing off too much, though, and ended up paying for it. Tajiri went for the Kick Of Death, but Spike barely ducked it. He then kicked Tajiri in the gut and sent him to the corner. He went over and went for the Dudley Dogg, but Tajiri countered that by sending Spike to the mat on his back. Spike started to get back up but finally got nailed with the Kick Of Death and Tajiri got the pinfall after hitting it.]

COLE-That's going to hurt in the morning!

TAZZ-Yeah, and losing won't increase his chances of showing his brothuhs up eitha Cole.

69%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Tag Match

The Dudley Boyz [vs] Matt Morgan & Luther Reigns

[MNM were once again sitting at commentary during the match. Morgan and Reigns did pretty well in their first match teaming together, giving them some practice for their match at The Bash. Of course, the bigger they are the harder they fall, and they fell pretty hard. They plowed through both Dudleyz at the beginning, but that was soon over. Morgan had D-Von up for the M5, but D-Von broke free and landed behind Morgan. Been having a lot of that tonight...Anyways, Bubba got into the ring as D-Von broke free and knocked Reigns off the apron. Morgan turned around and D-Von managed to lift him up and Bubba ran over to deliver/finish the 3D for the win. After the match MNM once again got into the ring and began battling with The Dudleyz, but this time they were on the receiving end of a beating. They knocked Nitro down and continued beating down on Mercury. They then went for a 3D to him, but Melina Perez got into the ring and low blowed Bubba. D-Von had Mercury in the air and Nitro caught Mercury. They then went on to beat down on D-Von.]

COLE-MNM once again get the upper hand on The Dudleyz after attacking them when they are tired from a match!

TAZZ-I know The Dudleyz better than anyone, Cole, and they can take care of themselves.

75%

-----

[The camera cuts to a locker room where JBL, Orlando Jordan, and The Bashams are arguing.]

DOUG-What is wrong with you? Just because we lose one match you are putting our spots in The Cabinet on the line?

JBL-You're damn right! If you two can't take down one person when you have the advantage then you don't even deserve to be associated with me!

DANNY-Well the two you want us to face just lost their match! What about that?

JBL-They lost in their first match teaming together against The Dudleyz! Of course they lost! The difference is you two have been tagging longer and should be able to beat anybody!

JORDAN-Mr. Layfield wasted his time trying to turn you two from nothings into something! So you better show him the respect he deserves because he sure as hell won't get it from these braindead fans!

DOUG-Respect? You mean the respect he showed us when he put us in a match that we never even agreed to? And you shouldn't be talking, Orlando Jordan. You lost to Val Venis...A RAW Reject in JBL's words!

JBL-That may be true, but he had a match that was even. He didn't lose a match with the advantage on HIS side!

DANNY-Okay. We lost that match. We lost ONE match that decided your trust in us. But we are willing to gain your trust back next week. Because we both know what you want, and it's something not even your buddy over here couldn't accomplish last week. Next week me and Doug will go up against Kane in a handicapped match. If we win then you call the match off, and if we lose then you can keep the match on the table.

JBL-....You two...facing Kane? I'm taking a big risk but you got it. You just make sure you beat the hell out of him. But leave some of him left for The Great American Bash for me.

[The Bashams nod, then leave the locker room.]

JBL-Waste of time...Remeber what you have to do Orlando.

JORDAN-I remember Mr. Layfield. Don't worry, you CAN count on me.

78%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Singles Match

The Undertaker [vs] John Bradshaw Layfield

[Another okay match since this was done a few times last year on Pay-Per-View and this match didn't and couldn't top those ones. Taker as usual barely sold anything and Bradshaw hit him with anything he could. Taker went for Old School a little later in the match, but JBL knocked him off the ropes so that Taker straddled it. JBL then ran to the ropes and nailed a Clothesline From Hell to him, sending Taker to the outside. JBL went out there and began kicking into him and such. Even later in the match Taker went to deliver the Chokeslam, but Kane's pyro went off, causing Taker to let go of JBL and look up at the entrance way. No one came out so Taker turned back towards JBL. Out of no where JBL nailed a Clothesline From Hell for the win.]

COLE-Looks like Kane is getting back at his brother, Tazz.

TAZZ-I dunno Cole. It could be what JBL and Orlando Jordan were talkin' about in their locker room.

77%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Fatal Four Way Elimination Match-#1 Contendership for WWE Championship

Kane [vs] Eddie Guerrero [vs] Big Show [vs] Rey Mysterio

[Very good match. Everybody ganged up on Big Show at the beginning of the match, but the tides turned towards Kane after a while and Kane was even the first person to be eliminated after being nailed with a 619, stumbling backwards and getting Chokeslammed, and then getting nailed with a Frog Splash. Big Show took care of Mysterio and Guerrero with ease, but Guerrero went to the second item in his motto and nailed Big Show with a low blow. That wasn't enough, though, because Show quickly got back on the offense. The two were able to get the giant down when he had both grabbed at the throat and they kicked him in the groin. After that Guerrero started going after Mysterio, trying to finally defeat him. Mysterio started to get some moves in and had Eddie set up for the 619, but Eddie moved out of the way and tossed Mysterio out of the ring. Big Show was finally eliminated after Guerrero did his chair number where he laid on the mat with a chair next to him, causing the ref to DQ Show out of the match. Mysterio and Guerrero had a great, fast paced match after they were left alone, but Guerrero finally defeated Rey after nailing a huge sitout powerbomb reversal from a West Coast Pop attempt.]

COLE-Eddie finally defeated Rey Mysterio and he is now the number one contender for John Cena's championship!

TAZZ-No doubt that their match on Pay-Per-View will be historic, Cole.

COLE-Well that's all the time we have for tonight. Make sure to tune into WWE Smackdown! next week and if you want, order WWE RAW's Vengeance this Sunday only on Pay-Per-View!

82%

----------

Quick Results

Val Venis def. Garrison Cade

Rene Dupree def. Hardcore Holly

Tajiri def. Spike Dudley

The Dudley Boyz def. Luther Reigns & Matt Morgan

John Bradshaw Layfield def. The Undertaker

Eddie Guerrero def. Big Show, Rey Mysterio, and Kane

Overall Smackdown! Rating-74%

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velocity Results

June 25th, 2005

MNM def. Shannon Moore & Funaki by pinfall with help from Melina. 68%

-A Smackdown! Rebound video aired showing highlights of the opening moments of Smackdown! where Foley announced Christian vs Carlito Caribbean Cool at The Bash.- 77%

Eugene Dinsmore def. Akio qfter delivering a low blow to him and then nailing a bridging german suplex. Dinsmore grabbed his head during the match and screamed and got that smile afterwards, which is when he nailed the low blow, and after the match he grabbed his head and screamed again, going back to normal. 73%

-Another Smackdown! Rebound video aired showing the angle that happened in the back on Smackdown! involving Kane.- 77%

-A Smackdown! Rebound video aired again, this time showing clips of the Fatal Four Way Elimination match in the Main Event.- 88%

Paul London def. Chavo Guerrero to retain the Cruiserweight title via Pinfall after nailing the London Calling. Very good cruiserweight match from both men. 78%

Overall Rating-71%

---------

Next Show-VENGEANCE

IPB Image

WWE Vengeance Results

[A video package opens up the show. It focuses on the Hell In A Cell match, showing just how brutal the match can be. It ends with the phrase: "Two men, One Title, One Champion." The pyros then go off, as the Las Vegas natives welcome us to Vengeance! The set looks great, it's got a look that definately makes one thing of Vegas.]

JR: "Good evening everybody, and welcome to Vengeance! This is going to be one hell of a night!"

King: "It sure is, JR. It sure is! I mean, just look above us, JR. You can see it hanging overhead, waiting to drop and lock in the warriors."

JR: "That cell is a sadistic structure, King. Dammit, it is. And two men are going to be locked inside."

King: "But that's not all we've got tonight, JR. We've got a ton of other great matches!"

JR: "Of course we do, King. Hell, we're starting things off with a match for the World tag Team Titles!"

-----

World Tag Team Titles:

Justice League© vs Monsters Inc.

The two teams involved in this match started it off fairly well, with Rosey and Gene Snitsky in the ring. A few near-falls near the beginning. They exchanged some right-hands, with neither man having a clear advantage. Snitsky is pretty damn strong, but with Rosey's weight, it was hard for him to push him around like he would a normal superstar. Rosey had a nice spot where he threw Snitsky into the corner, and hit him with a big splash. Snitsky managed to tag in Heidenreich though, who took down Rosey with a bunch of right-hands. A couple minutes later Rosey and Heidenreich were both down, victims of a double-clothesline. Rosey slowly crawled towards his corner, and tagged in Hurricane for the hot-tag. He managed to stop Heidenreich from tagging in Snitsky. He couldn't lift Heidenreich, so he used his speed to his advantage. He flew around Heidenreich, but eventually Heidenreich caught him with a powerslam.

Hurricane went down, writhing in pain, and Heidenreich smiled. He picked up Hurricane high above his head, and tossed him into the sky. Hurricane went down hard. Heidenreich then picked up Hurricane again, and planted him with a Powerbomb! Rosey ran in to break up the pin though, and Heidenreich ran over, tagging in Snitsky. Snitsky immediately went to work on Hurricane, stomping him into the ground. He then picked him up with a Pump-Handle Slam, and sent him to the mat. In a suprise move, he then threw Hurricane into the corner, allowing him to tag in Rosey! Rosey ran in, and Snitsky tagged in Heidenreich. They began brawling with Rosey, double-teaming him. They picked him up with a double-suplex! Rosey was down on the canvas, and the two looked at eachother. Heidenreich smiled, and they picked up Rosey. Putting him inbetween them, the two lifted up the behemoth, and slammed him on the mat with a Powerbomb! Snitsky walked over and held off the weakened Hurricane, as Heidenreich pinned Rosey. He celebrated with Snitsky after the match.

Monsters Inc. def. the Justice League© via pinfall to become the NEW World Tag Team Champions.

Pretty decent match, it was at least a fun brawl. Hurricane and Rosey were mad over with the crowd, and Heidenreich and Snitsky drew some decent heat. Not too long of a match, which was good, as only Hurricane has decent endurance. (74)

-----

King: "We've got new tag team champions JR! They dominated the superheroes!"

JR: "Well...look at 'em King. They're monsters!"

King: "Speaking of monsters JR, I think we're going to see some monster somethings in this next match!"

-----

Singles Match:

Christy Hemme vs Victoria

Victoria is arguably the best women's wrestler in WWE at the moment, and Christy is still learning. This match started out with a typical cat-fight, Christy charging Victoria and pulling her hair and choking her. Victoria and Christy were both exposing those beautiful behinds of theirs, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. The catfight got old after a while, and the referee seperated the two. They then began working a match much more wrestling-like, with Christy having the early advantage. She actually used a few wrestling moves between the the brawling, including a decent-looking suplex. She then threw Victoria into the ropes, and hit a drop-toehold. The catfight started again after that, but the two were again seperated.

Christy threw Victoria in the ropes, and went for a hip-toss, but Victoria blocked it, and spun around, hitting a clothesline. She then picked up Christy, and planted her with a scoop-slam. She was in control of the match, now. Victoria picked Christy up again, and hit a snap-suplex. She then stood up, and started shakin' that bootay. She hit a nice standing moonsault, and covered for two, but Christy JUST managed to kick out. Victoria stood up, and started complaining to the ref. Christy catches her with a roll-up! 1....2....kick-out! Both women slowly rose, and charged at eachother. They locked-up, and rolled around the ring. Victoria eventually got up, and when Christy runs towards her, she kicked her in the abdomen and hit a DDT. She then proceeded to pick up Christy and hit the Widow's Peak. She covered, 1...2...3.

Victoria def. Christy Hemme via pinfall.

Average women's match, it didn't help that a rookie was in there. Christy tried her hardest though, and the match wasn't incredibly long. (58)

-----

Preparations

[Triple H is shown backstage, with Ric Flair. 'Naitch looks almost ready for action, with his signature robe on. He's helping Trips take up his wrists.]

Triple H: "Dammnit Ric....have you ever been in one of these matches? Do you know how dangerous they are?"

Flair: "I've been in plenty of cage matches man, but never a Hell In A Cell. War Games is similar, but not the same. You're in there alone in these matches."

Triple H: "That's what I figured...Damn....what the hell am I doing, Ric? I'm letting myself get...nervous! I'm the Game! I'm an eleven time World Heavyweight Champion! That match helped make me what I am! Nobody has ever pinned me in that cell, Ric. And I'll be damned if it happens tonight!"

[Flair smiles, and nods his head.]

Flair: "It's all in your head, Hunter. I've taught you that. You go out there tonight, and don't let your mind wander, and you'll do fine."

[Flair finishes taping up Hunter's wrist.]

Flair: "I've gotta start gettin' ready myself, my match with that punk is comin' up soon. But don't worry man, Ric Flair is always gonna be here to celebrate a night of victory. I've already got some ladies lined up Trips! WOOO!"

-----

Singles Match:

Rob Conway vs Sylvain Greiner

A video showcasing the history between these two was shown before they started off. The two former tag partners started off slow, going for a test of strength that was won by Conway. He then kicked Grenier in the gut, and hit a stiff snap-suplex. Grenier rose, and smiled, going towards his opponent. They locked up, until Conway took the legs out from Grenier, and began chain-wrestling. Grenier was clearly out of his league, trying his best just to survive. Conway eventually caught Grenier in a single-leg boston crab. Grenier struggled for a bit, but eventually got to the ropes. Conway got up pissed off, and began pounding on Grenier. He tossed him in the corner, and just began stomping on him. It was a while before he let him up, and when he did, he slammed him on the mat with a series of suplexes and slams. Grenier looked to be in pain, but Conway didn't even go for the pin. After a minute or two of the beating, he grabbed Grenier, and applied a surfboard.

Grenier struggled, but refused to give in to Conway's submission. After holding Grenier in the hold for at least thirty seconds, Conway let go, and let Grenier slump to the mat. A pin attempt got a quick two-count. Conway picked up Greiner, and sent him into the ropes with an irish whip. He ducked down, but Grenier flipped over him, and caught him with a roll-up! 1...2....Conway kicks out. Grenier stood, picked up Conway, and sent him into the ropes. In desperation he picked up Conway, going for a spinebuster, but Conway managed to counter it into a DDT. A quick pin got a near-fall. Conway tossed Grenier over, and then applied a steiner recliner. Grenier screamed, his back in agony, but couldn't get to the ropes. Conway let go eventually, and began stalking Grenier. When Grenier rose, he kicked him in the gut, and hit a fisherman's suplex! Pin, 1....2....Grenier kicked out! Conway stood, not believing what just happened. However, he quickly got a grin on his face, and he walked over to Grenier's legs. He twisted them, and flipped him over...applying a Texas Cloverleaf! Grenier screamed in agony, and made a crawl towards the ropes, but Conway dragged him back, pulling on his legs and back. Grenier struggled for a bit more, but eventually he tapped out. Conway, however, wasn't done. He motioned towards Dawn Marie, who brought him a chair. He lifted it above his head, and smashed Grenier repeatedly across the back. He then placed the chair in the ring, and climbed to the top-rope with Grenier. He looked down below, grinned, and nailed a fisherman's suplex off of the tope-rope and onto the chair! Conway laughed, exited the ring, and celebrated up the ramp with Dawn Marie as medics came down to wheel Grenier off on a stretcher.

Rob Conway def. Sylvain Grenier via submission.

Pretty decent match from these two young wrestlers, even if it was kinda a squash. Conway shows signs of becoming a great singles wrestler. With Dawn Marie at his side, the fans are definately seeing shades of Lance Storm...with a bit more charisma. (68)

-----

JR: "Rob Conway just destroyed Grenier! This makes me sick, King. This is just ridiculous. Look at him strut around with that Dawn Marie!"

King: "I can't blame him JR, if I had Dawn Marie hanging on my arm I'd strut around too!"

JR: "It's just not right King, it's just not right. Grenier could be out of action for months!"

-----

Singles Match:

Ric Flair vs Charlie Haas

The Nature Boy came down to the ring first, drawing in a mixture of heat and cheers. Haas then came down to some cheers, and the bell rang. The two slowly circled around the ring, until Flair extended his hand. Haas went for it, but Flair pulled back to his hair, and strutted around the ring. Haas wasted no time, charging at Flair, and taking him down. The former NCAA wrestler dominated Flair on the mat at first, but Flair showed some wrestling skills by reversing some of Haas's moves. At one point Haas had Flair locked a crossface, but Flair bit Haas's fingers to escape. Flair then rose, and taunted Haas. Haas, being the rookie, took the bait, and ran towards Flair. A moment later his face hit the mat, curtously of a drop-toehold. Flair then mockingly put Haas in a chin-lock, and slapped him in the face. Haas looked pissed, and he went for some more chain-wrestling on Flair. The two stayed relatively even, keeping up a fast pace.

Flair eventually managed to escape Haas's chain-wrestling by attaching himself to the ropes. 'Naitch then went outside, hoping to recover for a bit. He looked a little winded. He rolled back into the ring at the 9 count, then rolled back out. Haas looked irratated now, and not wanting Flair to dictate the match, he came out after him. The two brawled around the ring for a little bit, Haas sending Flair into the guard-rail, and Flair hitting several of his signature chops on the younger Haas. The two then returned to the ring, and began fighting in there as well. Haas and Flair both hit eachother with the chops, with Flair coming off better in that battle. Haas then whipped Flair into the ropes, and ducked around him, grabbing hold on the legend and hitting a dragon suplex! 1...2...Flair kicked out! Haas stood, still holding onto Flair, and rolled him up! 1..2...Flair kicked out again. Haas let go, and let Flair rise. When Flair got up, he charged Haas, who hit a snap-suplex! Haas went over to Flair's legs, and applied the Haas of Pain! Flair was struggling in the move, reaching towards the ropes. He was lucky, and managed to grab ahold of them. Haas let go of the hold, and let Flair slowly get up. When he did, Flair ran towards him, going for a clothesline. Haas ducked, and Flair struck the referee! The ref went down, but Haas began beating on Flair! He whipped him into the corner, and hit some chops in mockery! He then sent Flair into the other corner, and Flair staggered....and flopped to the mat! Haas slowly walked over, but when he reached Flair, Flair shot up onto his knees, and drilled Haas right between the eyes! A quick camera shot showed Flair putting brass knuckles back into his tights! The referee slowly awakened, and Flair draped an arm over Haas. 1....2...3! Ric Flair just stole a victory! He celebrated outside, as Haas slowly awakened and shook his head.

