WWE 2005 - A Turn for the Worse?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPB Image

Raw gets underway with the usual fanfare and pyros, and it’s Stephanie McMahon again gracing us with her presence to open the show. She struts out to the ring, staring coldly out over the audience with a mike in hand.

Stephanie: Last week the McMahons showed Stone Cold Steve Austin that he can’t mess with us and get away with it. We showed each and every one of you that we’re something you’ll never be – we’re powerful. ‘Good Ol’ J.R’ is no longer working for us, and I couldn’t be happier! Now, we left the recruitment of J.R’s replacement to Eric Bischoff. I mean, surely he can’t screw that up. So Eric, let’s see your man.

Eric Bischoff comes out to a fairly hostile reception.

Bischoff: Stephanie, may I say you look lovely tonight? What perfume is it that you’re wearing? Au de slut? (Pop) I’m sick of sitting back here and listening to your family turn Raw into a big budget Osbornes rip-off. If you want to piss and moan, Steph, maybe you should get your own show. You’ve all been meddling with my business for too long, and now that Vince is out of the picture, it’s my time to shine. I’ve waited fifteen years for this moment, Stephanie, and you’re crazy if you think I won’t take it.

Now, I can’t hire J.R. back due to the fact he’s fallen ill – but what I can do is hire someone who I know cares about this business as much as Jim Ross. Ladies and gentlemen… Joey Styles!

The former ECW announcer comes out to an ‘ECW’ chant, and Stephanie looks on in disgust.

Stephanie: You’re treading on dangerous ground here, Eric. Just because my father isn’t around, doesn’t mean there’s not a set of balls in this arena big enough to crush you like a bug.

Bischoff: Stephanie, if that’s how you want it, come and get it. I almost put your father out of business seven years ago, and I’ve learned from my mistakes. No more playing lap-dog to rich idiots. I’m going to make sure that Raw is the number one show in town!

Eric directs Joey Styles to his announce position, and Stephanie is left in the ring to endure a ‘slut’ chant from the crowd.

87%

COMMERCIAL

We return from the break as The Hurricane & Rosey make their way out to the ring for their chance at regaining their Tag Titles from T.N.T. The tag champions come out to a rather feeble reception.

MATCH ONE: T.N.T. vs. The Hurricane & Rosey

Things start out with The Hurricane in firm control, much to the crowd’s delight. The diminutive cruiser stays in control of Murdoch with his speed and agility, and even hits the chokeslam to a modest pop from the crowd. He covers, but Cade comes across and together he and Murdoch are able to hit a hard suplex which halts Hurricane’s momentum. Cade is tagged in, and the pair begins to isolate and weaken the smaller member of the former championship winning tag team.

Eventually Hurricane makes the anticipated hot tag to Rosey following a dropkick to stall Murdoch’s momentum. Rosey cleans house with some big back body drops and corner splashes. Cover, but Cade again breaks it up. As Rosey deals with him, Murdoch uses one of the belts to knock him out – the referee too busy with Cade to see the blatant example of cheating. The cover is made, and T.N.T. retain through the illegal use of their belts.

O: 73 C: 75 M: 70

As Rosey stumbles dazedly to his feet, he is confronted by an irate Hurricane. He apologies, and Hurricane slaps him! Rosey attempts to retaliate with a clumsy blow, but Hurricane is able to duck under it, kicks him in the gut, and hits the Eye of the Hurricane! The fans boo as Hurricane tears off his face mask and cape, and drapes it over Rosey like a funerary rite.

While the in ring chaos continues, we cut backstage to where Trish Stratus is stretching in preparation for her Woman’s Title defence against Lita. With her is Ashley Massaro. Suddenly Edge enters the room.

Edge: Trish… Ashley… I just wanted to come in here and give you a little warning. I saw what happened last week with your little ‘groupie’ getting involved – and it won’t be happening to my Lita. If I even see that little nut-job I will personally deal with the both of you.

Edge leaves, with Trish and Ashley exchanging looks of confusion.

MATCH TWO – Trish Stratus © vs. Lita for the WWE Women’s Title

This is a fast paced match between two of the division’s most experienced female workers, with Trish in firm control against a worker who hasn’t really stepped into the ring for several months. Lita does get off some offence, but constantly stalls it by turning to the crowd and arguing with their opinion of her as a ‘slut’. Trish looks set to pick up a victory after the Chick Kick and Stratusfaction, but Victoria rushes down the ramp. Trish meets her head on, and the two brawl before Lita gets involved by attacking Trish from behind. The two hit a vertical suplex on Trish before Victoria picks her up for the Widow’s Peak. Wait! That obsessed fan from last week leaps the barrier and enters the ring, spearing Lita to the ground. Victoria is quick to exit, and Trish is helped to her feet by this Mickie James character.

O: 76 C: 86 M: 56

COMMERCIAL

We return from the break to find Eugene in the ring playing to the crowd. He is handed a mike.

Eugene: I’m excited! Are you excited? I’m excited! Tonight one of my favourite wrestlers comes back, uh-huh. It’s…KANE! Yeah. I’m excited! Are you excited? I’ve missed Kane, I certainly have. The way he comes out and it’s all fire and stuff, and then he gives people the chokeslam and it’s like BAM! I’m excited! I’m…

The booming eruption of Kane’s entry flames go off, and Eugene begins to clap excitedly. Kane stalks out, the crowd lapping it up as he steps into the ring.

Eugene: Yay! Kane is he…

Kane cuts off Eugene with a kick to the gut, which gets a sadistic pop from the crowd.

71%

MATCH THREE – Eugene vs. Kane

The fans are somewhat torn for this one, with Eugene being the babyface, but a relatively unpopular one. Kane dominates for the most part, with Eugene playing the sympathetic but horrendously out-classed babyface to perfection. Eugene looks set to record an emotional victory when he signals for the People’s Elbow, but Kane is to his feet in time for the chokeslam! Kane covers for the pin, but doesn’t stop after the bell. Instead he drags Eugene up the ramp and positions him on the edge of the stage. CHOKESLAM! Kane sends Eugene to hell by chokeslamming him from the top of the stage! The camera show Eugene twitching in a pile of wreckage as Kane smiles sadistically.

O: 75 C: 76 M: 75

The commentators discuss how horrible the sight was, as Eugene as taken out of the arena by paramedics. Kane, for his part, seems to have disappeared before anyone could call him for his actions.

After the mess is cleaned up, the fans cheer as Tajiri comes out for his match. Their cheers turn sour as it is revealed he will be facing Chris Masters, who comes out to his usual fanfare.

MATCH FOUR - Chris Masters vs. Tajiri

An extended squash match really. Masters controls the opening with punches, kicks and displays of brute strength until Tajiri fights back. Numerous thigh kicks and a sweet tornado DDT later and Tajiri locks in the Tarantula. Breaking on three he readies himself for the Kick Of DOOOM but Masters ducks as he lashes out. Masters then whips Tajiri into the ropes and sets up the Master lock with a Polish Hammer. Tajiri taps soon after. Masters maintains the hold after bell is rung and, to add further injury to injury, gets a chair and wails on Tajiri before laughing himself to the back.

O: 63 C: 52 M: 75

COMMERCIAL

Back from the break and it’s Rob ‘The Conman’ Conway out in the ring.

Conway: Last week I sent out a message to all of the so-called ‘Legends’ when I beat down one of their own – Doink the Clown. Show the footage!

Footage of Rob Conway’s win over Doink is shown, with special emphasis on the beat down that ensued.

Conway: Wasn’t that something? You see The Con Man is the future of this company and you just don’t know it yet. I’m a reasonable guy though, and I’m going to give you an opportunity to witness my greatness. Starting tonight I will run a weekly segment known as ‘The Conman’s Legends Challenge’ – any old guy backstage who thinks he’s a ‘legend’ can come down here and have his attitude adjusted. Alright, so what old man wants to be the first?

