Saw 2

LygerMark

Just saw it tonight and my roommate and I laughed uncontrollably throughout the entire movie. Considering that it was supposed to be a thriller/horror picture, I'd say that's not a good sign. Some good gorey scenes and some ok acting, but nothing special. Also there were way too many predictable things, especially the "twist" at the end.

I was entertained, it wasn't a great film, but it wasn't bad by any means(except for some of the acting, which I expected). I loved the twist, and since this film was made purely for financial reasons, it is surprising that its any good at all. 7/10

It just came out yesterday so I figured id lay off the spoilers until after the weekend so everyone got a chance to see it before we got in depth. Good looking out for us though Benji.

Eh, most discussion for it would have gone in that SAW thread a week or so back anyway, this is post-SAW ({)

Well I saw it last night and I liked it a lot. I called that the tape was from earlier. I loved how if he would have just talked to the guy, he would have gotten his son back. Saw 3 is going to be extremely gay though because the girl is now the new jigsaw.

The thing is they didn't have to reveal the killer, Matthews could have still been locked up but just without us knowing who Jigsaw's protege was. There were numerous people within the story that could have been behind the kidnapping - and more could have been worked in with a bit of script tweaking to keep everyone guessing for the third movie. Personally that would have worked so much better...

I don't particulary like the idea of being told who the killer is at the end of Saw 2, it was obvious they were gonna change it at the end of the film but i would have been more keen about the upcoming third movie if we weren't told. That's just me though.

Here's where I disagree with you. With the killer being revealed at the end, I think it makes the 3rd movie that much more marketable if not only because you want to see A) what she does and B) What happens to detective Matthews.

Yeah, they did but of course he got caught/died in this one. So it didn't matter quite as much.

I went to see it on it's opening day, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not sure if I liked it as much as the first one but it was still good. Despite the fact a few characters they killed off in my opinion too soon and there was still potential to flesh them out a bit more. Though I suspected it I never was sure Amanda was Jigsaw's pupil. So the ending came as a bit of a shock to me.

I also enjoyed how if he had just been patient and level headed about the situation the cop would've gotten his son back. It is one of the more obvious but still good messages that the films have had.

Though one thing puzzled me slightly, we all pretty much know the kid and her end up in the bathroom like room from the first movie. In there we see the rotting corpse of the kid from the first movie (forget his name at the moment). Now we know Jigsaw closed the door on him however Doctor Gordon at the end of the 1st crawls away saying he'll go get help.

I highly doubt they wouldn't have been able to unlock the door then had Gordon gotten help. So I'm wondering now if he even managed to survive or just bled to death or the more likely choice Jigsaw revealed himself to Gordon then finished him off. Also it was a nice touch to have when Jigsaw was talking about being put face to face with his own mortality that it was Gordon who delivered the news so easily to him.

While as we saw in the first one he was under Gordon's care you don't ever really get the extent of it. Just enough to know he saw Gordon as flawed enough to be one of his victims. His choosing the doctor now makes much more sense to me at least. Since despite Gordon's flaws by the way Jigsaw explains that moment he holds some resentment towards Gordon for being the one to tell him.

Oh and her crawling in that pit of needles was just a disturbing image.

Over all I liked this movie, like I liked the first one. And I think it's safe to say I'm pumped to see if there is a third one in the works. Which by the ending I'm guessing there is.

While as we saw in the first one he was under Gordon's care you don't ever really get the extent of it. Just enough to know he saw Gordon as flawed enough to be one of his victims. His choosing the doctor now makes much more sense to me at least. Since despite Gordon's flaws by the way Jigsaw explains that moment he holds some resentment towards Gordon for being the one to tell him.

Saw this movie today and thought it was pretty good. Had some moments that really creeped me out, the needles, the glass box, and the shedding of his neck skin, but all in all it was a pretty good movie. Amanda being the little apprentice came right to me the second she started screaming out that they should "Play by the fucking rules". I even whispered to my gf that she was probably going to be in with the killer guy. This reveals a lot more about the reason that Jigsaw did all of his killings, and I think that by giving Amanda the role of the new killer, it could make Saw 3 an instant classic. Showing that she can be much more hateful than her mentor was and it could lead to an interesting movie.

• 3 months later...

I figure I'd bump up the thread since it's out of video and all that jazz. I do agree with the consensus that the twists were pretty predictable and the acting was more or less meh (though, certainly better than Sir Leigh Whannell's acting from the first). Still, the mindfuck of it being a tape delay was rather badass and I liked the Mathews/Jigsaw exchanges. Better than the first? Err, about the same level.

Edited by ROCzy