WWE 2005 - A Turn for the Worse?

OOC: Aargh, I have a dilemma. Since I'm replacing this week's Heat with Taboo Tuesday, I'll need to book the PPV before I book the Raw that precludes it. As such, here is a complete Taboo Tuesday card. Voting starts now, mb.

IPB Image

Voting Lines Open!

John Cena © vs.

- Shawn Michaels

- Kurt Angle

- Edge

- Hulk Hogan

- Carlito

- Shelton Benjamin

- Kane

- The Big Show

(2, 3, 4, and 5 will be in a tag match)

in a

Stipulations

- Cage

- No DQ

- Special Guest Referee

- Lumberjack

- Last Man Standing

Shelton Benjamin © vs.

- Kerwin White

- Chris Masters

- Rene Dupree

- 'Sugar' Shane Helms

- Gene Snitsky

- Lance Cade

- Trevor Murdoch

- Rosey

- Val Venis

(Runner up gets an IC shot on Raw)

Trish Stratus © vs. Victoria vs. Ashley Massaro vs. Torrie Wilson

- Bra & Panties

- Lingerie Pillow Fight

- Mud Wrestling

- Evening Gown Match

- Straight Elimination Added option!

Ron Conway's Legend Challenge Features...

- Barry Windham

- Dusty Rhodes

- 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan

- Roddy Piper

Plus Triple H will reveal the stipulation for the Survivor Series match against Ric Flair!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ryan Rage

OOC: Aargh, I have a dilemma. Since I'm replacing this week's Heat with Taboo Tuesday, I'll need to book the PPV before I book the Raw that precludes it. As such, here is a complete Taboo Tuesday card. Voting starts now, mb.

IPB Image

Voting Lines Open!

John Cena © vs.

- Shawn Michaels

- Kurt Angle

- Edge

- Hulk Hogan

- Carlito

- Shelton Benjamin

- Kane

- The Big Show

in a

Stipulations

- Cage

- No DQ

- Special Guest Referee

- Lumberjack

- Last Man Standing

Shelton Benjamin © vs.

- Kerwin White

- Chris Masters

- Rene Dupree

- 'Sugar' Shane Helms

- Gene Snitsky

- Lance Cade

- Trevor Murdoch

- Rosey

- Val Venis

- Bra & Panties

- Lingerie Pillow Fight

- Mud Wrestling- Evening Gown Match

- Barry Windham

- Dusty Rhodes- 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan

- Roddy Piper

Plus Triple H will reveal the stipulation for the Survivor Series match against Ric Flair!

Not sure if anyone else has posted this yet. If they have, can one of the mods move this to the correct thread? Cheers

IPB Image

The show kicks off with Tazz and Shane McMahon welcoming everyone to the arena and running us through the card. As they’re talking, however, they’re interrupted by the music of LOD 2005 as Road Warrior Animal and Heidenreich make their way out to the ring. Looks like they’re going to lay down that challenge now.

Animal: Last week on Heat some punks interfered in our match. Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch, punks from Raw, think they’ve got LOD 2005’s number? No chance! T.N.T – we’re challenging you to a match at Survivor Series – title vs. title!

Some music hits, but it’s not T.N.T’s, as Regal & Birchall appear at the top of the ramp.

Regal: Well isn’t that just bloody typical. We’re the ones who are disadvantaged by this rudding interference, yet it’s the Americans who are crying about it. Isn’t it typical, Paul?

Birchall: Too bloody right. We had the so called champions on the ropes at Heat, and those Raw poofs interfering cost us what is rightfully ours. If anybody should be laying down challenges, it should be us.

Without further hesitation the British pairing storm the ring and a brawl ensues. Regal sends Heidenreich over the top rope with a cactus clothesline, whilst Birchall somehow gets the jump on Animal and locks in the Fujiwara armbar. Once the beating is done, Birchall & Regal make a quick exit – their point made.

63%

We cut to the backstage area, where Teddy Long is shaking his head at the lack of unity being shown by his locker-room. Palmer Cannon enters with a smug grin on his face.

Cannon: Teddy, are you still sure you want to do this?

Long: Playa, nothing would make me happier than sticking it to the network.

Cannon: Alright, Teddy, if that’s how you want it. I’ve got the first two members of my team for Survivor Series here. Let me introduce you to Sylvain Grenier and …

Kennedy:

MIIIIIIIIIIISTER KENNEDY!

KENNEDY!

Sylvain and Kennedy high five, with Grenier flinching a little from the force of the impact. Cannon smiles at Long, who seems a little daunted.

Long: Well, playa, you’ve caught me unprepared. I’ve only managed to muster up one member of Team Long so far, but I’m more than happy to introduce you to him now. He epitomises Smackdown, Hardcore Holly! (Pop)

Hardcore Holly comes into the room and stands face to face with Grenier. The two stare one another off for a moment before Holly utters a ‘boo’ and Grenier emits a girlish squeal.

Holly: This is going to be too easy…

68%

COMMERCIAL

Back from the break and Juventud is already out in the ring for his Cruiserweight title defence. There’s a pregnant pause as we wait to see who his mystery opponent will be. ‘Swamp Thing’ hits and it’s Jamie Noble coming out! Of course, he made his WWE return on Heat, but this is certainly a big ask for Juventud – facing one of the division’s most successful past champions.

MATCH ONE: Juventud © vs. Jamie Noble for the WWE Cruiserweight Title

Right off the bat the fans could tell this was going to be something memorable. Jamie Noble wastes no time in laying into Juvi with some kicks and punches before locking in a painful looking hammerlock. Juvi fights out of it, comes off the ropes, and near decapitates Noble with a spinning heel kick. What follows is a near faultless demonstration of how entertaining the cruiserweight style can be. Whilst Noble is more of a mat based cruiserweight, his style provides a brilliant contrast to Juvi’s more spot based offence. One particularly memorable moment involves Juvi going up top for the moonsault only to have Noble catch his ankle on the way down and lock him in an ankle lock! Juvi manages to roll through, bouncing Noble’s head off the turnbuckle, and picks him up in a rollup on the way back. It’s all fast paced and exciting, and the fans really get into it.

The end to this fast paced match comes with Juventud able to duck a brutal looking attempted clothesline from Noble and hitting a reverse neckbreaker. As Noble gets to his feet, Juvi gets the crowd popping with the Juvi Driver for the 1-2-3.

O: 88 C: 77 M: 100

As Juvi celebrates sans his Mexicool buddies, Tajiri from Raw leaps the security barrier and enters the ring. As Juvi turns around he cops a faceful of green mist! Noble, now to his feet, is rewarded for his efforts with a painful roundhouse to the side of the head! Tajiri has just levelled both competitors and the fans aren’t sure what to make of it. No security comes out, and the announcers begin to claim that Tajiri is a steal from Raw! The cruiserweight division just hotted up!

COMMERCIAL

Back from the break and there’s a modest reaction for CM Punk. He’s backstage with Todd Romero.

Todd: CM Punk, you made a big impact in your debut match on Heat, but tonight you’ve been put up against Heidenreich in your first Smackdown match. How do you feel?

Punk: You know, you signify everything that sickens me about the contemporary media. ‘How do you feel?’, ‘Who are you dating?’, ‘what is your diet?’ – feeding the voyeuristic desires of a public too lazy and unattractive to forge a life for themselves so they live vicariously through the lives of others. It disgusts me. You’re nothing more than a leech, Todd Romero, feeding off the public’s feelings of inadequacy and self loathing by giving them their daily fix of celebrity gossip. I bet Joe Average in Minneapolis would love to know how CM Punk feels going into his match – but I’m not going to indulge him. (To camera) Get off your ass, get a job, and make your life worthwhile. As for Heidenreich, you’re another example of pandering to the needs of the ignorant masses. You used to be a bad-ass. You used to do whatever you wanted to. Then you’re pathetic need to be loved superseded your need to achieve and look where it’s got you – you’re tagging with a senior citizen and earning cheap pops by wearing face-paint like a common clown. Well excuse me if I don’t degrade myself to your level just to please idiot America. You disgust me.

79%

We cut to the ring, where Heidenreich stamps his way out to the ring in his LOD gear to a good reception from the crowd. Punk’s own entrance is considerably more low key, the straight edge superstar merely walking out to his music and wasting no time with the fans.

MATCH TWO: CM Punk vs. Heidenreich

Thinks start off with CM Punk giving Heidenreich a disdainful look over before laying into him with hard rights. Heidenreich is momentarily stunned by this, allowing Punk to push him back into the ropes and hit him with a big chop on the rebound. The LOD member isn’t stunned long, however, and retaliates with a head butt than has Punk reeling. He follows up with an elbow to the back of the head before hitting a swinging neckbreaker and covering for two.

Heidenreich remains on the offensive for a while before Punk manages to get back into it by focussing intently on damaging his opponent’s left knee with diving tackles, kicks, and a particularly painful looking Devil Lock (modified ankle lock). In fact, this very nearly ends the match, but Heidenreich is able to wrap a hand around the rope to cause the break. However, with one leg virtually useless, Heidenreich isn’t able to put on much offence and, as such, Punk begins to look stronger and stronger before picking up a dominant looking clean win with Welcome to Chicago (it seems the WWE have dropped the ‘mother-fucker’ part).