The crowd pop as The Rockers music hits, but it’s Marty Jannetty who comes out to accept Rob Conway’s challenge. Looks like we’ve got a match!

61%

MATCH FIVE – Rob Conway vs. Marty Jannetty

The fans are firmly behind Jannetty in this one, especially with the memory of his enjoyable clash with Kurt Angle prior to Wrestlemania still relatively fresh in their minds. For the early going it’s a perfectly balanced affair, although Conway has to cheat a little to keep it that way. Jannetty gets off some solid offence throughout, but isn’t made to look too strong. Conway eventually picks up the win with a low blow and the Ego Trip. He then beats on Jannetty to the booing of the crowd, whilst the commentary team tease a possible Shawn Michaels save. Suffice it to say, it’s not forthcoming.

O: 65 C: 61 M: 69

COMMERCIAL

And we’re back. “’Aint no stoppin’ me nooooow’ – Shelton Benjamin comes out to a solid reaction from the crowd. His recent feud with Kerwin White hasn’t exactly endeared him to the world, but he’s still liked. Of course, the real ovation is reserved for the arrival of Ric Flair – who gets a huge pop as he comes out to defend his title for the second time in two nights (having defended it against Rene Dupree on Heat).

MATCH SIX – Shelton Benjamin vs. Ric Flair © for the Intercontinental Title

This match has the fans really pumped, with Benjamin the ‘heel’ by default in this one. Flair pulls it all out with another classic performance, getting off every dirty trick in the book in order to combat Benjamin’s clearly superior athleticism. Due to Flair’s own weaknesses, Benjamin isn’t his usual high flying self – but it’s still an entertaining and lengthy bout. Flair gets the crowd really fired up when he tosses Benjamin out of the ring and begins to dance, but the cheers turn to boos as Triple H leaps the security barrier and attacks Flair from behind! With the referee out checking on Shelton’s condition – Triple H is able to beat Flair down before hitting the Pedigree. He then bails out just as Benjamin and the referee turn to re-enter the ring. Flair has stumbled to his feet and, unaware of Triple H’s interference, Benjamin finishes the Nature Boy off with a T-Bone Suplex for the 1-2-3.

O: 75 C: 79 M: 67

Shelton’s victory celebrations are short lived, however, as Triple H returns with his sledge hammer in tow. He lays Benjamin out with a shot to the gut, sending the newly crowned champion to the outside. He then turns on Flair, opening him up with a hard hammer shot and then dragging him backstage in a carbon copy of the Homecoming assault. Security comes to break the pair up, but Triple H scares them off by brandishing the hammer threateningly. As it looks as if Triple H will again ‘kidnap’ Flair, he is attacked from behind by Shelton Benjamin! The crowd cheer as Benjamin knocks the hammer from Triple H’s hands – only for Triple H to kick him in the gut and hit a Pedigree on the concrete. With Benjamin disposed of, Triple H looks to continue beating Flair, but the Nature Boy has disappeared! Triple H roars in frustration as we cut to commercial.

COMMERCIAL

Returning from the break we find that the set for Carlito’s Cabana has been set up. Carlito struts out to boos from the crowd.

Carlito: Do you know what is not cool? Carlito being left out of tonight’s main event – that’s not cool. Instead of getting his shot at John Cena’s title, Carlito has to interview Hulk Hogan (pop). Don’t cheer for him! That’s not cool! Carlito is cool! Carlito’s Cabana is cool. (Crowd continues to cheer) None of you is cool!

Carlito reaches into his barrel of apples and raises one to his mouth, presumably to spit on the crowd, but he is cut off by the music of Hulk Hogan. The arena erupts as Hogan begins to make his way down the ramp. He plays to the crowd in the ring, much to Carlito’s annoyance.

Carlito: Stop it

Hogan continues to play to the crowd

Carlito: That’s not cool! Anyone can do that!

Carlito begins to mimic Hogan’s classic poses. Hogan stops to watch, occasionally turning to the crowd as if to ask ‘what’s this clown doing’? The crowd boo Carlito’s attempt. He stops and takes the mike again.

Carlito: You know what? Carlito doesn’t care if you don’t like his poses! Carlito is here to interview Hulk Hogan – and that’s what he’s going to do. Are you ready?

Hogan: Go ahead, brother.

Carlito: I don’t need your position. You’re not my boss. (Pause) Everyone is asking. Everyone wants to know. It’s on everybody’s lips. When is Hulk Hogan going to retire?

Hogan: Well, you know something, brother? Hulk Hogan isn’t going to retire anytime soon. As long as Hulkamania is alive and kicking, brother, Hulk Hogan is alive and well, brother. So, the question you’ve got to ask yourself, brother, is when are you going to give Hulk Hogan the respect he deserves?

Carlito: Respect? What have you done lately? Beat HBK? Everyone’s doing that? I saw a guy in the car park beat HBK 1-2-3 just yesterday. You want Carlito’s respect? You want Carlito to think you’re cool? You have to earn that, ‘brother’.

Hogan laughs at Carlito’s comments, which further infuriates Carlito. He bites his apple and goes to spit it at Hogan, but the Hulkster raises a finger in warning. Carlito gulps down his apple nervously.

Carlito: You know what? Carlito doesn’t have time for this. Carlito doesn’t think you’re worth his time.

Carlito begins to leave, and Hogan immediately starts to play to the crowd, turning his back on Carlito. It’s a fatal error, as Carlito blindsides him with a forearm to the back of the head and begins to beat him down. The crowd boo as Carlito spits an apple on the fallen Hulk Hogan before mocking his classic poses.

86%

COMMERCIAL

Howard Finkel is in the ring to announce the night’s main event, a fatal four way between Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Edge, and Big Show for a shot at John Cena’s WWE Title at Survivor Series.

MATCH SEVEN: Kurt Angle vs. Edge vs. Big Show vs. Shawn Michaels for #1 Contendership

The two men scheduled to start this match are Edge and Kurt Angle, with the fans clearly in support of Edge despite his recent altercations with Matt Hardy. Clearly Kurt Angle is the #1 heel in this bout. It starts off heavily technical, with Kurt Angle slowing things right down with holds and the like. Edge is able to regain some advantage when he powers out of a side headlock and rebounds off the ropes for a spear, but the resulting pinfall only earns a two count. Edge drags Angle to his feet but is rewarded with an elbow to the gut and a fireman’s carry into an armbar. Angle works on the arm for a time before whipping Edge hard. A blind tag is made, and the crowd really get up as Shawn Michaels vaults into the ring. Angle rushes at him, but Michaels nails him with a dropkick. On the other side of the ring, Big Show and Edge are brawling after Show used the low bridge to take Edge out of the ring. HBK takes control of things with some wicked chops in the corner before Angle halts things with a knee to the midsection and a rake to the eyes. Frustrated, he knocks Shawn Michaels out of the ring and tags in Big Show. The Show waits in the ring for Michaels’ return and, when it comes, sets him up for the chokeslam. HBK fights out of it, however, and is able to drop Big Show after three consecutive drop kicks. Show stumbles back into the ropes, prompting Michaels to run at him for a cactus clothesline that sends both men to the outside.

Michaels stumbles to his feet only to be levelled by a spear from Edge, which sends him spine first into the security barrier. Big Show is also attacked, with Kurt Angle locking an ankle lock onto the bigger man. Edge stalks over to Michaels, who somehow finds the strength to fight to his feet and whip Edge into the stairs. He then advances and hits Sweet Chin Music on Angle mid-ankle lock! Angle drops like a sack of bricks. Michaels doesn’t hesitate, going right to work on Show before rolling him into the ring. He whips Show to the corner and begins to tune the band. Here it comes… SWEET CHIN MUSIC! Big Show staggers but doesn’t fall, so HBK hits him with a second. He goes down! Michaels, exhausted, slumps back against the ropes rather than immediately capitalising. Angle is up, and he makes the blind tag! He enters the ring, sends Michaels to the outside, and rushes across to cover. 1-2-3! Angle just stole Michaels’ victory!

