What games consoles do you own?

Benji

I have a PlayStation2, Nintendo DS and Gamecube but over the years I've had a Commodore 64, SEGA Master System, SEGA Mega Drive, PlayStation, Gameboy Color and SEGA Saturn (for all of a month before I sold it).

Of all of them I'll forever declare my love for the original PlayStation the most, to me it had the best set of games and not a month went by without a great new game being released, not to mention that my favourite game series' were Final Fantasy and Tekken, and this had my favourite editions of both (FF9 and Tekken 3) as well as a myriad of other games like the revolutionary censor breaking GTA. To me no other console had the variation of childish to mature, fun to tactical and single to multiplayer.

At present, I own an original front-loading NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance (Original horizontal version) and a Nintendo DS. I've never sold a console, but the DS, Xbox and Gamecube I bought used off eBay. I only ever play the Xbox, but as soon as MGS3 Subsistence comes out I'll be back on PS2 (and probably selling the original MGS3)

Sony Playstation 2

Sony Playstation

Sega Mega Drive II

Sega Master System Converter II (but I can't fucking find it!)

Nintendo Game Boy Colour

I also used to have a SNES before my mum gave it away.

I mostly play on the PS2 and the Mega Drive in roughly equal amounts, with possibly a slight edge to the PS2 (though this may just be because those games are longer).

Before my sister left when I was but a wee lad I remember us having an Atari. Don't know which one specifically but I never recall playing it.

First system I remember having is the original NES. My parents took me to a friend of their's for a party, and I played Super Mario Brothers. I guess I was so happy with it my father went out and bought one on the way home.

Got a Super NES when it came out, a Genesis (Megadrive) shortly after. I had a Game Gear for a very short time and remember telling my father to sell it because there's was no decent games I could find.

The Nintendo 64 I got the Christmas it came out. The next year when Final Fantasy 7 came out I got a Playstation. Had a Gameboy Colour somewhere around here but sold that to a friend's brother for more than it was worth.

Got a Dreamcast one month before they were discontinued. :thumbsdown: Almost any game I wanted was either not in stores and just not out altogether anymore. Still got my greedy hands on Sonic Adventure and Skies of Arcadia so all's good.

The year after (2002) I got a Playstation 2 to play MGS 2, Vice City and more importantly Final Fantasy X. And this year I bought a Gamecube and Gamboy Advance SP with my girlfriend.

All in all the SNES has given me some very fond memories. Even more than the NES. The Game Gear was shit. The N64 wasn't what I expected since I loved the RPGs on SNES (Secret of the Mana, FFII (IV), FFIII (VI), Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Lufia, Mario RPG... oh how I miss those days). It had a shitty ass Quest 64 until Paper Mario came out. And Playstation didn't have the same charm as the SNES. I only wound up playing Final Fantasy games, Metal Gear Solid and the original Grand Theft Auto. I can't remember truly enjoying anything else really. PS2 has been far superior with things like Jak, Ratchet and Clank, Burnout, Mercenaries, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Kingdom Hearts, GTA, etc. The Gameboy's been decent but my girlfriend plays it far more than I could ever want to. And the Gamecube has some solid titles but I generally have all the decent games I want narrowed down and only Zelda's coming. Meh.

All in all, I find I got the best value out of the PS2 but I got the best enjoyment out of the SNES.

Yeah I should stop rambling. I've never sold an actual console but have gotten rid of my Game Gear and Game Boy Colour.

Edited by Vilge Duin

NES

SNES

N64

SEGA Saturn

SEGA Megadrive

Sony Playstation

Sony PSOne

Sony Playstation2

Gameboy

Gameboy Pocket

Gameboy Colour

Gameboy Advance

Gameboy Advance SP

Gameboy Micro (Soon I shall)

Nintendo DS

I think that's all.

The handheld Sega Genesis system(cannot remember the name for the life of me)

Game Gear

The one that'd go through eight AA batteries in about 40 minutes. >_>

Does anyone remember Spot? That on the Game Gear and Dizzy on the Commodore were the best platformers ever.

No...

I do however remember Cool Spot. Shameless advertising at its best. (Y)

Eh, lets see.

Sega Mega Drive

NES

SNES

Gameboy (Classic, pocket, colour and Advance. Not all at once >_>)

Playstation

PS2

GameCube

My brother used to have an old Commodore 64, but fuck knows I couldn't figure out how to use it. I think thats all of them then :P