Ric Flair def. Charlie Haas via pinfall.

Pretty good match, Flair tried his very best to make Haas look like a credible threat. It was fun to see Flair work a match that didn't include him just hitting all of his spots and cheating, and he proved that he can still go. (79)

-----

The King of the World

[Chris Jericho is standing backstage, with Maria. She's smiling, looking stupider than ever.]

Maria: "Chris, you've got a match coming up next with Shelton Benjamin and Muhammad Hassan. How do you plan to win this match?"

[Jericho looks at her funny, and snatches the mic.]

Jericho: "How do I plan to win? How do I plan to win? Why, it's easy, honey. I'm gonna go out there, look both men in the eye, and kick some ***. And when I'm done beating the crap out of one of them, I'm going to move on to the other. Why? Because I am Y-2-J! I'm the King of the World, baby! I've held that Intercontinental Title more times than anybody else in history. Hell, Shelton Benjamin only won that title from me in the first place because I didn't know who I'd be facing that night, and I was a little tired. I am a superstar, you know. But Shelton, tonight the odds are stacked against you! Oh, you know who you're facing, but you'll be taking on two...no, three men out there! Yeah, I'm sure that little fruit-cake named Daivari is going to get involved in this one! It'll take a lot to get out of this one with your title, Shelton. We're in Vegas....you know. And tonight Shelton Benjamin, the odds are stacked against you. You're a cool guy and all, but there comes a time when a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. And tonight, Shelton, I'm going for the jackpot."

[Jericho leaves, with Maria still standing there stupidly.]

-----

WWE Intercontinental Title-Triple Threat Match:

Shelton Benjamin© vs Chris Jericho vs Muhammad Hassan

Hassan, Jericho, and Benjamin all started off in a stare-down. Benjamin looked nervous, Jericho and Hassan cocky. Benjamin looked to Jericho though, and nodded. The two immediately went after Muhammad, beating on him until he was in the corner. Daivari got up on the apron, and Jericho took a break from Hassan and sent him flying into the guard-rail. Jericho then went back to double-teaming Hassan with Benjamin. They picked Hassan up, and hit a double-team suplex on him. Benjamin then hit Hassan with a superkick, and Jericho hit the lionsault! He went for the pin, but Benjamin quickly pulled him off. Then, in typical triple-threat form, the two began arguing while Hassan rolled out of the ring. Jericho and Benjamin shoved eachother, and then began brawling themselves. Jericho quickly pushed Benjamin into the corner, hit him with a chop, then sent him into the ropes with an irish whip. Jericho ducked, but Benjamin lept over Jericho, and caught him with a german suplex! Benjamin kept his arms locked around Jericho, and the two began some quick chain wrestling. Both man seemed to be able to counter whatever the other threw at them.

After a quick sequence, Jericho locked in the Walls of Jericho on Benjamin! Benjamin was close to tapping, but Hassan appeared, and dragged Benjamin to the ropes Hassan slowly got in the ring, as Benjamin lay near the ropes, trying to recover. Daivari suddenly got up on the ring-apron, and Jericho didn't know what to do. Either way he went, he was screwed. He managed to make a decision though, and he charged at Hassan. The two began brawling, with Jericho taking Hassan down. Daivari quickly ran in though, and began hitting Jericho. The referee for the match simply walked over to Daivari, and gave him the "you're out!" motion. Both Muhammad and Daivari looked shocked, and although Daivari fought it, he was eventually forced to go to the back. While this was going on, Benjamin managed to sneak around and he caught Hassan with a roll-up! 1...2...no! Benjamin stood up, and Jericho drilled him in the head with an enziguri! 1...2...Hassan broke it up! All three men stood, looking at eachother. A crazy three-way brawl broke out, each man hitting both of his opponents. After a few moments, Benjamin broke free, and sent Jericho into the ropes. When Jericho came back, he tossed him over the top-rope with a back-body drop! Jericho hit hard, and when Benjamin turned around, Hassan was waiting for him. Hassan kicked Benjamin in the gut, and nailed a DDT! 1...2...Benjamin kicked out! The two men rose slowly. Unknown to them, Jericho was slowly climbing the turnbuckle. He sprung off, going for a double-axehandle, but Benjamin reacted quickly, hitting him with a Superkick! Benjamin turned around....Hassan catches him with the modified STO! 1....2....3! New Champion! Hassan quickly got his hand raised, was handed the title, and he dashed up the ramp, celebrating his first WWE Title.

Muhammad Hassan def. Shelton Benjamin via pinfall to become the NEW WWE Intercontinental Champion.

Pretty good match, though it didn't get too far away from the typical triple-threat format. There were some good spots in there, and Benjamin and Jericho wrestled well against eachother. (80)

-----

King: "Muhammad wins the title? Oh my god JR! He didn't even cheat!"

JR: "It suprises me as much as you King, believe me. But right now, let's take a look at the match that's coming up next."

[A video plays, starting with Booker T. and Chris Benoit in WCW. It then shows Edge, Christian, and Kurt Angle hanging out together. It goes through the years, showing all of the feuds that these guys have had.]

King: "This should be a great tag-team match JR, tons of history behind it!"

-----

Tag Team Grudge Match:

Kurt Angle/Edge vs Chris Benoit/Booker T.

When it was shown who was going to start off in the ring in this match, you knew it was going to be good. Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit circled eachother, seemingly waiting for the other man to make their move first. They started towards eachother slowly, then locked up, going down to the mat. Angle had the early advantage, it seemed as though despite all the moves in Benoit's arsenal, for every one Angle had a counter. Even the chain-wrestling moves were countered by Angle. However, after a minute or two of reversals, Benoit managed to flip Angle over, and apply a cross-face! Angle almost tapped, but Edge ran in, and broke it up. Benoit got up, and began brawling with Angle. He sent Angle into the corner, and tagged in Booker T. He hit some chops, then let Booker to his rival. Booker didn't waste any time, he just started pounding the crap out of Angle. He whipped Angle into the ropes, and hit a nice heel-kick. He let Angle get up, and went for a clothesline. Angle ducked, and went for an Angle Slam. Booker T. escaped, and went for a Book-End, but Angle dashed out of it and tagged in Edge. When Edge got in he began brawling with Booker T., and hit a series of nice, crisp suplexes. He put Booker in a chin-lock, but Booker managed to get out, and tag in Benoit.

Benoit came in, and began taking Edge down with clotheslines. He then backed Edge into the corner, and hit some chops on him. Edge's chest looked beat-red. Edge went out into the middle of the ring, and Benoit whipped him into the ropes. Edge came back, looking for a Spear, but Benoit blocked and went for the Crossface! Edge managed to stay up, so Benoit simply went behind him, and hit him with a german suplex! He picked Edge up, and hit another, and another! Benoit then did his signature taunt, and climbed to the top rope, looking for the diving head-butt. When he got there, Angle ran over, and before he could leap off, Angle pushed him off of the top. This allowed Edge to come over and tag in Angle, and for Benoit to get Booker T. in the ring again. Angle and Booker went at a slower pace than before, opting to go for more mat-wrestling than brawling. Angle came out on top, of course. Booker didn't look to bad though, and he got the better of Angle on several occasions. Both guys were up, and Booker went for a heel-kick, but Angle caught his foot, locking in the Ankle Lock. Booker struggled, but pushed with his legs, sending Angle into his corner. Edge then tagged himself in. He went towards Booker, but Booker evaded, and quickly tagged in Benoit. Booker wasted no time though, and immediately went after Angle, while Benoit and Edge were brawling in the ring. Angle and Booker brawled around outside the ring, with Booker tossing Angle into the fans. Angle, however, got up quickly, and ran off through the crowd! Benoit looked on, shocked in the ring, as Booker T. chased Angle. Benoit turned around, and Edge went for a Spear! Benoit caught his arm, and went for the Crossface, but Edge grabbed onto the ropes. Benoit then went towards Edge, going for a suplex. He had Edge up high in the air, until Edge began shifting his weight. He slowly came down, landing on his feet. He brought Benoit up, and hit the Edgeocution! He pinned, 1...2...3! Edge just beat Chris Benoit!

Edge and Kurt Angle def. Chris Benoit and Booker T. via pinfall.

Pretty good tag match, lots of hot action between the rivals. Edge has beaten Benoit twice now, including a win in a Last Man Standing match. It appears as though their feud is over. Booker T. and Kurt Angle though...it appears as though there's more to their story yet. (81)

-----

King: "Edge beat Benoit again JR! But what happened to Angle?"

JR: "He ran away like a damn coward, King. A damn coward!"

King: "He's a smart guy JR, I wouldn't be so sure. But you do know what's coming up next, don't you?"

[A video package plays, starting with highlights of Evolution. It shows Batista winning the Royal Rumble, and beating Triple H at both WrestleMania XX and at Backlash. It ends with the words "Prepare to Enter Hell."]

JR: "This is it ladies and gentlemen, the final battle between these two warriors. When they enter this cell, they are putting their bodies on the line. This match is not going to be for the faint of heart, if you are offended by such violence then we thank you for ordering."

-----

World Heavyweight Title-Hell In A Cell:

Batista© vs Triple H

There was definately a special atmosphere for this match. As the two men stared eachother down, and circled around the ring, the fans were already on the edge of their seats. Even watching it at home, one could feel the tension. The two slowly went towards eachother, opting to go for a test of strength. The two pushed against eachother for a while, but Batista smiled, and he overpowed Trips. He pushed Triple H back, all the way into the corner. Triple H begged for him to stop, and Batista let go. Hunter came out swinging, and the two men began brawling around the ring. Hunter was sent into the ropes. He came running towards Batista, who picked him up, and threw him over the top-rope, into the cage! Batista then posed, and went down to the area between the cell and the cage. He went towards Triple H, who was looking for something under the ring apron. Batista went to pick him up, but Triple H nailed him with a chain! Batista slumped against the side of the cage, and Hunter rose. He took the chain, raised it high...and whipped Batista's back! A welt could immediately be seen. He then whipped Batista once more, before wrapping the chain around his hand. He went to punch Batista, but Batista ducked, and threw Triple H into the cage! Batista then searched under the ring, and came up with a trash-can lid. He smacked Triple H in the head with it, weakening him, then he tossed him into the cell. And again, and again. Triple H began to bleed heavily, his face becoming a crimson mask. He went for one final swing with the dented lid, but Triple H ducked, and smacked him with the chain. Both men went down.

Triple H slowly let the chain uncoil from his hand, and he tossed it aside. He reached under the ring, grabbing some weapons. A steel-chair, a kendo stick, and a trashcan were all thrown in the ring. He slowly got into the ring, and grabbed the trashcan. When Batista came towards him, he smashed it on the animal's head. It immediately dented, and he tossed it outside. Triple H then grabbed the kendo stick. He circled Batista, and when Batista got up from his knees, he raised the stick high, and brought it down upon Batista's head. The animal went down, and he juiced. Both guys were bleeding now, Triple H bleeding a little more. The kendo stick was pretty broken. Triple H slowly crawled outside, and reached under the ring. After searching for a moment, he found what he wanted. He grabbed a table, and slowly slid it into the ring. He seemed to be looking for something else, but never got it, as Batista came out of the ring and smashed Triple H with part of the broken kendo stick. He then grabbed "The Game," and scraped his face up against the metal on the side of the cell. Batista let go, rolled back into the ring, and began setting up the table. There was suddenly a huge cheer, and Triple H was shown with something. Out from under the ring, "The Game" was pulling out a 2x4 covered in barbed-wire! He slowly came into the ring, staring at Batista. He ran towards Batista, and swung, but Batista ducked. He wasn't quick enough however, as Triple H drilled Batista right in the ribs! Batista hunched over, and Triple went over to him....Pedigree! A groggy Triple H went for the pin, 1....2....BATISTA KICKED OUT! Triple H absolutely cannot believe it! He got up slowly, and put Batista in position for another Pedigree. Batista wouldn't take it though, and he powered out of it, sending Triple H flying over Batista' back and through the table! Both guys go down, Batista too weak to get a cover immediately. He eventually manages to drape an arm across Triple H, 1...2...Hunter just got his shoulder up! Batista picked up Triple H, and put him in position for the Batista Bomb. Triple H dropped to his knees though, and caught Batista with a low-blow! Both guys are on their knees, but Triple H manages to stand up. He puts Batista in position for the Pedigree...Batista hit a low-blow of his own! He picked up "The Game...." Batista Bomb! He pinned, 1....2....TRIPLE H KICKED OUT! Batista slowly got up, and grabbed the unused chair. Triple H is on his knees, and Batista clocked him in the head with it! Batista did his "thumbs up, thumbs down" taunt, and put Triple H in position for his finisher. Triple H, however, grabbed the barbed-wire 2x4, and tried to nail Batista with it! Batista grabbed it by the handle, pulling it from Hunter's grasp, and drilled Triple H in the chest with it! He then put Triple H in position....Batista Bomb! Batista crawled over, and hooked the leg.....1.....2.....3!

Batista def. Triple H via pinfall to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

VERY nice brawl, easily the best in their series, and likely Batista's best match to date. With this match, Triple H made Batista a true superstar. It should be interesting to see what happens with both men in the future. (91)

-----

King: "The streak is over JR! Triple H has been beaten in a Heel In A Cell match!"

[batista slowly rises, and is handed his World Heavyweight Title. He looks at it, then looks at the fans. He then goes over to the nearest turnbuckle, and holds it high over his head.]

JR: "Batista! Batista bah gawd....Batista has risen from the depths of hell as the sole survivor! Batista has done it again!"

[The show goes off the air with an image of a bloody Batista holding onto his World Heavyweight Title, now sitting down from exhaustion in the corner of the ring.]

-----

Quick Results:

Monsters Inc. def. Justice League©

Victoria def. Christy Hemme

Rob Conway def. Sylvain Greiner

Ric Flair def. Charlie Haas

Muhammad Hassan def. Shelton Benjamin© & Chris Jericho

Edge & Kurt Angle def. Chris Benoit & Booker T.

Batista© def. Triple H

Overall Show Rating: 80

WWE RAW Results

IPB Image

[A black and white video is shown, hightling the Hell In A Cell match from last night. It ends with a bloody Batista holding his Title high, JR yelling "Batista has risen above hell itself!" The pyros from RAW then explode, and the camera goes to everyone's favorite announcers.]

JR: "I'm still in shock over that match King! I can't believe the carnage!"

King: "Neither am I JR, but you're being rude! Welcome to RAW folks! I'm Jerry Lawler, and my partner is Jim Ross."

JR: "Well excuse me, King. We've got what looks to be a good show for everyone tonight, right King?"

King: "We sure do, JR. And it all starts with Rob Conway, who won his match with his former partner last night, taking on William Regal!"

JR: "This should be a great technical match-up to kick off the show!"

-----

Singles Match:

William Regal vs Rob Conway

Just as JR predicted, this was a very good technical wrestling match. The two were even throughout most of the match. Conway is a bit stronger, and more flexible, but Regal knows a few more holds and counters. That made for an interesting match. Conway had Regal in a move similar to the rings of saturn mid-way through the match, but was a bit too overconfident, and Regal managed to get a foot on the ropes. At the end, Conway arrogantly charged Regal...only to be hit with a Butterfly-Suplex! Regal pinned, but only got a two-count. Regal tried to send Conway into the ropes, but Conway reversed. Dawn Marie tripped Regal up, allowing Conway to hit a fisherman's suplex for the three-count. He celebrated after the match, as Regal glared at him.

-----

Taking a Nature Walk

[Charlie Haas is walking in the back. He appears to be looking for something. He walks up to Todd Grisham after a while.]

Haas: "Hey...Todd! Have you seen Ric Flair around here?"

[Grisham shakes his head, and Haas walks on. He eventually bumps into the Coach.]

Haas: "Where the hell is Flair at?"

Coach: "Woah, woah....watch where you're walkin', kid! And watch your mouth around the Coach!"

[Haas grabs Coach by the collar, and looks at him seriously.]

Haas: "Listen, Coach. Is Ric Flair here tonight, or isn't he? I want a simple answer."

Coach: "He's....he's not here tonight, neither is Triple H. Now put the Coach down!"

[Haas smirks, and lets go of the Coach. He walks off, looking pissed.]

-----

Singles Match:

Chris Benoit vs Kenzo Suzuki

Kenzo Suzuki made his suprise RAW debut tonight, in what was a pretty solid match. Benoit had control during the majority of it, but Kenzo did get in a little bit of offense. They wrestled on the mat for a little while, then worked into a brawl, with Benoit hitting all of his signature spots. He hit Kenzo with a series of stiff looking chops, and then hit Kenzo with three consecutive german suplexes. He went up to the top rope for the diving head-butt, but Hiroko pushed him off. Kenzo tried to take advantage of the situation, but failed to do so. He went for his Faceclaw STO, but Benoit brought him down into the Crippler Crossface. After only a few seconds, Kenzo tapped out in pain.

-----

It Aint Over Yet!

[The show cuts to the backstage area, where Booker T. is shown walking. He is suddenly jumped by Kurt Angle. The two begin brawling, until security comes and seperates the two of them.]

Angle: "You're nothin' Booker! You think that you've got what it takes to go one-on-one with an Olympic gold medalist? You're nothing but a piece of trash, just like your wife!"

[booker lunges at Angle, but the security guards hold him back.]

Booker: "This aint over yet, dawg! One a these days, I'm gonna get my revenge on your ***!"

[Eric Bischoff suddenly appears, and stands inbetween the two men.]

Bischoff: "Hey! Settle down, or I'll have both of you suspended! [the two men quiet down a bit.] Listen, it looks to me as though both of you want a match against eachother. Now, it's not going to happen tonight....but I've got an announcement to make that I think you'll both be quite pleased with."

[booker and Angle look confused, but they both calm down as Bischoff looks to be heading towards the ring.]

-----

Bischoff's Announcement

["I'm Back....and betta than ever!" Eric Bischoff's music plays, and he makes his way down to the ring, microphone already in hand. He gets primarily boos, but he doesn't seem to notice as he steps in the ring.]

Bischoff: "You know, when I was watching Vengeance last night, an idea popped in my head. [pause.] Well, actually, it's not really a new idea, it's been done before. Hell, it's been done here on RAW twice already. But when we stepped into Vegas, I was reminded of it."

[some of the fans seem to know where this is heading, though a lot of them do not. Bischoff pauses briefly.]