O: 86 C: 90 M: 80

Kurt Angle doesn’t stick around, making a quick exit as Shawn Michaels re-enters the ring in a rage. Edge, for his part, simply smiles smugly and pats his Money in the Bank briefcase with satisfaction.

As he flees, however, Angle bumps into Cena – who has just entered the arena. The two stare one another down before Angle shakes his head and walks away. Cena plays to the crowd as Raw goes off the air.

IPB Image

Preview

CM Punk makes his debut in singles action against Hardcore Holly

Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Benoit © for the US Championship

Batista vs. Bob Orton

Eddie Guerrero vs. Randy Orton for #1 Contendership

Juventud © vs. Paul London for the Cruiserweight Title

Matt Hardy vs. Ken Kennedy

Plus what fallout will come of Teddy Long's confrontation with Palmer Cannon, the network's representative? Can Booker T focus after last week's happenings with his wife, Sharmell?

Eric did, in this diary, what I expected to happen last night on RAW. Of course it didn't which pissed me off. Only thing is, I can't see Eric introducing Styles like that, simply because they really don't like each other.

Most of the show was kind of typical, with most winners who would have won in real life and such.

Not sure I agree with Flair dropping the title but I guess if he's going into the fued with Triple H, you don't want HHH holding the title so it's good to put it on someone who can defend it regularly. So I guess I could come up with an argument for either way.

Also good that you didn't go with HBK getting the win in the main event but a nice surprise would have been either Edge of Show winning. Angle and Michaels have had plenty of opportunities. Solid show nonethless.

As for Smackdown, it would be nice to see London get his title back but I don't see it happening. And please, for the love of god, don't give the US title to Misterio.

Most of the show was kind of typical, with most winners who would have won in real life and such.

You can expect that for the first month or so, since I'm trying to be as true to current WWE storylines as possible. After I resolve the current ones, I can move on to my own ideas.

I wasn't really saying it was a bad thing. Actually adds to the realism in the beginning. I know how hard it is to differentiate from the current stories while starting a diary. It takes a few months, and it will be cool when you get your own stories going as well.

IPB Image

Taking time out from my busy schedule of listening to overpaid superstars piss and moan; I’ve ducked down to the arena to witness Smackdown live. For the most part I’m still coming to terms with the concept of long term booking – such as plotting out the upcoming Survivor Series pay-per-view and, beyond that, Armageddon and Royal Rumble. I’ll give Vince this, he had a mind for long term goals – he’d started building up Batista and Cena well before their eventual Royal Rumble triumphs (well, Cena came second, but that’s right after first – as Buzz Aldrin must say).

Smackdown kicks off with highlights of last week’s show, focussing on Randy Orton’s upset ‘victory’ over Batista in the main event. This is, of course, a preview for tonight’s clash between Eddie and Randy to decide who will be #1 contender.

The first out, however, is Paul London – who comes out to a modest pop from the crowd. The real reaction is saved for Cruiserweight champion, Juventud, who rides out on a mower minus his Mexicool buddies for his title defence.

MATCH ONE: Paul London vs. Juventud © for the Cruiserweight Title

Fans are treated to a stellar opening bout, designed specifically to highlight the cruiserweight division. I’d have liked to push it right to the forefront in an ‘X-Division’ style promotion, but baby-steps are the way to go, and so fans are instead being treated to the gradual re-injection of the style. It’s a very open match, with both workers enjoying equal shares of the offence and the crowd’s support. The end comes about following a missed Shooting Star Press from London (yes, I’m allowing that) – with Juvi capitalising with the Juvi Driver for the 1-2-3. He celebrates on the turnbuckles, but the crowd’s cheers turn sour as Kid Kash makes his WWE debut, racing down the ramp. Paul London groggily turns to face him, and earns a dropkick for his troubles. As Kash stands up, however, Juvi comes off the top rope with a hurricanrana, which sends Kash tumbling to the outside. Kash retreats up the ramp, gesturing to Juvi’s cruiserweight title. Looks like the division just got another major player.

O: 79 C: 63 M: 95

Backstage the fans cheer as we see Teddy Long in his office talking on the phone in his nonsensical street speak. Palmer Cannon interrupts by hanging up the phone on Long.

Long: What the hell are you doing, playa?

Cannon: I want a word with you, Teddy.

Long: What is it?

Cannon: Last week you made a fool out of me. No, you made a fool out of the network. I warned you that you’d get a war, Teddy, and I’m delivering on that. You think you can stand up to the network? We own you, we own the WWE, and we will decide what the fans want to see. But if you refuse to step down and let me take complete control, why don’t we have ourselves a little match for it?

Long: You against me, playa? (Stands up)

Cannon: No, no – nothing like that. We’re businessmen. Let’s leave the fighting to the wrestlers. How about you organise yourself a little team of men, and I’ll organise one – and we’ll face off at Survivor Series, how about that?

Long: I might not like you, Palmer, but I like the way you think. You’ve got yourself a deal, playa.

Cannon: Excellent.

65%

Yes, I’m a genius. I was able to put a Survivor Series on the Survivor Series card without making it entirely meaningless.

COMMERCIAL

Who’s that jumping out the sky?

(Yes, Rey’s new music sucks. I put his old one back in as my first order of business, really).

MATCH TWO: Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Benoit © for the US Title

This is, I’m sad to say, what I call a card-filler. Whilst it’s a match people want to see, and as such, has its place – it really didn’t do a lot to further either guy’s evolution within the company. Of course, neither did Orlando Jordan losing match after match in under thirty seconds – but that’s beside the point. Like the first match of the evening, this clash is about giving the audience an open, enjoyable contest without the need for gimmicks or soap opera storyline. That’s what Smackdown’s strong point is – better workers. In a marathon thirteen minute battle, Benoit is eventually able to pick up a victory with the Crippler Crossface, but not before we’ve seen the Triple German Suplex, the 619, and every other trademark move in each competitor’s bag of tricks. After Rey’s tapped out, the two shake hands.

O: 80 C: 78 M: 82

We immediately cut backstage where Christian is looking at a posted note on the wall, probably the card for the evening.

Christian: What the hey? (To a nearby crew member) Hey you, baldie, come here. Why is Smackdown’s #1 performer not on this card?

Man: Uh, Christian, I don’t know – I don’t book the cards. Maybe you could talk to….

The man’s reply is cut off as Christian sends him face first into the wall. He then turns to the camera man.

Christian: You know what’s wrong with this program? It’s that new faces just breeze in and get recognition whilst genuine superstars like Captain Charisma himself, Christian, are forced to sit in the wings. Who do I see on this card that doesn’t deserve a spot? Hmm… Matt Hardy, for one. If every loser who lost a girlfriend got a main event push, we’d have to have thousand man royal rumbles every night just to give them all TV time. You know, I think Matt Hardy is onto something. Maybe I should go out, fall for a woman, and then lose her to a clearly superior man? Then I’d get some recognition. Or, better yet, I’ll get a boy band to record me a super-sappy entrance theme about love and feelings, and Teddy would push me to the moon. I can see it now – I’ll main event Wrestlemania XXIII up against Batista in a ‘You Stole My Girlfriend’ match. Jerry Springer can do commentary, and OJ Simpson can be the special guest enforcer. It’s everyone’s dream combination – pro wrestling with whiny love stories!

