Best goals of all time?

It would probably be Archie Gemmill for me as well, though Bergkamp's goals against Leicester are just as good.

Super Ally's goal in Euro 96 against Switzerland is always remebered fondly by me.

Yeboah scored a couple of crackers in his time as well.

I remember Matthaus scoring a cracker in Italia 90 in the group stages as well.

Lothar Matthaus, now THAT was a player!

And Tony Yeboah, he was great for one season scoring that volley from outside of the area and that other control and piledrive...And then he did nothing....

Best freekick though, whatever anyone says about Roberto Carlos, was JayJay Okocha's last season (?!) against Villa in the League Cup....Drilled it nearpost...magnificent!

I remember when watching Italian footy back in the day that while he was still at Parma, Zola had a career record of one freekick scored for every three he took! Unbelieveable!

I've always loved Gazza's at Euro '96.

Giggs' goal against Arsenal in 99 where he ran past 5 players then put it at the top of the net.

Yeboah scored some crackers as mentioned earlier, especially the ones where it hit the cross bar bounced of the floor and went in. He did that like twice in a matter of days i believe.

Gazzas goals against

Arsenal : That free-kick ! ive never seen anything like it , just a bullett !

Luton , i think it was : Gazza with the ball with the 2 centre halves in front of him , has 2 Spurs players outside of the centre halves screaming for the ball , Gazza just dribbles through the 2 Luton players and slots it in .

Scotland : Sheer class , made Mr Colin Hendry look like a fool .

Bergkamps goal against Newcastle , just genius .

Erik Edmans against Liverpool , slightly biased because i was there but there ya go .

And Beckhams free kick against Greece , it was just perfect in every way , the kick itself and the timing of the goal just couldnt be written . If it was a film you would blow it off as unrealistic

Yeboahs best and most remembered ones are the ones he got against Liverpool (I was there and saw it :)) and Wimbledon. I believe he got a hat trick against the Dons including the one that hit the underside of the bar as his second. All past Neil Sullivan no less. Then he went to Hamburg and got done for tax evasion. He did come back for Lucas Radebe's testomnial. He didn't even attempt to rattle off a spectualar though which was a shame. He did try to take someone on and fell on his more than ample backside, hilarious.

NAYIM! \o/ First time in recent years something like that happened and in a major tournament AND against the gooners fantastic moment.

It was nowhere near the halfway line, I dunno where people get that from. But awesome none the less.

Click Here

Wayne Rooney's incredible volley against Newcastle for ManU, although recent, probably is one of the best goals I've seen. You really have to see the replay angles to do it justice.

This is one of my personal favourites, especially with the chest-out, collar-up, 'Oui, I am ze god' pose afterwards.

Oh, and here's that Ryan Giggs goal :D

You can't forget this either.

Okay, I'm done.

Theres a few that stand out for me

Yeboah against Liverpool was brilliant, and is my favorite goal ever

Frazer Richardson against Sheffield United the other week was quality

Edman against Liverpool last season

Beckhams free kick against Greece

Le Tiss against Newcastle (I think). He was an absolute ledge

In terms of what it meant to me:

David Beckhams penalty against Argentina in 2002. It was only a pen, but I've never cheered for a goal so loud in my life

Anytime anyone mentions "greatest goals", three goals stick out in my mind and they're all scored by Dennis Bergkamp.

The goal against Newcastle where he flicked the ball round the defener, turned past him and scored with a neat finish was just pure class.

The goal against Leicester City in the 97/98 season where David Platt plays a long ball, Bergkamp controls it perfectly then smashes it into the net from a somewhat tight angle.

And the goal against Argentina in the 98 World Cup. Don't need to explain this one, as it was easily the goal of the tournament.

Theres a few that stand out for me

Yeboah against Liverpool was brilliant, and is my favorite goal ever

Frazer Richardson against Sheffield United the other week was quality

Edman against Liverpool last season

Beckhams free kick against Greece

Le Tiss against Newcastle (I think). He was an absolute ledge

In terms of what it meant to me:

David Beckhams penalty against Argentina in 2002. It was only a pen, but I've never cheered for a goal so loud in my life