Bischoff: "Las Vegas is a city all about odds....chance....gambling. It's a city where if your luck is running high, you could leave with much more than you originally had. But it's also a place where luck can screw you over, and you leave with nothing. Just like wrestling. [pause.] Vengeance is less than 24 hours removed, and I've already my superstars request several matches. The first of the matches you just saw....Booker T. and Kurt Angle. [big pop.] The second match that was requested, was a rematch for the World Tag Team Championships. [mild pop.] Next week....I intend on giving you both of those matches, and more!"

[Good sized pop for that. Bischoff smiles.]

Bischoff: "But next week, we aren't going to see straight-up singles matches. Oh no. Next week, you are going to see some great action from the superstars of RAW. Next week, LIVE from Sacramento California, you shall see RAW Roulette Three!"

[big pop for the announcement. Eric Bischoff grins, steps through the ropes, and struts backstage.]

-----

WWE Intercontinental Title:

Muhammad Hassan© vs Steven Richards

Fairly decent match to start off Hassan's Intercontinental Title reign. Richards got in some offense, but Hassan didn't make him look too strong. Richards did get a couple small pops for his moves though, an even got a "BWO!" chant quietly going on in one section of the arena. Hassan and Richards both hit most of their spots, and near the end of this match there were some near-falls. Richards managed to duck a lariat from Hassan and he hit the Stevie Kick, but Hassan put his foot on the ropes. To end the match, Hassan whipped Richards hard into the turnbuckle. Richards staggered backwards, and Hassan hit the Modified STO for the pinfall. He celebrated with Daivari after the match was over.

-----

The Number One Contender

[Edge and Lita are shown walking backstage. They reach Eric Bischoff's office. Edge opens the door without knocking, and goes over to Bischoff's desk.]

Bischoff: "Edge, Lita....what can I do for you?"

Edge: "Listen here, Bischoff. You might've thought you were being funny or something by putting me in that tag match at Vengeance. You know damn well I didn't need to be a part of that. I should've had the night off. Hell, I could've exercised my Money in the Bank contract last night, after Batista was beaten up from the Hell In A Cell match! But I couldn't Eric, because I busted my *** to pin Chris Benoit, 1....2....3!"

Bischoff: "What...what are you getting at here, Edge?"

Edge: "I think you owe me a title shot, Eric. I mean, look at the potential for this match at SummerSlam. Look at....Edge versus Batista. The fans would LOVE that match, Eric! And you know I deserve it!"

[bischoff doesn't say anything, but he's deep in thought.]

Bischoff: "Well, Edge, I've gotta say that I haven't even thought of SummerSlam, and the #1 Contender yet. It hasn't even really crossed my mind. [Edge looks pissed, but Eric points his finger at him.] But....that contract you've got there is good for anytime, anywhere. You don't even need to do anything to use it. You keep that in mind, Edge. There are guys out there who would kill for that contract."

[Edge looks at the briefcase he's holding, shakes his head, and walks off, hand-in-hand with Lita.]

-----

The Challenge

["Break the Walls Down!" Chris Jericho's music (and pyro) hit, and he makes his way down to the ring to a mixed reaction, though he gets primarily pops, with some heat. He enters the ring in typical Y2J fashion, and grabs a microphone.]

Jericho: "Last night...at Vengeance...I promised to do something. [pause.] I promised to win the Intercontinental Championship from Shelton Benjamin. But as you can see....[Jericho looks at his shoulder.] It didn't happen. [boos.] You know it's kinda....shocking to me. To know that, although I am the man who holds the most Intercontinental Championship reigns throughout a career, I couldn't win...it's unsettling. It's wierd, ya know. I figured that I would be able to go in there, win the Intercontinental Title, and show all you fans exactly how good I am!"

[The fans aren't sure exactly how to react.]

Jericho: "And you know what kills me? Not only did I not beat Shelton Benjamin, in the middle of the ring, but I wasn't even pinned! That little ***-clown called Muhammad Hassan ended up beating Shelton, putting Y2J entirely out of the equation! And that, ladies and gentlemen, is something I will not stand for! [Jericho pauses.] Which is why, right here tonight, in front of all you fans, I am putting down a challenge. A challenge to somebody who took away my chance at winning the Intercontinental Title! The same man....the same man, who beat me for the belt back in October. Shelton Benjamin....come on down!"

[shelton Benjamin's music hits, and he makes his way down to the ring, ready for a match.]

-----

Singles Match:

Chris Jericho vs Shelton Benjamin

This match was just as good as their previous encounters, if not a little better in some parts. The two began with a slow, even match, choosing to wrestle on the mat. They were pretty even, Shelton impressed with some innovative counters. After a while, the two began picking up the pace, throwing out counter after counter, and near-fall after near-fall. Benjamin locked Jericho in a few submissions too, which is something he hasn't really been doing lately. Jericho went for the lionsault near the finish, but Shelton moved out of the way, got up, and went for a T-Bone suplex. Jericho grabbed onto the ropes, however, and brought Benjamin down into the Walls of Jericho. After struggling for nearly half a minute, Benjamin tapped-out to end a great match. After the match, Jericho let Benjamin rise, and he shook his hand as the fans gave the two a standing ovation.

-----

The Celebration Ceremony

[After a commercial break, Batista's music hit, and he made his way down to the ring wearing a suit, and a bandage on his head. He got an absolutely HUGE pop, easily the biggest pop of the night. Batista entered the ring, and looking at the World Heavyweight Title around his waist.]

Batista: "Last night....last night, I went through hell. [pause.] You know....you saw all the video packages. You heard the interviews. You've heard countless times just how brutal those matches are. But it just doesn't sink in. It doesn't sink in, until you step in that ring, and you look around you. And you see the cage staring back. You look across the ring....you see the man standing in front of you. He's a man who has never lost in that type of situation before! Then you look above you....around you....and you see that no matter what you do, there is no way out! You're stuck in that pit of hell, until one of you is declared the victor!"

[batista pauses, looking around the ring.]

Batista: "But once I started fighting....once I started beating the hell out of Triple H....I realized that it was all worth it. It's funny, you know? He wanted this match. He thought that he had enough experience to come out on top. But he didn't. Triple H, no matter what you did, you couldn't beat me! I am the Animal! Triple H....hell, anybody who's sitting in the back, or at home, I hope you learned a lesson last night. I hope that everybody who watched that match know KNOWS that when they step in the ring with Batista....they're looking death in the eye. This is my World Heavyweight Title....and I DARE any of you to try and take it from me!"

[batista drops the microphone, and stands on the ropes, World Title raised above his head, facing the entrance ramp. He poses for a while, then returns to the middle of the ring. returning to the middle of the ring. There is suddenly some commotion from the crowd, and when Batista turns around, RANDY ORTON hits him with a RKO! The Champion is left down, and out, as Randy Orton returns to RAW! Orton's music plays, as he rolls out of the ring, and poses on the entrance ramp.]

-----

JR: "Randy Orton! Randy Orton! He just RKO'd Batista! Bah gawd....Randy Orton has returned to RAW! And he...he just took out the Animal!"

[The show ends with Orton posing on the entrance ramp, with that cocky grin of his.]

-----

Quick Results:

-Rob Conway def. William Regal (76)

-Chris Benoit def. Kenzo Suzuki (74)

-Muhammad Hassan© def. Steven Richards (75)

-Chris Jericho def. Shelton Benjamin (84)

Overall Show Rating: 82

Edited by Vitamin E

IPB Image

WWE Smackdown! Results for June 30th

Taped from Anaheim, California (8,015 in Attendance)

[Instead of a pyro display or music video, we are once again taken directly to the ring to open the show with The Peep Show. Captain Charisma himself makes his way out soon after the camera pans the arena. As he walks down the ramp he points to his 'peeps' in the crowd. He then gets into the ring and grabs a mic.]

CHRISTIAN-Welcome to Smackdown!...is...Christian! Chris Jericho isn't the only one allowed to name shows after himself! Tonight I have two special guests. Guest number one is the man who I will beat in just thirty days! And since I know some of my peeps out there are too stupid to remember who he is, which I don't blame you, that man is Triple C.

[Carlito's music begins to play and Mr. Cool makes his way out, apple in hand. After he gets into the ring Christian offers him a mic, but he goes and grabs one from Chimel.]

CARLITO-'Ey man. What do you have to say to me, Carilito...Caribbean...Cool? Because me and you...out talking is saved for The Great American Bash...and there we'll talk with sign language.

CHRISTIAN-That's the difference between me and you. I can talk face to face with my opponents without sinking down to fighting before a match. But you just want to resort to violence all the time. But since you brought up our match so quick, how bad do you think I am going to kick your ***?

CARLITO-'Ey man, dat's not cool! You can think that you will win the match...but the truth is Carlito Caribbean Cool will be standing over you. Do you have any real questions for me? Or is this Peep Show of yours...not cool?

CHRISTIAN-Of course The Peep Show is cool! The Peep Show is so cool that I had to turn down a deal to have a show all about me! But I do have a real question. At The Great American Bash, how bad do you think...your *** will get beat? Okay, okay. Obviously it is that time of the month so I shall now bring out my second guest. The man that I will beat at SummerSlam for the WWE Championship-

[Before Christian can introduce him, Cena's music plays and the crowd goes nuts. The WWE Champ makes his entrance and walks down the ramp and gets into the ring.]

CHRISTIAN-It is a sad day in WWE history when someone like John Cena is the WWE Champ-

CENA-YO, YO, YO! The Champ is in tha house! Listen to you two, arguing over who is cooler. You're so lame that people would rather pay to see the Fabulous Meulah. At SummerSlam it doesn't matter who I face. Christian, Carlito, I'll kick both your asses all over the place! Whoever wins better bring their A-game, 'cause if they don't I'll send 'em into the Hall Of Shame! Both you are fruitier than Michael Cole. All three of you should get together and suck on eachothers totem poles!-

[Christian and Carlito have enough of Cena and both begin to open up on him. At first Cena starts to fight back, but he is soon overpowered by the two. Christian and Carlito quickly dispose of Cena by clotheslining him over the top rope. Christian continues to trash talk Cena as Carlito is behind him with his apple in hand. Christian turns around and gets smashed in the head with the apple. Carlito then delivers a Swinging Neckbreaker to him before leaving as the one man left standing.]

76%

-----

[The camera cuts to the Smackdown! GM's office where we see a bunch of stuff in it, including stuffed animals hanging from the ceiling, one of those electronic number counters from deli's and a ticket vender as well, and even a mime. We then see both The Dudley Boyz and MNM walk in.]

FOLEY-I'm glad all five of you are here. Even though my Great American Bash card is shaping up to be the best Smackdown! exclusive Pay-Per-View in a long time, it is still missing the tag champions on it and a number one contender. That is why next week it will be D-Von Dudley facing Joey Mercury in singles action, and if D-Von wins then The Dudley Boyz will become the number one contenders!

BUBBA-Good, because me and D-Von have been gone way too long to be passed up for tag gold. And you better keep your bitch out of the way or her *** will be eating wood!

[All five of them walk out of the room and no sooner do they leave does Val Venis walk into the office.]

VENIS-Excuse me, Mr. Foley, but I need to talk to you. As you know, over on RAW I wasn't seen as much. I was mistreated and even made into Eric Bischoff's lackey. And I am hoping to have a clean slate over here on Smackdown!. And if you give me an opportunity to shine, I can assure that I will...RISE...to the occasion, heh heh.

FOLEY-Val, I agree. On Smackdown! people are treated with respect and you WILL have your chance to shine! Next week you will face Simon Dean, and if you can beat him there will be even greater things to come in your future!

[The screen then fades to black as we go to a commercial]

69%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Tag Match

Hardcore Holly & Eugene Dinsmore [vs] Rene Dupree & Chavo Guerrero

[Pretty okay match up. Dupree and Guerrero seemed to do good as a tag team together whereas Holly and Dinsmore didn't quite gel as well. Holly banged Dupree up pretty good (or bad), but Holly's fun was cut short soon. Eugene once again had some sort of head problem again and delivered a German Suplex on Holly. Dupree took the advantage and shoved Dinsmore to the outside and pinned Holly. After the match Dinsmore seemed to go back to normal as he look sad that Holly just got pinned.]

66%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

[We come back from the break to see Simon Dean and his two mystery men standing in the middle of the ring with mics.]

DEAN-It seems some of the Smackdown! superstars are just as bad as RAW's superstars! Not only was I brutally assaulted last week by a wash-up, but I was assaulted by someone who reaks of fat! That is why I have these two men here. These two are going to help me make Smackdown! the best show, the most entertaining show, and most of all, the healthiest show! To my right is Johnny Swinger. Simon System user for over 3 years. And to my left is the Simon System's VIP who has been using the Simon System for over SEVEN years, Frankie 'The Future' Kazarian! Why is he the future? Because unlike most of you and the Smackdown! superstars he will make it to see the age of forty! And this is The System! Now all three of us have agreed on something, and that is who the fattest, unfittest, and sloppiest Smackdown! superstar is, and that is The Big Show! That man disgusts us! We are even surprised that he is still walking with his fat clogged arteries! But we aren't all talk, because I am issuing a challenge to any superstar who feels they are in shape in the back! Anybody back there must at least believe they are in shape!

[Which leads to....]

63%

-----

Normal Singles Match

Frankie Kazarian [vs] Shannon Moore

[Not one of the better cruiserweight style matches, although it was an okay one. Kazarian basically just squashed Moore but continued his assault by orders of Dean. Kazarian eventually finished the match off with the Wave Of The Future.]

66%

-----

[We again go to the back, but in a room that is barely lit but just enough to see the surroundings. From out of the shadows steps The Undertaker]

UNDERTAKER-Kane...I heard your cries for help last week...but there isn't anything living...that can help you...I will soon bring you back...Back from the shadows where you hide...I will bring you back to the Kane you once were...The one who chokeslammed me through my parents casket...The one who set a casket that contained me on fire...The one who chokeslammed me right through the ring, to the cold hard cement below...Those are the actions that a name Kane deserves...Your actions recently...don't deserve that name...You don't even deserve a name, you are so pathetic...I'm not playing mindgames with you...I am not trying to scare you away from fighting me...I am pleading that you fight me...Punch me...Throw me over a bridge...ANYthing! But you aren't capable of that anymore...The only thing you are capable of...is running...hiding...That's why at The Great American Bash...I will make sure you can't run nor hide...

[The camera zooms out a little and we see a garbage can. Undertaker takes out a book of matches and throws a lit one into the can, and the inside of the can bursts flames. Taker then pulls out Kane's old mask and throws it into the fire.]

83%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

[We return from commercials and we are shown backstage in what seems to be a hallway. The camera pans a little to the right to show a door that has the Smackdown! logo on it and 'General Manager' underneath. The door opens and Paul Heyman steps out! He walks down the hall and we are then taken to the ring.

87%

-----

Normal Handicapped Match

Kane [vs] The Bashams

[Decent match. Kane actually didn't dominate it either and The Bashams pretty much were in control. Kane however soon began to gain the control and had both Bashams down after a while with a pair of big boots. Orlando Jordan came running out after this and slid into the ring, only to be clobbered upon. Kane threw Jordan into the corner and hit several body punches. JBL came from the crowd and got into the ring as Kane finished Jordan off with a throat thrust. Kane turned around and got NAILED with a Clothesline From Hell, causing a DQ. All four men then quickly ran to the back and Kane sat right up as they vanished behind the curtain.]

62%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

[We return to see The Cabinet in the back next to JBL's longhorned limo.]

JBL-You see what I just did to Kane? That is a small preview of what I am going to do to him when The Great American Bash rolls around!

DANNY-We know you can do it JBL! And since our tag match is off we can-

JBL-Wait a minute. What do you mean off? Your match is still on! We agreed that if you two could beat Kane then your match would no longer happen, and you two didn't beat him!

DOUG-You cost us the match! How were we supposed to beat him if you cost us the match!

JORDAN-You should have had Kane begging for mercy instead of making Mr. Layfield do your own work!

[Before either Basham can say anything in their defense, they hear something clatter on the floor. The camera pans over and Kane is coming towards The Cabinet! All four men run into the limo and JBL orders the driver to get out of there, but it is too late as Kane pulls the driver out and tosses him away. Kane then begins to tear the outside of the limo apart. He breaks some windows, dents the door with a nearby pipe, and he even rips off the horns on the front. After he damages the limo enough Kane gets into the drivers seat and drives the limo out of the arena.]

72%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Singles Match

Eddie Guerrero [vs] Tajiri

[What was supposed to be a great 20 minute main event turned out to be just a good one. The crowd just seemed to not be interested in it. Tajiri and Guerrero being partners once upon a time ago were pretty smart in knowing what the other would do. But that didn't stop Eddie from cheating. Tajiri went for the Kick Of Death but Eddie ducked and rolled Tajiri up, only to get a two count. Eddie then picked Tajiri up and purposely shoved him into the ref, knocking both to the mat. Eddie went to the outside and pulled something from under the ring. He got back into the ring and took what seemed to be some sort of paint-like stuff and put it over his face. He shoved the object from the ring and laid down on the mat as the ref began to come to. Eddie started rolling around, acting like his eyes were burning from a Poison Mist. The ref saw Eddie's face and called for the bell.]

78%

----------

Quick Results

Rene Dupree/Chavo Guerrero def. Hardcore Holly/Eugene Dinsmore

Frankie Kazarian def. Shannon Moore

Kane def. The Bashams

Eddie Guerrero def. Tajiri

Overall Smackdown! Rating-70%

---------

Sorry that this Smackdown! was crap. The scenario I am making his a bitch as I have said and I am trying to get it done ASAP.

END OF MONTH REPORT

RAW Ratings

6.06.05-5.92 Nielsen

6.13.05-5.98 Nielsen

6.20.05-5.98 Nielsen

6.27.05-6.04 Nielsen

Vengeance-1.54 Buy Rate

Smackdown! Ratings

6.02.05-6.23 Nielsen

6.09.05-5.73 Nielsen

6.16.05-5.85 Nielsen

6.23.05-6.16 Nielsen

6.30.05-5.66 Nielsen

TNA Impact! Ratings

6.03.05-2.69 Nielsen

6.10.05-2.75 Nielsen

6.17.05-2.76 Nielsen

6.24.05-2.69 Nielsen

7.01.05-2.74 Nielsen

Slammiversary-0.70 Buy Rate

NOAH Dates & Workers

Bill Goldberg, Doug Williams, Johnny Smith, Jun Akiyama, Ken Shamrock, Kenta Kobashi, Low-Ki, Michael Modest, Mike Awesome, Naomichi Marufuji, Pat Miletich, Rhyno, Ricky Marvin, SUWA, and Tank Abbot will be touring Pro Wrestling Noah the following dates-August 2005, September 2005, December 2005, January 2006, and May 24-29 2006.