O: 74 C: 75 M: 73

COMMERCIAL

Returning from the break we’re treated to the entrance of MNM, complete with the delightful Melina. There’s no sign of Jillian Hall, however. Out next is Captain Charisma, who gets a face pop from the fans despite his heel status. The Mexicools (well, Juvi and Psicosis) are out next and the commentators inform us that Juvi had to be taken to hospital to remove the green mist from his eyes. Out last is Matt Hardy, who gets a very solid pop from the crowd.

MATCH THREE: Matt Hardy & The Mexicools vs. Christian & MNM

This is an enjoyable fast paced match highlighted by the number of quick tags and the flow of workers in and out. In both sides it’s the tag teams handling the bulk of work, with the Mexicools in particular looking strong as they hit spot after spot. MNM’s offence was mostly cheap, double teaming and relying on Melina at ringside to distract Psicosis at one point (allowing Christian to hit a brutal looking neckbreaker). The inevitable hot tag is made to Matt Hardy from Super Crazy, who had been struggling with Christian for a few minutes. Hardy sends Christian out of the ring with a big clothesline and then turns in time to drop Mercury throat first onto the top rope with a flapjack. Nitro, however, proves a bridge too far – stunning Hardy with a clubbing blow before hitting a vertical suplex. This brings Psicosis into the fray – the Luchadore hitting a great missile dropkick to drop Nitro. Super Crazy then treats him to a split legged moonsault as the face team looks set to record a big victory. Christian’s back into the ring with a chair and, seeing this, Melina is quick to draw the referee’s attention with her considerable charms. Christian blasts Super Crazy first, and then gives Psicosis a similar welcome. Hardy kicks Christian in the gut, the chair drops, and Hardy hits the Twist of Fate! No! Christian shoves him from behind and, on the rebound, hits a drop toe hold onto the chair. Mercury is quick to remove the chair as the referee spins around. Christian rolls up the stunned Hardy. 1-2-3!

O: 73 C: 69 M: 78

Backstage once more and we find Booker T preparing for his match against JBL as Sharmell enters his dressing room.

Sharmell: Booker…

Booker T: Sharmell, I told you, I’m done with you. Stay out of my way

Sharmell: Booker, please baby, don’t make me do this…

Booker T: Don’t make you do what, exactly?

Sharmell: Booker, if you won’t let me help you, maybe I need to remind you how useful I can be.

Booker T: What are you talking about, woman?

Sharmell: You’ll see…

She walks to the door where JBL is waiting with a cocky grin on his face.

JBL: See you out there, big guy.

75%

MATCH FOUR: Booker T vs. JBL

Booker T doesn’t waste any time in this one, taking out his frustrations with Sharmell on JBL with a serious of blows early on. He follows them up with a hard shoulder block and a cover, but JBL gets a shoulder up at two. Booker To stays in control for almost the entirety of this match, the commentators highlighting how intense and switched on he looks – as if he’s trying to prove that he doesn’t need Sharmell to achieve. That definitely looks to be the case when Booker is able to hit the Scissor Kick and cover, but Sharmell spoils the party when she grabs her own husband by the ankle and drags him out of the ring! The referee sees the interference and calls for the DQ, but Booker T doesn’t seem to care. He’s too busy arguing with Sharmell. JBL staggers to his feet and goes to the outside. Collecting a chair, he winds up and blasts Booker across the back of the head. Booker T drops, and Sharmell steps gingerly over his fallen form with a look of regret before going to JBL’s arm.

O: 82 C: 85 M: 77

COMMERCIAL

Coming back from the break and there’s a huge response as Batista appears on screen alongside Josh Matthews.

Josh: Batista, up next is a four way elimination bout to decide who will face you at Survivor Series. Who is your pick?

Batista: Who is my pick? Who do I think will win? That’s a tough question. Benoit and Randy have both been there before – they’ve both had tough questions asked of them and they’ve come out on top. I can’t discredit Rey either, he’s beaten a lot of great workers in his day. And then there’s Ken Kennedy… well… he’s certainly interesting, heh.

Ken Kennedy comes into frame with a look of shock on his face.

Kennedy: Excuse me? I’m ‘interesting’? That’s all I get? Either you’ve got a freaking small vocabulary or you just haven’t watched Smackdown for the last two months. I’m undefeated! Watch very closely tonight, Batista, because your number one contender going into Survivor Series is…

MIIIIIIIIIISTER KENNEDY!

Ken Kennedy leaves

Ken Kennedy returns

KENNEDY!

72%

COMMERCIAL

Returning from the break, the first out to the ring is the rabid wolverine, Chris Benoit – who gets a huge response from the crowd. Out next is Ken Kennedy, who gets some heat, especially when he’s not able to do his introduction. Third out is Rey Mysterio, by far the most over competitor in the match, and Randy Orton is the final piece of the puzzle.

MATCH FIVE: Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Benoit vs. Ken Kennedy for #1 Contendership

This is a bout under elimination rules, meaning two people start in the ring and can tag out if need be. Fittingly, the two men in the ring are Benoit and Mysterio, and they really turn it on from the opening minute – the two stellar workers doing some great chain wrestling to get the crowd into the match. Benoit manages to ground Mysterio quite effectively, and looks set to make an early elimination when he locks his arms around Mysterio’s waist and hits two German Suplexes. As he goes for the third, however, Rey is able to flip out of it and land on his feet – responding with a hard drop-kick to Benoit’s jaw. He scrambles to the corner for a tag, and Ken Kennedy steps into the fray with some hard rights and chops on Benoit. He manages to back Benoit into a corner where he attempts a whip to the opposite corner, but Benoit reverses it – sending Kennedy hard and face first into the turnbuckle. On the rebound he hits a hard release German Suplex and covers for two. He locks in the Crossface, but Kennedy is too close to the ropes, and is able to get the break. Benoit tags Randy Orton into the match rather unorthodoxly – punching the cocky third generation superstar in the jaw. Once he’s recovered, Orton enters the match, but cops a thumb to the eye from Kennedy – who is quick to tag in Rey. Rey keeps the pace of the match up by hitting a springboard dropkick. Cover, but Orton’s fresh and is able to kick out. Rey enjoys a period of dominance here, and gets Orton set up for the 619 when he hits a dropkick from behind. Here it comes…. Wait! Bob Orton grabs Rey’s legs as they swing around to catch Randy’s jaw, and the Cowboy pulls Mysterio out of the ring! While Bob Orton stamps away on Mysterio, Randy makes sure the referee stays distracted by feigning a head injury. Outside Bob Orton whips Rey hard into the stairs before rolling him back into the ring. As he staggers to his feet, Orton leaps up from his seated position and hits the RKO. 1-2-3! REY IS ELIMINATED!

Ken Kennedy wastes no time in entering the ring – coming off the top rope with a double axe handle to the unprepared Randy Orton. He then hits a hard knee to the jaw to ground Orton completely, before locking in an armbar. Orton is in a world of hurt, but his father helps matters by pulling one of his feet up and onto the rope. Kennedy beats on Orton some more before getting him up on his shoulders and attempting to climb to the middle rope for the Lambeau Leap. Once up there, however, Kennedy finds things have gone awry - Benoit tagging Orton as he is perched atop Kennedy's shoulders. Kennedy flies off the top unaware of this, hitting the Leap. Kennedy covers but the referee saw the tag. Benoit, already on the top rope, flies to deliver the suicide headbutt to Kennedy - who is still confused as to what's going on. Benoit covers. 1-2-NO! Kennedy gets a shoulder up. A dazed Orton rolls to the outside where his father checks on him.

In the ring things look bad for Kennedy, who has just been hit with a devestating move and has a fresh Benoit wailing on him. Benoit attempts to hit the triple German suplexes at one point, but Kennedy smartly grabs onto the top rope to prevent it. He then goes to the outside, collects a chair, and re-enters the ring. The referee is once again distracted by Orton's problems, so Kennedy winds up and blasts Benoit! Wait! The referee saw it and is calling for Kennedy's elimination! Kennedy protests ("Come on!") but it's too late. As Kennedy leaves, Orton is quick to roll into the ring. RKO! He nails a still dazed Benoit! Cover 1-2-3! Randy Orton just stole his way into the main event at Survivor Series!

O: 81 C: 79 M: 83

The show goes off air with Randy and Bob Orton celebrating in the ring. Batista appears at the top of the ramp and nods approvingly

Voting Update

Still time left, but at the moment the voting looks like this (bearing in mind votes are being collated from three different locations):

John Cena © vs. Edge (5) in a Last Man Standing Match (5) for the WWE Title

Kurt Angle (2) & Carlito (1) vs. Shawn Michaels (2) and Kane (3)

Shelton Benjamin © vs. 'Sugar' Shane Helms (8) for the Intercontinental Title

Trish Stratus © vs. Victoria vs. Ashley Massaro vs. Torrie Wilson in a Mud Wrestling Bout (5) for the Women's Title

Rob Conway vs. Barry Windham/Dusty Rhodes/Jim Duggan (all 3).

Voting will close at 2pm AEST tomorrow!

John Cena © vs.

- Kane

in a

Stipulations

- Cage

Shelton Benjamin © vs.

- Val Venis

- Bra & Panties

- Roddy Piper

IPB Image

Voting Lines Open After Next Week's Raw!

John Cena © vs.

- Kane

Stipulations

- Cage

Shelton Benjamin © vs.

- Kerwin White

- Evening Gown Match

- Roddy Piper

Edited by Katsuya

John Cena © vs.

- Kurt Angle

in a

Stipulations

- Special Guest Referee

Shelton Benjamin © vs.

