XBox 360

A-Dub

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!

There was a demo of Call of Duty 2 at Wal-Mart, and it was beyond beautiful. I was going to wait until my B-Day in June to get it, but after playing last night I can't wait, it's going at the top of the Christmas list.

So, has anyone else played it yet? And what'd you think of it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfft. I saw a display at EB the other day and it didn't impress me.

It was a flatscreen high definition display, no shit it looks good. I was disgusted though when I saw some kids playing the Call of Duty 2 demo. So much clipping (mainly when near a dead body), and nothing really above and beyond what is out there now.

I mainly don't give a shit about graphics. If they're passable, but the game is great I can play all day long. And from what I saw of the demo, nothing has been added gameplay wise to Call of Duty 2 (I'd get it for the PC anyways).

Stick a Playstation 2, Gamecube or XBox game into one of the display's I saw and it'll look just as good.

Nowadays graphics are neglible and I'll wait a year or two to pick up a system, because that's when they'll expand on the system's capabilities (much like how many first year PS2 games weren't that different gameplay wise from their Playstation counterparts).

Bunch of shitty hype I say. However that Dead Rising game looks cool.

The person that I know that works at Future Shop says that in one day, for one in store display, they have gone through 4 X-Box 360's. Thats a sample of how unreliable the first run could be, because he said two of them didn't work the moment they were installed, before any kids or people had a chance to test it out.

I too played the demo of COD 2, and was, well, not overly impressed. Yes, the graphics were prety sweet, and it was fun, but it didn't blow me away. Granted though, it's only one game, and there ARE some better looking ones out there...But I really think I'm in the demographic that Nintendo seems to be shooting for this generation. I'm to the point where better graphics coupled with the same style of gameplay just doesn't do it for me. And really, I've not seen, read, or heard about any games coming out that for either the 360 or PS3 that really make me want to go out and buy either system. Maybe that'll change, maybe not.

Well I have 250 put down on it, Madden 360 paid off, and a second controller reserved with 5 on it(50 for the wireless controllers?! Looks like I'll wait for a while to have 4-player action.) I'm getting the premium package with all the goodies(hard drive, headset, remote, and the 20 gig hard drive. I probably won't be getting it til the first or second week of December though, there's 70 or 80 people ahead of me with their consoles bought off and they're only getting 40 consoles on launch day. They said they're behind on schedule for manufacturing, but if they get it up and running they should be getting 50 a week. Otherwise if it's slow they'll get 20 a week, and would cut close to when I have to travel home for Christmas.

I was reading some of the reviews, and just as expected by others and myself, the graphics are pretty good but the gameplay stays the same. In fact, I guess EA actually stepped back a lot in terms of content(taking away golfers in Tiger Woods, key gameplay modes in NBA Live, and mini-camps and challenges in Madden.) Still I'm getting this system, should be quite the entertainment until the PS3 comes out(which I'm getting as well.)

I'm pissed about the shortage they're reporting, our local GameStop is getting 40 copies, 20 to the first wave of preorders and 20 to the second shipment. I'm on the 2nd shipment list but the store said there's around 60 more ahead of me that have paid off the system completely. I'm paying off on Tuesday when my mom ships me the money, and they hope that 50 more will be shipped each week after, although it may only be 20 a week if Microsoft doesn't get their shit together. This means after school gets out I might have to stay down here for a few more days after, and that would make me pissed. I don't know if GameStop will ship it so I can go home when classes are done because it would suck having to drive back up here(to get back home I have to go through a few mountain passes, and up here in Montana we get a LOT of snow in December).

Just pisses me off, hopefully Sony doesn't decide to do a worldwide launch on the same day.

The launch lineup doesn't warrent $500 is a good reason. All the sports games are mainly graphical upgrades with nothing else knew and in some cases, stuff was taken out of the games.

I think Zero posted a topic just like this a while ago, maybe try looking at that

/forum/index.php?showtopic=29039">http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index....showtopic=29039

Edited by Corizzle

Guest Helmed Horror

Remember that there is never any good reason to buy a console when it first launches and at least a few months after that.

You could also make someone take good care of your money if you feel you are too weak and may buy it. If you get desperate.