Best goals of all time?

If it's just for the goal and not for the incidents surrounding it then my favourites have always been George Weah's full length run goal for AC Milan and Trevor Sinclairs overhead volley from outside the area for QPR.

You mean this Trevor Sinclair goal?

http://www.hangtime.nildram.co.uk/goals/TrevorSinclair.mpg

Yup it sure does kick ass

Yessir, overshadowed as goal of the year by some goal by David Beckham. He only lobbed the goalie from the half way line, can't compare to Trev. :angry:

I saw this goal on the Soccer AM DVD of a Blackpool player scoring an absolute cracker.

Blackpool had a corner or something and the ball got nodded to this guy. He flicked it up with one foot and backheeled it with the other. I can't remember the guy's name, I'll check the DVD and edit it in later.

There's proably been better but that really sticks out in my mind

For sheer 'You cheeky fucker'-ness, Zola's goal against Watford. Ball gets floated in from a corner, Zole lets it drop and flicks it through his legs into the net.

Wasn't that Norwich?

Yes it was Naaaarwich, FA cup, Chelsea won 4-0. Tugays goal for Blackburn against Fulham i beleive was good, as it was a well worked goal with a top notch volley.

However, Van Basten, with his volley against Chekoslovakia sp?, it was the narrowest of angles and the fact it was in the final/semi final of the European Championsips was amazing. IT is such a shame that his injury cut short an amazing career.

Maybe the Giggs goal against Arsenal. How he picked that up and produced sheer magic, I'll never know. Outstanding stuff.

Oh and although it's probably not the greatest, one of my favourites is certainly Beckham's freekick against Greece, I fucking love that moment.

Most Vialli overhead goals too, they were outstanding. Wasn't Zidane's super European goal classed as like the best goal in Europe as well? That certainly deserves a mention.

NAYIM! \o/ First time in recent years something like that happened and in a major tournament AND against the gooners fantastic moment.

The Argentina free kick in the 98 world cup to springs to mind. The way they actually played it round the wall rather then plkasting, simple goal but not something you see often for some reason.

Madonna's run and finish in the 86(?) world cup, almost makes the handball forgiveable :shifty:

Finally Villa '82, fantastic goal and was voted greatest goal at Wembley Stadium, can't really argue with that.

Anytime anyone mentions "greatest goals", three goals stick out in my mind and they're all scored by Dennis Bergkamp.

The goal against Newcastle where he flicked the ball round the defener, turned past him and scored with a neat finish was just pure class.

The goal against Leicester City in the 97/98 season where David Platt plays a long ball, Bergkamp controls it perfectly then smashes it into the net from a somewhat tight angle.

And the goal against Argentina in the 98 World Cup. Don't need to explain this one, as it was easily the goal of the tournament.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

It would probably be Archie Gemmill for me as well, though Bergkamp's goals against Leicester are just as good.

Super Ally's goal in Euro 96 against Switzerland is always remebered fondly by me.

Yeboah scored a couple of crackers in his time as well.

I remember Matthaus scoring a cracker in Italia 90 in the group stages as well.

Edited by Booker T & The MG's