*Psychosis, Daniel Puder, Jim Cornette, and Todd Shane have been talking to WWE about being brought up from OVW. Although no certain date is set for their debuts, they will most likely appear on either RAW or Smackdown! before the end of the year.

*CZW have been negotiating and have finally got a new television spot. Their new show will debut next Wednesday on MTV. So be sure to tune in if you are still up. Yes, the show is at Midnight.

*Nunzio, Shawn Michaels, and Paul Birchall have all signed new contracts this month as their old ones were coming to an end. Nunzio has signed a 3 year contract for $30,000, Paul Birchall has signed a 2 year contract for $15,000, and Shawn Michaels has signed a 3 year contract with Creative Control still in it for $200,000.

*WWE would like to wish Mark Jindrak (29), Mark Henry (34), Mike Shane (29), Simon Dean (34), Mick Foley (40), John Heidenreich (34), Sylvain Grenier (29), and Mac Johnson (21) a very Happy Birthday.

Velocity Results

July 2nd, 2005

Matt Morgan def. Akio in a squash match with the M5. Akio really had no chance here, but Morgan is trying to be pushed as a monster... 63%

-Smackdown! Rebound video of the opening segmant of Smackdown! with The Peep Show and Carlito/Cena as guests. The video ended with Carlito taking Christian down with the Swinging Neckbreaker.- 77%

Garrison Cade def. Scotty 2 Hotty in a good match. Good to see Cade winning again. Hotty lost after being nailed with a Flying Elbow Drop. 66%

-Smackdown! Rebound video of Kane destroying JBL's limo and driving off in it with The Cabinet in the back.- 79%

Frankie Kazarian & Johnny Swinger def. Val Venis & Shannon Moore in a very good match. Swinger finally debuted on screen and really showed the crowd his goods. Swinger and Kazarian won after delivering a backbreaker/legdrop combo to Moore. 70%

Chavo Guerrero def. Tajiri & Paul London in a Non-Title Triple Threat Match. Good cruiserweight match and a nice change of pace from the normal singles matches. Chavo pinned London with a move from Eddie's book, the Frog Splash.

Overall Rating-67%

WWE Sunday Night HeAT Results

Mark Jindrak def. Viscera & Tyson Tomko via pinfall in a triple-threat match after hitting the Mark of Excellence on Tomko. Terrible match. (58)

Victoria def. Christy Hemme via pinfall in a Vengeance re-match. This was probably a little better than their match on PPV, but not much. (63)

-A video was played, showing Eric Bischoff's announcement about the "RAW Roulette" that is going to be on RAW tomorrow night. (79)

The Justice League def. The Heart-Throbs via pinfall, after the Hurricane hit the Eye of the Hurricane on Romeo. Good match, quite a few near-falls. (62)

-A video was played, showing Batista's celebration ceremony, and then the assault by the returning Randy Orton. (87)

-Maven came out, and issued an open challenge. It was answered by none-other than Charlie Haas! (70)

Charlie Haas def. Maven via submission. Pretty good, solid match between the two guys. Maven eventually tapped out to the Haas of Pain. (71)

I found the backstory to be highly unoriginal and completly unstable with both Shane and Stephanie just shooting out ideas at rapid fire. The shows however have been pretty entertaining. I especially mark for Foley and Mr. Socko!

WWE RAW Results

IPB Image

[There is no pyro, or opening video this week. It cuts directly from the picture of Eric Bischoff, to the General Manager himself. He's smiling, with that wicked grin of his.]

Bischoff: "Hello everyone, and happy Fourth of July. [pop.] Tonight, for the third time in RAW history, we shall see the RAW Roulette. Now, I'm not sure if all of you know how this works, so let me explain it to you."

[The camera pans out, and reveals a wheel, with a bunch of different match-types on it.]

Bischoff: "To explain it in simple terms, the RAW Roulette is like a game show. Before each match, I, or one of my other staff members, will spin this wheel. It will randomly land upon one of the match types you see listed below. That's right, ladies and gentlemen. Tonight, you just might see anything. You might see a ladder match...or a tables match! Nobody knows where this wheel will decide to land, until it does."

[bischoff looks at the wheel, and smiles.]

Bischoff: "So let's jump right into the action, action that you can only see here on RAW. The first match of the evening will be the team of Heidenreich and Snitsky, the current World Tag Team Champions, defending against the Hurricane and Rosey..."

[bischoff trails off, and spins the wheel. It lands on a Steel Cage Match!"

Bischoff: "In a Steel Cage Match!"

-----

World Tag Team Titles-Cage Match:

Monsters Inc.© vs Justice League

Pretty decent cage match here. The guys used the cage for what it was for- beating the hell out of your opponent. Hurricane used it to his advantage a little bit in the flying aspect, but since he was locked in the cage with three other huge men, it actually limited his speed. Hurricane was tossed into the side of the cage several times, and he eventually started bleeding a little bit. Snitsky bladed too. When all was said and done, Hurricane and Rosey just simply couldn't compete with the size of Heidenreich and Snitsky. Hurricane looked as though he had a chance to win late in the match, he was climbing the cage, but Heidenreich snuck up behind him, and caught him with a Powerbomb. He pinned Hurricane as Snitsky held off Rosey for the win in a short, yet decent cage match.

-----

The Second Spin

[We head backstage after a commercial, where the Coach is standing next to the Roulette.]

Coach: "Well, let's see what the Coach has here for ya. Ladder match....barbed wire...tables...."

[The Coach spins the wheel, and all watch, waiting for it to land on something.]

Coach: "Well well....look what we have here. Wait a minute....Eric!"

[bischoff comes running into the room, and he looks at the Coach."

Bischoff: "What do you want Coach?"

Coach: "You uh....you sure that we've got time for this match?"

[bischoff looks as the roulette (which Coach is covering up) and shrugs, then nods his head, yes.]

Coach: "Well....well alright, then. Ladies and gentlemen, you better go take a bathroom break if you've gotta...because when we come back, Charlie Haas is going to take on Rob Conway...in a half-hour Ultimate Submission match!"

-----

30-Minute Ultimate Submission:

Rob Conway vs Charlie Haas

Because of time issues, when we returned, the match was already under way. The two young superstars kept up a good pace, despite having to wrestle for half an hour. It was a great way for the two men to showcase their skills for all of the fans who may not have seen them much before. There was (obviously) a lot of submissions, mat-wrestling, and counters. Haas took the first fall, making Conway tap out to a sharpshooter. Conway battled back and made Haas tap out to the Texas Cloverleaf. Haas locked in the Haas of Pain with five minutes left, and Conway tapped out again. With a minute left, Ric Flair ran down to the ring, and distracted Haas, allowing Conway to lock in the Texas Cloverleaf again. Haas struggled, but held on and didn't tap out as the time-limit expired. After the match, an angry Rob Conway and Ric Flair attacked Haas, with Flair putting him in the Figure Four.

-----

Match Three....What's It Gonna Be?

[The Coach is again standing next to the Roulette. This time, Muhammad Hassan and Daivari are next to him.]

Hassan: "Yeah, how about you spin that wheel, Coach? Nobody knows what kind've match it's going to be, right? No...I'll bet that's rigged. How are you doing it, Coach? You got some kinda remote or something? Because no matter what happens, I am SURE that the match isn't going to favor me. It's on the Fourth of freaken' July...ther perfect opportunity for you to try and screw me over! You can go on and on all you want about how it's random, but this looks like the perfect chance for your kind to try and screw me over....again!"

[Coach says nothing, just looking at Hassan. He then spins the wheel without looking at it, and watches as it lands on a Tables Match.]

Hassan: "A tables match? You expect me, the great Muhammad Hassan....to defend my Intercontinental Title in a Tables Match!?"

Coach: "It's um....yeah. Yeah, besides...a tables match isn't that bad...right?"

[Hassan looks at Coach, and spits on the ground, then storms off.]

-----

WWE Intercontinental Title-Tables Match:

Muhammad Hassan© vs Shelton Benjamin

Neither of these two men really thrived in a tables match, but it was still an entertaining match. It wasn't very long, due to the previous match being a long one, and the need for time for the following matches. Benjamin was in control for most of the match, and it was he who brought the table into the ring, along with a few other weapons. He had Hassan set up in the corner (against a table) for his version of the Stinger Splash, but Daivari ran in, and smacked him in the back with a chair. Hassan then got out of the corner, and set up the table. Hassan picked up Benjamin for a suplex, and Daivari went to the top. Daivari flew off with a cross-body, sending Benjamin down, and through a table. Hassan celebrated with his Title afterwards.

-----

The Highlight Reel

[Chris Jericho comes out, his music playing, to a good-sized pop. He smiles, and gets in the ring.]

Jericho: "Welcome, to RAW....IS....JERICHO! [big pop.] And welcome to the greatest talk-show in wrestling....the Highlight Reel! I'm Chris Jericho, your ever-so-talented host. Tonight we've got a guest who just recently returned to the RAW roster, after being out with a shoulder injury for a couple months. This man...claims to be the 'Legend Killer.' This man...is the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in history! And ladies and gentlemen, last week, this man left the World Heavyweight Champion down and out! Roll the footage, you monkeys!"

[A short video plays, showing Randy Orton attack Batista last week on RAW during his celebration ceremony.]

Jericho: "So, without further adue, give a warm (or not so warm) welcome to Mr. Legend Killer himself....Randy Orton!"

[Orton's music plays, and he makes his way out to lots of boos. He's wearing a suit. He poses on the entrance ramp, and gets into the ring, wearing that cocky grin that he has.]

Jericho: "Well well, Randle. Don't you look nice. You've got your little suit on...your little watch....you've got some gunk in your hair....who do you think you are, Randy? You aren't no rockstar? You don't have no band? You haven't performed in front of fifty-thousand, rabid rockers! Sure, you might be the youngest World Champion ever, but were you ever Undisputed Champion? I was the first, mind you. I beat Steve Austin and the Rock in one night! What happened in your two last matches, Randy? That's right....first you got your *** kicked by the Undertaker and WrestleMania...then you got destroyed by Batista! So, my first question for you, is what in the blue hell makes you think you can strut down the aisle, a week after attacking the champion from behind, and ask for a title shot? Because I know that's what you want, Randy, and I don't think you deserve it."

Orton: "What the hell makes me think I deserve a title shot? You've kinda spoiled this entire interview, Chris, but I'll tell you. You see Chris, I am the Legend Killer. Ric Flair...Shawn Michaels....Cactus Jack...I beat them all. So what if I lost to the Undertaker? I was injured, Chris. If I hadn't have been hurt, I would've hit the TombStone Piledriver on that piece of ****, and I would've ended his streak. The only thing dead about him, is his career. And Batista....he isn't anything. I was with him in Evolution, and I think we all know who has the better future. What I did last week was just a little bit of revenge. It won't be long before you'll be looking at a two-time Heavyweight Champion of the World."

[batista's music suddenly hits, and he makes his way out to a huge pop! He stands on the entrance ramp, smiling.]

Batista: "What the hell are you talking about, Randy? You've got your head shoved so far up your own damn *** that I can't hear what the hell you're saying! You think that you honestly deserve a title shot? I've got news for you, Randy. You aren't the only one. Infact, I'd be willing to bet the very man you're standing in the ring with wants a shot at my title. And I really don't care who I face. There's Edge, running around with that damn briefcase of his that I've got to worry about too. But I can say this...the sooner I destroy you....the better!"

[Orton looks pissed, and starts to go towards Batista, but Eric Bischoff's music hits. He makes his way out to a mixed reaction.]

Bischoff: "Now, I know that you two guys aren't exactly the best of friends, but I'll be damned if I let you two ruin MY show. Just tonight, I've had multiple superstars ask me for a title shot. And next week on RAW...they're going to get it. Because next week on RAW, we're going to see a match. It's going to be Randy Orton taking on Chris Jericho....Kurt Angle....and Edge! And it's going to be an elimination match! The winner going on to face the World Heavyweight Champion...at SummerSlam!"

[batista shrugs, while Jericho and Orton smile, as Bischoff walks off the stage.

-----

The Fourth Spin

[stephanie McMahon is standing backstage, next to the RAW Roulette. She gets a decent pop.]

McMahon: "Ladies and gentlemen, this next match is a singles contest between Chris Benoit, and Edge."

[Edge walks in with Lita.]

Edge: "What the hell are you doing here? We've got our own general manager...we don't need somebody to boss him around. I suppose you think you're going to screw me over to, don't ya? Wait a minute....the only person you've been screwing with is Triple H! [pop.] Yeah, I'll bet that this is going to be some kinda submission match or some garbage. Bischoff has tried to screw me over enough times already....just c'mon, spin the damn wheel."

[stephanie looks oddly at Edge, and spins the wheel. It lands on a "Street Fight."]

McMahon: "Think you're tough enough to handle that, Edge?"

[Edge looks irratated, but turns towards the door.]

Edge: "I already whooped Benoit's *** in a Last Man Standing match, and I'll do it here again tonight. The era of Edge is going to begin soon, and it's all going to start tonight, when I beat Chris Benoit...again. And next week...it's going to be me heading into SummerSlam as the number one contender. Bank on it."

[Edge walks out, his arm around Lita's waist.]

-----

Street Fight:

Chris Benoit vs Edge

Although their Last Man Standing match may have been slightly disappointing, this match actually exceeded the expectations. The two men were only given about thirteen minutes, and they used all of it to tell a story. Edge was clearly frightened about Benoit, and just tried not to get caught in a predicament that he would be unable to get out of. He played the cowardly heel well. There were lots of weapons involved in this one, including chairs, trash cans, and tables. Edge almost tapped out to the Crossface at one point, but he got ahold of a chain, and smacked Benoit in the face with it. At the end of the match, Benoit went to irish-whip Edge into a table in the corner. Edge reversed it though, and although Benoit stopped himself before hitting it, Edge caught him with a Spear (through the table) as Benoit turned around. Edge covered, and got the pinfall. He celebrated with his briefcase after the match, as Benoit looked upset, having dropped three in a row to Edge.

-----

"We Pay the Price...with a Spin of a Wheel with a Roll of a Dice..."

[Eric Bischoff is standing backstage, next to the roulette.]

Bischoff: "Well ladies and gentlemen, it's been quite an evening for RAW. So far you've seen a street fight, a tables match, a cage match, and an ultimate submission match! It doesn't seem like it would be possible to top those choices with our main event, does it? We're going to have to find out.]

[Kurt Angle walks in.]

Angle: "Hey, Mister Bischoff. I just came in here to congratulate you on having such an excellent idea for RAW. You really are doing whatever you can to help the brand. [Angle extends his hand, Bischoff takes it.]

Bischoff: "Why...why thank you, Kurt. I have to agree."

Angle: "But at the same time, I have to tell these fans to be prepared. They need to be prepared for what they're going to see up next. Because you see, I'm not going to go out there and just wrestle Booker T. I'm going to go out there, and I'm going to destroy him. I'm an Olympic Gold Medalist. Booker T. won five WCW Titles? Well whoop-dee-freaken-doo. I beat his *** for that WCW Title when he came here into WWE. And tonight, I'm going to wish he never showed his face here on RAW."

[bischoff nods, and rolls the wheel. It lands on an I Quit match! The crowd pops, as Angle smirks and walks out the door.]

-----

I Quit Match:

Kurt Angle vs Booker T.

This was a very good main event, one of Booker T.'s best matches in a long while. These two really looked like they absolutely hated eachother. There weren't a ton of weapons used, but those that were used were used well. The two men brawled all around the arena, near the announce table, and on even on the stage. In the end though, both men wound up battling in the ring. Booker T. hit Angle in the gut with a chair, and went for the Scissors Kick, but Angle ducked, and grabbed Booker T.'s foot. He pulled Booker into the middle of the ring, and locked in the Ankle Lock. Booker got to the ropes, but Angle didn't let go (no disqualifications) and pulled him back in the center, where he wrapped his leg around Booker's to keep him from escaping. After struggling or nearly a minute, Booker T. eventually said the words "I Quit." However, this didn't stop Angle. He went out of the ring, grabbed a steel-chair, and began destroying Booker's ankle. He then locked in the Ankle Lock again. Officials came down to the ring to try and seperate him, but Angle kept them away. Finally, just after Booker T. passed out, some music hit, and the fans erupted. SHAWN MICHAELS ran out, and hit the ring, causing Angle to drop the hold, and run out, up the ramp. Officials restrained him, and checked on Booker T. as HBK stood in the ring.

-----

JR: "Shawn Michaels! Shawn Michaels has returned! But it appears he was too late...Booker T. looks hurt! We're out of time folks, thanks for making this Fourth of July a memorable one!"

[The show ends (about 15 minutes past 11:00) with HBK staring down Angle, while Angle looked pissed.]

-----

Quick Results:

-Monsters Inc© def. Justice League (75)

-Charlie Haas def. Rob Conway (72)

-Muhammad Hassan© def. Shelton Benjamin (79)

-Edge def. Chris Benoit (81)

-Kurt Angle def. Booker T. (78)

Overall Show Rating: 78

IPB Image

WWE Smackdown! Results for July 7th

Taped from Sacramento, California (8,048 in Attendance)

[A video of last weeks Kane/Basham Brothers handicapped match are shown. It shows a few clips of Kane destroying both men and then it shows JBL interfering and hitting the Clothesline From Hell on Kane. The video ends with Kane damaging The Cabinet's limo and then driving out of the arena with it. The Smackdown! video and music follows up and a spectacular red, white and blue pyro display goes off in the arena. .]

COLE-Welcome to WWE Smackdown! I'm Michael Cole alongside Tazz and Tazz, as we just saw again Kane has finally had enough of JBL and actually kidnapped the entire Cabinet. Do you think the old Kane that The Undertaker has been begging for is back?

TAZZ-I dunno Cole. Anyone would get pissed off at JBL if he was putting them through the same stuff he's puttin' Kane through. What has got my mind boggling is that Paul Heyman was in our GM's office last week!

COLE-Yeah. Who knows why he was back on Smackdown! last week with our General Manager.

[Foley's music plays and the GM makes his way out wearing an Uncle Sam type costume. The fans cheer for him as he enters the ring.]

