World Wrestling Entertainment: The Revival

IPB Image

August 27th, 2005

Frankie Kazarian def. Paul London via pinfall. Back and forth match which consisted of mostly brawling. Kazarian got the win after Swinger distracted the ref, allowing Kazarian to throw a hand full of Simon Powder into London's eyes and hit the Wave Of The Future.-70%

Smackdown! Rebound Video-The clip of when Paul Heyman came out on Smackdown! a few weeks ago to announce his new client would appear at SummerSlam to make and impact.-85%

Billy Kidman def. Scotty 2 Hotty via pinfall. Scotty went to hit his bulldog to set up The Worm, but Kidman ducked, kicked Scotty in the gut as he turned around, and delivered the Kid Krusher for the win.-65%

A video plays hyping Simon Dean and his System in an infomercial type of video. It showed them working out, beating the hell out of overweight people, and showing off the Simon products.-70%

Big Show def. Deuce Shade via pinfall. Another squash match with Big Show ending the match quick with the Show Stopper.-61%

The announcers went over the Smackdown! matches for SummerSlam with a video highlighting the Cena/Carlito match with Christian as the Special Ref.-88%

The Basham Brothers def. The Jablonski Brothers (Chet and Dean) via pinfall. Not much to say about the match other than it was just a little try out match for Chet and Dean. The Bashams gained the victory after nailing the Ball & Gag to both opponents and making a double pinfall.-60%

Overall Rating-64%

---------

I will actually post the SS card in case people here actually want to predict and stuff.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

FINAL WWE SUMMERSLAM CARD

Batista© vs Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship

-We know the past between these two men. Both were members of Evolution, an elite wrestling group headed by Triple H. Both men have broken off, and have won the World Heavyweight Championship. In the present, these two men are competing for that same World Championship, currently held by Batista. They have been attacking and feuding with eachother for weeks, each man trying to get the upper-hand going into SummerSlam. However, what about the final piece of Evolution...the future? The future will begin at SummerSlam.

John Cena© vs Carlito Caribbean Cool for the WWE Championship w/ Christian as the Special Referee

-Triple C was lucky enough to beat Christian last month in a number one contenders match, and he has made sure to put himself on John Cena's radar. From spitting in his face and verbally attacking him, Carlito is very determined to become a WWE champ. But a little twist was thrown in just two weeks ago when it was announced that Christian, the man who lost at The Bash in a number one contenders match, would be the Special Referee. Will he call the match down the line? Will he be in favor of John Cena after losing to Carlito, or will he be in favor of Carlito to screw John Cena over?

Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels in a WrestleMania Rematch

-In this rematch from WrestleMania 21, the only Olympic Medalist in WWE History goes one-on-one with the Showstoppa...the Main Event...the Icon. Kurt Angle goes up against the Heart-Break Kid, Shawn Michaels. When the two previously met at WrestleMania 21, Kurt Angle managed to escape with the win. But Michaels promised the fans a rematch, and he has made sure that there is going to be one. But this is no simple rematch, no....this feud has gotten personal. Can Shawn Michaels even up the score, or will Angle establish himself as the supreme superstar on RAW?

John Bradshaw Layfield vs The Undertaker

-A battle that continues from late 2004. Last year Taker and JBL battled eachother in a few matches that were unforgettable, and they continue the string of matches this year. The Undertaker has said that even though he has done what he had to do to his own so called brother, he still doesn't appreciate what JBL has said and put Kane through. Will The Undertaker be able to do what he couldn't do last year and defeat JBL, or will The Cabinet stack up the odds and cause The Phenom another defeat?

World's Greatest Tag Team vs Triple H & Ric Flair

-Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, the self-proclaimed "World's Greatest Tag Team," are here on RAW to prove a point. That is, they want to prove that the next generation has arrived, and that they are ready to lead the company. However, one obstacle stands in their way. Triple H and Ric Flair, who together hold an astounding twenty-six World Heavyweight Titles. Will Haas and Benjamin be able to establish themselves as true superstars on RAW? Or has their time not yet arrived?

Edge vs Chris Jericho

-Edge and Chris Jericho are two men who claim injustice. Edge believes that he has been screwed, time and time again, out of the World Heavyweight Championship. And since his first Undisputed Title reign in 2001/2002, Chris Jericho has recieved few title shots. The two men have both cost eachother shots at both the Intercontinental and World Heavyweight Titles, and at SummerSlam they will meet in a contest that could elevate the winner to World Title status.

The Dudley Boyz vs MNM

-MNM are the cockiest team that Smackdown! has seen in a long time. Not only do they think that they are the best team on Smackdown!, but they actually think that they are as famous as the biggest celebrities and should be treated like such. The Dudleyz think differently, though, and have stood up to the young, cocky team. However, Bubba lost a singles tables match last month against Johnny Nitro, who had help from his partner, and a little tag team match was made due to that. Will The Dudleyz make MNM eat wood, or will MNM dodge another bullet?

Muhammad Hassan© vs Chris Benoit for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

-Muhammad Hassan has been on RAW for months, and he still remains undefeated in singles matches. He has neither been pinned nor has he submitted. And he still claims that there is a bias against he and his people by the Americans. Yet perhaps things may soon change. For at SummerSlam, Hassan will be facing one of the most intense Canadian superstars in wrestling history, the former World Heavyweight Champion: Chris Benoit.

Rey Mysterio© vs Simon Dean for the WWE United States Championship

-All starting out back in July when Simon Dean defeated Rey Mysterio, with a little cheating, for what he thought was a U.S. title match, but a rematch was made the following week with Mysterio pulling out the victory. It's obvious the fitness freak hasn't let that one go and he can't wait to show Rey who the real United States champion should be. And you can bet that Frankie Kazarian and Johnny Swinger will do anything they can to help Dean win, but will Eddie Guerrero be in Rey's corner helping him?

Chavo Guerrero© vs Tajiri for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

-Ever since Tajiri came back to Smackdown!, he has been dying to get Torrie as his manager again, and ever since he has been trying everyone else has wanted a piece of the former Playboy covergirl. Chavo is actually the only one to force himself on Torrie and Tajiri didn't take too kindly to that. Only three days ago was this match made by Chavo, and he ordered Tajiri to have Torrie at ringside or she would suffer some extreme consequences.

PLUS!

-Paul Heyman announced a few weeks ago on Smackdown! that his new client would make an impact at SummerSlam. The day has come and we will find out who his new client is, but what kind of impact will he make?

Sunday Night Heat Main Event

The Hurricane def. Akio

IPB Image

RAW & SMACKDOWN! present WWE SUMMERSLAM

LIVE from the SOLD OUT MCI Center in Washington, DC (20,672 In Attendance)

[The opening video, played to a WWE production piece of music, highlighted some of the more important matches in the evening. It showed a few clips of MNM's debut, their title defenses, The Dudleyz returning to Smackdown!, and Nitro beating Bubba at the GAB in a tables match. The next set of clips focused on Hassan and Benoit, highlighting their rivalry up to this evening. Clips of the Cena/Carlito/Christian triangle then played, showing clips of the CCC/Christian match a month ago, Carlito spitting apples in Cena's face, and Christian being named the Special Referee. The final set of clips featured Orton and Batista. It showed both men in Evolution together, and then cut to the legends Orton has defeated. The video ended with both men staring eachother down.

The screen then cut to the SummerSlam opening, played to "Summertime Blues" by Rush, with a green 'S' and a blue 'S' flying over land and coming together to show the entire SummerSlam logo in front an image of the MCI Center. A voice over welcomed us by saying, "RAW and Smackdown! present WWE SummerSlam. LIVE from the MCI Center in Washington, DC." The two 'S's then come flying toward the screen, allowing the camera to cut to the arena where Lillian Garcia opened the show by singing the national anthem. After she finished, the beautiful pyro display went off and we were welcomed by our four man announcing team.]

JR: "I'm Jim Ross, he's Jerry 'The King' Lawler, and welcome to WWE SummerSlam, live from Washington, D.C!"

King: "We've got an absolutely stacked card here on the RAW side this evening, and the Smackdown! side of things doesn't look too bad either."

JR: "Of course we do King, SummerSlam is always great! I mean, we've got the battle of Evolution, Batista defending the World's Title against Randy Orton!"

King: "We also have Shawn Michaels versus Kurt Angle, Haas and Benjamin versus Triple H and Ric Flair, Edge versus Chris Jericho, and an Intercontinental Title match!"

JR: "But right now let's go over to the Smackdown! side of things, with Michael Cole and Tazz!"

TAZZ-Thanks, J.R. You just heard some of the great things that RAW is bringing to you fans, but Smackdown! is going to be even greater! I'm Tazz, and sittin' besides me as always is Michael Cole.

COLE-Thanks, Tazz. And if you think the RAW card is stacked, just wait until you see Smackdown!'s side! We have two teams going against eachother in a rivalry that started two months ago and it only heats up even more with every passing week.

TAZZ-And going right up against RAW's main event is John Cena and Carlito Caribbean Cool going toe-to-toe with Captain Charisma as the special referee. Those two main events are going to be hard to compete with, but maybe our opening match will be able to do it.

COLE-Well let's find out. Our first match tonight is for the WWE Cruiserweight title, and it all started because of Torrie Wilson.

-----

Normal Singles Match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Tajiri w/ Torrie Wilson [vs] Chavo Guerrero©

[Prior to the match, Chavo got out of the ring and started stalking Torrie. Luckily Tajiri came from behind Chavo and kicked him in the knee to take him down. After the match got into the ring Tajiri got some moves in before Chavo went after Tajiri's hurt leg. He focused on delivering moves to the leg most of the beginning. He delivered chop blocks, dropkicks to the leg, knee drops to the leg, and put Tajiri's leg on the bottom rope and landed on it with his butt after jumping in the air. After a bit more of Chavo attacking his leg, Tajiri was able to use his good leg to kick Chavo in the ribs and then the gut. Tajiri picked him up into a powerbomb position and Chavo began punching him in the head, making Tajiri fall to the mat and for Chavo to land on top for a pin. Tajiri escaped the pin at the 2 count by slipping underneath and getting back to his feet. Chavo turned around and got nailed in the face with a kick. Tajiri stayed in control for a while, making sure not to use his bad leg or to let Chavo go after it. Chavo got back on the leg after he ducked a back handspring elbow attempt and swept Tajiri to the mat.

After Tajiri got back in control after reversing a huricanrana attempt into a powerbomb/face buster, he was more careful about the moves he tried executing. That cost him a bit since Chavo didn't ease up on any moves and he was once again driving the car. The match from this point was a little slow and not much went on. Chavo tried and tried and tried again to get a pinfall on Tajiri, but every time he was unable to. Figuring he wouldn't be able to win by pinfall, he slid out of the ring to grab his Cruiserweight title. As he slid back into the ring Tajiri got back up to his feet. Chavo ran at him with the belt and Tajiri ducked from getting hit in the head. Chavo turned back around and Tajiri nailed him in the jaw with a quick back kick. After hitting the kick he picked Chavo up and brought him over to the corner. He put Chavo in the tree of woe position and walked over to the opposite corner. He went running back towards Chavo and delivered a dropkick right into Chavo's face, which caused the champ to get a bloody nose. Tajiri now had a good offense and went after Chavo's own leg to try and soften it up. He got to get some moves in on it but couldn't soften it up enough. Tajiri took attention off the leg and just tried beating Chavo down. Soon Chavo started coming back and both matched eachother up with the offense. Chavo was able to whip Tajiri to the ropes and he went for a sidewalk slam, but Tajiri flipped backwards as Chavo grabbed him. Tajiri then went for a reverse ddt, but Chavo spun out of the hold. Tajiri went for a high Buzzsaw Kick, but Chavo caught his foot and delivered a bridging northern lights suplex. The ref started the pin count, and Torrie reached into the ring and pulled Chavo's leg, breaking the pin right as the ref's hand was coming down for the 3. Chavo looked at Torrie and got out of the ring. He grabbed her by the hair and slid her into the ring. He walked towards her as she crawled into the corner. Chavo picked Torrie up and started yelling at her. Tajiri got back up and tapped Chavo on the shoulders. He turned around and Tajiri leaned his head back then thrust it forward, spewing the Poison Mist. Chavo ducked as Tajiri thrust his head forward and the Mist hit Torrie's face! Tajiri tried helping Torrie as she screamed and wiped the mist from her face. Chavo went behind Tajiri and rolled him up and turned it into the Lowrider submission for the win. The crowd loved the match and were into it every minute.]

WINNER AND STILL WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION-Chavo Guerrero via Pinfall

OVERALL RATING-87%

-----

COLE-I can't believe Chavo! He is just like his uncle!

TAZZ-Well Cole, Torrie shouldn't have gotten involved in the match. If she knew the difference between good and bad, she would have just let her man lose the match.

COLE-I don't believe you actually think Chavo ducking so that Tajiri spit that Mist into Torrie's face is alright! While I try to cool down we are going to head to the back where we are told Christian is warming up for the Smackdown! main event this evening.

-----

A Family Reunion

[The camera cuts to the backstage area where we see Christian wearing his ref shirt with two little golden "C"s on the left part of the chest. We see him stretching his arms out, followed by shaking his hands around, rotating his shoulders, and stretching his arms towards his back. He walks down the hall and talks to himself.]

CHRISTIAN-Captain Charisma's referee debut! VCR's and Tivo's better be ready to record because this is going to be a historic night!

[Christian continues his way down the hall but stops in his tracks when he looks to his right. The camera shifts over to what he is looking at and reveals a door with "Edge" on it. Christian smirks and pounds the door a couple times. We can hear Edge's voice as he opens the door.]

EDGE-I told you I don't want to be...Oh. It's you. How has it been rotting on Smackdown! while I've been making myself famous?

CHRISTIAN-The only thing you are famous for is the person most likely to be married eleven times before you're thirty-five. Captain Charisma on the other hand has been hard at work, something you aren't too used to, defeating opponents greater than RAW can only imagine of having. I am now a dual employee on Smackdown!. Wrestler and referee. I have my peeps. What do you have? A briefcase and a slut that opens automatically whenever a guy walks up to her. That doesn't sound too successful nor famous, Edge.

EDGE-You better watch what you say. I carried your *** when we teamed up and the only reason you are still a singles competitor is because you were jealous of me and because I made you look good all the times we've faced eachother. And this briefcase signifies the battle I survived at WrestleMania. It signifies that I become the number one contender whenever I decide I want to be. As for me being successful. I have an actual match tonight. I am facing Chris Jericho. The man who thinks he is a rock star and the man who thinks he owns RAW. And after I beat him tonight, I will be able to get my head back on track of my real goal. You can bank on it!

CHRISTIAN-You may have an actual match, but The Captain is going to be a part of a main event tonight! Do you know what it is like to be a part of a main event when the biggest title you can achieve is on the line? You don't even know what it's like to even touch that kind of title, Edge. My job tonight is more important than yours. If you win your match you still are the same person walking around. If you lose your match you are still the same person walking around with yet another loss chalked up on the board. These hands are more important than your entire body tonight. I control the tempo of the match. I can make punches illegal or make low blows legal. I can screw over John Cena or Carlito...Does that sound familiar Edge? Screwing someone over, or in your case screwing someone AND screwing someone over?

[Edge lifts his fist up, about to punch Christian, but instead he just slams the door shut. Christian laughs as he goes back to walking down the hall.

OVERALL RATING-81%

-----

COLE-I'm surprised Edge didn't make any attempt at hitting his brother. Knowing him he would have sent Christian to the hospital.

TAZZ-Well that shows how much you know about Edge. You see him and think he is some kind of low life who does no good.

COLE-What do you expect me to think? He stole Lita away from the man that loved her to death!

TAZZ-Yeah well love doesn't last forever for everybody. And don't forget what Kane tried doing to Lita before she began to like him.

COLE-I can't get through to you, Tazz. Enough about RAW. We are staying on commentary for the next match, too. Coming up is a match between two teams that have started a heated rivalry last month and it only grows with each passing week!

-----

[A video plays highlighting The Dudleyz and MNM. It shows the video played from GAB and shows some footage from the Nitro/Bubba Tables match as well.]