Matt Hardy, know this, you may be getting your moment in the sun soon – but the fans are fickle. They’ll soon stop thinking ‘Aw, poor Matt got dumped’ and they’ll start to think ‘Matt who?’. Christian, however, is eternal.

79%

MIIIIIIIIIISTER KENNEDY!

KENNEDY!

Ken Kennedy comes out to pretty strong heat from the crowd, and does his usual announcer spiel to a negative response. The arena pops as Matt Hardy comes out to interrupt Kennedy as he’s about to say he hails from Greenbay, Wisconsin.

MATCH THREE: Ken Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy

Like the two matches before it, this bout is a fast faced and enjoyable clash, focussing more on the two workers brawling abilities than anything. Things are mixed up occasionally with a high flying move (such as Hardy missing a leg drop from the top) or a big impact move (such as Ken Kennedy’s killer Uranage). Matt Hardy begins to gain control after this, however, with Kennedy on the back foot following a series of chops followed by a running clothesline to the outside. Matt shines on the outside, whipping Kennedy hard into the steps and then hitting a nasty looking vertical suplex onto the hard floor outside. He rolls Kennedy back into the ring and lays him out with a powerslam before going to the top rope for the second leg drop attempt of the evening. Christian interrupts things, however.

Christian: Wait a second. Sorry to interrupt, Matt, but I had a question before I embark on my quest to get a heart-break push. Now, when you first met Lita, were you really in love with her? Or did you pick her because you knew she had a wandering eye? I’m just curious, is all, should I actually take the time to fall in love? Or is it quicker albeit a little less believable to just find a skank?

Matt is distracted too long and, in typical Ken Kennedy style, Kennedy steps up to the second turnbuckle and treats Matt to the Lambeau Leap for the 1-2-3. Christian, his part done, makes a quick exit whilst Matt stares coldly up the ramp.

O: 75 C: 71 M: 79

COMMERCIAL

Back from the break and we’re all treated to MNM’s entrance, complete with Melina’s luscious legs and Jillian Hall’s far from luscious face. Next out is LOD 2005, who get a huge pop as they come out for their title defence.

MATCH FOUR: LOD 2005 © vs. MNM for the World Tag Titles

This is pretty much a throwaway match between the champions and their #1 opposition for the tag titles. MNM isolate Heidenreich early on, and use their ability to make quick tags to great effect. Likewise, Melina and Jillian Hall interfere at opportune moments to ensure that Heidenreich cannot tag in Animal. Eventually the cocky challenger slip up, taking a ‘snapshot’ and allowing Heidenreich to capitalise with a double clothesline. He then ‘hulks up’ (or whatever he wants to call it), back-body dropping Mercury before tagging in to a hot Road Warrior Animal. He dominates for the brief period he’s in the ring, hitting a hard suplex on Mercury before treating an interfering Nitro to a spinebuster. He’s got Mercury up on his shoulders for the Doomsday Device when William Regal & Paul Birchall race down the ramp and enter the ring. Regal and Birchall take out Animal’s knees and, as Heidenreich comes in for the save, Birchall locks him in the Fujiwara Armbar. It’s not a direct assault strictly on the champions either, with Regal laying out Nitro with a stiff clothesline. The two British brawlers have cleaned house!

O: 70 C: 66 M: 75

Backstage now, and we see Sharmell with Booker T. He doesn’t look like he wants to hear a word of what she’s saying.

Sharmell: Booker, I’m so sorry, I don’t know what came over me. You have to believe me, I was only doing what was best for you?

Booker T: Tell me you didn’t just say that.

Sharmell: Baby please

Booker T: It was in my best interests. Baby, I was a five time, five time, five time, five time, five time WCW Champion without having to cheat – what makes you think I need it now?

Sharmell: Well, Booker, you haven’t really… done much lately.

Booker T: Oh, now tell me you didn’t just say that!

Sharmell: Baby, you know what I meant!

Booker T turns and walks away, Sharmell remaining behind looking dejected. As he walks, the camera follows him. He passes JBL, he is chuckling.

Booker T: What’s so funny, sucka?

JBL: Nothing Booker, nothing.

Booker T begins to walk away.

JBL: Except…

Booker T spins back around

Booker T: Except what?

JBL: I just find it amusing that you’re a five time champion and you can’t even keep your lady in line, is all.

Booker T: You think it’s funny?

JBL: Actually, I think it’s hilarious

Booker T: You think it’s hilarious. That’s great.

Booker T swings! He clobbers JBL, who begins to retaliate with right hands of his own. A cluster of referees and security guards interfere before it can degenerate. As they’re dragged apart, JBL yells “I want him arrested. Everyone saw that! It was unjustified assault!”

82%

COMMERCIAL

Returning from the commercial and the fans are already booing as ‘Cowboy’ Bob Orton comes out for his clash against Batista. Will Randy Orton be able to keep his nose out of things? Nobody much cares as Batista’s music hits and the Animal comes out to a tremendous ovation.

MATCH FIVE: Batista vs. Bob Orton

Remarkably, this clash isn’t as bad as most would have expected, even if it is mostly a Batista squash. Orton saves a little face when he’s able to halt the momentum with a low blow and come off the top rope for an axe handle – but ultimately it’s just a chance for Batista to get a little revenge against the man who cost him last week’s match. The end comes after four minutes, Batista hitting the Batista Bomb for the 1-2-3.

O: 71 C: 73 M: 68

As Batista stands astride the turnbuckles with the strap held high, Orton makes his move, the younger of the legendary family racing down the ramp. Batista spins around as he enters the ring, and Randy seems to have some second thoughts. He stops where he is, puts up his hands in supplication, and slowly backs out of the ring. Batista’s music hits again.

83%

COMMERCIAL

Randy Orton is already out in the ring for this bout, and there’s a modest pop for Eddie as he struts out ready to lie, cheat, and steal his way to victory if necessary.

MATCH SIX: Eddie Guerrero vs. Randy Orton for #1 Contendership

The two men tie up and right off the bat Eddie goes on the offensive, a thumb to the eye allowing him to get in an early sidewalk slam for a rather hopeful pinfall attempt. It draws only a one count before Randy gets a shoulder up. Eddie dominates the early going, but eventually he slips up, showboating a little too long on the second rope and allowing Orton to catch him mid-air for a belly to belly suplex. Orton drops some elbows into Guerrero before covering for a two. Eddie is dragged to his feet and Orton hits a spinning neckbreaker before covering again. Eddie is out just a fraction later this time.

It’s Orton’s time to dominate now, and he does so with a lot of tiring holds mixed in with the occasional suplex. As he holds in a particularly damaging sleeper, however, Eddie begins to fight out – doing his characteristic dance before driving some hard elbows into Orton’s side – one hard back suplex later and both men are lying down. Eddie is first up, and he looks set to hit the Three Amigos, only to have Orton counter with a vertical suplex of his own! Eddie is up, and Orton goes for the RKO! No, Eddie shoves him forward and, on the rebound, rolls him up with a handful of tights. 1-2-NO! Randy somehow rolls out.

Eddie looks frustrated, but locks in the Three Amigos and hits them! He heads up top for the frog splash but Orton rolls out of the ring before Eddie can even leave the turnbuckle! He steps down, comes off the ropes, and flies through the ropes in a suicide dive! Orton, however, has the presence of mind to use a chair to halt his progress mid-air, no doubt compacting his neck with the blow! The referee calls for the disqualification, but Orton doesn’t seem to care. He drives the chair into the neck and spine of Guerrero a few times. Batista’s music hits, and Orton bails through the audience – the damage done.

O: 73 C: 65 M: 81

As Orton flees the arena, Teddy Long comes out to join Batista in the ring. All the while paramedics are checking on Eddie’s condition. It doesn’t look good as they wheel him away in a neck brace.

