Emotion In Videogames

PkmnTrainerJ

Small note to Benji: Check your e-mail, only online for short time at work...and I'm on dial-up.

YOU ARE ALIVE!

As for the question...

Anger... Playing Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, that end boss is a bitch, especially on Hard mode.

Love... Any time I get a new game.

Sad... Realising someone was going to die at the end of the FFX pilgramige.

Hate... Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks when I realised I couldn't play MKII, I hate Midway.

Joy... Winning on any multi-player game.

Boredom... The entire snow cliff area around the crater on FF7.

Satisfation... Killing and destroying on GTA.

Vengeance... Any time I play ultra hard mode the first time on any new Tekken and beat the final boss, getting some kind of revenge for my 20 odd losses.

The scene in MGS2 when Octagons sister(or niece) gets shot is really sad

Adopted sister, I think.

What I remember most about all of that was Otacon sitting on his own in the lab, in a pit of depression following Emma's death, and the parret repeatedly squaking out her name to him. I thought "Man, that's going to royally fuck him up in the head". ¬_¬

The credits sequence (of the Happy Ending) in Disgaea just had me grinning like a moron for minutes on end...

I think during most sports games I get pretyt furstrated, but I had an ugly streak when I took Idaho in NCAA.

I lost in 4 OT's and missed a bowl game the first year, than lost by 3 points in the next season opener against a much better team. Than lost in overtime to Boise State after missing a field goal by like three feet.

I deleted that season :shifty:

I think during most sports games I get pretyt furstrated, but I had an ugly streak when I took Idaho in NCAA.

I lost in 4 OT's and missed a bowl game the first year, than lost by 3 points in the next season opener against a much better team. Than lost in overtime to Boise State after missing a field goal by like three feet.

I deleted that season :shifty:

Guest Anti-Hero

Manhunt was pretty scary, and I agree with SDM that both Fallout games had everything. It's an awesome dramatic affair, but it's also great fun once you finish Fallout 2 and have a posse, a car and a shitload of weapons - cruising the countryside and picking fights. Or, occassionally stopping in New Reno to get Marcus the mutant laid.

Edited by Anti-Hero

Guest 12characters

Jonah Lomu Rugby, winning the world cup with Italy with a last second dropgoal after about 40 losses. That was truly a moment.

Throwing away a 4-0 lead to lose the FA cup final by penalties in some soccer management game. I should have thrown my playstation out the window, that woulda learned it.

Guest *Doink*

Manhunt was awesome, but I didn't really find it scary.

Silent Hill 2 was pretty creepy though, and 3 for that matter (to a lesser extent).

I remember being shocked when playing Resident Evil 1 for the first time, when the dogs jump through the window in that corridor. I actually dropped the control pad!

Guest Helmed Horror

I'm sure I felt some sort of emotion during FFX. Can't remember when...

I felt elation when I finally got all the A rankings on Sonic's stages on SA2B, only because my brother was pissing me off about how he got all A's on Shadow's stages (which there are less of and are easier).

Bastard...

I was chuffed to bits when I won the Champions League with Barcelona on FIFA 2004

I was playing Juventus in the final and went a goal down after about half an hour. Started the second half and I was playing to crap, it was so annoying. Nedved gets sent clean through on goal and smacks it over the bar. That seemed to get me going and I equalized through Ronaldinho with about 15 minutes left. Went into extra time and then in the second half of ET; Kleberson (yeah, THAT Kleberson) smacks a shot from just outside the box right in the top corner. I held on for the 2-1.

I had a similar emotion playing FM '04 and winning the World cup with England.

I was playing Argentina in the final. I just couldn't watch at times. Gerrard scored after 15 minutes so I did what I always did when I went a goal up. Moved Lampard from a more attacking role and have him just as a central midfielder and move Gerrard from a normal CM to playing just ahead of the back four. All is going well until the 53rd minute when Ayala scores. I wanted to punch the fucking screen but I kept my calm and made a few tactical changes. Mainly moving Lampard back to where he started. It all works out on the 70th minute when Michael Owen scores my second of the game. I'm so happy that I forget to put Lampard back. And it gets better on the 77th when Michael Owen scores again. By this time, I'm on Dream Street. And in the 90th minute, Lamps scores to make it 4-1 and secures the World Cup.

I also got great satisfaction when I gave Jimmy Bullard his first cap only to see him score on his debut.