Games that changed too much when they got sequels.

PkmnTrainerJ

Guest clarencepool

Mortal Kombat 2. It went commercial. Big time. Mortal Kombat 1 was your basic, no frills, beat em' up game andby the time the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th came around.. it was just too much.

Edited by clarencepool

Mortal Kombat 2. It went commercial. Big time. Mortal Kombat 1 was your basic, no frills, beat em' up game. The second one had too many new characters and by the time the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th came around.. it was just too much.

I personally think it was a good thing, variation in characters is a great selling point, although most of the Lin Kuei were far too similar, so your point is still kind of valid.

I think Trilogy was better than one, but Deception is the first one to truly reach the crown of being the best beat 'em up, I prefer Tekken but even I'll say that Deception is better than any recent Tekken game (the best being 2 or 3 depending on speed preferance).

Mortal Kombat 2. It went commercial. Big time. Mortal Kombat 1 was your basic, no frills, beat em' up game. The second one had too many new characters and by the time the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th came around.. it was just too much.

I was trying to state that the game went from cult classic to commercial Phenomena. Which took the shine off it, for me personally.

(Y)

Edited by Benjirino~!

Bwahaha, some girls i know were like that.

"MCR are shit now."

"Yeah, they're so pop. They were in a girls magazine."

"I mean goddamn, everyone loves the new album."

"And they're so pop!"

"The music isn't as good anymore, but more people like it."

"Everyone thinks they're great."

"And they're sooo pop!"

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Sensible Soccer 3D was a poor sequel. 3D Football games were big at the time it was made and they felt they had to play catch up. But turning into 3D turned it into a crap game, simply because the graphics were worse than the other games that were out, and the playablility which had made the Sensi Soccer series so good was lost.