-----

Normal Non-Title Tag Match

The Dudley Boyz [vs] MNM w/ Melina Perez

[D-Von and Nitro started the match off, with D-Von getting the early advantage. Back and forth brawling occured for the first few minutes and quite a few tags from MNM. Both Nitro and Mercury worked on keeping D-Von and Bubba either in the corner or against the ropes to trap them. They had to change plans after The Dudleyz managed to start fighting back. A few more tags were made early in the match, at this point being Bubba and Nitro. Both brawled more and Nitro locked in a front face lock to Bubba, who rammed Nitro into the corner and delivered a few shoulder thrusts. He then hit some jabs, but Nitro ducked one of them and Bubba ended up in the corner. Nitro tried whipping him to the opposite corner, but Bubba didn't budge and instead whipped Nitro stomach-first into the corner they were at. Nitro fell to the mat and Bubba repositioned him before climbing to the middle rope. He went for a reverse body splash, but Nitro moved out of the way. After he got up he ran at D-Von and knocked him off the apron. D-Von tried sliding into the ring, but the ref prevented him from doing so. Mercury got in the ring as the ref's back was turned and MNM picked Bubba up. They whipped him to the ropes and as he came back he went for a clothesline. Nitro ducked Bubba again and lifted him up for a back suplex. Mercury grabbed Bubba's head and MNM delivered their own version of the 3D-B. Nitro got out of the ring as Mercury went for the cover. D-Von was now back on the apron and the ref made the pin count, making it to two before Bubba kicked out.

MNM held onto control for pretty much the rest of the match until D-Von started fighting back after being tagged in. He got back on the offense after ducking a back elbow smash, running to the ropes and hitting a spinning shoulder block as he came back. This kept both down and D-Von crawled to his corner. Mercury reached out and grabbed his foot, stopping him in his tracks. Mercury got to his feet and started dragging D-Von over to his corner and tagged Nitro in. With D-Von still on his stomach, Nitro got into the ring and hit a Standing Shooting Star Press onto him. Mercury stayed in the ring and both continued an assault on D-Von. Bubba got into the ring and ducked a clothesline from Mercury and delivered a series of jabs to him as he turned around. He then rolled his arms in a circle, grabbed his crotch and nailed an elbow right on top of Mercury's head, knocking him down. Mercury rolled out of the ring after getting hit and Bubba went after Nitro. He picked him up and whipped him to the ropes as D-Von slowly started getting back up. Nitro came running back and Bubba delivered a big sideslam. Mercury now was underneath the ring and pulled out a table, setting it up a couple feet away from the apron. The Dudleyz were both up and D-Von sent Nitro to the ropes. As he did Mercury slid in and tackled Bubba the same time D-Von lifted Nitro up by the legs for the 3D. With Bubba taken down, Nitro countered into a swinging ddt. MNM rolled Bubba out onto the apron where the table was set up and Mercury slid out of the ring so that he was standing in front of the table. Nitro picked D-Von up and put his leg on the outside of the middle rope, followed by punching him so that D-Von fell backwards with his foot caught in the ropes. The ref got out of the ring quickly and tried helping D-Von. Bubba was now on his feet on the apron and Mercury put his head between Bubba's legs and grabbed them in a powerbomb like position. Nitro ran at Bubba and dropkicked him off the apron and Mercury delivered a powerbomb to Bubba through the table. MNM went over to where D-Von was and got his leg out of the ropes and slid him into the ring. They got into the ring, picked D-Von up and delivered the Snapshot and Nitro pinned him for the win!]

WINNERS-MNM via Pinfall

OVERALL RATING-82%

-----

TAZZ-Man, The Dudleyz just can't get a win over MNM.

COLE-What do you expect when MNM have to cheat every time they go up against The Dudleyz?.

TAZZ-Regardless, Cole. These aren't The Dudleyz I knew back in ECW. But it's time to head over to RAW

JR: "Thanks, Tazz, but before RAW's first match of the night gets underway, we are going to head to the back as we are told Kurt Angle has arrived and is about to go into his locker room."

-----

Hello Old...Friend?

[Kurt Angle is shown backstage, walking into his locker-room. When he steps in, he yells in outrage, as Mr. Socko is sitting on the couch. Angle picks him up off the couch quickly, looks around, and yells again, as Mick Foley is shown standing in front of a small fridge, looking for something.]

Angle: "What the hell are you doing here, Foley? Who let you in?"

[Foley turns around and smiles as if he's just found an old friend. He walks up to Kurt, and shakes his hand.]

Foley: "There he is! Kurt Angle....I've been waiting for you to show up! I'm sure you've heard....I'm Smackdown!'s new General Manager...that's how I got in, of course, the job does have its perks. Ah, I see you've met my co-General Manager!"

[Angle looks around, then looks at Mr. Socko. He throws it back at Foley.]

Angle: "Do you have any idea where you are, Mick?"

Foley: "Of course I do, Kurt. I'm right here, in the great capitol of the United States known as Washington D.C! [cheap pop.]"

Angle: "Yes....you idiot! You're in my locker-room! I don't want you in here! You can't just....barge in here, and raid my freaken' fridge...general manager or not! Get the hell out of here...I've got a match tonight!"

[Foley shakes his head, and slowly turns and leaves. He closes the door, and Angle slumps down on the couch. However, the door opens quickly, and Foley pops his head in.]

Angle: "What the hell do you want now?"

Foley: "Well....I forgot to tell you...Mr. Kurto wanted to say hi. If you ever want to see him...just gimme a call."

[Foley pulls out his hand from his pocket, on which Mr. Kurto resides. Foley waves his hand, then closes the door, leaving Angle sitting there awkwardly.]

-----

King: "Look JR, Mr. Kurto's back!"

JR: "I saw 'him' King, but we've got more important things to worry about right now. Like the Intercontinental Title match between Chris Benoit and Muhammad Hassan...which is coming up next!"

-----

WWE Intercontinental Title:

Muhammad Hassan© vs Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit came out first to a pretty good pop, and waited in the ring while Hassan (with Daivari, of course) made his entrance to huge heat. He got in the ring, shouted some words about Washington, then the bell rang. Benoit was on Hassan in an instant, throwing him into the corner, and immediately hitting him with his signature chops. Hassan took several, then managed to stagger out of the corner. Benoit immediately followed, going for a german suplex, but Hassan elbowed him hard in the face, and then leaned over to catch his breath. After a few moments, the two men faced off again, and locked up. Benoit actually seemed to have the advantage strength-wise, and would've gained control again if it wasn't for Hassan kicking him in the gut. Hassan then sent Benoit into the ropes, and went for a hip-toss, but Benoit just flipped over, and caught Hassan with a quick snap-suplex. Hassan got up quickly, and Benoit hit him with a scoop-slam as well. He then went for a quick Sharpshooter, but Hassan kicked at Benoit with his legs. Muhammad got up, and went after Benoit, but Benoit brought him down, and began a quick sequence of mat-wrestling.

Benoit absolutely dominate Hassan on the mat, he appeared to just be toying with him for a minute or so. He then began just twisting Hassan in as many ways as possible, causing Hassan to scream in pain. Hassan tried to make a quick comeback, but Benoit just slid around and locked Hassan in the crossface! Hassan was screaming in pain, and looked ready to tap out, until Daivari got up on the ring apron, and the referee (and Benoit went over to him.) While the referee was yelling at Daivari, Hassan crawled up behind Benoit, and got him with a low-blow. He rolled up Benoit, Daivari got off the apron, and the referee began his count....1....2...Benoit kicked out at the last possible moment! Muhammad stood onto his knees, shocked, and started yelling at Daivari, who also looked suprised. Hassan then shook his head, and began putting the boots to Benoit. Benoit managed to slowly get to his feet however, and another brawl started up. The two exchanged blows, with neither man having full control, until Benoit ducked under Hassan's arm, and caught him with a german suplex. Keeping his arms locked around Hassan's waist, Benoit got back up, and hit another, and yet one more. He then rose, and motioned across his throat, a signal he uses to symbolize that he is going to go for a swandive headbutt. He slowly got up to the top rope, but when he did, Hassan seemed to motion for the referee to come over to him. The referee did, and Benoit hesitated, which allowed Daivari to jump up, shake the rope, and cause Benoit to fall, his groin hitting the turnbuckle. Benoit slowly slid off, and Hassan crawled over for the pin. 1...2...Benoit managed to kick out again! However, Hassan got to his feet, cried out to the heavens, and hit Benoit with the Modified STO. He then pinned Benoit for the three-count.

Muhammad Hassan def. Chris Benoit via pinfall to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

Pretty good match, even if the two didn't exactly "click." Benoit tried his hardest to put on a good show, and he managed to get a good performance out of the rookie, Hassan. He didn't really lose cleanly, so Benoit shouldn't look too weak. (76)

-----

JR: "Muhammad Hassan retains his Intercontinental Title against Chris Benoit!"

King: "Benoit thought he had it won JR, but Hassan found a way to pick up the win."

JR: "It wasn't just Hassan King...that damn Daivari was in on it too!"

-----

Before we return to Cole and Tazz on commentary for the next match, a video begins playing on the TitanTron. It shows clips of different wrestlers Paul Heyman has managed in the past, from ECW to WWE. The first clips are of Heyman managing Brock Lesner when Lesner debuted, with clips of Lesner destroying wrestlers. The next clips are of Heyman turning on Lesner and joining Big Show and Angle, followed by clips of Show/Angle fueding with Lesner. The final set of clips are of The Dudleyz joining forces with Heyman and the match that took place between Undertaker and The Dudleyz last year at the GAB. The video ended with the words "Tonight...He Returns."

OVERALL RATING-77%

-----

Normal Singles Match for the WWE United States Championship

Simon Dean w/ The System [vs] Rey Mysterio© w/ Eddie Guerrero

[The match started off nice and slow with both men tying up and Simon applying a hammerlock. After he slapped Mysterio in the back of the head the match continue going on the slow side for several more minutes. The match started getting more fast paced when Mysterio came running back from the ropes after being whipped to them and baseball sliding between Dean's legs, allowing Dean to grab Mysterio in a wheelbarrow position. Dean lifted him into the air and Mysterio tried going for a bulldog, but Dean landed him on his feet. He then went for a back suplex, but Mysterio flipped behind. Dean turned around and Mysterio went for a swinging ddt, but instead Dean lifted him up and ran into the corner, setting Mysterio in a sitting position on the top turnbuckle. Mysterio then started kicking him in the face and managed to nail a kick hard enough that it sent Dean to the mat. Mysterio got onto the middle turnbuckle, facing it, and when Dean got up he slingshot himself and delivered a headscissors takedown, sending Dean shoulder first into the turnbuckle. He grabbed Dean by the tights and rolled him up, but only got a two count. Dean was brought back to his feet and he punched Mysterio right in the kisser the minute he got up. Mysterio fell to the mat near the ring ropes and Dean grabbed his shoulder as he screamed in pain. The ref asked if he was alright and if he could continue as Johnny Swinger handed Frankie Kazarian a belt. Kazarian wrapped it around Mysterio's neck and started choking him out. Eddie saw this and rushed over, only to be stopped by Swinger. The ref, now convinced Dean could continue, turned around to see Swinger and Eddie going at it and Kazarian letting go of the belt around Rey's neck. The ref order not The System, but all THREE men to go to the back. Instead of simply walking there, The System and Eddie brawled to the back.

Later into the match with things still evened up, Dean was gaining more control. Mysterio tried hitting some high risk offense, like when he went for a springboard body press and Dean nailed him in the face with a dropkick. After Dean started clubbing at Mysterio's neck, he lifted him up and delivered a piledriver to him. Perhaps a sign that the piledriver will be legal in the WWE again? At this point Paul Heyman made his way out to the ring with a chair. He set the chair up near the ring and sat down on it, smirking as the match went on. Dean looked at Heyman and went back to Mysterio, picking him up and whipping him to the corner. Dean ran at him and went for a spear, but Mysterio used the ropes to lift himself out of the way and behind Dean. He grabbed Dean and whipped him towards the ropes, only to have Dean reverse the irish whip. Mysterio came running back and Dean went for a sideslam, but Mysterio countered and turned it into a huricanrana, sending Dean to land on the middle rope. Rey-Rey put his hands to his mouth and ran to the ropes. He came running back and went for the 619, but Dean moved out of the way. Mysterio spun back into the ring and Dean nailed him in the gut, followed by delivering The Simonizer. He went for the pin, and Mysterio barely got his foot on the bottom rope to break the fall. Heyman now got up from his seat and extended his arms to his sides and slightly above his head with his thumbs out. All of a sudden, -Walk- by Pantera began to play and Rob Van Dam came running out. He slid into the ring and ducked a clothesline from Dean. Right after he did he rolled forward on the mat and delivered the rolling thunder to Mysterio. The ref called for the bell, but RVD continued with his plan. He turned towards Dean and caught his foot and nailed a step over heel kick. Heyman slid the chair into the ring and RVD grabbed it. Mysterio started to slowly get to his knees and RVD took him down with a hard chair shot to the head. He did the same to Dean as he started getting up and then he dragged Mysterio to the corner. He left Rey sitting in the corner and put the chair in front of his face. He went to the corner on the other side of the ring and climbed to the top. He pointed his thumbs at his head, and then delivered a deadly VanTerminator to Mystero! RVD grabbed Dean and picked him up, who was barely able to stand. RVD grabbed the chair and tossed it to Dean. Dean caught the chair and fell victim to a VanDaminator! RVD exited the ring and Heyman grabbed his hand and lifted it into the air.]

WINNER AND STILL WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPION-Rey Mysterio via DQ

OVERALL RATING-84%

-----

COLE-What the? It's Rob Van Dam! Rob Van Dam is Paul Heyman's new client! And Heyman was right about his new client making an impact!

TAZZ-I didn't see this comin', Cole. First Heyman gets The Dudleyz last year and this year he gets RVD.

COLE-Why would RVD want to be in the same corner as Paul Heyman? Heyman is the one who had Brock Lesner destroy RVD back in 2002!

TAZZ-I dunno why he would do this. We just havta wait 'til Smackdown! to find out why.

COLE-Yeah, but what we don't have to wait for is our next match, and we are heading back over to J.R. and The King for it.

JR: "Coming up next is a match that should put an end to a feud between two men who feel that they have been wronged."

King: "It's the Highlight of the Night versus Edge, JR!"

-----

Singles Match:

Chris Jericho vs Edge

Chris Jericho came down to the ring to a pretty good pop, he gets one pretty much wherever he goes. Edge then came down with Lita to great heat, and the match was underway. The two men immediately ran after eachother, and began hitting eachother with everything they had. The two exchanged blows for quite some time, each man getting in some hits on the other, before they broke apart, Edge backing into a corner. Jericho went after him quickly, and started to hit him, but Edge ducked a blow and slammed Jericho's head into the turnbuckle. He went to hit Jericho, but Y2J reversed it, and began hitting Edge again. Jericho eventually climbed on top of Edge, and hit him in the head ten times as the crowd egged him on. Jericho then took some time to briefly pose around the ring, and catch his breath. He allowed Edge to get up, then tossed him into the ropes. Edge came running back, and Jericho got him with a quick drop toe-hold, causing Edge to lay sprawled across the ropes. Jericho then did his taunt, ran into the ropes, and jumped onto Edge's back. He posed for a moment, and bent down to pick up Edge, but Edge caught him with a quick roll-up! 1...2...Jericho just managed to kick out in time.