FOLEY-You know, Eric Bischoff is quite a man. Not everyone can hold something like the RAW Roulette or Taboo Tuesday. But not everyone has to hold things like that to draw in fans! Over on Smackdown!, we don't need any Roulette to attract the fans and we don't need fans voting for what they want because Smackdown! delivers just that only better! And unlike RAW, we don't show our appreciation for America only on the Fourth of July. That is why I am wearing this outfit, to show that it doesn't have to be a special holiday to wish all the American citizens the best. But that's not quite why I am out here in Sac-ra-mento [Cheap Pop]! The reason I am out here has to do with...Kane. As you all know, he stole JBL's limo while JBL and his Cabinet were inside it. I have yet to hear from any of them and I have no idea where they are but-

[Foley is interupted as the TitanTron cuts to a darkened, outside area. The camera pans to the left to reveal the front drivers side of JBL's limo. It then starts panning from front to back until it ends up on Kane, who is holding a chain.]

KANE-Is this the kind of things you wanted me to do Taker? Mick? EVERYONE else? I'm sure JBL didn't want me to change. But don't worry, because this is only a small amount of my changing. You couldn't just accept me for who I was. You couldn't accept that I actually had a heart. Instead of letting me be my own, everyone wanted me to change into something I used to be! And do you see what happens if I become that again? You risk the health of your precious wrestlers!

[Kane starts walking to the front of the limo.]

KANE-I'm io a state of mind now that I don't even know what I'm going to do with these pathetic so-called wrestlers. The fans don't want to see them wrestle, so why don't I just send the limo off a cliff [Fans Cheer]?!? Or how about I set the limo on fire? Or I could even let them out and just beat the holy living hell out of them! The question isn't what am I going to do. It's what am I CAPABLE of doing!

[Kane takes his fist and punches through the drivers window. He then reaches in and presses a button to roll down the window at the rear of the limo a little bit. Kane then walks to the back of the limo again where the window is slightly open.]

JBL-Let us out of here you sick son of a bitch! I swear if you don't you'll be sorry at The Great American Bash!

KANE-Ha ha ha! You're forgetting one thing. That's only if you MAKE it there!

[Kane walks back up to the front of the limo and gets into the drivers seat. He speeds off as the back window closes. The camera cuts back to the ring where Foley has seemed to lost his fun. He takes off the hat he was wearing and slam it to the mat and then leaves the ring.]

COLE-Oh my God! Kane is just going too far! JBL isn't one of my favorite wrestlers but no one deserves whatever Kane is going to do to him and The Cabinet!

TAZZ-That's just it, Cole. We have no idea what is goin' through Kane's mind. The only person who would know is his brothuh.

91%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Tag Match

Matt Morgan & Luther Reigns [vs] Shannon Moore & Scotty 2 Hotty

[A good match to build up Morgan and Reigns as a dominating team, but not too good of a match qaulity wise. The match didn't last more than seven minutes, and the time that Moore and Scotty weren't getting beaten up they were on their backs. Anyways, Reigns won the match for his team after nailing the Reign Of Terror on Moore.]

66%

-----

[The camera cuts to the backstage area where we see Christian in a locker room. As he is putting stuff in his area Carlito walks up to him.]

CARLITO-Hey man...I want to talk to you about our match in a few weeks...You see, it's cool that our match will determine a number one contender. But what isn't cool is that I know that you are going to try to cheat to defeat me...But I don't blame you for not being able to beat me...The thing I want to talk to you about is adding another stipulation to the match.

CHRISTIAN-And what's that? A hair versus hair match too? Because I would shave what ever is on top of your head for free.

CARLITO-That's funny man, but not cool...Ever since you came to Smackdown!, you have been hogging the spotlight by putting Carlito's Cabana on the shelf...And dat's not cool...So if you think you can defeat Carlito, then lets put your Sleep Show on the line...If you beat me at Great American Bash, then you can no longer have the Sleep Show on Smackdown!. But if I win, then you can have it all you want.

CHRISTIAN-After hearing what you have to say I have come up with two things to say myself. One, it's the PEEP Show. And it is cooler than you can ever dream of being. And two...I accept your little challenge. Just make sure you don't cry too much after I lay you out and beat you.

CARLITO-I won't be the one on the mat. It will be a repeat from last week when you were down on it. And dat's cool, like Carlito...Caribbean...Cool!

[Carlito turns around to walk away, but instead pulls an apple out. He takes a bite, chews it, turns back around and spits it in Christian's face. He then leaves the locker room.]

78%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

[We return from the break and are shown inside a room with some tables set up with food on them. We see Big Show piling up a bunch of food on a plate. A staff member walks up behind him waiting to get food for himself and when he sees the amount of food Show has, he begins to chuckle a little. Show turns around and looks at him.]

SHOW-What's so funny?

STAFF-[Still Chuckling]Nothing. It's just I guess Simon Dean was right about you.

SHOW-What the hell's that supposed to mean?

STAFF-The fact that you ARE the fattest and slobbiest wrestler on Smackdown!. No, in the entire WWE.

SHOW-Excuse me? In case you haven't noticed DOWN THERE, I'm seven feet tall and FIVE hundred pounds!

STAFF-Is that supposed to make Simon Dean wrong? Because you are still a fat piece of crap that is waste of time on Smackdown!.

SHOW-Are you new around here? Do you not know when to keep your mouth shut? Besides, the legendary Andre The Giant was just like me.

STAFF-Yeah, but the difference is Andre was a legend. You're nothing but a waste of space and you will never amount to anything Andre has ever done.

[Show drops his plate and grabs the staff member by the throat. He then tosses him onto the table with the food and slides him down it. He then picks the staff member up and slams him into a wall.]

69%

-----

Normal Singles Match

Simon Dean [vs] Val Venis

[Not a wrestling spectacular but a good match nonetheless. Dean had his fellow System members at ringside with him along with his Simon System bag. Venis put his best effort into the match and really got the crowd into it. But, he just couldn't handle being in basically a 3-on-1 handicapped match. Kazarian distracted the ref when Venis hit the fisherman suplex to Dean and Swinger got into the ring and threw some of the protein powder in his eyes. He then nailed the Swing Thing and put Dean on top. Kazarian got off the apron and the ref counted the pinfall for Dean.]

70%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

[We return from the break with the sound of Rene Dupree's music playing. He walks out on the ramp with the French flag in his hand, but he puts it down. He walks behind the curtain and walks back out with an American flag with an X spray painted over it on both sides. The crowd naturally booed him as he walked out with the flag and got into the ring.]

DUPREE-Fermer l'enfer en haut vous idiots! The French Phenom has once again returned whether you like it or not to say that you people make me sick! You celebrate this July fourth like it is some great holiday but you don't know the truth. It isn't some holiday you should celebrate. It is one you should be disgusted with as much as I am! That is the day that was a stepping stone in making the United States what they are today! And you all still think America is great. America is the only place where celebrities can have tapes of sexual intercourse put out for sale, where celebrities can do what they please with children and not get punished, and where a President thinks war is the best way to solve things! Il me dégoûte au delà de la conviction! Yet you are all blinded. You only care about yourselves and the only way to make you fools care about others is to have terrorists come into the country and take action! And when that happens the country starts thinking all people of that culture must be terrorists! Why do you think I haven't been given a fair chance on Smackdown!? Because I am French! Mais le repos a assuré, I will climb to the top of Smackdown! and then you all will appreciate me and France!

[Dupree begins waving the flag as the fans boo. Then Hardcore Holly's music plays abd he walks out. He picks up the French flag from the stage and walks down the ramp and slides into the ring. Dupree tries attacking him but Holly just nails him in his gut with the flag. Then he swings it and nails Dupree's back. The French Phenom falls to the mat and drags himself out of the ring. Holly takes the French flag and snaps the pole over his knee. The fans somewhat cheer at this.]

77%

-----

[After Holly snaps the French flag over his knee, the camera cuts to the back where we see Chavo warming up for his match. The crowd begins to boo as they see Eddie walk up behind him.[

EDDIE-Orale holmes! It feels good to be back with my real familia again! And tonight I am glad that you are my nephew because you have a chance to go out there and make yourself into a star like your uncle!

CHAVO-Don't worry Eddie. By the end of the night John Cena will have some fight left in him just so you don't beat him to easily and take his title away like last time. And after I win that Cruiserweight title from that joke Paul London, Los Guerreros will once again be champions! And we could even go after the tag titles to prove that we are the strongest people here on Smackdown!!

EDDIE-That's what I like to hear, esse! I'm going to be there at ringside just to make sure that John Cena doesn't screw you over like I've been screwed over ever since losing my WWE title. So Chavito, go out there and make the Guerrero familia proud of you!

[Chavo and Eddie hug before Chavo leaves. A few seconds after he does John Cena walks up behind Eddie. Eddie turns around to walk away but stops once he sees Cena.]

CENA-Yo. You honestly think your puney little nephew can beat John Cena? Just like at The Bash, I'll be announced the winnah'! Both you and him are one in the same. Both yall had your fifteen seconds of fame! Just think, in a couple weeks it'll be your anniversary. One year since you lost this title and cried to the nursery! Like I already said Latino Heat. In a few weeks you're gonna get your *** beat!-

EDDIE-You think your funny vato? You think you are talented just because you can rap? Well I have a rap for you esse....At The Great American Bash, I'm going to walk out with my hand raised. And after that is done your career is going to fade. Because when Eddie Guerrero once again becomes the best WWE champion in history, nobody will want to listen to a white trash, rapping wannabe. You're nothing but a waste of space, and in a few weeks Eddie Guerrero will walk out of the arena with that wrapped around his waist! I'll see you at The Great American Bash, esse. Maybe by then you will get out of rhyming crap.

[Eddie walks past Cena, bumping shoulders as he does.]

93%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Singles Match

D-Von Dudley w/ Bubba Ray [vs] Joey Mercury w/ Johnny Nitro & Melina Perez

[An okay match considering both aren't really singles competitors in the WWE. Nitro and Melina kept trying to get involved any way possible, but Bubba did a good job at keeping them out of the ring. D-Von hit a brutal Super Neckbreaker on Mercury that almost had the match won for him, but Nitro pulled the ref right out of the ring and to the outside mats. Afterwards he grabbed a table from under the ring and set it up inside the ring. Bubba then got into the ring and began duking it out with Nitro. Mercury sent D-Von to the outside after a clothesline over the ropes and went over to help Nitro. Both began taking down Bubba and then sent him into the ropes. He came back and MNM delivered a flapjack to him right through the table. Then they dragged him out of the ring and Mercury layed down on the broken table and acted like he was out cold. Nitro shook the ref and then tossed him back into the ring. He slowly woke back up and saw Mercury through the table and called for the bell.]

71%

----------

COMMERCIAL-We are shown the video of Kane with JBL's limo from earlier in the night.

----------

Normal Non-Title Singles Match

John Cena [vs] Chavo Guerrero w/ Eddie Guerrero

[Very surprised at how good the match was. Especially excited now that Eddie and Cena should be able to put on a much better match if Chavo and Cena can wrestle as good a match as this one. Instead of having Cena completely dominate the match like what would have happened most likely, Chavo was given a fair shot and Eddie made little interferances. Chavo even had Cena in a deathlock STF submission. Cena eventually pulled the win out after reversing a huricanrana attempt into an F-U. After the match Eddie got into the ring, but instead of attacking Cena he helped Chavo up and out of the ring.]

81%

-----

[The camera then cut to the TitanTron again where we are shown JBL's limo, only this time it is crashed into a truck with the front end smashed. The camera zooms out a little and we see The Cabinet with some cuts and a little bit of blood on their faces smiling. ]

JBL-Looks like you won't be making it to The Great American Bash, you bastard. Let's get out of here before anyone comes and finds us.

[JBL and his Cabinet walk away from the limo at a fast pace. The camera moves over to the front passenger side and all of a sudden the window shatters and a bloody hand emerges from it.]

COLE-What the hell happened?

TAZZ-Looks like Kane needs some drivin' lessons, Cole. Maybe you could teach him how to drive stick.

COLE-Tazz this is serious! That's all the time we have tonight! Make sure to tune in to Velocity this Saturday at its new time, 6/5 Central. I can't believe what happened here.

76%

----------

Quick Results

Matt Morgan & Luther Reigns def. Shannon Moore & Scotty 2 Hotty

Simon Dean def. Val Venis

Joey Mercury def. D-Von Dudley

John Cena def. Chavo Guerrero

Overall Smackdown! Rating-75%

----------

Can't really get into a groove for SD!. Hopefully after The Bash things will get good.

IPB Image

July 9th, 2005

Akio def. Tajiri via pinfall in the opening match of Velocity's new timeslot. Both men put on a good match. Akio caught Tajiri's foot when he went for the Kick Of Death and delivered an STO type move to him, followed by a Corkscrew 450 Splash for the win.-79%

In the back, Tajiri ran into Torrie. Tajiri stated talking to Torrie and telling her that he wants her to manage him again, but Torrie refused because of last time. Before she walked away he told her that he was sorry.-69%

Scotty 2 Hotty & Shannon Moore def. The Basham Brothers via pinfall. The Bashams almost had the match won, but Kane's pyro going off distracted them long enough for Scotty to hit the bulldog and Worm to Doug. Shannon finished him off with a legdrop from the middle rope.-71%

A Smackdown Rebound video of Kane's actions three days ago was played. First of him outside of the limo talking and the other of the limo smashed with The Cabinet walking away and Kane's bloody hand shattering another window as he was inside still.-75%

Nunzio def. Garrison Cade via pinfall. Cade missed a Top Rope Elbow Drop and Nunzio took the advantage and rolled Cade up in a majistral cradle as he was getting up from his hands and knees.-71%

Another Smackdown! Rebound video aired. This one of Dupree's speech to the crowd about the Fourth of July and Holly interupting.-70%

Rene Dupree def. Eugene Dinsmore via DQ. Dupree had Eugene up for the DVD, but Eugene countered into a crossface. Dupree made it to the ropes and as he did, Eugene started screaming. After he was done he refused to let go of the hold so the ref disqaulified him. Holly came running out and got into the ring and got Eugene to break the hold, but he was soon a victim of a Stunner.-79%

Overall Rating-69%

Daivari def. Steven Richards via pinfall in a pretty good match to start off with. The former ROH Alumni (Daivari) is actually fairly good in the ring. Not great, but good. He won with by rolling up Richards & grabbing his tights. (58)

A video was played showing Eric Bischoff announcing the fatal-four-way elimination match between Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, and Edge. (84)

Christy Hemme came out, and shot some t-shirts into the crowd in a bikini for a filler segment. (67)

Chris Masters def. Mark Jindrak via submission in a poor match. Jindrak couldn't carry Masters, and Masters couldn't carry Jindrak. They brawled for a bit, until Masters ducked a clothesline, and locked in the Masterlock for the tap-out. (53)

A video was played, showing Kurt Angle making Booker T. say "I Quit" last week, and continuing the assault afterwards. It then showed Shawn Michaels returning to save Booker T! It was said that an update on Booker's health would be given on RAW. (98)

William Regal came out, and cut a promo, talking about how even though he's not American, he loves the country. Kenzo Suzuki then came out, and said that he "wuvs America" too, and challenged Regal to a match. (72)

William Regal def. Kenzo Suzuki via pinfall in an excellent match. The crowd wasn't into it as much as they should've been, because it really was good. Lots of near-falls, and reversals. Suzuki seemed motivated here. Eventually Regal caught him with a butterfly suplex, and pinned him for the win. (68)

WWE RAW Results

IPB Image

[After the opening video plays, the pyros go off, and the camera goes around the arena. The camera comes to rest on the announce booth, where the recognizable faces of RAW's announce team rest.]

JR: "Good evening fans, and welcome to Monday Night RAW! I'm Jim Ross, and sitting next to me is Jerry, 'The King, Lawler."

King: "Tonight's going to be a huge night JR, we're going to see a new number-one contender crowned!"

JR: "That's right, it's going to be a four-way elimination match between Edge, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, and Kurt Angle!"

King: "Who's your pick for that, JR? I'm going with Kurt Angle myself. He's an Olympic Gold Medalist!"

JR: "Yes, but I'm not sure if he's focusing that much on the match, King. If I were him, I'd be worrying about Shawn Michaels!"

King: "Kurt's a true professional JR, you can throw Shawn Michaels in there, and he'd beat him too, just like at WrestleMania!"

-----

Destiny Awaits

[Randy Orton's theme music hit, and he made his way out onto the entrance ramp, wearing a suit and a tie. He had a microphone with him.]

Orton: "Tonight...tonight you fans will witness another chapter in a legacy. Another chapter, in MY legacy. I've done a lot of things already in my career, you know. I've defeated legends such as Shawn Michaels, and Mick Foley. I've had one of the longest Intercontinental Title reigns in years. And last year, at SummerSlam, I became the youngest World Heavyweight Champion of all-time, after I pinned Chris Benoit, 1....2....3. [pause.] But then...but then something went wrong. You see, I didn't expect Triple H to turn his back on me. I didn't expect to be kicked out of Evolution. It was this shock...that cost me my title. I shouldn't have lost that title! I deserved more, I was going to bring prestige to that title! But it didn't happen."

[Orton looks around, and soaks in the boos.]

Orton: "Tonight, I'll be in for one of the toughest matches in my career. I'll be up against a tag-team legend, in Edge. I'll be facing an Olympic Gold Medalist in Kurt Angle. And I'll be facing the first Undisputed Champion, Chris Jericho. [cheers.] You I don't really give a damn. I don't care who the hell I'm up against. You can put me in the ring with anybody you please, and I'll come out on top. Tonight, I'm going to win this elimination match. And at SummerSlam...I'm going to win the World Heavyweight Championship!"

[Orton doesn't leave, he merely goes over to the announce booth. Viscera's music then plays, and he comes out for his match.]

-----

Singles Match:

Batista vs Viscera

Even though Batista's size advantage over Viscera isn't that great, this was a squash. Viscera got in a few moves in the early going, but eventually Batista got pissed off, and began pounding away on Viscera. He caught Viscera with an incredibly stiff clothesline, and Big Vis looked out of it. Batista then whipped Viscera into the ropes, and Viscera went for a clothesline. Batista ducked, and hit a Spinebuster! He pinned Viscera, but pulled up his shoulder at two. He then pointed towards Orton and the announce booth, and picked up Viscera. He then proceeded to hit Viscera with the Batista Bomb! He pinned Viscera, and got the three-count. Batista and Orton had a stare-down after the match.

