Long Songs

Benji

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But one of my favourite long songs is actually David Grays cover of Soft Cell's "Say Hello, Wave Goodbye", which clocks in at about 8 minutes.

And Jeff Buckleys - Lover You Should Have Come Over is class, at about 7 minutes long.

:wub:

Both of those songs are utterly delightful, especially "Lover, You Should Have Come Over", but it's by someone with the last name Buckley, so it has to be :P

Chimaira - Implements Of Destruction. Purely intrumental, and there's about 3 minutes of weird noises at the end.

Green Day - Homecoming. Sort of like Jesus Of Suburbia. About 9 or so minutes long.

Avenged Sevenfold - Strength Of The World. I remember listening to this for a while, and it just kept going and I was like 'what the fuck?'. I liked it.

There's a good few Iron Maiden, Metallica and Guns 'n' Roses that haven't been mentioned which are pretty long.

Then again, any song that does over five minutes it pretty long nowadays.

It's All Gonna Break by Broken Social Scene

Lets Call It Love by Sleater-Kinney

Here To Know/Death Sex by the Distillers

Saracophagi Umbilical Syllables Facilis Descenus Averni Con Safo Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus by the Mars Volta

The favourite long songs on my iTunes....

Notorious B.I.G./BTNH - "Notorious Thugs" (6:07)

Don Henley - "Sunset Grill" (6:20)

Tears For Fears - "Shout" (6:32)

Don Henley - "New York Minute" (6:37)

Derek and The Dominos - "Layla" (7:05)

Kanye West / Nas - "We Major" (7:32)

Then there's a bunch of techno/trance songs, which tend to run really really long anyway.