Both men rose to their feet, the battle reborn anew. Jericho took Edge down to the mat, and they quickly did a chain-wrestling sequence, looking for an opportunity to pin their opponent, or lock them in a submission. Neither man could gain a clear advantage, however, and after a couple of minutes Edge grabbed the ropes, which forced Jericho to break contact. This allowed both men to recover, and go at it once more. As they exchanged punches, the fatigue on their faces was visible. Both men were becoming desperate, and when men become desperate, they do whatever they can to rid themselves of the emotion. And so, Edge kicked Jericho in the gut, and nailed a quick Edgecution. He went for the pin, but Jericho kicked out at the two count, causing Edge to rise and pull his hair in frustration. He then picked up Jericho, threw him into the turnbuckle, and climbed for a superplex. However, when he got to the top, Jericho seemed to regain some strength, and he began punching Edge, causing Edge to lose his balance and fall from the turnbuckle. Jericho slowly got down from the top, picked up Edge, and hit a good vertical suplex. Quick pin attempt got only two. Obviously wanting to end this match soon, Jericho went to Edge's feet, and tried to go for the Walls of Jericho. Edge, however, had another idea, and he rolled Jericho up quickly. 1...2...Jericho just managed to kick out! The two got up and brawled slowly again, until Jericho kicked Edge in the gut, and ran into the ropes before hitting Edge with a running bulldog. Jericho then taunted Edge, and ran into the ropes, going for the Lionsault...but when his feet touched the ropes, he suddenly fell backwards. Lita was shown, on the outside, pulling the rope down, and causing Jericho to slip. Jericho got to his feet slowly, and when he was, he was greeted with a Spear! Edge pinned Jericho, 1...2....the referee suddenly stopped counting, and pointed to Jericho's foot, which was on the bottom rope. Edge looked furious, but he pulled Jericho into the middle of the ring, and locked in the Edgecator. Jericho struggled briefly, but after a few moments, he tapped out. Edge celebrated up the ramp with Lita after the match.

Edge def. Chris Jericho via submission.

Pretty good match, these two Canadians always work pretty well together...their styles mesh together well. Edge is gaining momentum, he has been since WrestleMania when he won the Money in the Bank match. He's getting some good heat, the Matt Hardy/Lita/Edge situation stays fresh in the fans minds. And Jericho...c'mon...it's Chris Jericho! (84)

-----

JR: "Damn that Lita King, she just cost Chris Jericho the match!"

King: "How can you say that, JR? Edge could've kicked out...and even then, Edge won via submission!"

JR: "I....well, up next we've got a tag team match between two sure Hall-of-Famers and two young lions!"

-----

Tag Team Match:

World's Greatest Tag Team vs Triple H & Ric Flair

Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin were out first, they came down to Haas's music and got a good reaction. Ric Flair and Triple H then came out...to the Evolution music! They got some quiet cheers mixed in with the boos, as usual. Flair and Benjamin started off in the ring first, and circled eachother before locking up. They immediately went into the corner, where Flair caught Benjamin with a stiff chop. Benjamin then shoved Flair into the corner, and chopped him. They continued to exchange the chops for several rounds, until Flair got the upper-hand, and Benjamin staggered out of the corner. Flair went over to him quickly, bringing him into his corner, and tagged in Triple H. "The Game" immediately went to work on Benjamin, hitting him with a suplex, and following it up with a knee to the face. A quick pin got a close two count. Triple H then sent Benjamin into the corner, and tagged in Flair. The two hit Benjamin several times, before Triple H lifted Benjamin onto the turnbuckle. Flair climbed up with him, going for a suplex, but Benjamin managed to flip over Flair, spring across the ring, and tag in Charlie Haas!

Haas immediately went to work on Flair, punching him several times before locking up in the middle of the ring, and taking him down to the mat. Haas and Flair went at it in a chain-wrestling sequence for a brief time, before Flair managed to escape and grab the ropes near Triple H. He tried to tag in Hunter, but Charlie just pulled Flair back, locking him in a leglock. Flair seemed to be in pain, but he just couldn't get near the ropes. After about a minute, Triple H got in the ring, and distracted the referee, which allowed the "Dirtiest Player in the Game" to poke Haas in the eyes and escape the submission. He then crawled to his corner, and tagged in Triple H. Hunter got in quickly, and just started beating on Haas. Haas couldn't match the power of "the Game," and that was easy to see. After hitting a series of suplexes and slams on Haas, Triple H mockingly threw Haas into the corner, so he could tag in Shelton Benjamin. Benjamin jumped over the ropes to get into the ring, and went after Triple H. The two had a nice, even brawl for a while, with Triple H beating Benjamin due to his strength, but with Benjamin getting in some good shots because of his athleticism and speed. Benjamin managed to get Triple H backed into his own corner, and then went back, hitting the Stinger Splash. Triple H staggered out, and Benjamin went near Haas, before putting Triple H on his shoulders! Haas went up top, going for the Doomsday Device, he flew off the top rope...and connected! Benjamin pins, 1...2...the count was broken up, as Ric Flair ran in. Haas and Benjamin began going after Flair as well, but when Flair was irish-whipped into the corner, the referee was caught behind him. However, this didn't stop Benjamin from running over, and having Haas throw him in the air for the Splash! The referee was clearly down, and Haas and Benjamin posed in the middle of the ring as Triple H and Flair tried to recover. Haas went outside, picking up a chair, and brought it into the ring. Flair got up slowly, Haas prepared to hit him...but Haas suddenly turned around, and drilled Shelton Benjamin with the chair! Haas stood in the middle of the ring, a look of fury and sadness on his face, then he slowly turned and left the ring. Triple H looked at Haas in shock, then picked up Benjamin, and nailed the Pedigree! The referee came to his senses, and administered the pinfall, 1....2.....3. Charlie Haas just walked up the ramp after the match, glanced one last time at Benjamin, then walked to the back.

Triple H & Ric Flair def. World's Greatest Tag Team via pinfall.

Pretty good match here, the Haas turn was a little obvious, but at least it was done. This should lead to some interesting programming in the coming weeks, as well as a push for Haas as well as Benjamin. There's no doubt that those two will put on a great match whenever they hook up together. (89)

-----

JR: "Charlie Haas...damn him, King! He just turned on his best friend!"

King: "Now now JR, we don't know why he did it! He could have a perfectly good explanation."

JR: "I doubt that, King. I really doubt that!"

-----

A video plays showing the events that took place at GAB. From clips of the JBL/Kane match and The Undertaker locking Kane in a trailer that was burning from the inside.to clips of the previous couple weeks of Smackdown!.

-----

Normal Singles Match

The Undertaker [vs] John Bradshaw Layfield w/ The Cabinet

[When the bell rang both men just had a little stare down in the middle of the ring. JBL was the first to attack as he threw a punch at Taker, who just stood their and took in the punch. JBL hit another one, and then another one, and went for another one, but Taker grabbed his hand and twisted it. He took his free hand and grabbed JBL by the throat and tossed him into the corner. Taker started opening up with a series of quick punches to JBL's head and ended with an elbow right to his temple. Taker didn't let up and JBL barely got in any offense about the first half of the match. The offense that he did get in were a few kicks and punches. Most of the time he was escaping from moves. JBL did send Taker to the outside a few times and distract the referee, allowing his Cabinet to go after Taker, but only worked once. The other times Taker beat them down and even sent Jordan over the barricade into some fans. After Taker took JBL out with a Choke Slam, Morgan and Reigns got into the ring and went at him. Taker ducked a double clothesline and the two Cabinet members nailed the ref. Taker then went wild on them and grabbed eachother by the throat, Choke Slamming both. JBL and Taker then brawled without a ref for a while, going to the outside and into the crowd for a little while.

After the ref came back from taking a nap, both men were back into the ring with JBL starting to gain an advantage. He ducked a big boot from Taker and was able to stun him with a kick to the gut. After that he just clubbed him in the back of the neck. After more brawling, JBL sent Taker into the corner and went for a clothesline, but Taker dodged him. As JBL turned around in the corner, Taker nailed a big boot. He then grabbed JBL's arm and twisted it. He climbed to the top rope and nailed some old school. Taker went on to beat JBL down and JBL was able to kick him in the gut again. He went for the JBL Bomb, but Taker lifted him over his back. Taker ran to the ropes and delivered a leg drop to him and picked him back up, sending him into the corner after he did. He ran at JBL and went for a clothesline, but JBL got out of the way and ran to the ropes. After Taker hit the corner and turned around, he grabbed JBL by the throat. As he lifted him into the air, fire shot up from the entrance way and Taker dropped JBL to look at it. After the fires died down, Taker turned around and got nailed with a Clothesline From Hell. JBL went for the cover, but Taker tossed him off his body. JBL got up as Taker sat up. The Dead Man now got to his feet and JBL ran at him to hit another Clothesline From Hell, but the lights went out. A few seconds later they came back on and The Undertaker was laid out on the mat, blood dripping from his head. JBL looked shocked, but he covered Taker and got the 3 count.]

WINNER-John Bradshaw Layfield via Pinfall

OVERALL RATING-82%

-----

COLE-JBL has once again defeated The Dead Man!

TAZZ-But he can thank Kane for that. Those pyro's and lights couldn't of gone off by themselves.

COLE-Yeah, but making The Undertaker bleed is a little much. Nonetheless, this was a great match, and coming next will be just as great a match when two of RAW's most talented performers face off!

JR: "That's right, because coming up next ladies and gentlemen is a rematch from WrestleMania 21."

King: "I've been waiting for this all night JR, if it's anything like their match from WrestleMania then it'll be great!"

JR: "The Heart-Break Kid, Shawn Michaels, goes up against the only Olympic Medalist in WWE History...Kurt Angle."

-----

Singles Match:

Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle

Shawn Michaels was out first, and he recieved one of the biggest pops all night. Kurt Angle was out last, and he actually got a few cheers thrown in with the boos. He's really over with the fans, and he should be. The two men circled eachother in the middle of the ring to kick off the match, and made towards eachother several times, but they didn't lock up. It took several times before the two locked arms in a test of strength. Both guys had their moment of control in this match, until Angle kicked Michaels in the gut and hit a quick belly-to-belly suplex. He went for the pin quickly, but only got a two count. Angle immediately went for a chin-lock, but Michaels fluidly slipped out of it, went around Angle, and rolled him up for a quick two count. The two then stood up, and faced off in the middle of the ring. After a brief break in the action, they locked up, and went down to the mat. They put eachother in countless holds and submissions, but the other man was always able to break out of what the other had put him in. There were several quick near-falls, but nothing won the match for them. They got up, and Michaels hit a quick arm-drag, then put him in an armbar. Angle didn't struggle for too long, and he found the energy to get up. He shoved Michaels towards the outside, but Michaels ducked, and pulled down the bottom rope as Angle ran near, causing Angle to tumble over to the outside.

Michaels stood in the ring, catching his breath, then ran into the ropes, and jumped over the top rope into the arms of a rising Kurt Angle. The two toppled into the barrier between the ring and the fans, and both were down. The referee began his ten-count, and Michaels slowly got up, rolling into the ring to break it up before nine. He then rolled back out, and started brawling with Angle. The two went around the ring for a while, stopping to roll in and break up the count. They fought their way over to the announce table, where Angle went for a quick Angleslam through the table. However, Michaels slid out of it, and clocked Angle in the face with some Sweet Chin Music! Angle went spread-eagle over the table, and Michaels fell onto the floor. HBK slowly crawled towards the ring, and he managed to get inside. The referee then restarted the ten-count, as Angle stirred. He reached the count of nine before Angle was able to re-enter the ring, and when he did get back in, he looked pissed off. Angle charged at Michaels, who took him down with a quick arm-drag. Angle lept back up to his feet, and charged at Michaels, only to be hit with the same move. However, when he tried this again, he ducked under Michaels' arm, and caught HBK with a german suplex. Keeping his arms lockecd, he hit two more of them, then he stood up, undoing the straps on his wrestling gear. He waited patiently for Michaels to rise, then he went behind him, going for the Angle Slam. He never connected with it though, as Michaels brought him down into a DDT! The fans popped, as both men went down. However, in vintage HBK-fashion, Michaels did a kip-up. Feeding off of the fans, Michaels climbed up to the top-rope. He paused for a moment, then flew off, driving his elbow into the heart of Kurt Angle. Michaels crawled over, and hooked the leg....1...2...Angle just managed to kick out! Both men lay on the mat in their exhaustion, until Michaels slowly got up. He went into the corner, and began "tuning up the band" when Angle got up, Michaels ran forward, and tried to go for a Superkick....but Angle ducked, and hit the Angle Slam! Angle crawled over, and locked in the Ankle Lock! Michaels screamed in agony, as Angle twisted and pulled on his ankle, yet he somehow managed to roll out of it, sending Angle into the ropes. Michaels slowly got up, and Angle went after him. Angle went for the Angle Slam again, but Michaels slipped off of his back, and using his good leg, hit Angle with the Sweet Chin Music! He collapsed on top of Angle, 1...2....3!

Shawn Michaels def. Kurt Angle via pinfall.

Of course, it was a good match. However, it wasn't quite as good as their match at WrestleMania. Things just seemed more epic there, for some reason. However, that doesn't take away from this at all. It was still a quality match, which is what was expected from these two future legends of wrestling. (90)

-----

JR: "Shawn Michaels picks up a win over Kurt Angle! It's tied at 1 and 1 now, who's the better superstar?"

King: "It's gotta be Angle, JR, he made Shawn Michaels tap out at WrestleMania!"

-----

We cut to a video with "Earlier Today" shown in the lower corner of the screen. We see Carlito walking into the arena with a tropical designed gym bag and 'cool' clothes. Josh Matthews runs up to, calling his name.

MATTHEWS-Carlito! Carlito! Tonight in just a few hours you step into the ring with John Cena with a chance to become the WWE Champion for the first time in your career. What are your thoughts?

CARLITO-'Ey man. If you are going to ask Carlito a question, ask him a....cool...question...Yes. Tonight it is John Cena...Carlito...WWE Championship. And dat's cool. What isn't cool is having a special referee. 'Specially when that referee is da man I defeated only a month ago. Christian isn't cool, and neither is his appearance on SummerSlam. But no matter how big the odds are stacked, I will break through them because I am Carlito...Caribbean...Cool!

MATTHEWS-No offense Carlito, but is anything not about you cool?

CARLITO-Are you saying that I have an ego? John Cena has an ego. Da Rock has an ego. Steve Austin has an ego. And ego's....they're not cool. What is cool? This hairstyle is cool [Points At His Hair]. This shirt is cool. Apples [Pulls Apple From Bag]...Are cool. What else is cool? Watch me win the WWE Championship later. That will be the coolest thing that WWE has witnessed.

[Carlito bites his apple and spits it in Matthew's face. He walks away as we cut to a short video clip highlighting the up-bringing of the Smackdown! main event.]

OVERALL RATING-76%

-----

Singles Match for the WWE Championship w/ Special Referee Christian

John Cena© [vs] Carlito Caribbean Cool

[Before the match started, Christian did the usual thing the refs do when it is a title match. Sort of. When Cena handed Christian his title, Christian looked into it and smiled, followed by holding it into the air and yelling "This will be mine!". The match was quite better than the Christian/Carlito encounter a month ago, so it took worries off of management. During the match Christian changed the rules to what he wanted. He would let Carlito do certain things and refused to let Cena do them, he would do fast count outs when they were on the outside or down, and he would do either really slow or really fast pinfalls. Due to Carlito losing to Taker last Smackdown!, he was allowed to get the advantage rather quickly to bring credibility back. Cena came back strong midway through after reversing the Cool Factor by elbowing Carlito in the head. He then ran to the ropes and delivered the throw back. Once he got up he ran to the ropes again and as he came back he brushed his shoulder off, followed by nailing the five knuckle shuffle. Cena started pumping his shoes and the crowd went wild as he picked Carlito up and onto his shoulders. He delivered the F-U and pinned him, but Christian stopped counting once he reached two and just stood up. Cena, pissed off at this point, got up and started getting into Christian's face. Carlito, barely able to move, rolled Cena up and Christian made a fast count, but Cena was lucky enough to break out at 2.