- 'Sugar' Shane Helms

- Bra & Panties

- Dusty Rhodes

IPB Image

Voting Lines Open!

John Cena © vs.

- Shawn Michaels

- Kurt Angle

- Edge

- Hulk Hogan

- Carlito

- Shelton Benjamin

- Kane

- The Big Show

in a

Stipulations

- Cage

- No DQ

- Special Guest Referee

- Lumberjack

- Last Man Standing

Shelton Benjamin © vs.

- Kerwin White

- Chris Masters

- Rene Dupree

- 'Sugar' Shane Helms

- Gene Snitsky

- Lance Cade

- Trevor Murdoch

- Rosey

- Val Venis

- Bra & Panties

- Lingerie Pillow Fight

- Mud Wrestling

- Evening Gown Match

- Barry Windham

- Dusty Rhodes

- 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan

- Roddy Piper

Edited by Leeder

First up, thanks to everyone for voting, it should be an interesting show. Speaking of which, here's the card.

IPB Image

John Cena © vs. Edge in a Cage Match for the WWE World Title

Shelton Benjamin © vs. 'Sugar' Shane Helms for the Intercontinental Title

Kane and Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan

Trish Stratus © vs. Ashley Massaro vs. Victoria vs. Torrie Wilson in a Mud Wrestling Bout for the WWE Women's Title

Rob Conway faces off with Roddy Piper in his Legend's Challenge

Ric Flair vs. Triple H in a No DQ match!

IPB Image

Preview

It's the last Raw before Taboo Tuesday, and things are bound to hot up in the leadup to the world's most interactive pay-per-view. The card has been released, and how will the future competitors act on the eve of battle? Plus Stephanie McMahon reveals what 'jobs' she wants Stone Cold Steve Austin to do and we hear Eric Bischoff's reaction to Tajiri's jump to Smackdown!

John Cena & Shawn Michaels vs. Edge & Kurt Angle

Four men who will meet up tomorrow clash here. Can Edge score a crucial moral victory going into his shot at the gold?

Triple H vs. Shelton Benjamin

Shelton stuck his nose into Triple H's business two weeks ago, and on the eve of his war with Ric Flair, Triple H is getting some revenge

Rosey vs. Kane

The Big Red Machine has still gone unpunished for the beating he gave Eugene. Can a super-hero achieve what the Big Show couldn't?

Rob Conway's Legends Challenge features 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan

Plus we'll hear Stephanie's conditions for Jim Ross' rehiring, Bischoff hits back after Smackdown stole Tajiri, and all of the pre Taboo Tuesday tensions between the divas, the future tag partners, and more!

IPB Image

Styles: It’s the night before Taboo Tuesday and you know what that means!

King: All hell’s going to break loose tonight. And Joey, I can’t wait until tomorrow!

Styles: I know, I’m excited too. John Cena vs. Edge, Ric Flair vs. Triple H, and that huge Intercontinental Title Match!

King: No! I’m talking about mud wrestling, Joey! Mud wrestling! We’re going to see puppies!

We cut to the backstage area and there’s a big pop as Women’s Champion Trish Stratus appears on the screen. She’s sitting with 2005 Diva Search Winner Ashley Massaro.

Ashley: Trish, I just want you to know that I’ve got your back tomorrow night. I just wish I could be out there and having a shot.

Trish: Thanks, Ashley, that means a lot to me. I know you’ve got it in you to become a great wrestler. You’ve really come along way already.

The two hug (and King loves that), but the tender moment is interrupted when Torrie Wilson and Victoria enter the room.

Torrie: Aw… isn’t that sweet? The future ex-champion and her little girlfriend are hugging. Isn’t that sweet Victoria?

Victoria: It’s pathetic, that’s what it is

Torrie: I hope you don’t have your sights set on that belt, Ashley, because we all know that I’m walking out of Taboo Tuesday with it around my waist. And once it’ there, it’s never coming off.

Victoria: Excuse me?

Torrie: Or Victoria here. All I know is that neither of you is going to win it.

Trish stands up, puffing her chest out, and gets in Torrie’s face.

Trish: Are you prepared to get dirty, Torrie? Because I am – and I’m going to make sure you come out of the match looking like the pig you are.

Trish and Ashley leave whilst Torrie’s mouth works uselessly as she seeks to come up with a rebuttal.

72%

Out in the ring it’s Ron Conway, the self proclaimed ‘Legend Killer’ is replays Shawn Michaels’ Sweet Chin Music on last week’s Raw.

Conway: Last week I was blind-sided by a coward pretending to be a legend. Shawn Michaels couldn’t cope with the idea of being beaten by a real legend, and so he took the coward’s way out and attacked me whilst I was unprepared. But enough about that has-been. It’s time to talk about a different has-been, and that’s the man who will step into the ring with me tonight. Roll the footage!

A highlights package of Jim Duggan’s long and illustrious career is played, featuring such moments as his WCW US Title win against Steve Austin, him winning the 1988 Royal Rumble, and plenty of shots of him using his trademark 2x4 and waving the American flag.

Conway: That’s who I’m facing tonight? This is going to be easy. Ok guys, wheel him out!

Jim Duggan’s patriotic themed music hits and the legendary figure steps out to a solid ovation. He’s waving Old Glory in one hand and gripping a 2x4 in the other. The fans immediately start to chant ‘U-S-A’ as he marches down to the ring. He ascends a turnbuckle and waves the flag, and Conway doesn’t wait any longer, attacking him from behind and causing him to drop both the 2x4 and flag.

66%

MATCH ONE: Rob Conway vs. ‘Hacksaw’ Jim Duggan

Having gained the upper hand with his pre-match blindside, Conway dominates early on in a very basic brawling match. He backs Duggan into a corner and cockily chops and slaps his chest before the crowd really rally behind Duggan and he fights his way out of the corner with punch after punch. He comes off the ropes and hits a clothesline, and Conway is down! Duggan yells ‘Ho’ to the rafters, and the crowd respond in turn. He comes off the ropes again and hits Ol’ Glory to the still prone Conway! The crowd are chanting as Duggan stands up and signals for the Three Point Stance and Tackle. Conway’s up, Duggan charges…. Conway moves and Duggan crashes to the mat outside. The crowd boos as Conway celebrates as if he’s beaten Duggan, but Hacksaw gets them cheering again as he enters the ring with his trademark 2x4 in hand. He rushes at Conway, who has the presence of mind to hit a drop toe hold. The 2x4 skids across the mat as Conway wrenches Duggan’s next in a painful looking rear naked choke. Duggan looks close to tapping, but the crowd’s chanting gets him to his feet where he’s able to drop Conway with a head-butt. He once again signals for the Three Point Stance and Tackle, but Conway tugs the ref into his path and he’s down! With no one to officiate, Conway grabs the 2x4 and blasts Duggan with it! EGO TRIP! The referee’s to his feet as Conway covers. 1-2-3!

O: 68 C: 76 M: 56

Conway celebrates his ill-gotten victory as we go to commercial.

COMMERCIAL

Returning from the break we find Eric Bischoff in his office. With him is Rosey, one half of the former tag team champions.

Bischoff: Alright Rosey, I’m relying on you here. Kane needs to be punished for what he did to Eugene, and if Big Show can’t do it, I’m hoping that you can. If you do this, I’ll make sure you’re rewarded.

Rosey nods and departs. The crowd pop as Teddy Long, Smackdown’s General Manager, strolls in as if he owns the place.

Bischoff: What the hell are you doing, showing your face around here!?

Teddy: It’s good to see you too, playa! I understand you had a problem with Smackdown hiring Tajiri.

Bischoff: You’re damn straight I’ve got a problem, Teddy, you stole one of my workers. Do you think you can get away with that?

Teddy: I think I already did, playa. Now the question is, what are you going to do about it?

Bischoff: Oh, I’ve got something in mind, Teddy – don’t you worry. You’d better have security at Smackdown this Friday, because I’m going to let you know that Raw means business. Nobody scores points off of Eric Bischoff and gets away unpunished.

Bischoff and Teddy Long stare one another off as the picture fades.

82%

The crowd pops as Kane’s music hits and the big red machine comes out for his clash with Rosey, and this is sure to be a clash of the titans.

MATCH TWO: Kane vs. Rosey

This is your basic old school big guy brawl, and the fans lap it up. Whilst most are chanting for Kane, Rosey’s own babyface status means he gets his share of cheers. For the early stages Rosey manages to go toe to toe with the colossal bundle of hate that is Kane – but soon Kane’s superior strength and insanity begin to show. After a short but enjoyable match Kane is able to put Rosey away with the chokeslam for the 1-2-3.

O: 75 C: 76 M: 76

Kane stalks away following his victory, whilst Rosey remains slumped against the turnbuckle clutching his back. The crowd boo as ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms begins to strut cockily down the ramp. He gets into the ring and Rosey stands up to meet him. A brief brawl ensues, but Rosey’s in no condition to be fighting after receiving that hellacious choke-slam. Helms knocks him to the ground with a dropkick and then hits a top rope elbow to further the damage. He then goes out of the ring for a chair and absolutely blasts his former superhero in training with it. ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms has just sent Shelton Benjamin a warning going into tomorrow’s Intercontinental Title match!

69%

COMMERCIAL

Back from the break and the booing kicks off as we’re shown Stephanie McMahon sitting in her office. We’re still unsure as to what her role is, but she’s obviously somewhat important. A strapping male secretary stands at attention (not that attention) beside her and he jumps as Stone Cold Steve Austin barges into the room.