-----

A Stipulation Added

[Ric Flair is shown in the back, arguing with Eric Bischoff.]

Flair: "Listen, Eric, I don't give a damn about what your job is! I don't care who the hell you are! I'm just saying that you don't go making decisions like this without first coming and talking to me! I'm the 'Nature Boy,' Eric. I'm a sixteen-time World Champion! Do you know what that means? I'm not facing some...punk here tonight!"

[bischoff looks flustered, but before he can say anything, Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin appear. They laugh at Flair.]

Benjamin: "What man....you scared to wrestle me? Scared that I'll beat you, Ric?"

Flair: "Ric? Who the hell gave you permission to call me Ric? I'm 'Mr. Flair' or 'Mr. Nature Boy,' you little punk. You better watch your damn mouth around here. And for the record, no...no I'm not scared of you. I mean...who the hell are you? I've won more championships than you've had women! And I've had more women than you've had championships! I am a living legend, kid. You don't mess with the Nature Boy."

Benjamin: "So you're saying you can beat me then? [Flair nods.] You saying that you can beat the World's Greatest Tag Team? [Flair nods.]"

Haas: "Alright....so how about if Shelton here beats you tonight...I get a match with you next week?"

Flair: "You little boys know who you're messing with? I've always been a bit of a gambler, and I'll take you up on your little challenge. But if I win, you'll never get a match with me....ever again!"

[Haas nods, and smiles. Flair laughs, and goes to leave, but he gets in Benjamin's face. He lets out a "wooo!" before leaving the room.]

-----

WWE Intercontinental Title:

Muhammad Hassan© vs The Hurricane

Pretty good match from Hassan, his ring work has improved quite a bit since we first saw him. Although the Hurricane is a much smaller wrestler, he did get in a good amount of offense, which seemed to make Hassan angry. Hurricane ran circles around him in this match, until one minor slip-up caused Hassan to get the advantage. Hurricane went for an enziguri, but Hassan caught his foot, and sent Hurricane crashing to the mat. Hassan was then in control for the rest of the match. He sent Hurricane into the ropes, and although Hurricane lept over his crouched figure, Hassan spun around and hit a modified STO. He then locked in the Camel Clutch, and forced the Hurricane to tap out.

-----

The Intercontinental Championship

[When RAW returns from a commercial break, Muhammad Hassan and Daivari are in Eric Bischoff's office.]

Hassan: "As you can see, Mister Bischoff, I have successfully defended my Intercontinental Championship three weeks in a row. I've beaten Steven Richards, I've beaten Shelton Benjamin, and now I've beaten the Hurricane."

Bischoff: "Yes, well.....what's your point?"

Hassan: "My point? My point is that I am quickly becoming one of the greatest Intercontinental Champions of all-time. Yes, soon Muhammad Hassan's name will be written down next to...no, ABOVE that of such legends as Bret Hart, Mister Perfect, Shawn Micheaels, and the Rock. I will surpass them all, Eric Bischoff, and there's nothing you or these fans can do to stop me. Hell...I don't know if you've forgotten or not, but I am STILL undefeated here on RAW! So, Eric, my question for you is simple. You've got an elimination match this week for the number-one contendership to the World Heavyweight Title. But what about the Intercontinental Title? I am making the Intercontinental Title just as important as the World's Title, and I want to know who I'll be beating at SummerSlam."

[Chris Benoit and Rob Conway enter the room, and looks at Hassan.]

Benoit: "Who you'll be beating at SummerSlam? How do you know you'll even make it to SummerSlam? You said it yourself...you're a fighting champion. So how about you defend that title against me next week on RAW?"

Conway: "Wait a minute...Muhammad's going to defend the title against me! I should've won the ultimate submission match last week!"

[Hassan looks suprised, and he shakes his head.]

Hassan: "Actually, I was going to ask Eric here if I could....if I could have next week off, you know?"

[Hassan looks to Bischoff, who merely nods.]

Bischoff: "Alright, Muhammad.....you can have next week off. Go ahead. [Hassan smiles.] But when you come back in two weeks, you better be ready to observe. Because LIVE on RAW in two weeks, we're going to see an over the top-rope battle royal to determine who faces Muhammad Hassan at SummerSlam!"

[Hassan looks shocked, and he spits on the ground before leaving.]

-----

Some Words From the Booker Man

["Can you Dig It...Sucka?" Booker T.'s music plays, and he makes his way down to the ring. His lower leg is in a cast, and he's on crutches. He rolls in the ring, and grabs a microphone.]

Booker: "Yo....I don' think I need to do any explainin' for you fans to know what happened to me. You guys can see. Over the past couple months, I've been feuding with Kurt Angle. Now, Kurt's a damn good wrestla', but I like to think that I'm pretty good too. But I guess I wasn't good enough. I begged for a match with Kurt, and I got it....I got an I Quit Match. Now I was thinkin' to myself....'dog...that Kurt Angle...he aint gonna quit, is he?' And no...I guess he didn't. But I did. He got me in that Angle Lock of his, and no matter how hard I struggled, I knew there was no otha' place for me to go. And so I quit. I tapped out, and I said the words. I quit."

[booker looks down at his Ankle, and frowns.]

Booker: "But Kurt didn'. No, he felt the need to hold on. He felt the need, to pull on my damn ankle until he felt it pop! And that's what it did. Last week, Kurt Angle broke my damn ankle. Now, you guys know that if you take my legs away from me, I aint got much. The Scissa's kick uses both legs, man. So what I came out here for, was to thank you fans. Thanks for cheerin' for me, and for chantin' my name. I'm gonna be out for two months, the docta's say. And I'm gonna do some thinkin' during those two months. But I can garuntee you that when I come back, I'll be better than I have EVER been before. Now can you dig that-"

[booker lets the fans finish for him, as he slowly leaves the ring, and we head to a commercial.]

-----

Singles Match:

Ric Flair vs Shelton Benjamin

Just like all of their previous matches together, this was a fun match. Flair and Benjamin went at it on the mat for quite a while, and Flair (just like in his match with Haas) showed everybody that he can still "go." Benjamin was in control though, using his amatuer wrestling backround to get one up on the "Nature Boy." Flair eventually got mad, and he started brawling, using his recognizable move-set. He sent Benjamin into the corner, and hit him with a series of chops. The two brawled around for a bit, until Flair suddenly seemed distracted. Charlie Haas came out on the entrance ramp, and Flair stared...which allowed Benjamin to roll him up from behind! The ref. counted to three, Haas gets Flair next week!

-----

Bank on It!

[Edge and Lita are shown backstage...making out. Todd Grisham approaches them, and taps Edge on the shoulder.]

Grisham: "Um.....Edge?"

[Edge and Lita stop what they're doing, and look at Grisham."

Edge: "What the hell do you want, kid?"

Grisham: "I was er...did you ask for an interview?"

Edge: "I didn't ask for no interview...[Edge looks at Todd funny, and Grisham starts to leave.] But hey, hold on a minute. You know, I may not have asked for an interview, but I'll give you one. I suppose you want to know my thoughts on the number-one contender's match up next? [Grisham nods.] Well Todd, lemme tell ya. I'm going to be going into the ring with three other men...three other athletes. But you know what the difference is between me and all those other men? They've all been champions. They don't have the NEED to be Champion like I do. They've done it before, they know what's it like. I don't, Todd, and I want to know the feeling. So tonight, I'm going to go out there, and I'm going to beat them all. Bank on it!"

[Grisham nods, and leaves, as Edge and Lita kiss again. Kurt Angle then suddenly walks up to Edge, and taps him on the shoulder.]

Angle: "Hey uh...you see that Grisham kid around here? I asked him for an interview...that little punk."

[Edge laughs, and breaks away from Lita again.]

Edge: "That little idiot....I thought it was kinda wierd when he just showed up. He was here, but there's no time now. I used your little interview time, Kurt."

[Angle looks mad, and he shakes his head and walks away.]

-----

Four-Man Elimination Match for the #1 Contendership:

Edge vs Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho

This match was excellent, a great main event for RAW. These four guys gave it their all, and since their were four guys in there with various talents, they could all hide eachother's weaknesses. Chris Jericho was the first man to go, after Edge caught him with a Spear. He did manage to get some revenge though, as he tripped up Edge in the corner minutes later, allowing Orton to nail him with a RKO and pin him. Speaking of Orton, he looked to be in decent shape, and didn't show much ring rust. Angle and Orton then went at it, and proceeded to put on quite a good match by themselves. After a couple minutes or action, the referee was sent down when Angle crashed into him in the corner. Angle went outside, and grabbed a chair. He entered the ring, and prepared to strike Orton with it, but Shawn Michaels appeared, tapped Angle on the shoulder, and kicked him in the face! Michaels grabbed the chair, and slid out of the ring. Orton then got up, and taunted Angle, who rose slowly. He got up behind him, and went for an RKO, but Angle reversed, looking for an Angle Slam...Orton got out, and this time he connected with the RKO! He pinned Angle, 1....2....3!

-----

JR: "Orton! Orton! Randy Orton is the number one contender! It's going to be Orton...Batista....at SummerSlam...for the World Heavyweight Title!"

[The show ends with Orton posing over Angle, as Shawn Michaels looked at Angle on the outside.]

-----

Quick Results:

-Batista def. Viscera (61)

-Muhammad Hassan def. The Hurricane (77)

-Shelton Benjamin def. Ric Flair (81)

-Randy Orton def. Kurt Angle, Edge, Chris Jericho (89)

Overall Show Rating: 80

IPB Image

WWE Smackdown! Results for July 14th

Taped from Worcester, Massachusetts (9,005 in Attendance)

[We are shown a video of the actions between Kane and The Cabinet from last week and the week before. First it shows Kane damaging JBL's limo and then kidnapping The Cabinet by driving the limo out of the arena. Then it cuts to the clip of Kane with the limo parked outside from last week. The video ends with The Cabinet walking away from the limo and the video going to a shade of grey as Kane's hand shatters and emerges from the window of the limo. The Smackdown! video and music then rolls and the pyros go off.]

COLE-Welcome to Smackdown! from Worcester, Massachusetts! Tonight is packed with action, from MNM defending their tag titles against Rey Mysterio to Christian facing Nunzio in the main event!

TAZZ-Don't forget about Danny Basham stepping into the ring with Val Venis, Cole.

COLE-Speaking of which, tonight we and everyone else is expecting to hear what happened last week when JBL's limo crashed into a truck, leaving Kane inside it and JBL and his Cabinet walking away with only cuts and bruises!

TAZZ-I don't think people wanna to know what happened, I think they wanna see what Kane is gonna do after his first plan backfired!

[The bells start ringing and JBL's music begins to play, and The Cabinet make their way out in a regular rented car, with JBL driving! All four men get out of the car with some bandages on their heads and they get into the ring. JBL gets a mic and the crowd boo's him.]

JBL-In case you haven't noticed, I nearly got killed last week, along with my Chief Of Staff and Secretaries Of Defense, by that sick idiot. So you all better show us some damn respect [Crowd Boo's]! You boo us now, but without us Smackdown! would be nothing! Without us all you would have is a white boy who thinks he is from the hood, a Spiderman wannabe hopping all over the place, someone who only got into the WWE because he is someone's nephew, wrestlers who can barely speak English, and that's not the bottom of the barrel! If Kane had succeeded with his little plan last week, The Wrestling God wouldn't be able to grace you with his presence [Crowd Cheers & Boos]! You think that would be a good thing? If I wasn't here tonight? You want to know what that sick bastards idea of fun is? He was going to take that damn truck and smash it into MY limo while we were still inside it! You see the cuts on my hand? That's from breaking the window and trying to take control of the limo and fight off Kane at the same time! That is how my limo crashed into the truck and why we were forced to rent a car from this wasteland! You people must mess with the cars so that they break down easier and more often just so you can make more money because we barely made it to the arena tonight! And what is worse is I have to drive myself around town! It's going to take at least two weeks to get a new custom built limo and a new driver! Kane, wherever the hell you are, you better get a checkbook to pay for those damages because if you don't, we will personally find you and deposit an *** kicking!

[As JBL finishes up his sentance, Kane's pyro goes off and his music begins to play. A few seconds go by and a midget comes out dressed up like Kane. He has the walk and the facial expression down very good. He climbs up the stairs and climbs between the middle and bottom rope into the ring. The midget goes into the middle of the ring and The Cabinet back away from him.The midget raises his arms up and slams them down, but no pyro goes off. He does it again and this time a small amount of fire shoots from the corners.]

JBL-Kane, you better...Wait. Let me sink down to your level.

[JBL gets down on both of his knees and puts the mic back to his lips.]

JBL-Now...Kane, you better watch yourself. I don't want to do something I may regret...There's something different about you Kane. Did you get a new hair cut? No, that's not it...I know. You finally decided to stop hiding behind that disguise and show what you really look like! But to be honest, I would rather look at you in your costume rather than the thing that is supposed to be your real face.

[The midget Kane grabs JBL by the throat and JBL pretends that he is being choked. Jordan grabs the midget and holds him. JBL runs to the ropes and nails a Clothesline From Hell onto the midget, making him flip inside out onto his back. After the small assault, The Cabinet leaves the ring and get into the car, and JBL drives to the back as we head to a commercial break.]

79%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Singles Match

Garrison Cade [vs] Tajiri

[A good match from Tajiri after his loss to Akio last week on Velocity. Even though Cade was the bigger man, Tajiri basically schooled him. Cade did get Tajiri down after a snap suplex and he even went to the top rope, but Tajiri made it back to his feet and nailed a modified Kick Of Death, sending Cade to the outside to be counted out.]

72%

-----

[The camera cuts to the back in General Manager Mick Foley's office as we return, where we see The Dudleys and MNM arguing.]

NITRO-You had your chance last week! It isn't our fault that people like us are smarter and more educated than people like you!

BUBBA-Smartah than us? You cheated by puttin' D-Von through a table and then pretendin' that he put you through it!

MERCURY-Excuse me. But you are the team who is cowardly enough that you used to put defenseless women through tables! You are the team who use the table as your trademark! Unlike you, MNM's trademark is Melina, Nitro, and Mercury!

FOLEY-Hey, hey, hey! Settle down! Me and Mr. Socko have been thinking about what happened last week. I have some good news and bad news for all four, or five, of you. The good news is the decision from last week will NOT be changed, but at The Great American Bash fans will see Johnny Nitro face Bubba Ray Dudley in a table match!

D-VON-Oh testify my brothah! At The Great American Bash, be prepared to make a stop into Dudleyville!

BUBBA-And keep your bitch away from the ring unless you want her to eat some of our wood!

[The Dudleyz exit the GM's office and MNM turn back to Foley.]

NITRO-What the hell is the bad news?

FOLEY-I didn't save any money on my car insurance.

[MNM look disgusted at their GM and leave to get ready for their match.]

88%

-----

[We then cut to the make-up area where Torrie is getting some make-up put on her.]

TORRIE-It's not that I don't like him, it's just the history between us would just make things too akward.

[Tajiri walks up with a small boquet of flowers.]

TAJIRI-Torrie...These..are for...you...to show you...that I am...soddy...about what happened...last time.

TORRIE-Oh Tajiri! They're beautiful! Thank you!

[Torrie leans over and gives Tajiri a small kiss on the cheek. After she does Tajiri gets a big smile on his face and runs away like he is about to pee his pants from excitement.]

MAKE-UP ARTIST-That's sweet of him. Especially considering the last time you were with him he was ordering you around. You think that you'll go back with him?

TORRIE-I don't know. Flowers can't fix the embarassment he put me through.

73%

-----

Normal Tag Match for the WWE Tag Team Championships

MNM© [vs] Rey Mysterio & Eugene Dinsmore

[A pretty good tag match. Mysterio put MNM over a little to show that they are a fierce tag team. Dinsmore did pretty good in the match too and he didn't get any head problems during the beginning or middle. But near the end he started getting them. At this point Mysterio had Nitro down after a huricanrana and he was working on Mercury. Melina got onto the apron (after Eugene's head problem) and began talking to Eugene in a sexy way. He went over to her, grabbed her and started to slip her the tongue as he started grabbing her ***. Melina broke free and jumped off the apron finally. Mysterio nailed a 619 on Mercury and jumped onto the ropes for the West Coast Pop, but Eugene ran at him and jumped into the air and nailed a clothesline to Rey. Mercury came behind Eugene and nailed a reverse ddt drop to him. Nitro was now up and he delivered a Standing Shooting Star Press to Mysterio for the win.]

74%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Singles Match

Danny Basham w/ Doug Basham[vs] Val Venis

[Pretty boring match. Venis got a good pop from the women in the audience, but other than that the crowd wasn't that interested. It went on with just a bunch of brawling coming from both men and Val taunting to and for the ladies in the crowd. Val nailed a fisherman suplex to Danny and went up top for the Money Shot, but Danny moved as Val jumped from the top rope. With both men down, the ref first checked on Val to see if he was alright. This gave The Bashams the chance to deliver the old switcharoo. Danny got out and Doug slid in, acting hurt like Danny was before. After Doug rolled in fire shot from the stage and the REAL Kane made his way out. Danny slid into the ring as Kane made it to ringside. Kane climbed onto the apron and Danny tried attacking him, only to be grabbed by the throat. Kane lifted him up and Choke Slammed him to the mat. Since the ref thought Danny was Doug, he didn't call for the bell. Kane got into the ring and big booted Doug. NOW the ref called for the bell and Val Venis was back to his feet. Doug slid out of the ring and dragged Danny out, helping him to the back. Kane looked mad but then smiled as he turned around to face Venis. He grabbed Venis and tossed him to the outside near the announcers table. He grabbed a steel chair and as Venis got up he SMASHED the chair against his head, making a huge indent in it. Venis fell back down. Kane put the chair down and tore away the mats, revealing the cold, hard cement. Kane put the chair on the cement and picked Venis up over his shoulder. He positioned himself and nailed a Tombstone onto the chair! Kane left a bloodied Venis as he head to the back.]

68%

-----

[The cameras cut to the back where The System is hanging out.]

DEAN-Tonight is the night where we start making money. There are tons of overweight, lazy slobs out there that are just dying to buy the Simon System. All you two have to do is go out there, give some free samples of the protein bars and we'll be swimming in money by the end of the week! Look at you two! You are the most promising Simon System users ever! Not only are you two the future of Smackdown! along with me, but you and I are the thing that people are going to look up to! Some day fat kids will be dreaming of being us!