After some more of Christian trying to screw Cena over, he started trying to screw Carlito over by pulling the same stuff and not even counting some pins. Eventually Cena told Carlito they should double team Christian and Carlito nodded his head. Cena walked towards Christian first and Carlito attacked Cena from behind. After beating him down some, Carlito actually got Cena in a full nelson and Christian nailed Cena in the midsection with a forearm. After delivering a Swinging Neckbreaker, Carlito took the padding off of the top turnbuckle and picked Cena up. He walked over and was going to slam Cena's head into it, but Cena started fighting back again and slammed Carlito's head into it. Christian got in Cena's face this time and warned him not to do it again, which Cena replied to with a punch to the jaw. Christian held his jaw as he crawled to the corner and told the time keeper to give him the belt. After being handed it, he got up and ran towards Cena and Carlito. Cena turned around and ducked as Christian ran at him. Christian nailed Carlito in the head with the belt and Cena shoved Christian out of the way as he covered Carlito, but Christian didn't even count. Cena got up and yelled at Christian and even pushed him. Christian just took the belt and laid Cena out. With both men down, Christian just stood there. He finally dragged Carlito's arm over Cena and started counting, stopping as his hand came down for the 3. He changed the two so the Cena's arm was covering Carlito, and as his hand came down for 3, Carlito kicked out. Christian picked Carlito up and delivered the Unprettier onto the title belt and put Cena over Carlito's body and made a normal 3 count.]

WINNER AND STILL WWE CHAMPION-John Cena via Pinfall

OVERALL RATING-83%

-----

TAZZ-And Cena retains his title once again!

COLE-But Christian made unfair calls the entire match. First he lets Carlito use weapons and then he tells Cena he can't or he'll be disqaulified...What kind of a ref is that? And then Christian refused to make pin counts a couple of times, too!

TAZZ-The point is Cena retained even with all the stuff Christian tried pullin'. And that match concludes Smackdown!'s portion of SummerSlam.

JR: " And it's time ladies and gentlemen, for the main event!"

King: "The Legend Killer Randy Orton goes one-on-one with Batista for the World Heavyweight Title!"

-----

World Heavyweight Title:

Batista© vs Randy Orton

Randy Orton was the first to come down to the ring, where he posed with an arrogant smile. The lights then dimmed, as the crowd waited. Batista's music hit to an absolutely massive pop from his home-town fans, and he came down to the ring in an explosion of pyro. He and Orton had a brief stare-down before the match began, until Orton moved forward. He seemed reluctant to lock-up with Batista, and for good reason. The moment they locked up, Orton had only managed to send Batista backwards a foot before Batista pushed back, sending Orton flying across the ring. Orton got up, and stared at Batista, who just smiled and flexed his muscles. Not to be outdone, Orton ran at Batista, and began punching him into the corner. Batista staggered back a little bit, but when Orton shoved him into the corner, he grabbed Orton, and forced him into the corner instead. The two began exchanging blows, until Orton started to lose. Orton slipped under Batista's punch, and hit a quick European uppercut. Batista lost control, and Orton uppercutted him again, and again. After several times, Orton allowed Batista to stagger out, and he then hit Batista with a swift dropkick, sending "The Animal" over the top rope, and onto the floor. Orton then posed in the ring before giving chase.

The two former members of Evolution met on the floor, and began exchanging blows right there. Orton managed to gain some control, and used his momentum to send Batista into the steel steps with an irish whip. After rolling in the ring, Orton picked up a hurt Batista, and whipped him into the crowd barrier. The "Legend Killer" then slowly walked over, and after hitting Batista with some chops and punches, slapped Batista in the face. Orton smiled as he brought Batista back into the ring, where he rolled him into the middle. Orton them climbed the turnbuckle, waiting for Batista to get up. Batista rose slowly, and when he did, Orton flew off the top with a cross-body. He didn't take Batista down however, the Champion used his brute strength to catch him in mid-air! Batista picked up Orton, placed him on his shoulders, and hit a samoan drop! 1...2...it wasn't quite enough to put him away yet. Orton and Batista both got up, and faced eachother, before exchanging right hands. Batista sent Orton into the ropes, and went for a clothesline, which Orton ducked...Orton came running at Batista again...Spinebuster! Batista hooked the leg of Orton, 1..2...Orton just managed to kick out! The fans started to get excited now, as Batista stood up, and gave Orton the thumbs-up...thumbs-down. Orton got to his feet, and Batista had him in position...but Orton pushed Batista, squishing the referee in the corner! The ref went down, and Batista looked at Orton, obviously pissed off. He went for the Batista Bomb, but Orton sank to his knees, and hit a low-blow! Batista went down, and Orton slowly got up. He looked at Batista with a vicious glare, then he smirked and hit the RKO! Orton dragged the referee over to make the pin, and he slowly does.....1........2.......Batista kicked out! Orton is shocked! He stands up, and signals for another RKO. As Batista gets up, Orton jumps into the air...and Batista shoves him off! Orton gets up, and runs at Batista...who hits a massive spinebuster! Batista stands up swiftly, with a burst of adrenaline, and signals for the end. Batista waits for Orton to rise, and when he does, he puts him in position. He lifts up Orton slowly, then sends the "Legend Killer" crashing to the mat with a bone-crushing Batista Bomb! Batista rolls out, and hooks the leg, 1....2....3! The crowd erupts as Batista rises, and is handed the World Heavyweight Championship. He smiles and holds it high above his head to the standing ovation for the home-town hero.

Batista def. Randy Orton via pinfall to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

Not too bad of a match, not bad at all. It wasn't overly long, so neither of their weaknesses were really exposed to the audience. Orton put up a damn good fight, and even though he lost, he came out of this looking as strong as ever. And Batista's reign of dominance over RAW continues. (84)

-----

JR: "The Legend Killer hunted the Animal...and bah gawd, the Animal has survived! That's all we have for tonight. Be sure to tune into RAW tomorrow to see what happens! For The King, Michael Cole, and Tazz, good night ladies and gentleman!"

[The show ends with Batista posing with the World Title upon the turnbuckle.]

-----

SUMMERSLAM RATING (RAW PORTION)-84%

SUMMERSLAM RATING (SD! PORTION)-81%

OVERALL SUMMERSLAM RATING-

IPB Image

WWE RAW Results

JR: "We're just 24 hours removed from SummerSlam ladies and gentlemen, and what an event that was!"

King: "It sure was great JR, awesome action from both RAW and the Smackdown! side!"

JR: "And we've got a rematch of the great main event from last night...right here on RAW! That's right, Batista goes one-on-one with Randy Orton in tonight's main event!"

King: "Batista did it once JR...but can he do it again?"

-----

World Tag Team Titles:

Monsters Inc.© vs Justice League vs True Perfection

This match wasn't exactly a great one. But with Rosey, Snitsky, Heidenreich, and Masters all in the same ring, what can you expect? Still, Jindrak and Hurricane stepped it up (even if Hurricane did seem out of his element) and the match was decent enough. Hurricane got beat around a lot when he was in the ring, and the other guys just took turns beating the crap out of eachother. Any of the teams could've won the belts really, but some things just weren't ment to be. One of those things just happens to be the fact that nobody can break the Masterlock. Masters locked it in on Snitsky late in the match, and Jindrak managed to hold off everyone long enough for Snitsky to pass out, leaving True Perfection as the new Tag Team Champions.

-----

The Unforgiving Highlight Reel

[When the show came back from a commercial, the Highlight Reel was set, and Chris Jericho was standing in the ring, microphone in hand.]

Jericho: "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back...to RAW....IS....JERICHO! [pop.] Now, I know that all of you Jerichoholics are angry...you're upset...and quite frankly, so is Y2J! Last night at SummerSlam, I suffered a loss at the hands of Edge. Well, you know this Edge....wait a minute, you think you know him...anyway, Edge couldn't quite put me down on his own. So what did he do? He got his ***** to help him! [boos.] But that's not what I'm here for tonight. No, because you see, I'm not the only one who lost an important match last night. No, other people lost too. So without any further adue, allow me to intoduce my guest, the only Olympic Gold Medalist in WWE History....Kurt Angle!"

[Angle's music hits, and he makes his way down to the ring to chants of "You Suck!" He gets in the ring, and grabs a microphone.]

Jericho: "Well well...look what we have here. Kurt Angle! How's it goin' bro? [Angle doesn't say anything.] Fine...be that way. Go curl up in your little hole and cry. Because last night Kurt, you got beat! [pop.] Oh yes...yes you did. You lost, like so many of us have, to the 'Heart-Break Kid,' Shawn Michaels. He pinned you Kurt, and I watched that referee count, 1....2..."

[Angle cuts him off before he can say anymore.]

Angle: "Who really gives a damn, Chris? Everybody knows that match didn't matter! I beat Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania, the grandest stage of them all. And you know what else? I made him TAP OUT! I made him scream like a little girl...I nearly broke his freaken' ankle! So Shawn Michaels can talk all he wants...it doesn't matter! I won at WrestleMania, I beat him first! I won the Superbowl, folks. Who cares that he won a rematch in the preseason? The best he can do is tie me with a meaningless win."

["I'm Back!" Eric Bischoff's theme music plays, and he makes his way out to a mixture of boos and cheers. He has a microphone in hand.]

Bischoff: "Let me get this straight Kurt...you actually think this whole thing is over? [Angle looks shocked, but nods.] It's not, Kurt. You see, I've spoken with Shawn, and we've both agreed that this thing can't end in a tie. Two of the best of all-time...tied? That just doesn't work. You see, these matches are making me lots of money, Kurt. Too much money to end it like this. People want to see Shawn Michaels wrestle Kurt Angle! And that's why tonight I'm making the first match for Unforgiven. It's going to be Kurt Angle versus Shawn Michaels...part three! The War to Settle the Score!"

[The crowd pops as Bischoff leaves, leaving Kurt Angle looking suprised and somewhat angry.]

-----

Tag Team Match:

Benoit & Rhyno vs Hassan & Daivari

Nice little tag team match here on RAW. Benoit and Rhyno used to team together, so they had some chemistry there. Hassan and Daivari are getting more comfortable teaming with eachother as well. Lots of good action, even if Daivari was physically dominated by both Benoit and Rhyno. Hassan also got beat up quite a bit too, Benoit's chops looked stiff. Hassan and Daivari tried to cheat to win, but they couldn't quite pull it off. Benoit almost made Hassan tap-out to the Crippler Crossface, but Daivari broke it up with a splash from the top. In the end, it was Rhyno and Daivari in the ring. Rhyno hit Daivari with the Gore, and pinned him for the win. He stared down a terrified Muhammad Hassan after the match.

-----

The Man Who Was Betrayed

[Todd Grisham is shown backstage, where he is jogging after Shelton Benjamin.]

Grisham: "Shelton Benjamin...what are your thoughts on last night?"

[benjamin doesn't say anything, he merely continues walking.]

Grisham: "How does it feel to be betrayed by one of your best friends?"

[benjamin stops, turns around at Grisham, and stares at him with a haunted expression upon his face. He then turns around and walks away once more, and Grisham doesn't bother following him.]

-----

Singles Match:

Shelton Benjamin vs Ric Flair

Very entertaining match, just like all of the matches they've had together previously. This was about telling a story, really. Benjamin just looked absolutely out of it here. And Flair definately didn't show any mercy. If anything, Flair put even more effort into this than he did in their matches together in the past, coming up with a variety of submissions to put Benjamin in, and using his usual cheating ways. Yet Benjamin just simply didn't seem to care. Benjamin missed a Stinger Splash, and Flair came from behind, and rolled him up (using the tights) to get the win. After the match, Benjamin stood, and Flair slapped him in the face. Triple H then ran down with a chair, and bashed Benjamin in the back of the head. Benjamin was left after a beat-down in a pool of his own blood.

-----

The Best Damn Tag Team

[The camera goes to the back, where it shows Charlie Haas watching Shelton Benjamin be escorted out on a stretcher with a evil smile upon his face. However, there is a knock at his door, and he opens it. Rob Conway stands there with Dawn Marie.]

Conway: "What's up, man?"

[Haas just shrugs.]

Conway: "Look...I heard about what happened last night. And I come here with a proposition. Shelton Benjamin...he didn't exactly treat you fairly, did he? He wanted all the glory for himself. Nobody ever talked about you, even though you were just as good as he is. That's why you turned on him, right? [Haas nods.] So I've got an idea."

[Conway extends his hand.]

Conway: "How about you and I team up? We can form just as good a team as you formed with him, maybe even better. And we'll be equals, Charlie. I'll watch your back, and you can watch mine. We could be great, Charlie. We could be the best...the best damn tag team...period."

[Haas looks at Conway's hand, considers it for a moment, then takes it, a smirk on his face.]

-----

The Meeting

[Chris Benoit is shown backstage, standing next to Ric Flair.]

Benoit: "What are you doing, Ric?"

Flair: "What?"

[Flair looks confused, but Benoit continues.]

Benoit: "Don't you have any honor anymore, Ric? I saw what you did tonight. And quite frankly...it makes me sick. You're a sixteen-time World Heavyweight Champion! You are a legend, no...you are THE legend! When people think of great wrestlers, they think about you. So what was there to gain earlier? What did you gain by sending a young kid to the hospital? Nothing, Ric. You didn't gain anything! So why, Ric? Why? That's what I want to know, and I think you need to know too."

[benoit leaves the room, just as Triple H walks in. Triple H looks suspicious, but doesn't say anything.]

-----

World Heavyweight Title:

Batista© vs Randy Orton

Although these two didn't put on quite as good of a match as they did last night, they still entertained. Pretty much the same basic story was told that was in the match last night...that being about Batista being too strong for Orton to handle. Orton did get very close to winning in this one as well though, but Batista managed to evade the RKO several times. Orton nearly won with the O-Zone, a move he used to use as a finisher, but Batista kicked out of that. In the end, Batista caught Orton with a Spinebuster, and started to taunt him with the "thumbs up." However, as soon as he lifted up Orton onto his shoulders, preparing to send him crashing down to the mat, he was struck from behind with a steel chair. The referee immediately rang the bell...Batista won by DQ

-----

The Number One Contender

[Edge stands in the middle of the ring, chair in hand. He brings it down repeatedly upon Batista's back, before cracking him over the head, leaving him out cold and bleeding slightly. Edge even hits Randy Orton with the chair. He then grabs a microphone.]

Edge: "Randy Orton...your time has passed. You had your title shot last night, and you would've lost tonight too. You people sitting right here in this arena...are looking at the new number one contender to that World Heavyweight Title. That's right, Bischoff thought that my win over Chris Jericho last night put me over the top, and made me the rightful number one contender. I mean, look at my pay per view record this year. At the Royal Rumble, I pinned Shawn Michaels. At WrestleMania, I won the six-man ladder match. At Backlash, I beat Chris Benoit in a Last Man Standing match. And I beat him again at Vengeance. Then last night, I beat Chris Jericho. I am the most deserving man on the RAW roster. And at Unforgiven...I will become the World Heavyweight Champion. Bank on it!"

[RAW ends with Edge holding up the World Heavyweight Title above Batista.]

-----

Quick Results:

-True Perfection def. Monsters Inc©, Justice League (72)

-Benoit & Rhyno def. Hassan & Daivari (77)

-Ric Flair def. Shelton Benjamin (83)

-Batista def. Randy Orton (84)

Overall Show Rating: 79

END OF MONTH REPORT

RAW Ratings

8.01.05-6.11 Nielsen

8.08.05-5.56 Nielsen

8.15.05-5.27 Nielsen

8.22.05-5.62 Nielsen

8.29.05-5.68 Nielsen

SummerSlam-1.83 Buy Rate

Smackdown! Ratings

8.04.05-6.16 Nielsen

8.11.05-6.04 Nielsen

8.18.05-6.10 Nielsen

8.25.05-6.10 Nielsen

SummerSlam-1.83 Buy Rate

TNA Impact! Ratings

7.05.05-2.71 Nielsen

7.12.05-2.67 Nielsen

7.19.05-2.74 Nielsen

7.26.05-2.72 Nielsen

PainKiller-3,721 in attendance

PRIDE Dates & Workers

Anderson Silva, Chuck Liddell, Fedor Emelianenko, Hidehiko Yoshida, Jerrel Venetiaan, Kevin Randleman, MIKAMI, Mirko Cro Cop, Pedro Rizzo, Rickson Gracie, Tiger Jeet Singh, and Tim Sylvia will be touring PRIDE in 2006 on the following dates-January 8/9, March 14/15, May 1/2, and July 28/29.