Teddy: Randy, I know you’re hiding out there somewhere, playa – so I’m going to make this real simple for you. If Eddie isn’t fit to compete, you won’t just automatically be named #1 contender, believe dat. Next week, right here on Smackdown, there’ll be a rematch between you and Eddie Guerrero, with Batista as special guest referee! (Pop) But, if Eddie isn’t fit to wrestle, you’ll still have a match – it will be a four way elimination match between you, Rey Mysterio, Ken Kennedy, and Chris Benoit – with the winner being named the number one contender for Batista’s title! (Pop)

Batista looks over at Teddy Long with a satisfied smile as the show goes off air.

65%

IPB Image

Preview

In the lead-up to Taboo Tuesday, it's all going to hit the fan. How will Stephane McMahon react to Bischoff's challenge to her authority? Also, Stone Cold Steve Austin will be in the house to address J.R's recent firing!

Trish Stratus & Mickie James vs. Victoria & Torrie Wilson

Last week The Hurricane turned on Rosey. This week he explains why on Carlito's Cabana!

Shelton Benjamin © vs. Chris Masters for the Intercontinental Title

John Cena & Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle & Edge

Plus Rob Conway's Legends challenge continues, we'll see Hulk Hogan in action, Ric Flair lays down a challenge for Triple H, Stone Cold Steve Austin is in the house, and Kane is forced to suffer the consequences of last week's brutal assault on Eugene!

IPB Image

Just quick results from Heat tonight, my girlfriend is demanding I help her cook for her parent's visit - so it'll have to do. I'm sure somebody'll do more detailed results later.

Match One

CM Punk made his debut (didn't they say it was going to be on Smackdown?) with a pretty dominant match against Funaki. He basically controlled it from start to finish, and finished it off with something Michael Cole called a 'modified DDT' and which Steven Richards (he commentates Heat now, apparently) called the Devil's Lock DDT. Looked pretty gruesome. Was a damn good match too, for a squash.

O: 78 C: 64 M: 92

Next up they played a hype video for Survivor Series, or more specifically, for the Kurt Angle vs. John Cena match. Jeez I hope they add a stip to this - it's not going to be anything special otherwise.

96%

Match Two

Victoria is in the ring and it looks like she'll be taking on Mickie James. She defines prawn, that woman. All body - no head. This was a really good match, really even. Victoria brawled heaps, and James (What was wrong with Laree?) pulls out some nasty offence as well. That crazy ass kick she does nearly killed Victoria. End comes with Candice Michelle interfering and distracting Mickie so Victoria could hit the Widow's Peak. Trish Stratus got a mad pop as she ran out to make the save.

O: 58 C: 51 M: 66

Next out is Rob Conway, who gets some decent heat. I guess his 'legend killer' gimmick is slowly turning people's heads. I'll give you a basic transcript of what he said.

Conway: Rob 'The Conman' Conway is unstoppable. Last week on Raw I made a man who re-defined tag team wrestling look like an amateur. Before that I made Doink look like, well... Doink was already an amateur. It doesn't matter. What matters is that Rob Conway is ready to give his next legend a shot, but I don't want just any legend, and I sure as well don't want to wrestle him here in front of you losers. No, tomorrow night on Raw I want Shawn Michaels. So, HBK, if you're the 'showstoppa' and the icon like you say - you'll be there tomorrow night ready for a match.

82%

Not sure how this will work. HBK should win, but wouldn't that kind of stall Conway's push? And besides, he's in the main event! I sense a blow-off

Wow, our first inter-promotional match on Heat. Rene Dupree is out ranting about how great he is when Bobby Lashley comes out to a really good response.

Match 3

This is pretty much a squash, and not a very good one either. Dupree no sells a lot of Lashley's offence, which hurts. Lashley eventually picks up the win with an absolutely gruesome running powerbomb. Isn't that how D'Lo ended Droz's career? They should probably look at a new finisher for the guy. Meh match, really.

O: 54 C: 40 M: 69

Now we cut backstage to where Kerwin White is talking to Maria. He's chatting to her about taking her out and showing her his yacht. It's all white, he says, because if it's not white - it's not right. He then starts talking about a man who definitely isn't white - Shelton Benjamin. He thinks it's a farce that Benjamin is champion when he's been dropping matches like (and I quote) 'Rainman having a seizure). He says next he'll take the title for himself.

63%

Match 4

Shelton Benjamin and Kerwin play out what will undoubtedly be the match of the night, a very even match with great psychology. You'd actually think there was genuine bad blood between the two. Plenty of high flying offence from Kerwin, and Benjamin does his usual array of freakishly good balance based moves. After a pretty lengthy bout Shelton picks up the crowd pleasing win with a T-Bone Suplex for the 1-2-3. Afterwards, as Shelton celebrates, Kerwin yells at the referee and kicks over his golf bag.

O: 79 C: 76 M: 83

And finally our main event, which will see LOD 2005 in their umpteenth title defence against Birchall & Regal.

Match 5

Pretty damn good match, especially given who the champions are. Birchall and Regal carry it, really, doing some great technical work and selling Heidenreich and Animal's offence. Animal, as per usual, is the guy who gets the hot tag that looks set to lead them to a win - but William Regal goes to the power of the punch brass knuckle style, and the referee calls for the DQ. The two teams are squaring off, looking set to brawl, when suddenly T.N.T.'s music hits and the RAW tag champions begin to make their way out. There's tension and then a three way brawl erupts! The three tag teams brawl, but T.N.T have the advantage of not just having worked a match and come out on top. The night ends with Murdoch and Cade posing over the fallen Smackdown champions.

O: 73 C: 69 M: 78

Edited by chriswalkerbush....walkerbush

“You want the good news or the bad news?” Dr. Leo Phelps had just burst into my office unannounced, catching me in the act of cheating in Solitaire.

“Hit me with the bad news”. I’ve always thought it’s best to get that out of the way, makes life a hell of a lot easier.

“Eddie Guerrero suffered a severe neck injury in his match against Randy Orton”.

Well fuck, that puts a dampener on an otherwise sterling game of solitaire. Now I needed to go ahead with my second choice Smackdown main event – not to mention having to potentially rebook my entire Survivor Series main event. In the old days I’d have had Orton shot and buried somewhere but alas, in these days of wrestling being so damn well known, I think he’d be missed.

“Alright, so what’s the good news?”

“You don’t have syphilis”

Fucking eh!

IPB Image

Joey Styles and Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler welcome us live to Raw on the USA Network, running down the highlights we can expect. Not only is their the blockbuster tag main event, but we’re also told that Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Kane, and Stone Cold Steve Austin will all be present tonight in some capacity.

The show gets officially underway as Rob Conway comes out to a fairly heated reaction. A replay of his open challenge to Shawn Michaels from Heat is shown.

Rob: Well, HBK, what do you say? Are you man enough to step into the ring with the Conman?

“I think I’m cute, I know I’m sexy…” Shawn Michaels struts out, playing to the crowd in typical fashion. He gets into the ring and is handed a mike.

HBK: Let me get this straight, Ron, is it? Ron, listen, I’m a busy man. I’m wrestling the main event tonight, so you’ll understand if I keep this brief.

Shawn Michaels steps back and nails Conway with Sweet Chin Music!

HBK: Not tonight, kiddo.

Shawn Michaels throws down the mike and leaves.

74%

We cut backstage to where Josh Matthews is with Hurricane Helms, but he looks completely different. Gone is the trademark mask, so too the green cape and wrestling attire. Instead Helms wears far more conventional attire, his hair allowed to hang out.

Josh: Hurricane, last week you…

Helms: Hurricane? No, no, no, no – you’ve got it wrong. The Hurricane is dead, Josh Matthews, I laid him to rest last week along with my entire wasted WWE career. I came to the WWE four years ago in hopes of making the big time, but instead I played super hero to the ignorant masses and achieved a sum total of nothing. Well, that all ended last week – Rosey costing us our chance at regaining the tag titles was the final straw. Say hello to ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms, the man I used to be and the man I always should have been.