SHOW-Hey Dean! What the hell's this I hear about you making jokes about my weight? Are you too afraid to make fun of people to their face? Instead of trying to sell that crap to fans who couldn't give two cents about anyone of you three, why don't you go to Burger King and be normal?

DEAN-Are you suggesting that we clog out arteries with fat and cholesterol just so Smackdown! can have three more of you running around? I don't think so. The System only eats Simon System Certified foods. Unlike you and everyone out in the crowd, we care about our body. We are in peak physical shape and we eat like people should-three times a day without any snacks in between. And you should try getting on the Simon System as soon as possible, because you take the analogy eating a horse to a whole different level.

[Show grabs Dean by the throat and lifts him into the air. Swinger acts quickly and pulls out a container of the Simon System Protein Powder and throws it into Show's face. Dean is let go and lands on his feet and all three men begin to attack the 7 foot giant. Kazarian pulls a dumbell from his Simon System Gym Bag and nails Show in the gut with it, followed by a shot to the head.]

70%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

[We return from the break and are shown the parking lot. We then see The Cabinet walk up to their rented car.[

JBL-You two need to grow some spines! You shouldn't have ran away and you shouldn't have had your asses handed to you? Do you know how that makes me look in front of the kids? The look up to me. And how are they supposed to look up to me when I have people that are supposed to be men running away from everything?!?

DANNY-You want Kane? You go out there and fight him face to face! We did as good as you would have done if it had been you out there!

DOUG-And don't worry. Come The Great American Bash, not only will we win our match, but you will win yours. You have three people who want to see Kane suffer at your fate just as much as you do.

JBL-That's what I want to hear! Now get in the damn car. I don't want to spend another minute looking at it and I want to get rid of it as soon as possible.

[JBL turns around and see The Undertaker standing in front of the car.]

UNDERTAKER-JBL...You think you could leave him out there alone without any punishment?...If you thought what he was going to do to you was bad...Wait until your match against him...Then you will truely know what some people are capable of when they have only have one choice...

[The Undertaker walks towards The Cabinet and they begin to back away. Taker stops and turns around towards the car. He extends his hand out and all of a sudden the tires pop and all of the windows shatter. The Bashams try attacking Taker from behind but fail. Taker simply turns around and punches Danny down and sends Doug into a stack of poles. The Undertaker then walks away.]

JBL-You see Orlando. We are the brains here. We both know better not to mess with him. After me being choke slammed through the roof of my limo and you being hung in the air on a cross, these two morons finally learned a lesson. Come on you two lets go. You can pay for the damages to THIS car.

82%

-----

[The camera cuts to the ring now and we are shown some shots of the crowd. Mick Foley's music starts playing and he makes his way out to a huge pop, as always. He gets into the ring and grabs a mic.]

FOLEY-We already have a great card for The Great American Bash, don't we? [Crowd Cheers] I mean, it is already better than anything Eric Bischoff and RAW could put on, am I right? [Crowd Cheers Again] But there is always more to come! That is why I have an announcement to make, right here in Worcester [Cheap Pop]! This year is the twenty year mark since The Great American Bash was introduced. And ever since then, there have been historical matches on this event. Many greats have stepped in this ring at The Great American Bash and have put on amazing matches. And I think we should commemorate them for what they have done! Ever since becoming GM of Smackdown!, I have been in contact with dozens of wrestlers that have wrestled at The Great American Bash, and this year TWENTY of them will make special appearances for you and all the fans around the world! But you are going to have to tune in to see what wrestlers will appear. This kind of thing doesn't happen too often. The Bash is the SECOND longest running wrestling event of all time, right behind WrestleMania, and that is a big achievement. And of course this is only possible thanks to Kurt Angle, who last year brought back this illustrious event. So Kurt, to show my thanks, I made you a present. It is very special and I know you will enjoy it.

[Mick reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a small box.]

FOLEY-I don't give these out to too many people. In fact, you are the second person to get one of them! Your present, Kurt, is a special custom made Mr. Kurto!

[Foley takes a sock out of the box that looks like Kurt, except there is hair put on in a black marker.]

FOLEY-And I even gave him hair so you could remember the good old days! I am going to go to the post office right now and mail it to you!

[Foley leaves the ring with Mr. Kurto in hand as we head to a commercial.]

92%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Singles Match

Christian [vs] Nunzio

[Very good match with lots of action. Christian came out with a wig on and clothes so he would look like Carlito. He even had the announcer call him Christian Caribbean Cool and had an apple with him that he placed on the corner of the ring. About halfway into the match the wig fell of Christian and he started acting like it was a secret that he wore a wig. Christian let Nunzio take control of the match at some points to show that even the little guy can put on entertaining matches. But Christian ended Nunzio's spotlight with the Unprettier for the win. After the match, Christian took the apple, took a bite, and spit it into Nunzio's face.]

80%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

[We return from the break and as we do, John Cena's music blares and the WWE Champion makes his way out wearing a Boston Red Sox jersey. The camera cuts to a few shots of the crowd, showing signs and foam hands, then goes back to Cena. Cena gets into the ring with the crowd still going wild and he grabs a mic from Chimel.]

CENA-Yo, yo, yo, YO! The champ is in the house! Last week Eddie Guerrero thought he could go toe-to-toe with me, and that's why I issued a rap battle against him. So if he is man enough to come out we can get this place pumpin'!

[The crowd goes from cheering to booing as they hear -Viva La Raza!- begin to play. The number one contender makes his entrance in his lowrider and after the little car show he gets into the ring.]

CENA-Since I am the champ and this is Cena Country!...I'll start...Yo. You call yourself Latino Heat, but at The Bash I'm gonna put out the flame and your *** will be beat. I'm the best there is, ain't no champion fine-ah. You ain't a threat, I mean you used to date a guy named Chyna! If you think you can beat me you better get some better eye sight. Hell, last week your mother put up a better fight!

[After that last remark Eddie jumps on Cena and begins opening up on him with punches. Soon Cena begins delivering some of his own and then both start to exchange punches. Cena gets the upperhand and whips Eddie to the ropes. He comes running back and Cena goes to set him up for the F-U, but Eddie reverses it into a tornado ddt. Eddie then drags Cena out of the ring and brings him over to his lowrider. He takes Cena's head and smashes it against the hood. He does it a second time and then a third before Cena falls to the ground. Eddie goes to the low rider and pops the trunk. He picks Cena up, puts him in the trunk, and closes it. Eddie gets back into his low rider and drivers to the back. We cut to a camera in the back and see Eddie driving the low rider through. He stops when he gets into the parking lot and pops the trunk again. He goes and lifts up the trunk hood and gets nailed with a kick to the gut. Cena gets out of the trunk and begins delivering more punches. Cena continues the assault by slamming Eddie's head onto the hood of the low rider. Cena starts trash talking Guerrero now, but gets elbowed in the gut in the process. Eddie hooks Cena's arm and lifts him up and then slams him back down onto the hood of the low rider with a modified front suplex slam. Eddie takes Cena's title from his waist and gets into the low rider. Eddie backs up quickly, causing Cena to roll off the hood of the low rider and onto the cement ground, and then he drives out of the arena with the closing moments of Smackdown!.]

COLE-Eddie Guerrero just stole John Cena's championship belt!

TAZZ-That should be the least of his worries, Cole. Cena could have broken ribs or something. Who knows whetha he'll be able to wrestle Eddie.

COLE-Well we'll find out next week. That's all the time we have for tonight. Make sure to tune into Smackdown! next week as we get closer and closer to The Great American Bash!

80%

----------

Quick Results

Tajiri def. Garrison Cade

MNM def. Rey Mysterio & Eugene Dinsmore

Danny Basham def. Val Venis

Christian def. Nunzio

Overall Smackdown! Rating-76%

IPB Image

July 16th, 2005

Akio def. Hardcore Holly via pinfall with the help of Rene Dupree. Holly beat down on Akio pretty hard until Dupree came out with his French flag. He slid the flag into the ring and distracted the ref long enough for Akio to nail Holly with the flag and knock him out.-68%

A Smackdown! Rebound video aired, showing the closing moments of Smackdown! where Eddie and Cena engaged in a brawl that went from the ring to the parking lot and ended with Eddie driving off with Cena's WWE title.-82%

Chavo Guerrero and Spike Dudley def. Paul London and Tajiri via pinfall in an okay match. Pitting Spike and Tajiri together doesn't seem to be doing any good so hopefully they won't be facing eachother any time soon. London lost the match for his team after being victim of the Dudley Dogg-77%

Backstage, Morgan and Reigns are having an arguement with The Bashams, ending with both teams agreeing on a singles match next.-52%

Doug Basham def. Luther Reigns via pinfall. Pretty bad match that shows the tag match at The Bash may be a dud. Reigns basically dominated Doug until the end where Doug rolled him up with the tights pulled for the win.-56%

Another Smackdown! Rebound video aired, this one of the Christian versus Nunzio match with Christian dressed like Carlito.-83%

Carlito Caribbean Cool def. Scotty 2 Hotty via pinfall. Scotty tried having a little fun during the match, but Carlito started getting pissed off by it. Scotty whipped Carlito into the corner hard enough for Carlito to stumble back out of it. Scotty then ran to the ropes, looking for a bulldog to set up The Worm, but Carlito finished him off with a flatliner.-75%

Overall Rating-66%

Chris Masters def. Sylvain Grenier via submission, making Grenier tap out to the Masterlock. Pretty bad stuff, to be honest. (62)

A video was played, showing Randy Orton's iterview that kicked off RAW. (83)

Lita def. Christy Hemme and Victoria in a triple-threat match via pinfall. Decent, but not that great of a match. It's odd that it featured every active women's wrestler on RAW. Lita won with a moonsault on Christy. (66)

A video was shown, one that showed Ric Flair and the World's Greatest Tag Team, including Flair's match with Benjamin last week. (97)

Monsters Inc/Tyson Tomko def. William Regal/Mark Jindrak/Stevie Richards via pinfall in a nice six-man tag match. The finish came when Heidenreich caught Richards with in mid-air with a stiff-looking powerbomb. (68)

The final video was played, showing Randy Orton beat Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, and Edge to win the #1 Contendership on RAW. (80)

Chris Benoit def. Kenzo Suzuki via submission in a rematch from RAW a while back. This was as good as their previous encounter, good mix of action. Benoit made Suzuki tap to the Sharpshooter after about 12 minutes. (76)

Overall Rating: 62

IPB Image

WWE RAW Results

[As the opening video ends, the pyros go off, and we are welcomed to RAW by the immortal voices of Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler.]

King: "Welcome to RAW everyone, I'm Jerry Lawler, and next to me is good ol' J.R.!"

JR: "Hey there, folks. We've got a hell'uva night for you, that I can garuntee."

King: "And we're starting with the Highlight Reel, JR! The greatest talk-show in wrestling!"

JR: "I can't argue with that statement, King. And the special guest is Shawn Michaels!"

-----

The Highlight Reel with the Showstoppa'

[Chris Jericho's music hits, and he makes his way down to the ring to some cheers. He gets in the ring, and grabs a microphone off of a chair on his set.]

Jericho: "Welcome....to RAW..IS...JERICHO! [pop.] As you all should know, I am Chris Jericho, and welcome...to the greatest talk-show in sports-entertainment history....the Highlight Reel! [pop.] Tonight...I have a very...special, guest for you. He is a multiple-time WWE Champion. He has held countless titles, and was part of one of the most gifted tag-teams in WWE history. He is the showstopper, the main event...the icon....he's a man of many names, and many accomplishments, you get the picture. Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to the Heart-Break Kid....Shawn...Michaels!!!"

[HBK's music hits, and he makes his way down to the ring to a huge pop. He does his posing and dancing, and he gets in the ring. He smiles as he takes a microphone.]

Jericho: "Well, Shawn, I think you know what we want to know."

Michaels: "Do I, now? I'm afraid I don't, kid, you're gonna have to fill me in."

Jericho: "Well you see, Shawn, for the past two weeks, you've run in matches, and attacked Kurt Angle. Sure, the first time you saved somebody...you didn't really save him, might I add...his ankle was still broken...but you did cost him the number-one contender's match. What we want to know, Shawn....is why? I mean, Kurt Angle made you tap at WrestleMania, and he made you tap cleanly. Why do you still have a grudge against him?"

[Michaels looks at the ground, shakes his head, and takes a deep breath.]

Michaels: "Ya know, Jericho, you're right...I should've expected that. Because I expected that you guys wouldn't understand why I did it. But then again, nobody really knows me. Nobody truely knows, and understands....Shawn Michaels. Yes, I did lose to Kurt Angle at WrestleMania. And I lost cleanly, I'll admit. He made me tap out to the Ankle-Lock. But you see, Chris, you wouldn't understand. You weren't in the ring, hearing the reaction that the fans gave the match. I live for moments like that. I live to hear the fans chant my name. Without that, I would be nothing. But this is all about promises. Before WrestleMania 21, I promised the fans that I would steal the show. And I'm inclined to believe that I did. And the night after...the night after, Chris, I promised the fans that I'd try my hardest to give the fans a rematch. That's what I'm doing now, Chris. I am getting a rematch. But this time, it's personal. I'm doing it not just for the fans, but for me. I've been watching RAW and Smackdown!, and I've seen Kurt Angle running his mouth about how he made Shawn Michaels tap-out. But does it really matter? Not really. Sure, he did it once. But can he do it twice? Chris...I don't think so. I don't think he can. And I want to prove him wrong...and while I'm at it, I want to steal another show. So what I'm doing here, right now...LIVE on RAW...is sending a challenge. A challenge to Kurt Angle. Kurt Angle...I ask you....I DARE you to try and beat me again. I dare you to try and beat the Heart-Break Kid once more. I don't think you an do it, Kurt. I don't think-"

[Michaels is cut off, as Angle jumps him from behind! He goes for the Ankle-Lock, but Michaels rolls out of it, and gets up, going for a superkick! Angle ducks, and rolls out of the ring. He taunts Michaels as he goes up the entrance ramp.]

-----

World Tag Team Titles:

Monsters Inc.© vs Steven Richards/Mark Jindrak

This match for the Tag Titles just wasn't too good, to be honest. There aren't many teams in the tag division any longer, especially face teams. This was a decent (at best) brawl, which mainly focused on how powerful Heidenreich and Snitsky are. Jindrak managed to hold his own, but Richards was dominated. Richards tried to get in some offense with his moderate speed, but in the end he just was unable to survive the constant assault. Richards tried to tag in Jindrak, but Heidenreich ran in and sent him out. This allowed Snitsky to catch Richards with the Pump-Handle Slam, and pin Richards for the win. The monsters celebrated in the ring after the match.

-----

Prey for the Legend Killer?

[Randy Orton's music hit, and he made his way out, ready for his match. But when he got in the ring, Batista's music hit, and he came out to a tremendous ovation.]

Batista: "Randy....you know, Randy, I'm kind-of glad that you made this little open-challenge. And I'll admit...there aren't many guys who want to face you. But I think I've managed to find somebody who will do just fine. You see, I found somebody who is almost...if not just as dangerous as I am. No...he's not a legend. Well, I guess he is a legend to some fans. Randy, I've found somebody who is very similar to me. They say that I'm the Animal, right? Well, I've found somebody who's as close as you can get. Randy Orton, prepare to meet your opponent....The Man Beast himself, Rhyno!"

[Rhyno's music hits, and he makes his return to WWE. Orton looks like he doesn't know what to make of it, and he prepares for the match.]

------

Singles Match:

Randy Orton vs Rhyno

When this match was viewed, it came across as something...new. A new beginning, for Rhyno. He was no longer a regular wrestler...he was the "Man Beast" he once was again. Rhyno looked strong in this showing against Orton, and Orton appeared to try and use his wits to counter Rhyno's strength. He tried to wear Rhyno down, but Rhyno managed to power-out of whatever Orton could lock in. Orton almost hit the RKO several times during the match, but each and every time Rhyno managed to evade it. Eventually Rhyno went for the Gore, but Orton moved out of the way, causing Rhyno to hit his shoulder on the ring-post. He then rolled up Rhyno, put his feet on the ropes, and registered the three-count. He escaped through the crowd after the match, as Rhyno and Batista (who was on commentary) looked on.

-----

Next Week! Live! Ninjas!

[Eric Bischoff is backstage, in his office with Batista and Rhyno.]

Bischoff: "So you're back on RAW now, are you? Vince decided to bring you back afterall?"

[Rhyno nods, and he looks pissed.]

Batista: "Listen here, Bischoff. We want a match, and we want it next week."

Bischoff: "Hm...I suppose you'll be asking for a tag-team match? [nods.] You know, Batista....that's not too bad of an idea. So next week...LIVE on RAW, we are not only going to see a battle-royal for an Intercontinental Title shot. No...we're going to see the World Heavyweight Champion, Batista, teaming up with Rhyno...to take on the number-one contender, Randy Orton...[bischoff looks thoughtful.] and a partner of his choice! Yeah, you picked your partner, he can pick his!"

[batista smiles, and walks out. Rhyno, on the other-hand, stares at Bischoff, and fakes towards hitting him. Bischoff ducks, covering his face, but looks up only to see Rhyno laugh and walk away.]

-----

Banking on the Edge

[Edge's music hits, and he makes his way down to the ring, with Lita on his arm. He gets in the ring in his normal fashion, and gets a microphone.]

Edge: "Last week, in the elimination match...I was screwed. [boos.] Just like how I was screwed countless times this year. And you people think it's funny, don't you? You think it's funny that no matter how hard Edge tries, he always gets screwed in the end. [pop.] Well I'm sick of it. I beat Chris Benoit on the RAW Roulette, and I beat him cleanly. But did that get me anything, beating a former Champion three times? No. And last week, after I CLEANLY eliminated Chris Jericho, he had to come back and trip me up. Why, Chris? Did it bother you that much that somebody else was more successful than you? That somebody had beaten you? You're jelous, Chris. Jelous of me! You're jelous that I've got this title shot, that I can use it anytime I want! You've gotten into something, Chris...and you're going to regret what you did."

[Edge holds up the briefcase, and immediately William Regal's music starts playing. He walks out to a decent pop.]

Regal: "Woah...hold on there, sunshine. I'm in the back, you see, and I'm watching the monitor. But all I hear is you and your bloody whining! So how about we do what real men do...how about you set that microphone, and that briefcase down, and you show these fans what you're made of in the ring?"

[Edge nods, and throws the microphone out of the ring, and and he takes off his jacket. Regal gets in the ring, and the match begins.]