*When NWA Old School Rulz opened up last month, many people thought it would just be another small time promotion. They were proven wrong when NWA OSR was being pushed the same level that TNA is at, pitting both to fight for the top spot between the two. This is good news for WWE as it takes TNA's attention off of them and puts it on NWA OSR.

*Speaking of NWA OSR, they made some signings since last month and held their first PPV this month. Some of the wrestlers that they signed are L.A. Par-K, Sabu, Andrew Martin, Scott Steiner, The Sandman, Raven, Jerry Lynn, Terry Funk, AJ Styles, Ultimo Dragon, Christopher Daniels, Mikey Whipwreck, Road Warrior Animal, D'Lo Brown (handshake type deal), Vampiro, Super Crazy (handshake type deal), Dory Funk Jr., Steve Corino (handshake type deal), Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome (handshake type deal), Rico Constantino (handshake type deal), Marcus Bagwell, Rickson Gracie, Royler Gracie, Renzo Gracie, and Mike Barton. The surprising signings of Raven, Daniels, and Styles really hurts TNA as they were three of their most over wrestlers. The reason they signed with OSR is probably because OSR is planning on just sticking with good matches, with angles being the less important factor, which allows the three to pretty much go all out and be sold to the fans as really strong competitors. Money might also be a factor as OSR is starting off with more money that TNA actually has at the moment. Their first ever PPV, Lashing Out, drew a 0.66 Buy Rate, which is pretty good for a promotion that just started and has no TV deal. The new NWA OSR president is Jacques Rougeau Jr., as appointed by the NWA board.

*In TNA news, they have both signed and released a few workers in the past month. The workers they released are Andy Douglas, Shocker, Trinity, Johnny Devine, Bobby Roode, and Ron Harris. The workers they signed are Johnny Smith, TAKA Michinoku, Jushin Liger, Matt Stryker, Low-Ki, Pat Miletich, Pete Williams, Simon Diamond, and Jeremy Horn. The signings of Liger and Low-Ki are TNA's way of countering the loss of Styles, Daniels, and Raven, but everyone knows it won't be that easy. TNA almost lost another wrestler-Abyss. Abyss was in talks with PWG and was asked to sign exclusivley with them, but he said he would only agree to an open deal so he can continue working with TNA.

*CZW's Wednesday show has now been changed to air from 11PM-12AM instead of the old slot. ROH now have a television show with SRC on Fridays entitled "ROH Weekend Wake-Up", which is actually a suiting name since it will air from 1AM-2AM.

*Psychosis, Juventud Guerrera, Todd Shane, Dean Jablonski, Seven, Matt Cappotelli, Jim Cornette, and Daniel Puder have told WWE how they feel about staying in OVW and that they think they should be brought to WWE programming. WWE are thinking of bringing a few wrestlers up to do a few jobs on Velocity to more over wrestlers until they can come up with something for them, but they might stay in OVW for a while longer.

*Bret Hart, Mil Mascaras, and Jimmy Ocean are now enjoying retirement. Bret Hart is the only one out of the three that said he would come out of retirement only to appear in WWE and only if his conditions were met by Vince McMahon. Other wrestlers that have announced they would soon retire are Gary Hart and Mando Guerrero. Hulk Hogan has said he is thinking of going into retirement for good, but WWE have asked him to reconsider as they would like to bring Hogan in for his ACTUAL one final run.

*A few WWE wrestlers have signed new contracts as their old ones came to a close end. Torrie Wilson signed a 1 year contract for $56,000 a month, Big Show signed a 3 year contract for $193,000 a month, Mark Jindrak signed a 2 year contract for $55,000 a month, Sylvain Grenier signed a 2 year contract for $25,000 a month, Maven signed a 1 year contract for $40,000 a month, and Eric Bischoff signed a 4 year contract for $80,000 a month. Seven's contract in OVW comes up in November/December, but WWE have yet to ask him to sign a new one.

*WWE.com has an article up on the main page saying that open trades between RAW and Smackdown! are back. That means RAW can trade any of its superstars for any Smackdown! superstars, as long as both sides agree, at any time they want.

*WWE has stated that Shannon Moore, Scotty 2 Hotty, Funaki, Hardcore Holly, Orlando Jordan, Luther Reigns, and Matt Morgan might be cut from the Smackdown! roster and be released from the company. The last three are least likely, but the others might actually happen. We will keep you posted if anything changes.

*WWE would like to wish Vince McMahon (60), D-Von Dudley (34), Spike Dudley (35), Funaki (37), Todd Shane (29), Doug Basham (28), Frankie Kazarian (28), Alexis Laree (26), Angel Williams (23), Ken Doane (19), and Ryan Reeves (25) a very Happy Birthday.

IPB Image

WWE Smackdown! Results for September 1st

Taped from Jacksonville, Florida (10,011 in Attendance)

[A video package of Smackdown!'s portion of SummerSlam played, highlighting the Dudleyz/MNM match, Mysterio/Dean match with the return of RVD, and the Cena/Carlito match with Christian as the referee. We are then taken to the Smackdown! opening and the pyros.]

COLE-Welcome to WWE Smackdown!, only three days after SummerSlam has closed out!

TAZZ-What a night that was, Cole. We saw Chavo retain his Cruisuhweight title against Tajiri, MNM beating The Dudleyz, and even the return of Rob Van Dam!

COLE-Don't forget who used a table to get an advantage in their match, though.

TAZZ-I know it, you know it, and our General Managuh knows it. That's why tonight we have a triple threat match between three members of three teams and if tables are used, the team who uses them will be fired on the SPOT.

COLE-We'll see if MNM can win a match fairly, then. But one thing we can't forget about is the Smackdown! main event from SummerSlam where John Cena retained his WWE Championship against Carlito.

TAZZ-With help from Christian, Cole. Cena didn't win that match by himself and we may even be looking at a new WWE champ if it wasn't for Christian.

[Cena's music starts blaring through the arena and the champ walks out to a huge pop. He walks down the ramp and slides into the ring.]

CENA-Yo, yo, yo! Jacksonville! The champ is STILL in the house! I was in the ring with two punks who thought they could step up to this, but I still walked out as the champ. Captain Crapisma thought he would be able to do a little screwjob, but he knew if he did there would be retribution. Carlito thought he was on the same level as me, but I showed him that he is nothing more than an overrated chump. Now I'm gonna thrown down a rap for y'all...Six months in countin', and soon I will be the one with the longest title reign. You may not be able to smell what I'm cooking and what's comin' ain't the pain. I ain't no cerebral assasin or king of the world. I'm a straight thuggah, willin' and bold. Anyone out there step up for free. I'll F-U cause you can't see me!

[Right after Cena finishes, Christian's music starts playing and the special ref from last Sunday makes his way out. He walks down the ramp, pointing at the fans. He gets into the ring and gets a mic.]

CHRISTIAN-Do hear that? Do you hear those Peeps? They are chanting for their favorite wrestler. Their Captain. They couldn't get enough of me last Sunday and they can't get enough period. They saw my referee debut and they were more impressed with that than with the match that was at hand. And you know what else they want? They want Captain Charisma facing the man that proved rap is truely crap with the WWE Championships on the line at No Mercy. The match that will draw in more money and be more intense than Hulk Hogan facing Shawn Michaels...more money than Triple H's retirement match...and more money than Lita makes in a nights work. Give the peeps what they want and give what belongs to me.

CENA-Yo. You think you deserve to be the number one contender for my title? You haven't done anything to even be my *****! When this title's 'round my waist, you gotta earn first place. You can't just cut the corners and hope I say yes. Your biggest accomplishment on Smackdown! is being a referee. Who would want to brag about that other than Earl Hebner?

CHRISTIAN-Are you saying being a referee is not big? Do you have any idea what kind of strenuous work outs I had to go through in three days just to be ready for the Pay-Per-View? I didn't get more than three hours of sleep. But that is not what is important. I deserve a title shot. And if you give me that title shot and if you beat me at No Mercy, I will never face you in singles action for the title ever again. And if I win, I will give you a rematch the following Smackdown! AND at Survivor Series. What do you say to that?

CENA-You get a contract. I'll get a pen. Next week we're gonna have a signing to make sure you don't try getting out of your stipulations. And when I beat you and prove that you can't carry the stick, you're gonna end up sucking my-

[Cena throws his hand into the air as the crowd finishes his sentance for him. Both men then drop their mics and walk towards eachother, staring each down as the crowd gives a big pop.]

90%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Singles Match

Chavo Guerrero [vs] Shannon Moore

[Kind of sad seeing Chavo in the opening match on Smackdown! again. Not much interesting things happened in this match. Just a basic fast paced match. Chavo brought two random women out with him and they stayed in his corner. Before the match Chavo asked Moore if he would rather have a match with him or a match with one of the fine ladies at ringside in a if-you-know-what-I-mean kind of way. Moore answered by kicking Chavo in the gut, but he should have chose the woman because he lost after Chavo made him submit with the Low Rider.]

74%

-----

[The camera cuts to the back where Torrie and Tajiri are standing, with Torrie's face a little green from the mist last Sunday.]

TORRIE-Tajiri, it's ok. I know it was an accident. You don't have to do anything more for me to apologize, just get me something to get the rest of this stuff off my face.

[Tajiri walks away and a few seconds after he does, Billy Kidman walks up behind Torrie.]

KIDMAN-What's the matter Torrie? Did someone accidently shoot into your face again?

TORRIE-[Turning Around] You know Billy. That's almost as funny as your accomplishments on Smackdown!.

KIDMAN-Ouch. That burnt. I know I shouldn't play with fire, but it seems everyone wants a piece of you. So I figured you must have been good at something to get so much attention.

TORRIE-Why don't you just get out of here before Tajiri comes back!

KIDMAN-Is that supposed to make me scared? Tajiri isn't a threat. I wouldn't waste my time beating your boyfriend up in front of you. But I wouldn't mind getting a beating from you at my hotel room. What do you say? Show me how you got into Playboy twice.

[Torrie drops her jaw and slaps Billy across the face and walks away. Billy grabs the place where Torrie slapped him and smiles.]

61%

-----

COLE-What is wrong with some of these guys? They look at Torrie like she is a piece of meat.

TAZZ-Well, Cole, there is that small factah that they like women. Plus, she has a great set of tomatahs!

[All of a sudden fire shoots from the entrance stage and the word "Tazz" appears on the titantron. The lights go out for a few moments. When they come back on Tazz has a chain around his throat and the other side of the chain is around the ropes and in the ring, sort of hanging him, with blood rushing from his head. EMT's come running out along with Foley and Cole gets up from his seat to check on his broadcast partner. The camera cuts to a commercial as we see Tazz being put on a stretcher.]

77%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Triple Threat Match

Joey Mercury [vs] Paul London [vs] D-Von Dudley

[As the match began, Cole told us what Tazz's condition is and that we won't be seeing him on Smackdown! for a while. The match was very good with good spots from all three men. D-Von and London double teamed Mercury a lot, but then started going after eachother. At one point Mercury went to get a table, but London nailed a baseball slide to him to stop him. London and D-Von delivered a 3D-B to Mercury after beating him down some more and London went to the outside and grabbed a ladder from under the ring. He slid it into the ring and D-Von set it up near the corner. London climbed to the top of the ladder. D-Von went under it and held down on both sides. London jumped from the ladder and delivered a 450 Splash to Mercury for the win! After the match, Bubba came out and The Dudleyz delivered a 3D to Mercury, after picking him up.]

78%

-----

[The camera cuts to The Cabinet's locker room.]

JBL-What is wrong with this picture? None of us are even sheduled for a match tonight. The Cabinet used to be the elite on Smackdown! who got what they wanted, when they wanted. Now we can barely even get any time on this show while former ECW pieces of crap get all the time they want!

JORDAN-Think about when all of this started happening-When these two started hanging around us.

REIGNS-Hey! You want to take this to the ring?

[Jordan and Reigns look like they are about to go at eachother, but JBL steps in between them.]

JBL-This is exactly why we aren't given time! Because you act immature! Now shape up or ship out! We just got a new and improved Cabinet together and already I'm losing order because you guys can't control your anger. That's why we got rid of those damn Bashams. They were causing trouble. Now I can just as easily be successful without Secretaries of Defense and without a Chief of Staff, but I keep you because I see potential in all of you. Next week I promise that one of us will win a match, and then I will soon be fighting for my WWE Championship that was robbed from me. All I have to do is get my lawyers on the phone and we'll be back on top in no time.

72%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

[We return from the break with Rene Dupree in the ring, waving his French flag in the air. He sets the flag down and grabs the mic.]

DUPREE-Boo all you want. You all know Florida is as bad as New York! The only good thing about Florida is it delays the eventual election of a President who doesn't know his brain from his ***! I don't see why the hurricanes don't just take out this state and then work on the rest of America, the only place where a state can have the entire nation crying for it and then the next day be badmouthed by the the rest of the nation. The only place where movie stars become government officials just because they had a few good movies. And the only place that goes against it's own Constitution. You say you believe in freedom of speech. You say you think descrimination is wrong. But it's all a lie. You don't mean it. You just say it to make America sound better than it really is. And because I speak the truth, people tell me to move out of America if I don't like it. Well if you don't like Iraq, then leave it! You Americans aren't there to put a stop to terrorism. You're there to break Iraq down until it is weak and needs America to stay alive! That's all you people do! You break other countries down so bad that they are back in the stone age and then must depend on us for everything! America is nothing more than a bully, and-

[Dupree is interupted by The Big Show's music. Show comes walking out wearing his usual costume, only in camaflouge. He gets into the ring after walking down the ramp and takes Dupree's mic.]

SHOW-Dupree, everyone in this crowd is sick of you running your mouth! Now everyone in this crowd has heard of G.I. Joe. They have heard of G.I. Bro. But now it is time for G.I. Show to take a stand for American's everywhere! You say America is a bully, but we are only trying to protect our land and our people. Some of those people may still discriminate, but you can't say everyone does based on the ones that do. America may not be perfect, but no country is. If you don't like America and don't agree with its' beliefs, then get on the next plane to France and be in a place you are happy with. You don't like us and we don't like you. Maybe if you would stop taking the negatives of America and look at some of the positives, you would change your opinions.

[Big Show turns around to leave the ring, and Dupree picks up his French flag and nails Show in the back with it. Show turns around and goes to grab him. Dupree ducks and takes the flag and low blows Show with it. Big Show falls to the mat and Dupree gets a few kicks in before leaving. As Dupree walks behind the curtain, Big Show starts getting up and the camera gets a close up of the angry giants face.]

73%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

[We come back from the break and hear the old ECW theme music, with the words "Extreme....Championship....WWWWRESTLING!" replaced with "THIS...IS....EXTREME!". Paul Heyman walks out and gets a mixed reaction, with the cheers being heard slightly more. He gets into the ring and gets a mic from Chimel.]

HEYMAN-Did I tell you that my client would make an impact at SummerSlam? And I was right! My new client came. He saw. And he kicked ***! After being on the shelf and being mistreated since his WWE debut, he has finally gone back to his roots. The roots that made him the five star attraction. He even went back to the proper theme music because that "One of a Kind" crap didn't fit. My client isn't one of a kind. He is the ONLY kind! I now give to you my new client. Mr. Pay-Per-View. Rob...Van...Dam!

[-Walk- by Pantera starts playing and RVD comes out wearing jean shorts and one of his shirts from ECW. He slides into the ring and does his thumb taunt while the crowd chants "R-V-D!".]