Josh: Well Hurr… Shane, how do you feel about tonight’s match against your former tag team partner, Rosey?

Helms: How should I feel, Josh? Should I be nervous? Regretful? Anxious? Scared? I’m none of these things. I carried our tag team for its entire existence, and tonight I’ll make sure everyone out there knows that was the case. Rosey is four hundred pounds of wasted space.

Josh: What are your plans beyond tonight?

Helms: I’m glad you asked, Josh. You see ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms isn’t about pleasing the crowd. Shane Helms is all about himself from now on in. Why? Because Shane Helms is all that matters.

73%

COMMERCIAL

Back from the break and Rosey is already in the ring for his match against Shane Helms. He’s still wearing his superhero themed gear. Shane Helms comes out to new music (‘I’m a Fake’ by The Used) and new ring attire.

MATCH ONE: ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms vs. Rosey

There’s plenty of heat in this one, with both competitors really selling Helms’ betrayal of the superhero creed. Rosey and Helms stare one another off before Helms starts things with a right hand – Rosey retaliates with a flurry of his own, and gets some real momentum going as he whips Helms and then crushes him with a powerslam. He pumps the crowd up as he goes to lift Helms, but Shane hits him with a few elbows to the gut and then knocks him down with a flying elbow. He then comes off the ropes with a stiff dropkick to a seated Rosey’s face, covering but only getting two before the bigger men literally threw him off. Helms rushes immediately back at Rosey, but the big man picks him up and press slams him to the outside!

Rosey goes out to continue work on Helms, but the smaller man guillotines him. He then comes off the top rope with a flying elbow and a cover gets two. Frustrated, Helms goes to the outside and returns with a chair. The referee sees it, however, and wrests it from his grip. Whilst he disposes of it, Helms hits a football punt to Rosey’s crotch, doubling the big man over. He hits the Nightmare on Helms Street and covers for a dirty 1-2-3.

O: 75 C: 71 M: 79

Helms doesn’t wait around for Rosey to get revenge, and soon after his departure, Rosey stalks off as well. Moments later the fans begin to boo as Stephanie McMahon makes her way out to the ring, regarding the crowd with utter contempt.

Stephanie: Two weeks ago on Raw’s Homecoming – Raw’s finest hour, there was one big blemish on the entire evening. No, not that, there was one black spot on my family’s evening. I’m sure each and every one of you sick, sadistic losers found it hilarious. I am, of course, referring to Stone Cold Steve Austin stunning my entire family. Not just my father, not just my brother, hell – not even just me. Stone Cold Steve Austin had the audacity to give my mother a stunner! (Pop) Well, the McMahons do not bow to anyone, especially not a drunk like Steve Austin. We sent him a message by sacking Jim Ross (boos) and tonight I’m going to make Steve an offer. So, Steve, get out here!

There is a pregnant pause before glass shatters and the Rattlesnake begins to stomp down. As J.R. would have said, ‘business is about to pick up’.

Stephanie: Steve, Steve.

Steve: I hear you, Stephanie, now start talking before Steve Austin gets bored…

Stephanie: I’m giving you a…

Steve: Because when Steve Austin starts getting bored he starts hitting stunners. Booyah!

Stephanie: If you’d just listen to me…

Steve: I am listening to you, but all I’m hearing is ‘I’m a spoiled brat and I want you to stun me’.

Stephanie: Steve, you will listen to me or you’ll never see your good buddy J.R. back in this business. Not in the WWE, not anywhere.

Steve: Alright, speak your piece, but do you mind if I have a drink while you talk? All of this listening is thirsty business.

A few beers are thrown to Austin. He cracks them open and begins to drink as Stephanie talks.

Stephanie: If you agree to do a few ‘favours’ for me…

Steve: I see. You want Steve Austin to be your personal boy toy, is that it? Does the million dollar princess want to slum it with the Texas Rattlesnake?

Stephanie: Business favours, Steve. I get more than enough of those favours

Steve: I bet you do…

Stephanie: (Letting the comment slide) As I was saying, if you agree to do some jobs for me, I’ll be more than happy to hire J.R. back

Steve: So, Steve Austin does some housework for you and his best friend gets his job back?

Stephanie: Sure, something like that. Do we have a deal?

Steve: (Thinks and drinks) If you want Steve Austin to get J.R’s job back, give me a ‘hell yeah’

Crowd: HELL YEAH!

Steve: I guess we’ve got a deal

Stephanie: Excellent. My office, next week.

Stephanie begins to walk away.

Steve: Oh, and Stephanie?

Stephanie turns around right into a stunner! The crowd go nuts as Stone Cold pours beer all over Stephanie and ascends each turnbuckle.

90%

MATCH TWO: Trish Stratus & Mickie James vs. Victoria & Torrie Wilson

This is a rather basic female’s match, with the face team able to well and truly dominant the not particularly skilled Torrie Wilson by isolating her. Mickie James does the bulk of in ring work, but gets distracted when Candice Michelle gets up on the apron. Mickie sends her flying right back off it with a kick to the ribs, but Victoria is on hand to attack her from behind and hit the Widow’s Peak. Trish Stratus rushes across to break up the pinfall, but is met with a flimsy looking clothesline from Torrie Wilson. Victoria, Candice, and Torrie manage to steal a victory here.

O: 62 C: 71 M: 44

COMMERCIAL

Back from the break and we see Eric Bischoff in his office. Surprisingly, he gets a mild pop from the crowd. In his office with him is a doctor.

Eric: He’ll never wrestle again?

Doctor: That’s right. You see, the chokeslam damaged his spine. He’ll be lucky to walk…

Eric: Jesus. I didn’t like the kid, but that’s awful. You’re sure?

Doctor: Well, there’s always the chance of a miracle, but I wouldn’t be banking on it.

Eric: Thankyou, doctor.

The doctor leaves. A moment later there’s a knock on the door. It’s Big Show.

Eric: Ah, Big Show, just the man I wanted to see. Are you ready for a match?

Show: I’m always ready for a match

Eric: Good, I want you to make an example of Kane. Nobody does that to a Bischoff and gets away with it.

Big Show nods and leaves. Eric sits down.

Eric: And now I’m a man short.

He lifts up a piece of paper. On it is the Smackdown letterhead and a list of names. He begins to peruse it.

MATCH THREE: Kane vs. Big Show

Big Show is out first to a surprisingly large pop, but Kane’s own entrance gets a far louder reaction. The two brawl rather methodically for a while before Show gets the upper hand with a big knee to the midsection followed by a broad forearm to the back. Whip to the corner, where he quiets the crowd and then hits a painful slap on Kane. He does this twice before Kane blocks the strike and comes out of the corner with a stiff arm clothesline. Show doesn’t fall, but Kane hits it a second time – sending Show to the mat. Cover, but Big Show gets an arm up. Once he’s too his feet, Big Show is whipped and met with a big boot that sends him to the outside. Kane again whips him, this time into the security barrier, before rushing at him for a big boot. Show rolls away, and Kane hangs himself up before being levelled with a meaty forearm from Show that sends him into the crowd. Big Show and Kane brawl backstage, the referee obviously deciding a count-out isn’t necessary in this clash. We lose sight of them a moment before they are found backstage, still brawling as they stumble through the hallway. Big Show attempts to whip Kane into a roller door but Kane reverses and Show rebounds of it. As he stumbles backwards, Kane spins him around and hits the chokeslam onto concrete! He covers with a hand on Show’s throat, but Big Show somehow kicks out (damn no selling bastard). Kane decides against a conventional win and collects a chair – pummelling Show into submission before casting aside the warped chair and stamping off. Let’s call this one a moral victory to the big red machine.