Austin: Alright you sap-sucking bitch, I’m here, now what did you want me to do?

Stephanie: Charming, Steve, just charming. Take a seat.

Austin: I’ll stand

Stephanie: Suit yourself. I’ve got you in here because I want you to sign a contract binding you to my service until such a time as I deem that you’ve done enough to earn J.R’s job back.

Austin: What kind of service are you talking about? I’m not sure your husband…

Stephanie: Don’t play games with me Steve, or this offer comes off the table.

Austin: I was just havin’ some fun, you remember that, don’t you? What kind of ‘service’ do you want the Rattlesnake to do?

Stephanie: You’re going to be helping confirm Raw’s status as the #1 brand in the business. I don’t want to go into specifics on national television, but suffice it to say you’ll be doing certain things to ensure that Smackdown doesn’t pull any more stunts like they did last week. I don’t trust Eric to handle such an important task.

Austin: So you want Stone Cold to drink beer and raise hell?

Stephanie: Essentially, yes

Austin: Well why didn’t you say so? Where do I sign?

83%

Out in the ring is the Intercontinental Champion, Shelton Benjamin, who is preparing himself for his non-title match against Triple H. The Game comes out to huge heat and, after doing his water spitting thing, it’s time for the non-title match.

MATCH THREE: Shelton Benjamin vs. Triple H

Some may remember that Benjamin’s first Raw match up was an upset victory over Triple H, and it’s certainly fresh in Triple H’s mind as he looks to be treating this match as seriously as he’s treated any. The two lock up and Triple H gets the best of the early going, a knee to the midsection followed by a running knee to lay out the plucky young champion. Cover, but Benjamin is far from beaten. Triple H stamps on him some, whips him, and lays him out with a hard shoulder block. He’s going to school on Benjamin, and continues to make use of his knees with a running knee drop on Benjamin. This could be over very quickly. Triple H drags Shelton to his feet and sets him up for the Pedigree. No! Benjamin back body drops his way out of trouble and, as Triple H staggers to his feet catches him in a hard belly to belly suplex. Cover, but The Game is able to roll a shoulder up. Shelton is gaining some control here, and manages to counter a whip into the corner by coming off the turnbuckle with a hell of a moonsault. Things look set to go towards an upset until Triple H is able to ‘accidentally’ take the referee out of the equation by shoving Shelton into him. With the referee out, however, Triple H has left himself open – and the crowd goes crazy as Ric Flair rushes down the ramp. Triple H and Flair exchange blows before Flair is able to knock Hunter down with a big time chop. He locks in the figure four and Triple H is tapping! Triple H is tapping! After a minute or so of damaging Triple H’s leg, Flair rolls to the outside and wakes the referee up. As he comes to he sees Shelton Benjamin hit Triple H with the T-Bone Suplex for the 1-2-3 and a huge upset victory.

O: 86 C: 88 M: 83

Triple H is absolutely livid, and doesn’t give Benjamin any time to celebrate, kneeing him in the midsection and treating him to a Pedigree for his troubles. As we go to break Triple H points at Flair and runs a finger across his throat.

COMMERCIAL

We’re backstage with Josh ‘Manboy’ Matthews and the champion, John Cena.

Josh: John Cena, tonight you face your opponent for Taboo Tuesday, Edge. How do you feel?

Cena: Josh, Josh, Josh – I have to ask, who’s writing your material? Because it’s absolutely priceless. I can just picture you in bed with a lady… or a man, and you’re making your love, you’re getting your groove on and suddenly you pause, pull a cue card from your underpants and say in your best little boy voice ‘Oh yeah, who’s your daddy’? (Pop) You’ve got to loosen up, dude. You’re walking around like you’re a puppet or something. Slump your shoulders a little bit, yeah, like that. Now here, borrow my cap. No, put it on backwards. Ok, now ask me how I feel?

Josh: How do you feel?

Cena: Be more interested. I’m not your mother, I’m the champ. As me like you give a damn.

Josh: How do you feel?

Cena: I feel…….. fine. Now give me my hat back. Get out of here. Go home and practice extra hard, and maybe one day I’ll let you interview me again.

Josh Matthews scurries away.

Cena: Ladies and gentlemen, the CHAMP IS HERE! And Edge, you may have money in the bank, but tomorrow night you’re going to feel what it’s like to have a transaction declined. Go to the back of the queue and fill out forms F and U.

87%

“You think you know me…” Edge comes out to the ring, money in the bank contract in his hand and Lita at his side. He’s soon joined by Kurt Angle, who will be facing the winner of tomorrow night’s match at Survivor Series, regardless of the outcome. Shawn Michaels is next out, and once he’s joined by John Cena we’re underway.

MATCH FOUR: John Cena & Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle & Edge

This is a rematch of last week’s main event, where Kurt Angle was able to steal a victory after Lita’s interference. Cena and Michaels seem to be wary of Lita’s presence this week, and things start off with Edge and HBK brawling in the centre of the ring. Edge gets the early ascendancy courtesy of Lita tripping HBK up as he comes off the ropes. Michaels wastes valuable time yelling at her, allowing Edge to attack him from behind and set him up for the Electric Chair Drop. Michaels is able to slide off of Edge’s shoulders, however, and hits him with a dropkick to the back – sending him into a clash with Lita! Roll-up! 1-2-kickout! Edge staggers to the corner to tag in Angle, who straight away goes to work on Michaels’ leg with holds and direct blows. The two have a long and healthy rivalry, and it’s far from one-sided, Michaels able to roll through an attempted ankle lock before locking one in of his own. Angle knows every possible counter to the move though, and is able to roll onto his back and kick free. He then hits a stellar overhead belly to belly suplex that has Shawn Michaels in real trouble. He’s looking set for the Angle Slam. No! No! Michaels slips off of Angle’s shoulders and nails Sweet Chin Music! Both men are down, with Michaels struggling to walk on the leg Angle’s targeted. Angle is somehow able to stagger back into his corner, and Edge is in! Michaels lunges and manages to tag Cena in! Edge rushes at Cena and is flattened with a clothesline. Again! Again! Cena hits a spinebuster and hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle! The crowd are going crazy as Cena waits for Edge to stand. Here it is…. F-U! Cover. 1-2-3! Cena just cleaned house!

O: 85 C: 89 M: 77

The show goes off air with Cena holding the title aloft and spinning it, the crowd chanting his name.

NEXT.....

IPB Image

John Cena © vs. Edge in a Cage Match for the WWE World Title

Shelton Benjamin © vs. 'Sugar' Shane Helms for the Intercontinental Title

Kane and Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan

Trish Stratus © vs. Ashley Massaro vs. Victoria vs. Torrie Wilson in a Mud Wrestling Bout for the WWE Women's Title

Rob Conway faces off with Roddy Piper in his Legend's Challenge

Ric Flair vs. Triple H in a No DQ match!

Predictions welcome

IPB Image

The atmosphere is electric as the revolutionary Taboo Tuesday kicks off. We’ve got a big crowd here and they’re all salivating in anticipation of the night of action ahead. The person with the honour of being first out tonight, however, is far from welcome – Rob Conway strutting out to begin his Legends Challenge.

Conway: Last night on Raw I further stated my status as a legend. I’m no ‘legend killer’, no, I’m a legend in my own right. Every so called legend I defeat takes me one step closer to the immortality I so rightly deserve. Hacksaw Jim Duggan couldn’t beat me, and so now you’ve all voted for who you think can – Rowdy Roddy Piper. Well I’ve got news for you. Rob Conway isn’t intimidated by Roddy Piper. So, Roddy, if you’re game – let’s do this.

The sound of bagpipes floods through the arena as the truly legendary Rowdy Roddy Piper appears on the entrance rap. He’s got a mike in hand.

Piper: Rob Conway, you egotistical son of a bitch, I think I speak for everyone when I say we’re sick and tired of hearing you running your mouth. You robbed Jim Duggan last night, but you ‘aint gonna rob me. You see, I’m challenging you to a No DQ match – which means I’ll be able to pull out every dirty little trick you’ve been relying on to beat guys who haven’t wrestled full time in years. What do you say, Rob? Are you up for a No Disqualification match against Roddy Piper at Survivor Series?

Conway: Well, I don’t know Roddy. You see, what’s to say I won’t be wrestling John Cena for the World Title at Survivor Series? Or even Shelton Benjamin for his Intercontinental Title. I’ll have to think…

Roddy Piper decides that actions speak louder than words, and this the ring. He clubs Conway with the microphone and then lays into him with kicks and punches. Conway bails out of the ring, making an exit through the crowd as Rob Conway celebrates in ring.

68%

Next up it’s the mouth-watering mud wrestling contest between four luscious WWE divas. First out to the ring is Torrie Wilson, who gets a pop despite her heel status. Victoria, on the other hand, is all heat as she heads out and looks disapprovingly at the large inflatable pool full of mud in the centre of the ring. Ashley Massaro is out next and, finally, Trish Stratus.