HEYMAN-This man has gone through a lot under Vince McMahons wing. He has jobbed out to the WWF during the Invasion. He has been teamed up with nobodies. He has been cast aside while the Chris Masters' and JBL's of the world get pushed past the moon. And Rob knew that without me he would return to doing nothing like always. But with me, he will accomplish new heights in the WWE. No longer will he be overshadowed. He will always be the highlight of every show and he proved that just three days ago. Three days ago when he RAMMED that cold, hard steel into Rey Mysterio's face. Three days ago when he RAMMED that same chair into Simon Dean's face. I had tons of clients here. From Brock Lesner to the Big Show to John Heidenreich. But none of them can equal RVD. RVD is one of those people that can forgive and forget. He has forgiven me for having Brock Lesner manhandle him at King of the Ring. And I am one of those people that you can never turn down an offer from. I gave RVD an offer and he took it. He jumped at the opportunity to prove to the idiots in the back that he does have the talent and the 'it' factor to become big and that the real reason he was held back is bull****. We don't care what we have to do to prove it or to get things done. We don't care if the WWE or UPN doesn't like our language. We say what is on our minds and we kick the asses of anybody we want. If I wanted, I could have RVD get out of this ring, grab that fat *** kid by the collar, drag him into the ring, and smash a chair into his face. But I won't because I am smart enough to stay out of court. The point is Paul Heyman and Rob Van Dam don't play by McMahon's rules, Smackdown!'s rules, or even Mick Foley's rules. We play by our own rules. And one of our rules is attack everybody, befriend nobody. Friends are for the weak. RVD doesn't need friends to show what strong of a force he is. He showed Rey Mysterio what he thought of their "friendship", and Rey is the first victim that will fall. And since Eddie Guerrero wants to show his weakness by crawling back to Rey, he too will fall at the hands of my client.

[Heyman hands the mic over to RVD.

RVD-I have nothing to say that Paul Heyman has not said already. Us teaming up will be an unstoppable force. The street smarts of Paul and the, well, extremely obvious talent of me combined is something you won't want to cross. This month it's Rey Mysterio. Next month who knows who it's going to be. Nobody will be able to predict what we will do. Why? Because it's me. It's me. It's R-V-D [As Heyman does the RVD thumb taunt]!

86%

-----

Normal Singles Match

Rob Van Dam w/ Paul Heyman [vs] Simon Dean w/ The System

[Dean came out after RVD and Heyman finished their their statement to the crowd. RVD sqaushed Dean pretty much. Dean wasn't able to get in much offense and The System couldn't interfere because RVD was one step ahead of them. Swinger got onto the apron at one point and distracted the ref, allowing Kazarian to slide into the ring on the opposite side. RVD ducked a clothesline and ran to the ropes. He ducked another clothesline from Kazarian and the ref turned around to see RVD running at him. The ref moved out of the way and RVD nailed Swinger with a spinning wheel kick. Kazarian then went for a kick, but Van Dam countered it into a step over heel kick. After a few more minutes he finished Dean off with the Van-Daminator and a Five Star Frog Splash.]

77%

----------

COMMERCIAL

----------

Normal Singles Non-Title Match

Carlito Caribbean Cool [vs] Rey Mysterio

[Not too great of a main event. Mysterio's high flying/risk moves helped it a bit. Other than that nothing exciting. Carlito got his apple out and spit it in Mysterio's face, followed by nailing a Swinging Neckbreaker for a two count. Mysterio started fighting back and Carlito slowed him back down. He went for the Cool Factor soon after, but Mysterio countered it with an elbow to the head and delivered a drop toe hold with Carlito's head landing on the middle rope. Mysterio ran to the ropes and delivered the 619, following it up by Dropping The Dime for the win.]

COLE-Rey Mysterio gets the win, but where does the leave Carlito now? Make sure you tune into Smackdown! next week to see RVD, Rey Mysterio, and Eddie Guerrero comes back after being given a break this week. For Tazz, who I hope is going to be alright, goodnight.

79%

----------

Quick Results

Chavo Guerrero def. Shannon Moore

Paul London def. D-Von Dudley and Joey Mercury

Rob Van Dam def. Simon Dean

Rey Mysterio def. Carlito Caribbean Cool

Overall Smackdown! Rating-75%

I found the backstory to be highly unoriginal and completly unstable with both Shane and Stephanie just shooting out ideas at rapid fire. The shows however have been pretty entertaining. I especially mark for Foley and Mr. Socko!
Edited by Thatz

IPB Image

September 3rd, 2005

Luther Reigns def. Shannon Moore via pinfall. Basic sqaush match. Reigns won after hitting the Reign Of Terror.-58%

Smackdown! Rebound Video-Clip of what happened to Tazz on Smackdown! with some footage of him being rolled on a stretcher to an ambulance and Mick Foley going along for the ride.-74%

Danny Basham def. Johnny Swinger via DQ. Danny was going to end the match, but Kazarian got into the ring and threw the Simon Powder into his eyes. Doug got into the ring and got double teamed by Kazarian and Swinger.-62%

Smackdown! Reboud Video-Clip of Christian challenging John Cena to a title match at No Mercy.-88%

Simon Dean def. Nunzio via pinfall. Good action went on. Kazarian and Swinger weren't at ringside so it was nice and even. Dean got the win after nailing the .-72%

Smackdown! Rebound Video-The segmant with Dupree/Big Show was shown.-64%

Scotty 2 Hotty def. Donny O. (Daniel Puder w/ a mask) via pinfall. Donny O. locked in some good submissions, but fell victim to Scotty's Worm.-61%

Overall Rating-62%

----------

And that is where we end for now. Once Thatz has enough time this diary shall (hopefully) continue.

• 5 weeks later...

WWE Sunday Night HeAT Results

Michael Shane def. The Hurricane via pinfall. Good cruiserweight-style match, both guys getting a good amount of time (eleven minutes) to showcase their skills. Shane won the match after hitting a superkick and putting his feet on the ropes during the pin. (72)

A video involving Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas was played, showing their match against Triple H & Ric Flair at SummerSlam, where Haas turned on Benjamin. (67)

This led into a video which showed Benjamin taking on Ric Flair from the last RAW, and losing. He was beaten down by Triple H & Ric Flair afterwards. (97)

Charlie Haas def. Sylvain Grenier via submission. Pretty decent match, even if Grenier didn't get much offense in on Haas. Haas locked in the Haas of Pain about seven minutes into the match, and forced Grenier to submit to the hold. (72)

A video was played, showing the main event from the past week's RAW, where Batista defeated Randy Orton via DQ, when Edge hit him with a steel chair. Edge then said that Eric Bischoff made him the #1 Contender, and that he'd be facing Batista at Unforgiven. (81)

Rob Conway and Dawn Marie came out to cut a promo. Marie talked about Conway and his perfect body, and Conway talked about being able to make anybody on the roster tap out. He made an open challenge, which Rosey accepted. (81)

Rob Conway def. Rosey via submission. Rosey got in some offense fairly early on, but he just couldn't overcome Conway's mixture of speed, strength, and skill. After hitting a DDT on Rosey, Conway locked in the Texas Cloverleaf and forced Rosey into submission. (69)

Overall Show Rating: 63

"The Fallout"

RAW is still almost three weeks away from Unforgiven, and two blockbuster matches were already signed last week! Shawn Michaels will be taking on Kurt Angle at the event, in the match to truely determine who the better man is. Both men have Pay Per View wins over the other, who is going to come out on top? Angle will begin preparing tonight, when he takes on The Hurricane in singles action!

Randy Orton took on Batista in a rematch for the World Heavyweight Championship last week, but failed to win the Title. However, the match was ruled a no contest when Edge attacked Batista with a steel chair. The "Legend Killer" will be on RAW tonight, and you can be assured that he will have something to say.

Speaking of Batista, it has been confirmed that he will be at RAW tonight to open the show. What will "The Animal" have to say about Edge and his match at Unforgiven? Last week was one of the few times in his career that he was brought to his knees, and the Champion is not happy.

Last but not least, the main event of the evening will feature a massive six-man tag match. Chris Benoit will team up with Shelton Benjamin and Rhyno to take on the team of Triple H, Rob, and the Intercontinental Champion, Muhammad Hassan. Benjamin was severely beaten by the hands of Triple H and Ric Flair last week, but it should be interesting to see how he competes in the ring with Charlie Haas's new tag team partner, Rob Conway.

Be sure to catch all of this and much more on Monday Night RAW, coming to you LIVE from Nashville, Tennesse at 9 P.M. Eastern, only on Spike T.V!

Confirmed:

Kurt Angle vs The Hurricane

Chris Benoit/Shelton Benjamin/Rhyno vs Triple H/Rob Conway/Muhammad Hassan

IPB Image

WWE RAW Results

Interview With the Champ

The World Heavyweight Champion, Batista came out to kick off the show. He was dressed in his wrestling gear, and he got a massive pop as he stood upon the turnbuckle, belt in hand. When the crowd finally quieted down, "The Animal" grabbed a microphone and began to speak. He talked about his title defense last week against Randy Orton, and how the match had ended in a DQ when Edge attacked him with a steel chair. Batista went on to basically call Edge a coward, and that he'd be eaten alive at Unforgiven. He started talking about Eric Bischoff (who made Edge the #1 Contender) and Bischoff's music hit. Bischoff came out to some boos, and basically said that "if you think you're so tough, then how about you prove it right here...against Snitsky!" (84)

Batista© vs Gene Snitsky [World Heavyweight Title]

Pretty decent match here actually, with Batista brawling with the former World Tag Team Champion. Heidenreich was at ringside, and he tried to interfere with the match a few times. Snitsky got in some decent offense, but Batista came back mid-way through the match. He started just pounding on Snitsky, not holding anything back. Apparantly the chair-shot from last week didn't hurt him too badly...anyway, Snitsky went for the big boot at the end, but Batista just ducked, and hit a Spinebuster on him. Heidenreich ran in, but he too got a Spinebuster. Batista then did the "thumbs up" taunt, and hit Snitsky with a stiff Batista Bomb to score the win, and retain his title. Edge came out on the entrance ramp afterwards, and applauded with a smirk on his face. (71)

The Legend Killer Speaks...

Randy Orton came out after a commercial, dressed in a black suit with a microphone in his hand. He got in the ring and began talking about last week's match, similar to what Batista was doing. He admitted that Batista got the best of him at SummerSlam, but the match wasn't over on RAW. Sure, Batista seemed ready to finish him off, but he could've came back. He could've hit the RKO, and we could've had a new champion. "You don't make assumptions about the Legend Killer," Orton said. "Because right when you think you've got me beat, I hit you with the RKO, and you're staring up at the lights on your back." Orton then said that as soon as Unforgiven is over, he'll be ready to take the Title once again... (88)

...And the Ayatollah Answers

Chris Jericho's theme music hit, and he came out to the ring to a huge pop from the live crowd. He entered the ring in typical Jericho-fashion, and he already had a microphone in his hand. He started talking about how he used to be the Undisputed Champion. How he beat The Rock and Steve Austin in one night...how he main-evented WrestleMania. He talked about his days in Japan, in ECW, and in WCW. "And there is no one on this roster, junior," said Jericho. "That wants a shot at the top more than me. You've had your chance...twice...now it's time to move on." With those words Orton lept up into the air and delivered a huge RKO on Y2J, leaving him down and out. He smiled before turning and walking away. (83)

Kurt Angle vs The Hurricane

Really fun match here between Angle and Shane Helms. Hurricane went on the offensive early, throwing absolutely everything that he had at WWE's only Olympic Gold Medalist. He flew around the ring like we've rarely seen him do in his WWE days, and the fans ate it up. However, he was a bit too risky, and that ended up costing him the match. He went for a crossbody off of the top-rope after a few minutes, and Angle caught him, and threw him over his head. Angle then went to work on Helms, hitting him with just about every move in his arsenal. After hitting the Angle Slam, Kurt waited for Helms to get up. Helms went for a superkick, but Angle just caught his foot, and locked in the Ankle Lock. Helms tapped out quickly, but Angle held the move... (82)

The War Has Just Begun

Angle continued to keep the hold locked in on the Hurricane, until Shawn Michaels sprinted down to the ring, just like how he saved Booker T. a while ago. He got in the ring just as Angle released the hold, and the two men immediately began brawling. Pretty typical brawl, just a lot of punches thrown with a few moves thrown in. Angle went for an Angle Slam for example, but Michaels slid out of it and continued punching Angle. Security eventually made a dash down to the ring, and tried to seperate the two superstars. They broke free a few times, but eventually the security was able to restrain them to throwing only words at one another. The show then went to a commercial break. (99)

Chris Masters vs William Regal

This was actually one of Masters' best solo matches (which isn't really saying a lot) since he's joined RAW. The man who Masters holds the World Tag Team Titles with, Mark Jindrak, was at ringside for the match. He didn't need to interfere that often though, Masters seemed to have Regal controlled. Regal got a few nice submissions in on Masters, and he hit him with a few sick chops, but "The Masterpiece" was just too powerful for Regal in the end. Masters locked in the Masterlock, and just like all of Masters' previous opponents, Regal submitted. Masters held the hold on Regal after the match, and Jindrak slipped into the ring, and decked Regal in the face with the title. Regal was left bleeding in the ring as the World Tag Team Champions made their exit. (72)

The Nature Boy...and Chris Benoit?

Chris Benoit was shown sitting backstage with Ric Flair. The two were talking, similar to what happened last week. Chris Benoit kept asking Ric Flair questions about the past, the present, and the future. He basically asked Ric Flair if this was how he wanted to be remembered in the business. "Do you really want to be remembered as Triple H's lackey...do you really want this to be the Ric Flair everyone remembers?" 'Naitch didn't answer the questions directly, he just sat there on the couch, thinking. He finally mumbled "you don't understand, Chris." Benoit shook his head, and went to open the door, but it was opened for him. Triple H stood in his path. (74)

A Match Made for Unforgiven

"What the hell is he doing in here?" screamed Triple H, glaring back and forth between Benoit and Flair. "What the hell are you doing Ric?" Triple H made to go over to Flair, but Benoit stepped in, blocking his path. Triple H shoved Benoit out of the way, into the wall. The two then began brawling with one-another, Ric Flair sitting right in the middle of it all. Security ran into the room, and Eric Bischoff followed. He immediately began shouting at all three men in the room, even though it appeared as though nobody was listening. "If you two want eachother so bad you can settle it in the ring at Unforgiven," said Bischoff as he want towards the door. However, just as he was leaving, he turned and looked right at Ric Flair. "And you know what Ric? You're going to be the special guest referee!" The crowd popped as Bischoff closed the door, and Benoit was escorted from the room. (78)

Chris Benoit/Shelton Benjamin/Rhyno vs Triple H/Rob Conway/Muhammad Hassan

Great action-packed main event for RAW. Six-man tag matches are usually fun, and this was no exception. The guys went all out in this one, and gave the fans a twenty-minute-plus match. Everybody got adequete time in the ring to hit all of their spots, and then some extra time as well. It seemed to be quite uneven though, as the heels had Daivari and Charlie Haas at ringside to help them out. Flair was there as well, but he didn't really do too much to help either team. Hassan and Rhyno were in the ring at the end, while the others brawled around at ringside. Daivari slid the Intercontinental Title into the ring and jumped up onto the aprong to distract the referee, and Hassan clocked Rhyno in the face with the belt. He then hit the Modified STO on Rhyno, and picked up the pin. Hassan and Daivari celebrated to end the show, as the others continued to brawl outside the ring. (79)

Overall Show Rating: 80%

-----

I'm not sure if this is going to be the format that I'm going to use or not. It's quick and efficient, so the way I write the t.v. shows will probably be something similar to this. PPV's will still be written in full. :)

One Contract Signing

This week Smackdown! fans will witness a contract signing between Christian and John Cena. The contract they will sign states that Christian has one shot against John Cena for the WWE Championship and if Christian fails to win the title at No Mercy, then Christian will not get one single shot again.

Smackdown! General Manager Mick Foley has stated on WWE.com that he will be announcing another match for No Mercy, and it involves three parts. What could Mick Foley mean by that? Mick Foley also announced that Smackdown! would be gaining a new announcer after Tazz was put out of action last week. Who will Tazz's replacement be?

Last week Rob Van Dam made his in-ring return, after being on the shelf for months, when he defeated none other than former ECW alumni Simon Dean. This week RVD will go up against another wrestler he knew back in ECW, and he goes by the name of Tajiri. Will RVD once again prevail, or will the Japanese Buzzsaw cut off RVD's chances of winning?

JBL will return to the ring this week when he faces the United States Champion, Rey Mysterio. JBL swore last week that tonight someone in the Cabinet will gain a victory, but with Eddie Guerrero scheduled to be in the house as well, what are his chances of winning?