O: 71 C: 78 M: 55

(Big Show didn’t sell)

COMMERCIAL

We return from the break to find some paramedics seeing to Big Show, who is bleeding. He is refusing to lie still, ranting about wanting to finish the job he started.

We then cut to the ring, where Shelton Benjamin and Chris Masters are preparing to do battle for the Intercontinental Title.

MATCH FOUR: Shelton Benjamin © vs. Chris Masters for the IC Title

This one starts off in fine fashion, the two men tying up and Shelton managing to get behind Masters for a belly to back suplex. He locks in a freestyle wrestling style hold, but Masters showcases his strength by fighting to his feet and backing into the turnbuckle. Benjamin is momentarily stunned, and Masters furthers his cause with a few choice uppercuts to the jaw. He then hits a scoop slam on Benjamin before posing over him. Masters begins to drag Benjamin to his feet and whips him hard towards the corner, but Benjamin showcases his trademark balance by leaping to the top turnbuckle, balancing, and then hitting Masters with a mean looking heel kick as he approaches. The fans rally as Benjamin covers, but Masters disappoints them by getting a shoulder up.

Benjamin enjoys a period of dominance here, but Masters thwarts him at every turn with underhanded blows, sliding out of the ring to recover, or simply being too strong. The end comes about with Shelton on the offensive, having just knocked Masters down with a dropkick. He’s now waiting for Masters to stand so he can hit a superkick, but the Masterpiece ducks and Benjamin gets tied up on the ropes. Masters pounces on him, locking in the Masterlock, though it isn’t legal with Benjamin on the ropes. The referee tries to pull Masters off of Benjamin but he refuses to relinquish the hold. Benjamin has already blacked out. With no choice, the referee calls for the bell. Shelton Benjamin wins this one via DQ.

O: 74 C: 72 M: 76

After a few more moments of torture, Masters releases Benjamin and tosses his limp form to the ground. He’s made his point.

COMMERCIAL

WOOOOOO! Back from the break and it’s The Nature Boy making his way out to the ring in business attire. The fans are doing a ‘Flair’ chant as he gets in the ring and gets on the microphone.

Flair: Over thirty years… I’ve been in this business more than thirty years, and I’ve never left an arena that wasn’t full of people thinking “Ric Flair is a legend. He’s one of the greatest wrestlers of all time”. I can honestly say that I never left an arena without being able to hold my head high. But, after Homecoming, I can’t say that anymore. At Homecoming I was treated like I was less than human. I was treated with disrespect by a man I used to respect. That’s right, Hunter, I used to respect you. I thought you had what it takes to be looked at in twenty years time as one of the all-time greats, but you got greedy. You got jealous and then you got petty. But you did something worse than that, Hunter. You got stupid. You attacked the dirtiest player in the game, and then what? Did you think I’d just lie down and take it? Hang up my boots and call it a day? I’m the Nature Boy, God dammit! I don’t back down and I never fail to put on a good show. You want to tangle with the Nature Boy? All you have to do is ask, Hunter. But I’m going to save you the trouble. I’m going to save you a whole lot of time. I’m calling you out! Not tonight though – oh, no. I’m giving you plenty of time to get ready, because I don’t want you making any excuses when I beat your ass. I’m the Nature Boy Ric Flair, Hunter, and I’m going to give you the fight of your life. I want you at Survivor Series!

“It’s all about the game, and how you play it…”

‘The Game’ Triple H comes out to huge heat.

HHH: The dirtiest player in the game, huh? You think you’re a speck on the radar to me? I’m not jealous of you, Ric, it’s not that. I’m made physically ill by the sight of what you’ve become. You are one of the greatest wrestlers that ever lived – but when you started pandering to the fans, you lost your edge. When it comes down to it, you’re nothing more than a glorified entertainer.

Flair: You’re damn right I’m an entertaining, you son of a bitch. I’m the best damn entertainer there ever was – and I’m going to make beating your ass as entertaining as humanly possible for these people.

HHH: Then you’ve already lost, Ric. But have it your way. You want me at Survivor Series? You got me.

90%

COMMERCIAL

We’re back after Flair’s emotional promo, and the crowd pop as we see Hulk Hogan on his way to the ring. He’s up against Kerwin White, next!

97%

MATCH FIVE: Hulk Hogan vs. Kerwin White

A fairly routine Hogan match, really, with White playing the simpering, cowardly heel to perfection. Hogan gets all of his trademarks off, even hulking up after copping a top rope dropkick from White. He eventually picks up the win after hitting a scoop slam and the leg drop.

O: 80 C: 89 M: 69

COMMERCIAL

And now for the main event. First out is Edge, who carries his money in the bank briefcase and has Lita at his side. Kurt Angle is out next, the #1 contender looking cocky as he enters the ring. Next out is the Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels – and the response to him is near deafening. He enters the ring and the two heels back down as John Cena makes his way out. If HBK’s welcome was deafening – this one is downright damaging.

MATCH SIX: John Cena & Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle & Edge

We’re underway with Shawn Michaels in against Edge. He starts off in control, and it’s a memorable exchange between two men who are no strangers to one another’s work. HBK gets in control early with some chops and back body drops, but it comes undone when, in attempting to come off the ropes, he runs into a raised knee from Angle. He reacts by slapping his long time rival, only to have Edge Spear him as he turns around. Rather than make a cover, Edge tags out to Angle, who immediately wraps his arms around Michaels’ throat in a choke. With Cena trying to get in the ring, the referee is unaware as Angle chokes Michaels out and then stomps on him. He immediately tags back out to Edge, who follows Angle’s example by wearing Michaels down with holds before hitting a vertical suplex for a near fall. The fans pop as Michaels’ gets a shoulder up. Edge isn’t done, and whips Michaels into the corner and charges after him, HBK gets an elbow up, goes to the second rope and hits a dropkick on Edge as he stumbles to his feet. The fans are riding Michaels to get across for the tag, but Edge trips him up just short. Taunting Cena, he mocks his ‘You Can’t See Me’ before picking Michaels up for a sidewalk slam.

The tag is made to Angle, and the Olympic champion latches onto Michaels’ ankle like a pit bull, locking in the ankle lock. Michaels’ face tells the whole story as his eyes widen in fear and recognition. To worsen matters, Angle is able to drag him back towards his corner of the ring. The hold is in place for what seems like an eternity, Michaels’ hand hovering just above the mat and quivering with pain – but the show stopper doesn’t want to tap. Twice he rolls through the hold, and twice Angle retains his grip. The fans are chanting for Cena, who is reaching out desperately. HBK begins to crawl towards his corner, but he’s got Angle anchoring him to the middle of the ring. Can he make it? Inch by painful inch he moves closer and…and… makes it! Cena is in! Angle is quick to release the hold and rush at Cena – but is immediately levelled. A series of such punches ensues before Edge rushes in. He immediately departs when Cena back body drops him over the top rope and to the floor below. Michaels, limping, manages to hit Sweet Chin Music on Edge before collapsing to the ground himself. Back in the ring Cena is in firm control, with Angle up on his shoulders and ready for the F-U. No! Wait! Lita is in the ring, and she’s yelling at the referee. Cena sees this and dumps Angle unceremoniously before going across and grabbing her by the hair. The crowd go nuts as he points to her and points to the outside. He picks her up on his shoulder, spanks her behind, and tosses her over the top rope to where Edge has recently recovered. As he dusts of his hands, however, Angle sneaks up behind him… ANGLE SLAM! Cover. 1-2-3! Angle steals a victory!

O: 87 C: 91 M: 81

As the show goes off air, a dismayed Cena exchanges verbal blows with Angle. As they look set to come to blows, however, Eric Bischoff strolls out.