Trish Stratus © vs. Ashley Massaro vs. Torrie Wilson vs. Victoria for the WWE Women’s Championship

The bell rings and the four ladies gingerly step into the mud, with the exception of Ashley, who scoops up a large handful and lets it drip seductively into her ample cleavage. The crowd pop, and this draws the ire of Victoria, who leaps on Ashley and starts brawling with her in the mud. Torrie and Trish likewise tie up, and what ensues is a predictably uninspiring but appealing wrestling match in the mud. It’s soon difficult to tell exactly who is who, and understandably, there’s not really any trademark moves on display to differentiate between workers. Only Trish’s diminutive stature allows the fans to keep their eye on the champion. There’s a number of near falls, although how the referee is able to tell who is covering who is unclear. Through it all Victoria and Trish remain the dominant workers, with Ashley and Torrie having no real impact on the match. Torrie Wilson is the first eliminated, Victoria blind-siding her erstwhile partner with a neckbreaker for the 1-2-3. With things down to three, Ashley and Trish begin to team up in the hopes of eliminating Victoria – but the experienced worker is able to lay both parties out with a big clothesline. The action’s spilled out into the ring already, and Victoria picks Ashley up for the Widow’s Peak. Trish takes her knees out from behind her but as Ashley lands she blindly strikes out with a spinning kick aimed at taking out Victoria. Instead it connects with her friend Trish, who is rolled up with feet on the ropes by Victoria. 1-2-3! Trish is eliminated and we’re guaranteed a new champion tonight! It’s down to Victoria and the inexperienced Ashley Massaro but what’s this? Mickie James is running down the ramp with a chair in hand. She checks to see if Trish is alright and then blasts Ashley Massaro with the chair! She’s obviously scoring ‘revenge’ on Ashley for her inadvertent shot on Trish! Victoria hits Mickie with a dropkick and quickly covers Massaro. 1-2-3! Victoria has been given the Women’s Title after Mickie James mistakenly attacked Ashley Massaro!

O: 63 C: 74 M: 39

After the match Trish rushes to Ashley’s aid and yells at Mickie, asking what on earth she was doing. Victoria celebrates on her way up the ramp. One title has changed hands tonight, what will happen next?

‘Aint no stoppin’ me nooooow!’ and it’s Shelton Benjamin on his way out to the ring, the Intercontinental Champion coming off an upset victory over Triple H. The fans have selected ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms to be his opponent – a man who has turn his back on his fans and friends of late.

Shelton Benjamin © vs. ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms for the Intercontinental Title

We’re underway here is right off the bat Shelton shows his intensity by winning the initial tie up and locking Helms in a side headlock. Helms is able to wrestle his way out of it and treats the champion to a hard kick to the jaw before coming off the ropes with a flying forearm. Benjamin stumbles back into the ropes and recovers with a brutal clothesline that almost folds Helms in half! Cover, but Helms is able to kick out on two. Benjamin comes off the ropes with an elbow drop, but Helms rolls away and responds with a dropkick that sends Benjamin over the top rope and to the mat below. Here it comes, suicide dive from Helms! Both men have crashed into the security barrier.

Helms is the first to his feet and straight away he accosts Lillian Garcia for her chair, bringing it back with every intention of scoring a cheap win. Benjamin’s ready for him though, ducking the swinging chair and then catching Helms in a half nelson suplex! Helms crashes onto the mats! Benjamin lifts him up and rolls him into the ring. Cover. 1-2-No! Helms somehow found the energy to kick out!

The match continues on in this vein, with both workers enjoying periods of dominance. It’s a good length match with plenty of counter wrestling and underhanded tactics from Helms. The end comes about with Benjamin attempting his Stinger Splash, only to have Helms step to the side and have his head bounce off the turnbuckle, which was previously exposed by Helms whilst the referee was occupied elsewhere. Benjamin is dazed. Nightmare on Helms Street! Cover. 1-2-wait! Shane Helms has been dragged out of the ring! The referee calls for the DQ as Rosey picks Helms up and drives him spine first into the steel ring post! Rosey has just cost ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms the Intercontinental Title!

O: 84 C: 71 M: 91

Shelton Benjamin is in no condition to celebrate the retention of his title, and we certainly haven’t heard the end of this! Rosey, having caused the damage he wanted to, leaves. Helms is writhing in agony on the mat.

Next up is the block-buster tag match which pits Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan against Kurt Angle and Kane. It’s two icons vs. two of the most dominant workers of the modern era. Who will come out on top?

Shawn Michaels & Hulk Hogan vs. Kurt Angle & Kane

Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle get things underway here, the two building on their already formidable rivalry with some brilliant chain wrestling and brawling in the middle of the squared circle. Michaels gets the crowd going by going ahead early, whipping Angle hard and taking him down with a dropkick. The tag is made to Hogan, and the fans lap it up as the legendary entertainer enters the ring and drops an elbow into Angle. Angle oversells it, as Hogan would expect, and is whipped hard into the corner. He comes out with all guns blazing, laying the Hulkster out with a big clothesline. The tag is made to the Big Red Machine, who comes in and immediately stamps on Hogan some more. Whip, and Hogan is laid out with a big clothesline from Kane. Kane locks the grounded Hogan in a rear naked choke, and the crowd start to rally behind their hero. Hogan predictably hulks up, battling his way out of the hold with some elbows before coming off the ropes with a big boot. He signals for the Leg Drop of Doom, but as he comes off the ropes Angle drops a knee into his back. Hogan does his comically over-acted point and shake head act, but is attacked from behind from Kane. CHOKESLAM! Cover. 1-2-No! Hogan manages to get a shoulder up, much to the crowd’s delight. Kane drags the beaten Hogan to his corner and makes a tag to Angle, who drops a few punches into Hogan’s gut before whipping him and laying him out with a shoulder block. He locks the Ankle Lock in, and Hogan is in the world of hurt. Hogan begins to drag Angle towards his corner, but the Olympic gold medallist just drags him right back into the centre. Michaels intervenes with a dropkick, and Angle bounces back into his corner. A blind tag is made, and Michaels comes across to cactus clothesline Angle out of the ring. The two rivals brawl on the mat whilst Hogan staggers to his feet. Kane advances… CHOKESLAM! Cover. 1-2-3! Kane just nailed the Hulkster!

O: 83 C: 93 M: 61

MORE TO COME....

Ric Flair vs. Triple H in a No DQ Match

Edge vs. John Cena for the WWE Title in a Cage Match!

IPB Image

Continued....

Next up we find Triple H backstage, the Game looks psyched up in the lead-up to his grudge match against his former best friend, Ric Flair. He finishes strapping his leg up before lifting his trademark sledgehammer up from behind the bench he’s seated on. He pats it lovingly as he leaves the room.

81%

WOOOOO! The Nature Boy Ric Flair struts out to the crowd’s adoring cheers, entering the ring and taking off his robe in readiness for the task at hand. The Game is out next, but he’s not even halfway down the ramp before Ric Flair races out and meets him with some clubbing blows.

Ric Flair vs. Triple H in a No DQ Match

Ric Flair already has the upper hand in this one, having attacked Triple H before he was ready. The sledgehammer is discarded as Flair bounces Triple H’s head off the security barrier to the delight of the crowd. He lifts a knee into the game’s face before whipping him into the ring post. Flair is switched on here tonight! He rolls Hunter into the ring, and the bell rings to get the match officially underway. Cover made by Flair, but Triple H is out on two. WOOOO! Flair tries to drag Hunter to his feet, but HHH takes a page from Ric Flair’s book with a big low blow. It’s all legal here, and whilst Flair is doubled over, Triple H goes for the early pedigree. No can do, as Flair back body drops the Game and then leaves the ring. He rummages around under it and comes out with a chain! He wraps it around his knuckles and comes back into the ring. Triple H throws up his hands to beg for mercy, but it’s too late for that, Flair striking Triple H again and again with the deadly weapon. The Game is split open! Flair lays off the beating, tossing the chain aside, and does his trademark strut much to the crowd’s delight. The dirtiest player in the game is taking Triple H to school here, and it’s old school. The Nature Boy drops an elbow into Triple H and another and another! The Game is forced to roll to the outside to get away from the intensity in the Nature Boy. He staggers up the ramp, waving a hand at Flair in apparent submission. Flair isn’t going to let him get away that easily, however, and rushes up the ramp after him. Big mistake, as Triple H picks up the previously discarded sledgehammer and buries it in Flair’s ribs! Flair is doubled over, and Triple H splits him open with repeated blows to the forehead. Now the Game is in control, and Flair is in a dangerous position. Hunter uses the sledgehammer to choke Flair as he drags him to the ring and rolls him in. He then ties his former ally up in the ropes and repeatedly strikes him. The blood is really flowing now! He slaps Flair’s face and yells abuse at him, and the crowd and viewers at home can clearly here ‘You betrayed me’ repeated on several occasions.

Triple H then leans in to whisper something in Flair’s ear, but the Nature Boy bites him! Triple H drops the sledgehammer and recoils in pain clutching at his ear. Flair untangles himself from the ropes and charges at Triple H, who has the presence of mind to hit a back body drop on Flair. He comes off the ropes and drops his knee into Flair’s throat, and right away he’s back in control. Dragging Flair to his feet he hits the Pedigree! Cover.

KICKOUT! Flair kicked out of the Pedigree! Triple H shakes his head in disbelief as Flair staggers to his feet. The two exchange blows and bit by bit Flair gets back in control. He whips Hunter and knocks him down with a chop, and again and again! Triple H is down and Flair locks him in the dreaded figure four leg lock! Triple H’s faces paints a picture of terror as he realises he’s miles from the ropes and Flair has every intention of breaking his leg. He tries desperately to reach the sledgehammer, but can’t. Triple H’s hand hovers above the mat, inches from tapping out. Flair’s face is coated in blood and his eyes are wild with madness, but he’s not relinquishing the hold. Triple H struggles… he’s going to tap! He’s got to tap! No! Triple H gets a hand on the sledgehammer and swings wildly at Flair, who has to release the hold to avoid a potentially fatal blow. The two face off on opposite sides of the ring, and Flair is the first to break. He rushes at The Game, ducks the initial blow, and comes off the ropes with an elbow to Triple H’s head. The Game staggers forward and swings wildly, completely missing Flair. Kick to the gut! Flair sets Hunter up for the Pedigree! No! Triple H blocks it and back body drops Flair to the mat. He picks up the sledgehammer and drives it into Flair’s throat. To his feet… PEDIGREE! Cover. 1-2-3! Triple H has beaten Ric Flair in an absolutely epic match!