Confirmed

Who will the new Smackdown! commentator be to replace Tazz?

John Bradshaw Layfield vs Rey Mysterio in a Non-Title match

Rob Van Dam vs Tajiri

IPB Image

WWE Smackdown! Results for September 8th

Taped from Atlanta, Georgia (10,004 in Attendance)

[A few clips play before the opening video piece. It shows some of the things that Kane has been doing on Smackdown! as of late and it finishes with clips of Tazz being brutally assaulted last week. The pyros then go off and we are welcomed by Michael Cole.]

COLE: ”Welcome to WWE Smackdown!, and as you can see I am sitting here alone due to the actions that took place last week. I hate to do it, but Tazz has to replaced even though nobody can fill his shoes. I have been told that my new broadcast partner would be out shortly and-”

[Cole is interupted as music begins playing over the p.a. system. The crowd gives a mixed, though loud, reaction as Jim Cornette walks out with tennis racket in hand. He walks down the aisle, around the ring, and sits down next to Cole.]

COLE: ”Jim Cornette?!?”

CORNETTE: “That’s right Michael, Jim Cornette is here to help make Smackdown! even better and I was the best choice but even though nobody may be able to replace Tazz I might as well be the one to replace him.”

COLE: “Well I must say that I am surprised and honored. But as they say, the show must go on, and tonight’s show will begin with a match between Billy Kidman and Scotty 2 Hotty. As of late Billy and Chavo have been hitting on Torrie, and Tajiri has been sticking up for her.”

CORNETTE: “Well how can anybody resist that body? I don’t blame Billy or Scotty because they are just men and if I blame anyone I blame Torrie for flaunting herself in Playboy and teasing every guy around the world.”

----------

Normal Singles Match

Billy Kidman [vs] Scotty 2 Hotty

[A nice opening match. Not too flashy or anything but it entertained the crowd nicely. Kidman started off being dominant with Scotty getting control midway through and Kidman once again dominating later into the match. Scotty got back on the offense for a final time towards the end. He whipped Kidman to the corner with Kidman stumbling out of it. Scotty then went for a bulldog, but Kidman ducked it. He kicked Scotty in the gut and delivered the Kid Krusher, followed by postioning Scotty near the corner and delivering a Shooting Star Press for the win.]

Overall Rating-73%

----------

[The camera cuts to the back in GM Foley’s office. The camera shows Brian Kendrick and Paul London, The Dudley Boyz, and MNM all standing in his office.]

FOLEY: “Be quiet! Last week I had a great triple threat match planned. But that was ruined when the seven of you decided to let all hell brake loose. I don’t know what I am going to do with you guys. I should just fire you for not being able to act like adults, but I decided to do something else. I decided to add the second match to No Mercy and it involves you three teams. Since last weeks triple threat match was ruined, the three of you who weren’t scheduled for the match will face eachother at No Mercy in another triple threat match. After that I will decide on a number one contender for the WWE Tag Team Championships. Hopefully in the mean time you people can behave without me having to act like both your parents.”

Overall Rating-81%

--------------------

COMMERCIAL BREAK

--------------------

Normal Singles Match

Doug Basham w/ Danny Basham [vs] Rene Dupree

[Nice to see The Basham’s not doing much after leaving The Cabinet. Maybe we will see a change of gimmick or something in the coming weeks. Anyways, the match was good. Dupree got the crowd against him pretty quickly and was beaten down by Doug from the minute the bell rang. The first time Dupree got the advantage was when he was kneeling next to the ropes and pulled Doug, causing him to fly between the middle and top one to the outside. That didn’t help Dupree too much, though. Doug again started beating Dupree up and he even pulled the switcharoo with Danny when he got hit with the Michinoku Driver. After that the Big Show’s music and pyro went off, which distracted all three men and the ref. Doug tried rolling Dupree up from behind while he was distracted, but Dupree broke free. Soon after Dupree lifted Doug up and delivered the Dupree Valley Driver for the win.]

Overall Rating-72%

----------

[We then go to a video focused around Eugene and Hardcore Holly. It shows Eugene fooling around with Holly repeating Eugene’s name over and over. Finally Holly grabs Eugene and slams him up against the wall. Holly proceeds to yell at Eugene, which makes him cry, but Holly shows no feeling. He drops Eugene and tells him that he better do what he says and stop acting like an idiot. Holly again yells at Eugene and barks orders at him, and Eugene slowly complies with them while still crying.]

Overall Rating-77%

--------------------

COMMERCIAL BREAK

--------------------

[We return from the break and are met with the music of Eddie Guerrero beginning to play. Latino Heat comes out without a lowrider this week with the crowd giving him a mixed reaction, with the cheers outweighing the boo’s which could barely be heard. He walked his way down the ramp, playing to the crowd a bit, before sliding into the ring and grabbing a mic.]

EDDIE: “Orale holmes! Latino heat is here tonight in Atlanta to warm this place up! And you know something essa’s...Latino Heat is back. After months of trying to prove to everyone that I was the greatest wrestler on Smackdown! and losing to Rey Mysterio over and over...I finally sat down and took a good look at what I was doing. And when I looked into the mirror, I didn’t like what I saw. I saw someone who was being fueled by anger towards one of mi amigos. I would have done anything to take Rey-Rey out and that’s something that I didn’t like thinking about. Now I can admit to all of you that it doesn’t matter whether I can or can’t beat Rey. All that matters is that Latino Heat gives it his all and busts his ass to put on a great show, holmes! I started thinking when I was happy with my life, and that was a year ago when I was on the top with the WWE Championship! That’s when I felt like my life was perfect! The only worry I had was who I would be defending my title against. It wasn’t figuring out plans to take Rey Mysterio out of the picture for good. My head is cleared from that now and I feel great, and the fans that cheer me again make me feel even greater! But the one thing that makes me feel the greatest is that Rey-Rey is starting to come around and trust me. I know I used to lie, cheat and steal. Viva la raza! I remember that! I still lie, cheat and steal, but I’m not lying about this, and I’m not trying to cheat him or steal his title. I don’t know what esle I can do to prove I’ve changed, essa, other than saying it. I changed. I am the man I was last year. I am the man I was when I was the best WWE Champion since the brand split. All I can do is ask for your forgiveness, essa.”

[Cowbells begin playing and JBL’s music blares through the arena. The limo with the bullhorns on the hood pulls out and The Cabinet emerges from it. They all walk down the aisle and get into the ring. Orlando walks over to Chimel and grabs a mic, then walks over and hands it to JBL.]

JBL: “Best WWE Champion? I know that minds can play tricks on people, but best WWE Champion? You can say you were WWE Champion, but the role of best belongs to the Wrestling God, John Bradshaw Layfield. The man who beat you for the WWE Championship. You will never be billed as the best of anything other than the best crybaby. You whine about how you’ve changed and all that crap, and not even one of your best friends believes you. You see what you’re standing in? It’s called a wrestling ring. Not a soap opera set. Take your little begging for forgiveness to the back or do what you’re supposed to do out here and wrestle.”

[Eddie laughs a little bit before putting the mic back to his mouth.]

EDDIE: “You want me to wrestle vato? Since I’m in my wrestling gear already, why don’t you take that hat off and allow me to do what I am supposed to do?”

JBL: “Me wrestle you? If you have forgotten, I have a main event match later tonight. As great as I am, I don’t want to tire myself out before the match that counts. Even Wrestling Gods have their limits. But Orlando is free this evening.”

[Jordan’s face goes from a smirk to shocked when JBL mentions his name.]

JBL: “If you want a fight, Guerrero, then you can take on the next best thing next to me. My Chief Of Staff, Orlando Jordan.”

[Eddie lowers his mic and strokes his chin for a minute before bringing the mic back up to his lips.

EDDIE: “Since he is surgically attatched to your ass and is pretty much a part of you, it’ll be just like fighting you essa. So get out of the ring and let me do my job.”

JBL: “I’ll get out of the ring, but me and my Secretaries are going to stay right at ringside to make sure things don’t get too out of control and to make sure you don’t cheat your way to a victory.”

[JBL, Reigns and Morgan exit the ring as Orlando takes his jacket, collared shirt and tie off, leaving him in his black pants.]

Overall Rating-82%

----------

Normal Singles Match

Eddie Guerrero [vs] Orlando Jordan w/ The Cabinet

[Not too great of a match. If it were up to me, I would blame it on the lack of experience (still?) from Orlando and the fact that they couldn't really gel together. Eddie relied on his speed the entire match and dominated most of it. Reigns and Morgan kept getting involved in the match by standing on the apron and tripping Eddie up a few times, but Eddie got back at them when he leaped over the top rope with a plancha and took both of them down. Eddie successfully nailed the Three Amigos, but after he did JBL got on the apron and distracted the ref. Reigns and Morgan slid into the ring and started beating Eddie down. The crowd started cheering and the camera panned to the announcers table and saw Rey Mysterio hopping over the barricade. He hopped onto the apron and then to the top rope. Morgan turned around and Mysterio nailed him with a springboard missile dropkick. Eddie then delivered a drop toe hold to Reigns to the middle rope and Rey nailed a 619. Reigns and Morgan rolled out of the ring and by now Orlando was back up. He went after Rey with a sidewalk slam, but Rey countered into a headscissors and then turned that into a ddt. Eddie went to the top rope and delivered a Frog Splash and Rey left the ring. He walked behind JBL and pulled his feet, making JBL's face hit the apron. The ref turned around and counted the 3 count for Eddie.]

Overall Rating-69%

----------

[The camera cuts to the backstage area where we see Paul Heyman standing next to his new client, Rob Van Dam.]

HEYMAN: "Rob, last week you made an impact just like you did at SummerSlam. You took Simon Dean and you crushed him! You beat him so bad that he couldn't even show up tonight and face the locker room! You keep doing that and you'll be rising to the top in no time, and no one will stop you anymore. You won't have to worry about guys screwing Vince's daughter keeping you down just because you're more popular than him. All you have to worry about is not letting your opponents get off easy!"

CARLITO: "'Ey man."

[Carlito Cool walks into the picture, right next to RVD.]

CARLITO: "I heard a lot about you. People say that you are one of the best things on Smackdown! and that you were the greatest in ECW. But dat's all hype. And hype..Dat's not cool. And neither are you. Nothing is more uncool than people who believe they are the greatest. You see, I'm cool. I got cool hair. Cool clothes. Coolitude. Now dat's cool."

[RVD looks at Heyman and then laughs a bit before regaining a straight face.]

RVD: "Dude, think what you want. The only thing cool about your hair is that you can store your supplies in there, if you know what I mean. Last time I checked, you were getting beat by one of the persons ass I kicked at SummerSlam. Now that's not cool. And last time I checked, you didn't have a match tonight, so how cool can you be to not even be thought of to be put on the card? You're lucky you even got this time for television. So next time you think of the word cool, think of me, because there's nobody cooler than Rob...Van...Dam!"

[RVD and Heyman wlak off, with RVD shoving Carlito out of the way with his shoulder. Carlito pulls an apple out and goes to bite into it, but Heyman walks back into the picture, grabs it and takes a bite of it himself. He drops the apple to the ground and laughs before walking away again.]

Overall Rating-75%

--------------------

COMMERCIAL BREAK

--------------------

Normal Singles Match

Rob Van Dam w/ Paul Heyman [vs] Tajiri w/ Torrie Wilson

[Good match that wasn't too fast paced but did have a good pace to it. A couple of times during the match both guys had a kicking contest to see who had the better ones. Tajiri had a burst of kicks and went crazy with them, delivering them to RVD's legs and midsection and ended it with a stronger kick to the head. Towards the end of the match both Billy Kidman and Chavo Guerrero came out to the ring and harrassed Torrie. Kidman then distracted the ref as Tajiri went to the outside to stop Chavo, but failed. Chavo started delivering a beating to him and RVD got out of the ring and started helping Tajiri out. He grabbed Chavo and slammed him into the corner post and then delivered a spinning heel kick to him. Kidman walked to RVD and kicked him in the gut and went for the Kid Krusher, but when he twisted RVD around Tajiri spit the Poison Mist into his face. RVD then got back into the ring and Tajiri did so after as well. Once Tajiri stood up he got hit with a Vandaminator and RVD finished it off by going to the top and nailing the Five Star Frog Splash for the win.

Overall Rating-87%

--------------------

COMMERCIAL BREAK

--------------------

Normal Singles Match

John Bradshaw Layfield w/ The Cabinet [vs] Rey Mysterio w/ Eddie Guerrero

[After Rey came out, Eddie's music played and he came out to the ring to be in Rey's corner. Surprisingly JBL didn't just sqaush Rey and Rey actually had a fighting chance. Rey dodged a lot of JBL's moves and tired him out. JBL was in the corner and Rey ran at him, but JBL moved out of the way and ran to the ropes. Rey hit the corner and bounced out, turning to face JBL who was running back. JBL went for the Clothesline From Hell, but Rey ducked and delivered a drop toe hold and landed JBL's face on the middle rope. Rey went for the 619, but Reigns grabbed his feet as they were about to make contact with JBL's head. Eddie picked up a chair and nailed Reigns in the back with it. Eddie hit Morgan with it and then Orlando with it. Rey, who after getting his feet caught by Reigns fell to the mat, was back up as JBL was on a knee. Rey went onto the apron and jumped to the top rope. He went for a springboard bodysplash, but JBL nailed him with a Clothesline From Hell and picked up the win.]

Overall Rating-76%

--------------------

COMMERCIAL BREAK

--------------------

[We return from the break with Mick Foley, Christian, and John Cena and a table in the ring and a contract and pen on the table.]

FOLEY: "Tonight a contract for WWE Smackdown!'s No Mercy main event will be signed. This contract states that Christian has one shot against John Cena for the WWE Championship, and if Christian fails to win the title at No Mercy, then he receive not a single shot for it again while John Cena reigns as the champion. Both men have agreed to the contract. They have read it, their lawyers have read it, I have read it, and my lawyers have read it. All that needs to be done is both men signing it. So if you both will, sign it and we will have the main event set for No Mercy."

[Christian walks over to the contract and signs it. Cena walks slowly over to the contract, flips through it one last time, and then signs it himself.]

FOLEY: "Now that the contract is signed, I want to see you two show some respect for eachother and shake eachothers hands."

[Christian and Cena turn their heads to Foley, but decide to extend their hands to eachother. As they are about to make a grip with eachother, Cena pulls his hand away and does his "You Can't See Me!" taunt as the crowd chants the phrase. Christian takes no time in delivering a series of punches to Cena. Mick Foley, instead of breaking the two up, exits the ring. The punches continue as Christian traps Cena in the corner, but the champ starts fighting back and soon spins Christian so that he is in the corner. Cena delivers some punches of his own and then whips Christian to the opposite corner. Christian hits the corner hard and walks back out of it. Cena runs at him and goes for a clothesline, but Christian ducks. Christian picks up Cena's title as Cena stops himself by grabbing the corner turnbuckle. He turns back around and Christian nails him right in the head with the WWE Championship. Christian drops the title and does Cena's taunt by waving his hand in front of his face as Smackdown! starts to wrap up.]

COLE: "The contract is signed and Christian has laid out our WWE Champion!"

CORNETTE: "Well John Cena should have shown some respect for Captain Charisma by shaking his hand instead of messing around so in my book it is Cena's own fault that he got his ass kicked by our future champion but that's about all the time we have for tonight so make sure to watch Smackdown! next week as I will fulfill every fans wishes and once again announce it!"

