White Stripes > *

Herr Matzat

Good God, i had 3 houre trip to berlin yesterday to see them live again, it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awsome, i died, several times, they played a Marlene Dietrich Song, extended the encore becaus the crowed was singing along extremly loud, ME HAPPY !

After that i went out till 5:45 in the moring becaus that was wen my first train back to Bremen left, yay me.

I might ad that i am suprised by the strenth of my body, i am actualy still able to work even if everything is aceing.

You realy should have come ^_^

Edited by Michael Matzat

Yeah, they suck.

Ain't that the truth? They are up there with those other bands that are quite overrated like the Killers and the rest of them.

Agreed. It's one marginally talented guitarist doing wanky effects to win over guys like Matzat ^, and the token female member. They're not good, at all.

As soon as I heard Seven Nation Army, I fell in love with 'em, but then I heard Elephant, a horrible album in my opinion. Then I obtained some random songs of theirs through other means, and I've recently became a fan once again.

Edited by Michael Matzat

I'm a fan of the White Stripes. The albums are all fairly good, but it's the live show that really sets them apart, it's rare to see so much energy and charisma coming from just two (well, just one, if I'm being honest, not a lot of it comes from Meg) people on stage.

Sure, they're not doing anything especially innovative or even overly interesting, but they do what they do and they do it well, and that's good enough for me.

And they're just not good.

I don´t care what your sad mind tries to think, i had fun, i feel great, i´ed go there again today if they´ed play again, i´ed die again several times and tomorow i wouldend be able to move anymore but i´ed just not care becaus it´s worth it, shit, i rock so much and my tast is the best any person could have in my opinion 8-)

Yes, my sad mind, way to go Matzat - damn, what a burn. You can post your opinion when you think someone/thing is shit, and I can too. You had fun, great. I'm happy for you, still shit in my opinion.

Guest The Trooper

Good for you Matzat, even though i don't necceserily like the White Stripes i'm not gonna bash them, everyone has different tastes right *goes back to listening to bluegrass*

Vaguely on topic of bands that sound amazing with very few members, check out FalenizzaHorsePower, they sound incredible, fairly unique, and just mind-blowing, and it's just a bassist and a drummer. Good stuff.

Back slightly more on topic...yeah, Meg isn't hot. I don't know how people think she is. She's far from it. She's the sort of person you'd get bullied for going out with in high school.

Jack White is the "Tarantino of rock". Look at their singles and how none of them are similar sounding in anyway... they are the most diverse band out their in the mainstream:

Hotel Yorba

Fell In Love With A Girl

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground

We're Going To Be Friends

Seven Nation Army

The Hardest Button To Button

I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself [for the brits]

Blue Orchid

My Doorbell

The Denial Twist

He creates better pop music better than anyone these days, crafting catchy tunes. They constantly re-invent themselves which is much more than bands can ever claim and even in re-inventing themselves they still manage to make good songs.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the White Stripes are diverse, they've only ever been churning out different variations on the age-old "Detroit rock" model, it just so happens that it's a diverse model. They're still playing shameless tributes to their influences and nothing more, but they're doing it well, so I'm not complaining.

I totally agree about playing to their influences, which is why I put the "Tarantino of rock" in. I'd disagree that they simply draw upon strictly Detriot rock more so with their new album than past albums; their influences go WAY further than simply that scene. They've got borderline techno/dance tunes in Blue Orchid, bluegrass tunes in Little Ghost and the piano ballad of I'm Lonely [but I Ain't That Lonely Ain't].

I like the White Stripes because they definitely cut and paste their influences and mash them together perfectly to make some good damn pop music. Plus I think the whole way they construct the band is fascinating.