Bischoff: Wait a second, wait a second – as much as I know how much you two want to throw down, I just can’t allow it. Not tonight, anyway. In fact, if either of you lays a hand on one another before Survivor Series outside of a match, there will be consequences. Understand?

Cena and Angle back away from each other slightly, although both men still look ready to fight.

Bischoff: Now, the other thing on my mind is Taboo Tuesday. As you all know, it’s next week, and I thought I’d take this opportunity to announce some of the matches you’ll be able to vote on. Firstly, Shelton Benjamin will defend his Intercontinental Title against an opponent of your choosing! Likewise, John Cena will defend his World Heavyweight Crown against an opponent of the public’s choosing in a match of the public’s choosing – giving you complete control over the main event. Also, we’ll have Trish Stratus vs. Victoria vs. Mickie James vs. Torrie Wilson in a four way match for the Women’s Title – with the stipulation chosen by the fans!

Bischoff drops the mike, sends a warning glance at Cena and Angle, and then leaves.

OOC: Fucking Raw. I plan a Hurricane turn and what happens? They do it on fucking Raw!

IPB Image

Voting Lines Open After Next Week's Raw!

John Cena © vs.

- Shawn Michaels

- Kurt Angle

- Edge

- Hulk Hogan

- Carlito

- Shelton Benjamin

- Kane

- The Big Show

Stipulations

- Cage

- No DQ

- Special Guest Referee

- Lumberjack

- Last Man Standing

Shelton Benjamin © vs.

- Kerwin White

- Chris Masters

- Rene Dupree

- 'Sugar' Shane Helms

- Gene Snitsky

- Lance Cade

- Trevor Murdoch

- Rosey

- Val Venis

Trish Stratus © vs. Victoria vs. Ashley Massaro vs. Torrie Wilson

- Bra & Panties

- Lingerie Pillow Fight

- Mud Wrestling

- Evening Gown Match

Plus more to be announced on Raw this week!

IPB Image

Preview

Chris Benoit vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Ken Kennedy vs. Randy Orton for #1 Contendership - Winner goes on to Survivor Series!

LOD 2005 lay down a challenge to T.N.T. following last week's attack on Heat

Christian & MNM vs. Matt Hardy, Super Crazy, and Psicosis

Teddy Long and Palmer Cannon announce the first members of their Survivor Series teams!

Booker T vs. JBL

Juventud defends his title against a mystery opponent!

A Warning to Post-Whores...

I don't care. As long as it's diary related in the slightest, go ahead. I know there's a huge anti-post whoring blitz - but I won't go running to the modship if it happens here. Any response is feedback. Hell, any noise is an indication you're reading. :-p

Smackdown results to be posted tonight.

Also, since I can't host two PPVs this month, would replacing Heat with Taboo Tuesday be acceptable for ya'll?

Cool turn of Helms and overall a really solid show.

John Cena © vs.

- Shawn Michaels

- Kurt Angle

- Edge

- Hulk Hogan

- Carlito

- Shelton Benjamin

- Kane

- The Big Show

Stipulations

- Cage

- No DQ

- Special Guest Referee

- Lumberjack

- Last Man Standing

Shelton Benjamin © vs.

- Kerwin White

- Chris Masters

- Rene Dupree

- 'Sugar' Shane Helms

- Gene Snitsky

- Lance Cade

- Trevor Murdoch

- Rosey

- Val Venis

- Bra & Panties (at least their has to be some wrestling in the match)

- Lingerie Pillow Fight

- Mud Wrestling

- Evening Gown Match

EDIT: Taboo Tuesday instead of HeAt is good for me.

Edited by RebornInFlames

OOC: Aargh, I have a dilemma. Since I'm replacing this week's Heat with Taboo Tuesday, I'll need to book the PPV before I book the Raw that precludes it. As such, here is a complete Taboo Tuesday card. Voting starts now, mb.

IPB Image

Voting Lines Open!

John Cena © vs.

- Shawn Michaels

- Kurt Angle

- Edge

- Hulk Hogan

- Carlito

- Shelton Benjamin

- Kane

- The Big Show

(2, 3, 4, and 5 will be in a tag match)

in a

Stipulations

- Cage

- No DQ

- Special Guest Referee

- Lumberjack

- Last Man Standing

Shelton Benjamin © vs.

- Kerwin White

- Chris Masters

- Rene Dupree

- 'Sugar' Shane Helms

- Gene Snitsky

- Lance Cade

- Trevor Murdoch

- Rosey

- Val Venis

(Runner up gets an IC shot on Raw)

- Bra & Panties

- Lingerie Pillow Fight

- Mud Wrestling

- Evening Gown Match

- Straight Elimination Added option!

Ron Conway's Legend Challenge Features...

- Barry Windham

- Dusty Rhodes

- 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan

- Roddy Piper

Plus Triple H will reveal the stipulation for the Survivor Series match against Ric Flair!

John Cena © vs.

- Shawn Michaels

- Kurt Angle

- Edge

- Hulk Hogan

- Carlito

- Shelton Benjamin

- Kane

- The Big Show

in a

Stipulations

- Cage

- No DQ

- Special Guest Referee

- Lumberjack

- Last Man Standing

Shelton Benjamin © vs.

- Kerwin White

- Chris Masters

- Rene Dupree

- 'Sugar' Shane Helms

- Gene Snitsky

- Lance Cade

- Trevor Murdoch

- Rosey

- Val Venis

- Bra & Panties

- Lingerie Pillow Fight

- Mud Wrestling

- Evening Gown Match

- Straight Elimination

- Barry Windham

- Dusty Rhodes

- 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan

- Roddy Piper

John Cena © vs.

- Shawn Michaels

- Kurt Angle

- Edge

- Hulk Hogan

- Carlito

- Shelton Benjamin

- Kane

- The Big Show

Stipulations

- Cage

- No DQ

- Special Guest Referee

- Lumberjack

- Last Man Standing

Shelton Benjamin © vs.

- Kerwin White

- Chris Masters

- Rene Dupree

- 'Sugar' Shane Helms

- Gene Snitsky

- Lance Cade

- Trevor Murdoch

- Rosey

- Val Venis

- Bra & Panties

- Lingerie Pillow Fight

- Mud Wrestling

- Evening Gown Match

What, no "regular women's match"? :angry:

John Cena © vs.

- Shawn Michaels

- Kurt Angle

- Edge

- Hulk Hogan

- Carlito

- Shelton Benjamin

- Kane

- The Big Show

(2, 3, 4, and 5 will be in a tag match)

in a

Stipulations

- Cage

- No DQ

- Special Guest Referee

- Lumberjack

- Last Man Standing

Shelton Benjamin © vs.

- Kerwin White

- Chris Masters

- Rene Dupree

- 'Sugar' Shane Helms

- Gene Snitsky

- Lance Cade

- Trevor Murdoch

- Rosey

- Val Venis

(Runner up gets an IC shot on Raw)

- Bra & Panties

- Lingerie Pillow Fight

- Mud Wrestling

- Evening Gown Match

- Straight Elimination Added option!

- Barry Windham

- Dusty Rhodes

- 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan

- Roddy Piper

Plus Triple H will reveal the stipulation for the Survivor Series match against Ric Flair!

There are my votes. Being a mark for Shane Helms, I definitely have to hope that he's used good here. So far the shows have been very good. Out of them all, I think I like the write in reports the best.

Out of them all, I think I like the write in reports the best.

Write in reports? How do you mean?

What I meant was the "Write in" reports such as so and so has gone to the show and he's written in his report to a certain website or what not. I believe it was the first style you used but I can't go back and check since I'm in the middle of writing this.

Oh yeah, I probably agree with you. They lack a little detail in comparison to the hardcore ones I tried to write for IWF, but they let me add little insider jokes and generally have a little more fun with them.