-----

Singles Match:

William Regal vs Edge

Edge hasn't exactly been putting on the greatest matches since his return last year, but this was definately good. He played a good heel, and Regal played a good face that the fans really wanted to see win. He worked over Edge with his submissions, which (of course) made Edge upset when he only barely managed to escape. He quit trying to work on the mat with Regal half-way through, and just began brawling. Regal managed to hold rather well, but in the end Edge took the advantage. Regal brought him down when he went for a Spear, going for what looked to be the Regal-Stretch, but Edge escaped, and locked in the Edgecator. Regal then tapped out to the hold. Edge celebrated with Lita and his briefcase after the match.

-----

Singles Match:

Rob Conway vs Chris Benoit

The fans were a bit suprised to see two matches in a row, but they definately weren't upset. Benoit and Conway worked a very good mat-based match, which (despite all of the technical wrestling) managed to move at a fast pace. Benoit was clearly in control here, putting Conway in submissions he'd likely never even seen before. Conway wasn't that outmatched though, he was able to hold his own against the technical legend. Conway had managed to lock Benoit in the Texas Cloverleaf late in the match, but Benoit got out of it, and later locked in the Crossface. Conway was about to tap, but Dawn Marie got up on the apron. Benoit got up, and went over to her...then Conway hit Benoit with a low-blow. The referee saw this, and gave Benoit the cheap DQ win.

-----

The World's Greatest Tag Team

[Charlie Haas is walking backstage, obviously heading towards the ring for his match. Shelton Benjamin appears next to him.]

Benjamin: "Just take your time, man. Don't rush this, and you'll win. Flair's an old guy, ya know...if you can just hand in there, he'll get tired, and you'll be able to pin him."

[Haas turns around, and looks irratated. He manages to force a smile, though.]

Haas: "Thanks, man. I was thinking about trying something like that...I guess I should listen to you, though. I mean, you're the one who beat him...how many times? Just watch my back out there though...you never know what's going to go down."

[benjamin nods, and the two of them walk towards the ring.]

-----

Singles Match:

Ric Flair vs Charlie Haas

This match, just like their previous encounters, was a good one. Haas tried the strategy Shelton had layed out for him, and it seemed to be working for him. Flair was getting winded, and Haas was just slowly wearing him down. After a while though, Haas became angry. Tired of his strategy, he began pounding on Flair. Flair just got into the corner, and tried to protect himself. Haas eventually caught him with a dragon-suplex, and he went to make a mockery of Flair by putting him in his own finisher- the figure-four. Flair kicked Haas though, and rolled him up...using the tights, Flair managed to get another win over Haas! Haas stood, shocked, and looked at Flair. Flair tried to escape, but Benjamin held him off! Both men got in the ring, trapping Flair. But just when Flair was about to get it from Haas, Charlie was struck from behind with a chair. The camera went out, and Triple H was standing in the ring! He decked Benjamin as well, and dropped the chair in the ring. He then helped Ric Flair out, and helped him up the ramp as the show ended.

-----

JR: "Triple H! Triple H....Triple H is back King! And he just took out the World's Greatest Tag Team!"

-----

Quick Results:

-Monsters Inc.© def. Richards/Jindrak (62)

-Randy Orton def. Rhyno (71)

-Edge def. William Regal (74)

-Chris Benoit def. Rob Conway (68)

-Ric Flair def. Charlie Haas (72)

Overall Show Rating: 72

IPB Image

WWE Smackdown! Results for July 21st

Taped from Baltimore, Maryland (9,038 in Attendance)

[Before the Smackdown! montage rolls, a video of the altercation between John Cena and Eddie Guerrero from last week are shown. We are then taken to the Smackdown! video played to "Bodies", and then the pyros explode and we are welcomed by the best announce team in the biz.]

COLE-Welcome to Smackdown! ladies and gentleman! As you saw before the Smackdown! opening, last week Eddie Guerrero and John Cena turned a rap battle into a street fight that went from the ring to the parking lot.

TAZZ-But Eddie got the uppa' hand when he drove off in his low ridah with the WWE Championship!

COLE-That isn't all that happened, though. Last week Danny Basham faced Val Venis in singles action, and Kane decided to get involved. Not only did he help Danny win the match, but he destroyed Val Venis with a chair shot to the head!

TAZZ-Followed by a Tombstone onto the chair that was on bare concrete. Don't forget about that.

[The car crashes and the crowd explodes as Mick Foley makes his way out. He walked down the ramp, got into the ring and grabbed a mic.]

FOLEY-I have an update to give everyone. An update on Val Venis. Since Kane decided to go on a rampage and choose Val as his target, he has sent a Smackdown! superstar off the active roster. Val Venis is out of action with serious damage done to his head and he won't be back for a while. Even when he comes back he is going to have problems with his memory. At the moment he doesn't even know who he is. Kane WILL be punished for his actions, and-

[BOOM! The fire explodes on the entrance stage and Kane makes his way out to a mixed reaction. He slides into the ring and starts walking towards Foley.]

FOLEY-Kane. Kane, wait. Let me finish. You ARE going to be punished for your actions last week because taking a Smackdown! superstar off the active roster is out of the line, and you are going to be wrestling without pay for the next month, but you are going to get a reward Kane. Last week proved that you still have that fire inside of you. You showed the fans that you are more than some seven foot tall, weak monster. You proved that you are capable of things you were once capable of. You proved that you are no longer the Kane that does spinaroonies. That is why next week you are going to be in a match...Against ANYONE on the Smackdown! roster, no questions asked. And if they refuse, I will fire them. How does that sound? So why don't you pick someone you want to face?

[Kane stands there for a few seconds and then begins to laugh. Kane walks to the ropes and rolls backwards to the outside. He walks around the ring to the announce table and stares at Michael Cole.]

COLE-No. No. I'm not even a wrestler!

[Kane walks over and stands next to Cole. He tells him something but it isn't picked up. Kane then slaps Cole, knocking him off his chair to the ground. Kane picks Cole up and knees him in the gut. Kane continues laughing as Cole falls to the ground holding his stomach. Tazz throws his headphones down and takes his sunglasses off and the crowd erupts. He walks over to Kane and turns him around. Kane just stares at Tazz, who now begins taking his coat off. Kane grabs Tazz by the throat and puts his face closer to his. Foley gets out of the ring and attacks Kane from behind, with no effect though. Kane lets go of Tazz and turns to face Foley. As Kane walks up to Foley, Tazz jumps on Kanes back and locks in the Tazzmission. Kane struggles to get free but Foley now has Mr. Socko out and locks in the Mandible Claw to him. Kane soon begins to fade away and finally falls to his knees. Tazz and Foley let him go and Tazz checks on Cole as Foley gets back into the ring.]

FOLEY-I don't usually say this, but security...Arrest this man and get him out of here!

[Security starts walking out, as well as EMT's. Security goes over to Kane and locks him in handcuffs as the EMT's check on Cole. Security manages to get Kane up and drags him to the back as the camera cuts to the back.

88%

-----

[Now in the back, we see Rey Mysterio arriving to the arena with a denim coat, jeans, and his black mask on. He continues to walk and as he turns a corner he runs into The System.]

DEAN-Rey Mysterio. One of the most talented wrestlers on Smackdown!, behind me and my System of course, yet you are held back because of your size. But we both know that isn't the real reason you are held back. It is because you are in such great shape and authority over here is jealous of that. Look who we have as a General Manager. He could never be in our shape. And even though I am going to beat you later tonight, I will welcome you into The System.

MYSTERIO-You know, you may be in great shape and all. And you may even have your buddies help you tonight, but there is no way you will be able to beat Rey Mysterio. As for your offer-I don't need to be a part of a group that think they are the best physical wise and who go around making fun of people that aren't in the best of shape. So my answer is no, essa.

[Mysterio walks away to the locker rooms.]

DEAN-He isn't in that great of shape, anyways.

71%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

[We return from the commercial break with the camera on Tazz.]

TAZZ-Well my partner Michael Cole won't be with us the rest of the night. He is in the back being taken care of by the medics after being attacked by Kane. And Kane, if your listening, you better watch yourself next week.

[The camera then cuts to the ring to show the set-up for The Peep Show, and Christian's music begins playing. He walks down and makes his way into the ring.]

CHRISTIAN-Welcome to wrestling's number one talk show, The Peep Show! Better than The Barbershop, Piper's Pit, and the Highlight Reel combined! Tonight my guest is the man who gave me my warm welcome into the Smackdown! roster. The man who still hides behind people. And to quote someone wise, the man who only made it into the main event because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!

[The cowbells begin to ring and JBL walks out from the back with his Cabinet with him as usual. They all get into the ring and JBL snatches the mic away.]

JBL-Christian...You may think you are a great wrestler. You may think you have a great career. You may think that your little show is great. But that is just it. You THINK all of that! None of it is true! Look at you. You are as small as the Mexican jumping bean Rey Mysterio. Look at your career. Your entire career you were stuck in Edge's shadow where you belong. The only reason you aren't still there is because you couldn't stand the truth. And the truth is no one likes you. They would rather watch JBL: Wrestling God! The only reason people watch you on television instead of flipping to another channel is because they want to see you get your *** handed to you!

CHRISTIAN-The reason people watch me on television is because they want to see me period! The only reason people watch YOU is because they want to see YOU somehow get taken off of Smackdown!! Now if you would show some manners, let me continue...Last week, BRADSHAW, Kane had a little fun with your "Secretaries of Defense". And in ten days, you get to face the psycho face-to-face.

JBL-You're damn right I get to face him, and I'm going to make him sorry that he ever ruined my limo! He may know what it feels like to bring pain onto others like he did to Michael Cole earlier tonight, and let's face it we all know he deserved to get his *** kicked, but at The Great American Bash I will show him what pain really feels like. And just like last year, I will come out victorious.

CHRISTIAN-Obviously intelligence doesn't run very well in your family...Last year you faced Eddie Guerrero, someone who is smaller and weaker than Kane. This year you are facing the Kane that once was. You are facing someone hellbent on destroying you and proving that he isn't what you claim him to be.

JBL-JBL can defeat anybody, anytime, anyplace. I proved that last year, and I'll prove it this year. I will make Kane sorry that he ever even decided to step into a Smackdown! arena, and there is nobody that can stop me!

[All of a sudden the lights go out. Then, GONG! The crowd goes nuts as they hear that familiar sound. GONG! The lights come back in very dim and in a purple tint. Fog begins to roll down the entrance way and the camera pans up to show The Undertaker standing on the stage! Taker makes his way down the aisle and JBL orders The Bashams to stop him. The Bashams get out of the ring and begin walking up the aisle, but Luther Reigns and Matt Morgan walk out from the back. The Bashams stop in their tracks as Reigns and Morgan pass Taker and begin brawling with their opponents at The Bash. Taker walks past the four brawling and begins to make his way up the steps. He makes it to the top step, stops, and raises his arms, causing the lights to return to normal. He steps into the ring, but JBL and Jordan exit it and make their way into and through the crowd.]

CHRISTIAN-Hey! This is my show! Get the hell out of my ring! [Taker Doesn't Move] Did you hear me? Or are you as stupid as your brother!?

[This causes Taker to moves towards Captain Charisma. Christian begins walking backwards, but he takes a chance and begins throwing punches. Taker is unaffected by them and he grabs Christian by the throat. He lifts Christian up and delivers a Choke Slam to him.]

78%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Singles Match

Rene Dupree w/ Chavo Guerrero [vs] Paul London w/ Hardcore Holly

[Both men put on a good match even though their styles didn't clash too well. Dupree tried using his flag during the match when Chavo had the ref distracted, but Holly made sure that didn't happen. As Dupree tried getting the flag away, London dropkicked him to the back, sending him to the outside. London then took his attention and put it on Chavo. He went over to him and dropkicked him as well. As he did, Holly took the French flag and nailed Dupree in the gut with it. He slid him back into the ring and London went back to Dupree. He positioned Dupree near the corner and he climbed to the top. He was about to go for the 450 Splash, but Chavo came out of nowhere and fiddled with the ropes, causing London to land on the turnbuckle groin first. Dupree managed to get back up, pick London over his shoulders, and deliver the Dupree Valley Driver for the win.]

73%

-----

[After the match, the camera cuts to a video. It begins with the sound of The Dudleyz pyro falling (the whistling type sound) show with "The Dudley Boyz" logo on a black background. After the explosion the logo breaks and the video cuts to various clips of the team in ECW. It shows them delivering the 3D to different wrestlers, including Spike, followed by clips of them delivering the 3D to wrestlers through a table. Clips of the very first Tag Team Table match from Royal Rumble 2000 is then shown, followed by more clips of The Dudleyz putting more wrestlers through tables. Following those clips are clips of them putting women through tables. The video ends with three tables leaning against a wall with "M" spray painted on one, "N" on another, and "M" on the final one.]

70%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

[We return from the break with the camera in the back, showing Torrie getting a bottle of water. She turns around and bumps into Carlito Caribbean Cool.]

CARLITO-Torrie. I saw what Tajiri did to you when you used to manage him. And you not going back to him even after he gave you flowers...Dat's cool. But what would be cooler, is if you joined with me. I can show you how cool...I can be.

TORRIEUgh. Sorry, but I'm not interested.

CARLITO-And why not? I may be too cool for you, but dat's alright. I can help you become...cool, like Carlito...Caribbean..Cool.

TORRIE-That's not the reason. I'm not interested because you're not my type and you are the kind of guy who see's me as a prize and nothing else.

CARLITO-And what's wrong with that?

[Tajiri walks up to Carlito with an angry look in his eyes.]

TAJIRI-What...are you doing? Don't bother...Torrie. She..doesn't like...you.

CARLITO-Listen. She does want me. She just doesn't know it yet. And you...learn to speak English because the way you are talking...it ain't cool.

[Triple C turns around to walk away, but he pulls out an apple. Deja vu from a couple of weeks ago. He takes a bite of it, turns around and spits it in Tajiri's face. He then follows up by slamming him into the wall.

CARLITO-Now dat's cool.

[Carlito walks away as Torrie checks on Tajiri.]

68%

-----

Normal Singles Match for #1 Contendership for the WWE U.S. Championship

Simon Dean w/ Kazarian & Swinger [vs] Rey Mysterio

[Nice even match-up, with the exception of Kazarian and Swinger at ringside. Mysterio nailed some good cruiser-moves while Dean hit some decent ones. Mysterio nailed a 619 after delivering a drop toe hold to Dean and Swinger and Kazarian were about to ruin Mysterio's chances of winning, but Big Show's music and pyro went off and the 500 pound giant began walking out. Kazarian and Swinger decided to try and keep him from coming to the ring, but they got destroyed by a huge double clothesline. Mysterio got his attention back on Dean, but he got nailed with an unseen low blow and then drilled with the Kryptonite Krunch. By the time Show made it to ringside, Simon Dean already had Mysterio covered for the win. Show got into the ring but Simon slid out and walked up the aisle to meet Kazarian and Swinger. All three then went to the back after Kazarian and Swinger were able to get up.]

72%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Singles Match

Tajiri [vs] Carlito Caribbean Cool

[Tajiri was still feeling the effects from the small confrontation between himself and Carlito earlier in the night, but he still put on a good fight. He delivered some wild, lightning fast kicks to Carlito's ribs and nailed a beautiful handspring back elbow. Both men got taken down after they both nailed a crossbody at the same time as they ran towards eachother. When Calrito started getting up, he crawled to the corner and grabbed his apple and took a bite of it. He then used the corner to help himself get up as Tajiri got up at the same time. They both turned to face eachother and Tajiri spit the green mist in Carlito's eyes as Carlito spit the apple at Tajiri. Tajiri was blinded for a moment while Carlito was blinded for a bit longer. Tajiri went and grabbed him, but Carlito managed to deliver a flatliner, now known as the Cool Factor, to him and cover him. Even after the match Carlito could barely see and needed help to the back.[

80%

-----

[The camera cuts to the back where we see Eddie warming up for his match, and with Cena's WWE Championship around his waist. The Cabinet then walk onto the screen.]

JBL-Well. If it isn't Eddie Guerrero. The man I beat to last year to begin my WWE title reign.

EDDIE-Listen, essa, I don't know what you're point is, but why don't you just get to it before you say something you may regret.

JBL-Hey, hey. I don't want any of that. You see, I may have beaten you last year, but we have something in common. We both despise John Cena as the WWE Champion. He is a disgrace to the title and to Smackdown! in general. And I know that you will regain your glory at The Great American Bash by defeating him for the WWE title.

EDDIE-After all the crap you put me through last year, putting my madre in the hospital, throwing people like me out of the country...People who have hearts and feelings can't forgive and forget those things...You're lucky I'm not that type of person, vato. Seeing John Cena with the WWE title made me sick ever since he won it from you. And it's about time I am back in the main event fighting for it. You can put money on me winning it back at The Bash, essa, because I'm going to make sure John Cena wishes that he never came to the WWE. Viva la raza!

[Eddie walks away and JBL gets a smile on his face.]

76%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Singles Match

Eddie Guerrero [vs] Eugene Dinsmore

[Eugene proved that he was no easy task to get through even though he jokes around a lot, and Eddie learned that the hard way after he was beaten down a lot. Eugene would take Eddie down with a drop toe hold or a german suplex and then he would run around the ring like an airplane. Later into the match Eddie was getting tired and after he nailed the Three Amigo Suplexes it showed. It took him longer than usual to get to the top rope. When he did he jumped for the Frog Splash, but Eugene rolled out of the way. Cena's music then began to play and the REAL WWE Champ made his way out with some bandages on his ribs. Eugene started screaming as Cena came down the aisle and he began holding his head. As Cena got into the ring Eugene was now up to his feet. Cena began walking towards Eddie, but Eugene lifted him up and nailed an F-U to him! Eddie came up behind Eugene and rolled him up, but instead of pinning him he locked in the Lasso From El Paso submission. After a while Eugene finally tapped out and Eddie left the ringside area with the WWE title still with him.]

TAZZ-John Cena just got floored with his own finishing manueva frmo Eugene! And Eddie Guerrero walks out tonight with the WWE Championship still in his possesion! Make sure to tune into the final Smackdown! before The Great American Bash next week!

85%

----------

Quick Results

Rene Dupree def. Paul London

Simon Dean def. Rey Mysterio

Carlito Caribbean Cool def. Tajiri

Eddie Guerrero def. Eugene Dinsmore

Overall Smackdown! Rating-75%