O: 87 C: 94 M: 71

Triple H rolls out of the ring, blood streaming from his face, and staggers to the back. EMT’s rush out to check on Flair, who hasn’t moved since being treated to the Pedigree. He’s lifted onto a stretcher and taken to the back.

We cut to the backstage area, where Edge is with Lita and Maria Kanellis.

Maria: Edge, you’re just moments away from a brutal cage match against John Cena for the WWE World Title. What’s your strategy?

Edge: What’s my strategy? My ‘strategy’ is to go out there and beat John Cena until he can’t stand. Then, and only then, I will finish him off and make the pin. You all saw what I did to Matt Hardy, and I’ll do the same to John Cena. It’s about time Raw had a champion they can be proud of, a champion who has been through brutal matches and come out the better for it. John Cena is a glorified clown and guess what, Maria? I’m not laughing. And after tonight, neither will John Cena. And you can bank on that.

88%

Howard: Ladies and gentleman the following contest is a Steel Cage match for the WWE World Title. The first man to pin his opponent, force him to submit, or escape the cage will be declared the winner and will be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

‘You think you know me…’ Edge comes out with Lita and there’s heavy heat for the both of them. As usual Edge has his money in the bank briefcase by his side. John Cena is out next , and the WWE Champion gets the single largest ovation of the night as he comes out for what should be a gruelling match.

John Cena © vs. Edge in a Cage Match for the WWE Title

The cage is locked and the two combatants circle one another, testing the waters with feints and wild swings. They lock up, and Cena gets the crowd going with a knee to Edge’s midsection followed by a shoulder block on the rebound. Edge rolls away from an attempted elbow drop, leaps over Cena as he comes off the ropes, and then hits a dropkick on the next rebound. Cover, but Cena’s out on one. He shakes his head at Edge in mock disapproval. This irritates Edge and he charges recklessly, allowing Cena to artfully pilot his head into the cage. The crowd cheers as Cena dusts off his hands and bounces Edge’s head off the cage a second time. He attempts a third, but Edge drives an elbow into Cena’s throat and treats Cena’s face to a little cage. He then whips Cena, who reverses and hits an atomic drop on Edge. Edge clutches at his testicles like they’ve been crushed beneath an anvil. Scoop slam by Cena, who comes off the ropes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle. He hits it! It’s over. 1-2-KICKOUT! Edge gets a shoulder up! Cena shrugs it off and begins to lift Edge to his feet, but mister money in the bank punches him in the gut and comes off the ropes with a stiff kick to the still doubled over Cena’s jaw! Cena drops and Edge is immediately on him, straddling his chest and throwing punches into his face. He lifts the dazed Cena to his feet and signals for the Edgecution. He hits it! Cover, but Cena manages to get out at two! Edge can’t believe it! Cena has staggered to his feet and is standing groggily in the corner. Edge looks set for the Spear! He charges, but Cena moves! Edge goes shoulder first into the corner post! Cena’s fired up, and he drags Edge out of the corner. He’s got him set up for the F-U! He poses like this, and the crowd boo as they notice Lita hit the referee guarding the cage door with the briefcase! She starts to open the door. Cena hits the F-U! Cena’s hit the F-U! Lita opens the door and finds Cena waiting for her! He picks her up, and it looks like both husband and wife will feel the F-U tonight! The briefcase drops to the mat as Cena spins around once, twice, F-U! He hits it! Lita is out! No! No! Edge is up and he’s got that briefcase! He charges and hits Cena across the face with it! Not this way! Not this way! Edge looks to Lita, who is down, and then to the open door. The bastard shrugs and heads for the door. Cena staggers to his feet, but he’s a second too late. Edge has won the WWE Title! Edge is the new WWE Champion! He stole a victory and he did it at the expense of his wife!

O: 87 C: 91 M: 78

John Cena watches on in horror as he sees the referee hand his WWE Title to Edge. Edge doesn’t stick around to see if Lita is alright either. He holds the title above his head and begins to back up the ramp. Cena points at him and lets him know it doesn’t end here, but it does for us. Taboo Tuesday ends with Edge as the new WWE World Champion!

IPB Image

Preview

It's the final show before the huge Survivor Series Pay-Per-View and all hell's bound to break loose! How will Eric Bischoff and Stephanie McMahon react to Teddy Long's attacks on Raw? Paul Heyman returns and he's not alone! Plus a non-title Survivor Series preview between Randy Orton and Batista!

Paul Heyman returns and he's got somebody with him

Batista vs. Randy Orton in a Non-Title Survivor Series Preview

Team's Cannon and Long announce their final members

Tajiri makes his Smackdown debut against Brian Kendrick

Raw's T.N.T. have said they'll answer LOD 2005's challenge

How will Eric Bischoff hit back at Smackdown for poaching Tajiri

Survivor Series - Confirmed Card

Batista © vs. Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Title

Edge © vs. Kurt Angle vs. John Cena for the WWE Title

Ric Flair vs. Triple H in a Street Fight

Team Cannon vs. Team Long for Control of Smackdown

Rob Conway vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper in a No DQ Match

More to come!

Edited by chriswalkerbush....walkerbush

IPB Image

Cole: Welcome to Friday Night Smackdown! It’s TV that’s changing Friday nights!

Tazz: You’re damn straight, and what a night of action we’ve got for you tonight. A Survivor Series preview between Randy Orton and Batista!

Cole: But the question on everybody’s lips is how will Raw General-Manager Eric Bischoff react to what he calls the ‘stealing’ of Tajiri? Can we expect to see repercussions tonight?

Tazz: I don’t know – but this war between Raw and Smackdown is certainly heating up. It’s sure to boil over tonight!

The Asiatic themed music of Tajiri hits as the Japanese Buzzsaw comes out to a solid reaction from the crowd. The far less familiar music of Brian ‘Spanky’ Kendrick hits and we’re set for our opener!

Tajiri vs. Brian Kendrick

In a good, fast paced match – Kendrick and Tajiri continue to showcase the depth of skill in Smackdown’s cruiserweight roster. Tajiri is booked to look particularly strong, dominating proceedings with his stiff kicks and agility. Kendrick does get some token offence in but, ultimately, is caught with the Buzzsaw Kick for the 1-2-3.

O: 74 C: 63 M: 86

We cut back to the parking lot where a sleek, black limousine is pulling in to the arena.

Cole: Who could it be? Eric Bischoff? Stephanie McMahon?

Tazz: How about you shut up and watch, Cole?

The limousine rolls to a halt and the chauffer steps out. He proceeds to the back of the car and opens the passenger door. Out steps former ECW owner and former Smackdown General-Manager, Paul Heyman! The crowd don’t know how to react as he dons his customary baseball cap and seems to soak in the atmosphere.

Heyman: It’s good to be back!

83%

Cole: That’s Paul Heyman! What the hell is he doing here?

Tazz: You’re just full of questions tonight, aren’t you Cole? Why don’t you wait and see?

Cole: First Raw threatens us and now Paul Heyman shows up. What’s going on?

Tazz: Chill out, Cole. We’ve got a match to call. Can you just do your job?

Rey Mysterio vs. JBL

This is essentially a throw away match, and the crowd know it. That doesn’t stop them from cheering for Rey Mysterio or booing the immensely unpopular JBL, however. Despite the obvious difference in styles between the high flying Mysterio and the slow brawling of JBL – this match comes across as quite an enjoyable one – and the fans are pleased to see two of the better known Smackdown superstars used even if they aren’t involved in the main event feud. The end comes about with Mysterio avoiding the Clothesline from Hell and dropkicking JBL so that he falls into the ropes. The 619 and the West Coast Pop follow, and it’s over.

O: 81 C: 86 M: 76

After the match, JBL demolishes Rey with a Clothesline from Hell, standing over him like he’s slain him in single combat. The crowd boo as he spits in disgust and walks off, Jillian Hall in close pursuit.

COMMERCIAL

We’re back from the break and the music of Paul Heyman hits. The crowd doesn’t know how to react, and so the former ECW owner and head booker gets a cheer as he struts out to the ring. He soon gets on the mike.

Heyman: Wow! (Pop) I haven’t been here for a long time. The last time you saw me I was riding high on the triumph that was ECW One Night Stand but… we’re not allowed to mention that here, are we? I watched with horror as the WWE swept over ECW’s night of nights like it never happened. But that’s not why I’m out here. I’m out here because, like a lot of you, I’m tired of how the WWE is being run. I watch shows and I’m sick of seeing the same crap week in and week out. The same two talentless champions beating the same three or four guys every night.

He’s lost the crowd now, and they’re booing him.

Heyman: Oh, shutup! You ignorant audience members are the worst kind of people there is! You’re the kind of idiots and losers who helped Vincent Kennedy McMahon bring this festering ball of dog shit to the top of the heap. You’re the sons of bitches who killed my dream! Well, Vince, when the cat’s away the mice will play. Where is your Stone Cold now, Vince? Where’s your Rocky Maivia? The WWE is a lumbering dinosaur, and it’s only a matter of time before your promotion joins WCW and ECW in the scrap heap.