Overall Rating-88%

----------

Quick Results

Billy Kidman def. Scotty 2 Hotty

Rene Dupree def. Doug Basham

Eddie Guerrero def. Orlando Jordan

Rob Van Dam def. Tajiri

John Bradshaw Layfield def. Rey Mysterio

Overall Smackdown! Rating-77%

IPB Image

September 10th, 2005

Matt Morgan def. Scotty 2 Hotty via pinfall. Basic sqaush match. Morgan tossed Hotty around a bit then finished the match with the M5.-66%

Paul London def. Akio via pinfall. Good cruiser-match with a lot of good spots. London picked up the win after delivering a springboard Shooting Star Press..-87%

A video aired for Simon Dean and the Simond System. He went over all of his supplements and such and said that those who call in the next twenty minutes would receive a Dean Machine with the order and use of the Simon System. He said that Dean Machine's are limited and then a second later said that they were already gone and he has the only three left.-73%

Frankie Kazarian def. Donny O. (Daniel Puder w/ mask) via pinfall. Not too much happened. Pretty much back and forth action with Kazarian hitting the Wave Of The Future for the win.-55%

Rene Dupree def. Funaki via pinfall. Prior to the match Dupree got on the mic and talked trash about America and said the only thing worse than an American is a foreigner who is proud to be one. Dupree got the quick win with the Dupree Valley Driver.-71%

Smackdown! Rebound Video-Clips of the segmants involving JBL, Eddie Guerrero, and Rey Mysterio from two nights ago.-82%

Rey Mysterio def. Luther Reigns via pinfall. Reigns was in contol most of the match and Mysterio barely had any time to get any offense in. He started picking more speed up and eventually took Reigns down with a springboard tornado ddt. Mysterio was able to roll Reigns up into a pin and use the ropes to pick up the win.-73%

Overall Rating-67%

Edited by Vitamin E

Welcome to the Smackdown! subsite of WWE.com. In this section you will see any rumours, news concerning Smackdown! wrestlers, or other news Smackdown! related.

The first piece of business is that WWE Smackdown is currently putting a list of wrestlers together that they are going to get rid of for the annual pack of releases. It isn't known which wrestlers are going to be released yet, but look out for the ones that arent used much to be like Funaki and Hardcore Holly.

WWE Smackdown! has been looking on the indy scene to sign to either written contracts or development contracts. Those wrestlers would start on Velocity or just be jobbers/fillers for other matches.

Paul London, Brian Kendrick, MNM, Frankie Kazarian, and Johnny Swinger have all been told that they are going to be treated more as midlevel employees rather than lower level. There is no big difference other than getting more Smackdown! time and the better chance of being used right.

It is being said in the back that JBL isn't too happy with the recent push of Christian or Rey Mysterio. He said that they are too small to be considered actual World title holders or to go over someone of his (JBL's) size. Although he is unhappy with their pushes, he has said if the time comes up then he will do the proffessional thing and let them win instead of complaining like he used to.

WWE Smackdown! has trademarked the following: "The Critic", "Dangerous Davis", "The Nightmare", "Career Killer", and "Fanatic Friday".

• 2 weeks later...

WWE Sunday Night HeAT Results

Michael Shane def. Steven Richards via pinfall, after hitting him with a superkick and holding onto the tights. Pretty decent match, Shane is slowly catching on with WWE fans. (67)

A video was played, showing the announcement of Chris Benoit vs Triple H at Unforgiven, with Ric Flair as the guest referee. (93)

Mark Jindrak def. Rosey via pinfall. Not a very good match really, but Jindrak did look impressive here. Rosey got the crap kicked out of him, and got pinned after the Mark of Excellence. (68)

Maven def. Sylvain Greiner via pinfall. Another decent match, neither of these guys seem to be going anywhere soon. Maven won with a Missile Dropkick. (67)

A video was played recapping the big six-man tag match from RAW last week. (77)

Charlie Haas came out, and cut a promo. He challenged anybody in the locker-room to come out, and he garunteed that he'd make them tap out. (75)

Charlie Haas def. The Hurricane via submission. Amazing match for HeAT. This went back and forth for several minutes of quick action, then Haas got the advantage. He locked in the Haas of Pain after about ten minutes to get make Helms tap-out. (83)

Overall Show Rating: 64

"Rhyno vs Hassan"

RAW features what should be an excellent Intercontinental Championship match tonight, as Muhammad Hassan goes one-on-one with the "Man Beast," Rhyno! Will Hassan be able to hold onto his undefeated record, or will Rhyno break the streak?

Shelton Benjamin will also be in action tonight, as he goes one-on-one with Rob Conway. Conway has been tagging with Benjamin's friend-turned-rival, Charlie Haas, at recent RAW live events. Tonight Benjamin will hook up with Conway, attempting to get one step closer to Charlie Haas.

William Regal has requested a match for this evening, and his wish will be granted on RAW tonight. After being beaten by Chris Masters last week, Regal will take on the other half of the World Tag Team Champions, Mark Jindrak!

Kurt Angle defeated the Hurricane Last week. Shawn Michaels, the man who Angle will be wrestling at Unforgiven, will be in singles action this week as he takes on Kenzo Suzuki!

Expect many more of your favorite RAW superstars to be at the show tonight. The World Heavyweight Champion, Batista and the Number One Contender, Edge, are scheduled to be at the show tonight. Triple H, Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, and Randy Orton will also be in Little Rock.

Be sure to catch all of this and much more on Monday Night RAW, coming to you LIVE from Little Rock, Arkansas at 9 P.M. Eastern, only on Spike T.V!

Confirmed:

Mark Jindrak vs William Regal

Muhammad Hassan© vs Rhyno [intercontinental Title]

Shelton Benjamin vs Rob Conway

Shawn Michaels vs Kenzo Suzuki

IPB Image

WWE RAW Results

Mark Jindrak vs William Regal

Since Mr. Regal is not as great as he once was, and since Jindrak has yet to develop into a true superstar, this match was just average. Regal seemed to be working pretty stiff, probably just to add to the match. He took a lot of punishment from the "Reflection of Perfection," and he had the fans thinking that he had a chance to win this thing. However, Regal's stiff strikes, hard suplexes, and brutal submissions couldn't take Jindrak down. In a desperate move, Regal locked Jindrak in a one-legged Boston Crab. Jindrak seemed close to tapping out, but Chris Masters ran into the ring from behind, and locked Regal in the Masterlock. The referee gave Regal the DQ victory, but Masters kept the hold locked in. After a little while, Masters let go, and Jindrak hit the Mark of Excellence. Regal was left down in the ring as the World Tag Team Champions celebrated over his lifeless body. (63)

Playing the Game

Todd Grisham was backstage, interviewing Triple H. Ric Flair lingered in the backround, not saying anything. Todd asked Hunter what he thought about facing Chris Benoit at Unforgiven, with Ric Flair himself as the guest referee. "Especially since...well...you've never really....cleanly beaten Chris Benoit here on RAW," Grisham added. Triple H looked at Grisham furiously, and snatched away the microphone. He started talking about how he was the game, how he had ten World Championships. He said that he will beat Chris Benoit at Unforgiven, and that he won't even need to cheat to do it. "Afterall...with the dirtiest player in the game as the referee...I think that I'll be just fine," Triple H said to end the promo. He then glanced at Flair, who didn't say anything at all. He motioned to Flair, and the pair of them walked away from Grisham. (88)

Chris Benoit vs Michael Shane

Pretty good match, Shane is slowly starting to get more over with the RAW fans. Triple H and Ric Flair were on guest commentary during the match, with Trips talking "smack" about Benoit, and Flair not really saying much at all. Benoit worked Shane's leg and back for most of the match, and he hit the usual suplexes and chops. Shane got in some offense during the middle of the match, but Benoit seemed to be able to counter anything and everything that the rookie had to throw out. The end of the match came when Shane went for a superkick on Benoit, but the "Rabid Wolverine" caught Shane's foot, threw him down to the match, and locked in the Sharpshooter. Shane, with the weakend back and legs, quickly tapped out. After the match, Benoit and Triple H had an intense stare-down, with Ric Flair sitting at the announce table, looking between them. (67)

The Heart-Break Kid

Shawn Michael's music hit after the break, and he came out to a great ovation from the fans. After taking the time to pose for the crowd, he was handed a microphone by Lilian Garcia. He began to talk about Kurt Angle. He talked about all of Kurt's accomplishments, and how similar Kurt's career is to his. Both of them won all the major titles at one point, and both of them have been proclaimed the "best ever." He came back from a back injury, Kurt's come back from neck injuries. And both of them have something to prove. He said "I admit...Kurt and I...we've both got pretty big egos." He talked about how both of them have a lot of heart, passion for the business, and the desire to be the best. "And at Unforgiven, neither of us is going to give up. Kurt, I know you won't go down easy...but neither will I. It's going to be a matter of who finds the opportunity first." (88)

Kenzo Suzuki vs Shawn Michaels

Kenzo added to his "good match streak" in this one. Although Michaels clearly dominated this one, he did allow Kenzo to get in his moves, and he sold for him. There weren't a ton of near-falls, and the match wasn't very long, but it had a quick pace. There wasn't a lot of down-time in this at all, pretty old-school for Michaels. He seemed to be in top form, hitting all of his signature moves on Suzuki. The end of the match came when Suzuki had Michaels in the corner. He ran at him, going for a clothesline of some sort, but Michaels jumped out and popped him in the face with the Sweet Chin Music. He pinned Suzuki for the win. After the match, Kurt Angle's music hit, and he made his way down to the ring. He teased getting into the ring with Michaels, but the two just had a stare-down as the show went to a break. (70)

The Cutting Edge

After the break, Edge's music hit, and he came down to the ring with Lita, his "Money in the Bank" briefcase in hand. He got some pretty good heel-heat, which is definately a good sign. He made out with Lita for a bit in the ring, then he snatched a mic from Lilian. He started off talking about being in attendance at WMVI, and onto his tag-team run with Christian. He talked about finally breaking away from Christian, winning the Intercontinental Title, winning King of the Ring, etc. He talked about being injured in 2003, returning to RAW in 2004, and being screwed time and time again. Finally, he won the Money in the Bank title shot. "Just like how breaking away from my brother was a turning point, just like returning from injury last year, WrestleMania 21 was a turning back. I became Mr. Money in the Bank. I will be screwed no more! Come Unforgiven, you will witness a new era, a new turning point for Edge...when I become the World...Heavyweight...Champion!" (81)

Words from the Champion

Batista's music hit the speakers, and he came out to a huge pop from the crowd. Edge looked shocked, and he immediately backed away into the far corner of the ring. Batista had a microphone, and the World Title in his hand. He paused near the bottom of the entrance ramp. He said that WrestleMania 21 was a turning point for him as well, as he finally became the World Heavyweight Champion when he defeated Triple H. Since then, he's reached another turning point- finally beating Triple H and Randy Orton, making Evolution a thing of the past. "And I'll be damed, Edge," he said. "If I let you take this from me. At Unforgiven, you'll be getting exactly what you deserve." Batista then charged the ring, and he began brawling with Edge. He had the upper-hand, until Lita hit him in the back of the head from behind with the brief-case. Batista turned slowly towards Lita, and Edge bailed the ring immediately. Batista seemed to think about hitting Lita with a powerbomb or two, but he let her walk away as he stared down Edge on the outside. (86)

Shelton Benjamin vs Rob Conway

For some bizarre reason, these two guys just did not "click" in their match tonight. Both of them seemed pretty off. Benjamin seemed to be distracted by Haas (who was at ring-side) and Conway seemed to be trying just to impress everyone. There were a couple botched moves in this (not many) as well. With that being said, they did have some good bits on the mat with eachother, and both guys showed signs of brilliance. Benjamin did managed to stop Conway from hitting the Ego Trip, and he caught him with a swift T-Bone suplex for the win. Haas tried to run in after the match, but Benjamin clotheslined him out...only to be hit with a low-blow from Conway. Haas then grabbed a chair from ringside, and he and Conway beat on Benjamin. Conway hit the Ego Trip onto the chair, and Haas locked in the Haas of Pain as the show cut to a break. (65)

Another Match for Unforgiven

Eric Bischoff was shown in the back, talking with Randy Orton. Orton talked about how he dropped Chris Jericho with the RKO last night, and that you might as well add another "legend" to his list. Bischoff was laughing with Randy, until Y2J himself came into the room. He ripped on Orton for a bit, then talked about last week. "As you can see, Randle....Y2J's still standing! I don't think you finished the job last week, Mister...Legend Killer!" Orton got into a stare-down with Jericho, with Bischoff inbetween them. Bisch. broke the two apart, and said "You two obviously have something against eachother...so how about I make a match. For Unforgiven. The Legend Killer, Randy Orton, versus Y2J, Chris Jericho!" The crowd popped for that statement. Jericho smiled, slapped Orton playfully across the face, and walked out of the room. (78)

Muhammad Hassan© vs Rhyno [intercontinental Title]

Ok....this was sort-of a train-wreck. Hassan has definately gotten much better since his debut match, but Rhyno was never exactly a great wrestler. He's the kind of guy that only works well in certain environments. And this wasn't one of them. Rhyno had the advantage of his strength and size, and he used that to take down a timid Hassan early on. However, Hassan (as usual) had Daivari in his corner, and this was definately to his advantage. Daivari distracted Rhyno (and the referee) several times in this match, until Mike Chioda got so fed up that he ejected Daivari from ringside! Daivari was going up the ramp, screaming in Arabic (if that's what he speaks) and Rhyno and Chioda had their backs turned. When Rhyno turned around, Hassan drilled him in the face with the Intercontinental Title. He hit the Modified STO on Rhyno, threw the belt from the ring, and made the pinfall as the referee turned around. (69)

We're Taking it...to the Extreme!

Hassan was celebrating in the ring with Daivari after the match, when suddenly, Eric Bischoff's theme music hit! He made his way down the entrance ramp, microphone in hand. Bischoff stared at the scene in the ring, and shook his head. "Now listen....Muhammad. Rhyno. Tonight, I put you two in the main event. I put you in the main event because it was a match that the fans wanted to see. And what did you do? You didn't even give them a clean finish! Now don't get me wrong, Rhyno and I...we aren't the best of friends. But Muhammad, I won't have you screwing up my RAW main events, losing me money! So this isn't the end of this. No...at Unforgiven, it's going to be Muhammad Hassan, defending the Intercontinental Title against Rhyno....in a Hardcore Match! That's right, Falls Count Anywhere, No Disqualifications! Unforgiven!" The crowd gave Bischoff a decent pop (for once) as he went up the ramp to end the show, a small smile on his face. (76)

-----

Quick Results:

William Regal def. Mark Jindrak

Chris Benoit def. Michael Shane

Shawn Michaels def. Kenzo Suzuki

Shelton Benjamin def. Rob Conway

Muhammad Hassan def. Rhyno

Overall Show Rating: 75%

One Stipulation

This week WWE Smackdown! comes to you from Little Rock, Arkansas!

Last week we saw a couple of things happen that will be memorable for Smackdown!'s to come. Fans saw Jim Cornette named as the replacement announcer while Tazz is on hiatus and we also saw a contract signing between John Cena and Christian occur. A contract signing that resulted in Christian laying the champion out cold as the show went off the air. Will John Cena gain vengeance this week over the attack?

As it was announced by Smackdown! GM, Brian Kendrick, Bubba Ray and Johnny Nitro will face eachother in a triple threat match at WWE Smackdown! presents No Mercy, and to be sure that the teams are warmed up, Bubba Ray will take on Kendrick's partner Paul London. Will Kendrick or D-Von get involved in the match? Or better yet, will MNM decide to show up and ruin things for the other two teams?

RVD continues to show dominance after his return just weeks ago when last week he destroyed Tajiri and the week before he did the same to Simon Dean. This week Mr. Thursday Night will face another challenger in Akio. With his extreme background and Paul Heyman in his corner, one has to wonder if Akio even stands a chance. But after the small confrontation between RVD and Carlito Cool last week, one also has to wonder if Carlito will show RVD some Coolitude.

And in this weeks main event, we will see former champions face former friends-become friends again. JBL and Orlando Jordan will face Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero in a tag team match after last week's little fiasco. It has become quite clear that Eddie wants the fans and Rey to trust him about becoming the old, lovable Eddie Guerrero instead of the hellbent Eddie. After not showing any signs of turning on his friend, there is no other choice for Rey but to trust Eddie and allow him to help defeat the "Wrestling God" and Jordan.

Confirmed Card

JBL/Orlando Jordan vs Eddie Guerrero/Rey Mysterio

Rob Van Dam vs Akio

Bubba Ray Dudley vs Paul Londno