Heyman’s clearly not following a script here.

Heyman: But the difference between you and I, Vince, is that people are still chanting ‘E-C-W’ five years after our death. In five years, what will they chant about you, Vince? Nothing! For all of your money and power, when you’re gone nobody will give a rat’s ass. Not me. Not the ‘smart marks’, and certainly not the fickle fans out in this audience!

We cut backstage where Teddy Long is watching with horror. He turns to a nearby group of wrestlers – guys like Hardcore Holly, Super Crazy, Psicosis, and Heidenreich.

Long: Somebody shut him up! He shouldn’t be here!

Back in the ring, Heyman continues to talk.

Heyman: And this Raw vs. Smackdown thing? Please! You’d better know this is a work. Please tell me you’re not buying into it? You want a war? I’ll give you a war! Screw Raw! Screw Smackdown! If you want a war, Paul Heyman’s going to give you one!

Hardcore Holly, the Mexicools, LOD 2005, and several other Smackdown lower carders (Scotty 2 Hotty, Paul London and the like) hit the ring and surround Heyman.

Heyman: Don’t you touch me! Don’t one of your bastards touch me! You think I’m stupid enough to come here alone!? You think I wouldn’t be prepared!? You think I’m not prepared to bring-the-pain?

Cole: Oh my God! That’s Brock Lesnar! Brock Lesnar is here!

Brock Lesnar is indeed here, leaping the security barrier and entering the ring like a battering ram. With both arms out-stretched he levels Scotty and London. He picks up Psicosis and tosses him out of the ring. The remaining superstars descend on him, only to be thrown off in a heap. Super Crazy is given a spinebuster and, as he approaches, Heidenreich falls prey to the same move. Animal and Holly manage to tie up Lesnar, but Heyman uses Animal’s own tag title to club him across the back with it! Whilst Animal grabs onto Heyman by the coat and throws him into the corner, Lesnar manages to lift Holly up. F-5! He then delivers the same to Animal. Brock Lesnar has single handedly cleared the ring!

More security arrives, and this time Lesnar and Heyman decide to make tracks. They make a quick exit through the crowd, but the entire arena is buzzing.

91%

COMMERCIAL

Returning from the break, Teddy Long is in his office, his heads in his hands in deep stress. There is a knock on his door and, without waiting for an answer, Palmer Cannon enters.

Cannon: Teddy! I hope you’re ready with that Survivor Series team!

Teddy: What? Oh… Playa, have you even been watching tonight?

Cannon: Yeah, I have. Credit where credit is due, that bit with Lesnar and Heyman was ratings gold. Was that your idea?

Teddy: No, it wasn’t.

Cannon: Well, who do I have to congratulate?

Teddy: It wasn’t an angle, Palmer. I don’t know what that was. Brock Lesnar doesn’t even work for us?

Cannon: Sure, alright Teddy, be that way. I’ll find out when I have your ass fired this Sunday at Survivor Series. Now, are you ready to meet my team?

Teddy: (Clearly uncaring) Sure, bring them in.

Previous inclusions Ken Kennedy and Sylvain Grenier enter, accompanied by Simon Dean and Tajiri.

Teddy: That’s only four people, Palmer.

Cannon: I know, but my fifth worker is on his way. He should be here any minute now.

The door opens and JBL enters, a cocky grin on his face.

Cannon: Ah, John, good to see you. Well, Teddy, where’s your team.

Teddy: Well, three of them just got demolished by Brock Lesnar, so you’ll forgive their absence, playa. They are Hardcore Holly, Super Crazy, and Psicosis. Joining them will be the one man army, Bobby Lashley, and….

The door flies open and Rey Mysterio enters, immediately launching himself at JBL in apparent retaliation for his post match assault. Team Cannon manage to restrain Mysterio.

Mysterio: I don’t care who you were going to name as your fifth member, Teddy, but I want in. I want a chance to kick JBL’s ass!

Teddy: You’re in, playa.

The crowd cheers as Rey Mysterio becomes the fifth member of Team Long for Survivor Series.

73%

Out in the ring, and LOD 2005 have managed to recuperate somewhat from the beating they took at the hands of Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. They’ve got a title defence against Chad & Tank Toland, but they certainly don’t look like they’re set for it.

LOD 2005 © vs. The Blonde Bombers for the WWE Tag Titles

The fans are still somewhat lulled, with most of the buzz clearly about the appearance of Heyman and Lesnar earlier in the piece. That, and the fact the Blonde Bombers aren’t well known yet, means that this clash is seen as something of a non-event by the fans. Heidenreich and Animal, despite their injuries, manage to look the stronger throughout – occasionally faltering due to their ‘battle injuries’. Still, their experience and class means they’re able to come up with the retain after hitting the Doomsday Device for the 1-2-3.

O: 61 C: 47 M: 76

As LOD 2005 celebrate their victory, however, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch of T.N.T hit the ring! Using their own title belts, T.N.T lay out the Smackdown tag champions. The Blonde Bombers bail out, leaving Raw’s champions standing in the ring.

Cade: You’re calling us out? Well how about we settle this disagreement the old fashioned way? A ‘rasslin match at Survivor Series? Hell, we’ll put our titles on the line if you’ll do the same with yours. Let’s see who the #1 brand really is?

T.N.T. make their exit via the crowd, whilst Animal and Heidenreich must be questioning the sanity of coming to work in this particular evening.

COMMERCIAL

We return from the break for the third surprise of the evening, Eric Bischoff, Raw’s General Manager – standing in the centre of the ring enduring a heavy booing.

Bischoff: I’m going to make this quick. Last week on Smackdown you saw a Raw affiliated wrestler, Tajiri, jump ship. Teddy Long told me it was all business, and I can relate to that. If anyone understand the phrase ‘it’s business’, it’s me. So, as a businessman I had to do some signing of my own to make up for the loss of a Raw superstar. Effective immediately, let me welcome not one, not two, but three new workers to the Raw roster. Ladies and gentlemen, M-N-M!

Johnny Nitro, Joey Mercury, and the gorgeous Melina come out to heavy heat. They each shake Bischoff’s hand and they pose as we fade to the back.

In the back we find Booker T and Chris Benoit preparing for their tag match against Christian and Sylvain Grenier, an unlikely pairing if ever one’s been seen.

Benoit: How are you, man?

Booker: What?

Benoit: How are you holding up? Booker, I’m your friend, and I know how much Sharmell means to you. What she did…. She doesn’t deserve you.

Booker: Thanks for saying so, Chris, but I don’t want to talk about it, alright? Let’s just go out and there and teach these suckas a lesson.

Benoit: Fine by me.

80%

Chris Benoit & Booker T vs. Christian & Sylvain Grenier

The fans are really vocal for this one, and there’s a definite Christian constituency in the audience. That said, the majority of the support is for his Canadian compatriot, Chris Benoit. Things start off with Booker T in action against Sylvain Grenier and, as expected, the Booker man is switched on. He beats Grenier from pillar to post, and even allows him to tag out to Captain Charisma. Christian fairs considerably better than the supermodel, getting the momentum with a thumb to the eye and a running kick to the skull. He covers, but Booker T isn’t that easily beaten. Still, Christian has the upper hand, and he works Booker T’s neck with a hold followed by a neckbreaker. He tags back out to Grenier, who stomps on Booker T before posing for the crowd. This allows Booker T to recover, kick him in the gut, and head for the ropes – presumably to hit his Scissor Kick. It doesn’t come off, however, Christian using the low bridge to get Booker out of the ring. He bounces Booker T’s head off of the security rail while, in ring, Grenier finds himself on the wrong end of a beating from Chris Benoit. With the referee occupied with trying to get Booker back in the ring, Benoit is able to hit his triple German suplex on Grenier. Christian, having whipped Booker T into the stairs, rolls him back into ring. Of course, he then notices that Chris Benoit has given a similar treatment to Sylvain Grenier – and what results is two men lying in the ring motionless.

Benoit and Christian both lean in, urging their partners to make tags, and Grenier’s the first to make it. Christian vaults into the ring, only to have Booker T lunge out and tag in Benoit. Christian races forward and is laid out with a punch. The process continues until Benoit catches Christian and plants him with a big bridging German suplex for the two count. Christian staggers towards his corner, but Sylvain begs off, meaning Christian has to turn around and deal with Benoit himself. He swings clumsily, but gets planed with a full nelson slam. Benoit then runs his thumb across his throat in signal for the suicide headbutt. He goes up top, but Grenier tips him off of the turnbuckle. Benoit crashes and burns, and Christian is on hand with the Unprettier for the 1-2-3.

O: 79 C: 80 M: 79

As Christian and Sylvain celebrate their upset victory, Benoit staggers to his feet, only to be on the end of a shove from Booker T.

Booker: What the hell was that, man?

Benoit seems like he’s going to let it slide, but then retaliates with a hard right hand. The two friends brawl and referees have to come in to break it up. Looks like Booker T’s personal life is interfering with everything else!

COMMERCIAL

Back from the break and we find Randy Orton and his father, Bob Orton, preparing for tonight’s non-title match.

Bob: Now don’t you worry, Randy, I’ve got your back covered.

Teddy Long enters to a solid reaction.

Teddy: Oh no you don’t, Bob. You’re not going to be anywhere the ring tonight, playa. If you do go down there, I’ll revoke Randy’s title shot for Survivor Series. Are we clear?

Teddy doesn’t wait for a response. Bob Orton goes to protest, but Randy stops him.

Randy: Don’t sweat it, Dad, I’ll handle Batista.

76%

Batista vs. Randy Orton (Non-Title Match)

The fans are positively roaring for this one, their adoration of Batista momentarily enough to put the bizarre happenings of the night at the back of their minds. The Animal certainly gives them plenty to cheer as he dominates Randy Orton in the early going with his superior size and strength. He’s looking particularly switched on as he whips Orton to the corner, levels him with a clothesline, and then picks him up for a running powerslam. The cover gets two, but it may just have taken every last reserve of Orton’s energy to kick out. Batista begins to shake the ropes in preparation for his finisher, but suddenly ‘Cowboy’ Bob Orton’s music hits. Bob Orton is going to cost his son a title shot! Batista turns to face the entrance ramp, but there’s no sign of Bob Orton. There is, however, sign of life for Randy Orton – who gets to his feet and waits for Batista to turn around. When he does, Orton nails him with the RKO! Batista drops, but so to does Orton, who is still feeling the effects of that early beating he sustained.

Both men lie motionless for a moment, but gradually get to their feet. Orton is first up, and tries to throw a right at Batista, who blocks and retaliates in kind. Orton tries again and is met with the same result. Batista’s battling his way out. He whips Orton and hits him with the spinebuster! The ropes get a good shaking again, and we know what’s next…. BATISTA BOMB! 1-2-3! Batista just destroyed Orton. Survivor Series might already be a foregone conclusion!

O: 85 C: 89 M: 77

The last show before Survivor Series ends with Batista standing tall, but people’s minds are no doubt focussed on Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar’s declaration of war on the WWE. How will this effect Survivor Series?

A Request

If there's any graphically gifted guys reading - I'm looking to get small banner 'match previews' for each match at Survivor Series. Something roughly the size of the Berner Street Wrestling banner below with the workers in each given match. PM me or post here for details if you're keen. Whoever does this can suggest a push. ;)

Survivor Series 2005

It all comes to a head at Survivor Series, and in more ways than one. Can John Cena make ammends for his shock Taboo Tuesday loss by regaining the gold in a triple threat match? The war of words between Palmer Cannon and Teddy Long is sure to end in the match that made this event famous, and Rob Conway's big mouth may finally be shut by Rowdy Roddy Piper. Then there's the growing enmity between Ric Flair and his former Evolution ally, Triple H, who scored a victory over his long time friend at Taboo Tuesday. And behind it all is the very real threat from Paul Heyman and his ally, Brock Lesnar. Will the pair of self proclaimed revolutionaries make an appearance at Survivor Series? All this and more will be revealed in the coming pay-per-view event, one that's not to be missed!

Batista © vs. Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Title

Randy Orton won the right to be #1 contender to Batista's title when he first beat Eddie Guerrero and then won a fatal four way over the likes of Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, and Ken Kennedy. How big a role 'Cowboy' Bob Orton will play in this match will go a long way to deciding the outcome, but Batista is a fighting champion - and Orton had better expect one hell of a brawl.

Edge © vs. John Cena vs. Kurt Angle for the WWE Title

Edge shocked the world when he captured the WWE title at Taboo Tuesday, ending John Cena's six month plus run at the expense of his wife, Lita. In his first title defence, Edge is not only up against the man he stole the title from, but also a driven and determined Olympian in Kurt Angle. Can Edge retain the title without the aid of the deceptive Lita?

Triple H vs. Ric Flair in a Street Fight

The two former friends tore the house down at Taboo Tuesday, and they're going to do it all over again. In their first encounter Triple H scored a grueling victory after what seemed like a painful eternity. Can the dirtiest player in the game out-think and out-gun the most decorated wrestler in modern professional wrestling?

Team Cannon vs. Team Long for Control of Smackdown

The feud between Smackdown general manager Teddy Long and network representative Palmer Cannon comes to a head at Survivor Series in a Survivor Series match-up. Cannon's team is captained by former WWE champion JBL, and contains such danger men as the unbeaten Ken Kennedy and the latest member of the Smackdown roster, Tajiri - but one can't discount the presence of Rey Mysterio, the 'Alabama Slamma' Hardcore Holly, or the unstoppable Bobby Lashley in Team Long. One thing's certain, these ten men are bound to put it all on the line to ensure their 'boss' stays in business.

Booker T vs. Chris Benoit © for the US Title

These two friends have had a falling out of sorts lately, and it can all be blamed on the actions of Booker T's estranged wife, Sharmell. Up until Friday night's Smackdown, the two old friends seemed to be on the same page, but after a shock loss to Christian and Sylvain Grenier - it looks like things are heating up between these men. Can they maintain some civility in a title match, or will hunger for victory sour their friendship for good?

T.N.T vs LOD 2005 in a Tag Title Unification Bout

Raw's T.N.T threw down the gauntlet when they attacked LOD 2005 on Heat, and the challenge was made the following week on Smackdown. This bout will decide once and for all which tag champion is superior - with Smackdown's LOD 2005 going in as raging favourites. But one can't discount the talents of Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch, a team that has impressed since arriving on Raw several weeks ago. Where will the future of the entire tag division go? Smackdown or Raw?

Rob Conway's Legends Challenge: Roddy Piper

Roddy Piper, tired of Conway's egomaniacal boasting laid down the challenge to 'The Conman' at Taboo Tuesday - a No DQ match at Survivor Series. Conway has accounted for such greats as Jim Duggan and Doink the Clown - but can he handle Rowdy Roddy Piper?

WWE Boardroom, Booking Meeting, Pre-Survivor Series

I looked around at the people seated at the expensive boardroom table that acts as ‘brainstorm central’ for the WWE creative team. Sitting in the room with me were Triple H, Shane McMahon, Paul Heyman, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, Stephanie McMahon, and a few of the writers. Truthfully, they’re only here because I haven’t bothered telling my secretary to fire them yet. I never realised how distracting a good secretary can be. Sophie can do things with her tongue that… well, this is hardly the place, and you’re definitely not the audience.

“Alright guys,” I start, “Here’s the run-down for how Survivor Series will go down. Feel free to pipe up at any time if you’ve got thoughts”. I have my secretary politely tell the aforementioned writers that, should they feel free to pipe up, they can also feel free to empty their offices and join the unemployment queue. If I want advice on writing an amnesia angle, I’ll go to them. Leave wrestling to the adults.

“OK, now I’ve decided that we should start the evening with a bang. What does everyone think about starting out with the tag title unification match?”

“I’ve got a question,” one of the writers decides to chance my wrath, “Why exactly are you merging the titles? And why move MNM to Raw? Doesn’t that kind of make the outcome a foregone conclusion?”.

I decide against firing the guy because it’s a good question – one I had to ask myself when I got word from Vince. Yes, despite being unable to control his bowels or wipe his own ass, Vince is still sending me memos. Worse, since ownership of the company is still technically in his family name, I’m to heed his instructions. To demonstrate my point I flick on the television monitor on the wall and Vince’s face flickers into view. He looks almost sane for the moment, save for the fact he’s wearing a straight jacket and the smallest trickle of drool runs down his face.

“Good morning, Vince”.

“Who said that!? Who are you!?” Vince is frantically searching the room for a person. He obviously hasn’t noticed us on the television yet.

“Vince-ah, it’s Hunter. We’re booking Survivor Series ah”. Triple H takes it upon himself to bring his adopted father back to the land of sanity.

“Oh, Hunter. It’s good to see you. Did you pass on my message, Chris?” He’s spotted me, and actually looks like his former self as he speaks.

“I have, but maybe you want to explain it”.

Vince seems to relish the opportunity of conducting some business. I’d imagine enemas, shock treatment, and shuffleboard can become boring after a while.

“Well, I’ve decided that the tag division needs to be made ready for my big plan”.

He stops and begins to look around the room. The suspense is killing the booking team.

“What’s he talking about, brother?” This gets Vince’s attention.

“I intend to re-invent the renaissance of tag team wrestling. The future is in twos, I tell you! I want the division made ready for the return of the New Age Outlaws, the Headbangers, The Bushwhackers, and while we’re at it, hire back that Big John Studd character back. I want to finally give the fans that Studd vs. Andre the Giant match they want”

I can see Hogan visibly flinch at the mention of his former friend, Andre the Giant. One of the writers, less familiar with Vince’s condition, begins to speak.

“John Studd? Andre the Giant? Aren’t they both….”

“Already on the roster, yes” I cut him off. The last thing we need is Vince spiralling further into insanity on us. Not while he’s still got a say in how this company is run.

“Excellent” Vince says, and then begins to doze off. I flick the television back off. He’s not going anywhere.

“Alright, so here’s how that tag title match will run”.

LOD 2005 vs. T.N.T to Unify the Tag Titles

LOD 2005 dominates for most of the match, thanks largely to Road Warrior Animal and the team’s superior experience. Most of TNT’s offence is cheap, and the fans will begin to think this will come across as little more than a squash so the less experienced pairing can be relegated back to Heat. As they set Cade up for the Doomsday Device, however, MNM make their way out to the ring. Whilst Nitro and Melina distract the referee, Mercury uses the Raw tag titles to take out Animal. When the referee recovers he finds Cade on top of Animal and gives the count.

O: 67 C: 64 M: 70