NBA Off-Season...

Guest StreetzHopin

Boozer actually does have the chance to be the go-to guy, considering AK-47's not going to be able to handle it all, and might not even pan out to be that great. Boozer proved to people that he can play last season with a team that virtually had nobody besides LeBron. If I were Boozer, I would've left for Utah too. I mean, I would rather have the chance to play with a core of young players like Arroyo, AK-47, and possibly Ohkur (Sp?), then to play second fiddle for LeBron, where he'll NEVER get the chance to shine unless LeBron is out with an injury. He made a decision to goto a team where he could be more of an option, possibly the go-to guy, instead of taking the leftovers from LeBron. I hope Boozer remains happy with his decision.

Rudy T was like the only coach available that anybody would want. I'm not saying he's not good, I just haven't seen much of his work, 'cause I never really paid attention to the Rockets while he was the coach.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys act like playing with Lebron is a bad thing.

Remember, this is the second coming of Magic Johnson we're talking about here. What could be a better nucleus than King James?

Kareem, Michael Cooper, Byron Scott & Magic is not the same as LeBron, Ziddy, Luke Jackson & Jeff McInnis <_<

If Boozer was leaving the Show Time Lakers, I'd rip him too, but the Cavs are a glorified version of AI's 76ers or T-Mac's Magic of the last 2 years. The Jazz are a better team and offered $28 million more dollars. It's a no brainer IMHO.

Playing with LeBron IS a bad thing if you want yourself to be the go-to guy, or at least have more of a say in things than to just play second fiddle and get somebody's leftovers. He shouldn't be compared to Magic Johnson until his career is over, becuase frankly, the guy isn't AS great as people claim he is. To claim he is the next Magic Johnson isn't right anyways, LeBron has to PASS the ball for him to be the next Magic anyways.

Rudy T as the lakers coach? Well that can work wonders next season. I am sure he can lead him into the playoffs at best. But I am not sure if he can co-exist with some of his players. But still that is a good news for LA. And it gives them more hope for next season.

I hate that comparison. If LeBron turns out as good as Magic, then he is one of the top three to play the game, ever. Not gonna happen.

Top 3 is really pushing it. Jordan, Robertson, Kareem are definitely three that are ahead of Magic and I'm sure I can name some more.

Thursday, July 8, 2004

Updated: July 10, 8:47 AM ET

ESPN.com news services

Is Shaq-to-Miami closer than we think?

Sources told ESPN's Jim Gray on Friday night that if the Heat agree to trade Brian Grant, Lamar Odom and either Caron Butler or a No. 1 draft pick, then the Lakers will trade them Shaquille O'Neal. The deal's in Miami's hands now, the sources said.

In Thursday's editions, the Riverside (Calif.) Press-Enterprise reported that the Lakers, intent on trading the disgruntled center, might make such a deal with the Heat.

The Lakers have been considering a handful of the 17 or 18 offers they have received for the three-time NBA Finals MVP, the paper reported.

"Just like the coach deal with Phil [Jackson] being let go, Dr. Buss thinks it's time to deal Shaq," a team source told the paper.

Heat president Pat Riley, who recently was considered for the Lakers' head coaching job, confirmed talking to Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak about O'Neal.

"I mean, Tracy McGrady got traded, he was on the market," Riley told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel on Friday. "I've heard three or four other great-name players that are on the market, Shaq being one of 'em. You've got to pursue 'em. You're foolish if you don't try to pursue 'em and at least listen. Nothing's happened. Everything right now is so premature."

At the same time, free agent Kobe Bryant met with four teams, including the Lakers and the Clippers.

New Lakers coach Rudy Tomjanovich tried to contact O'Neal, the Press-Enterprise reported, and Shaq left a message in response.

"I just feel terrible for Rudy because I wanted to play for him," O'Neal said, according to the Press-Enterprise. "But I ain't coming back there."

Sources told the Press-Enterprise that O'Neal's representatives have shot down potential deals. The Kings, one of the teams O'Neal is willing to play for, reportedly had backed away from talks.

shaq_sc.jpg

He better not end up in Miami. I hate the Heat with a passion.

Edited by sahyder1

Guest bukkake bandit

How about Shaq parks his fatass where he signed his fat contract at and play it out instead of demanding a trade? Miami rapes the Lakers if it's for Grant, Odom, and a 1st rounder. Adding Caron Butler would be good...for the Lakers. Hopefully the Heat are aware they'd be giving up three of their starters and recently lost a huge part of their bench just last week.

Shaq does need to stop whining about his situation and just play, but I do understand some of where he's coming from. I mean, it's not like Shaq is some bum player and they're not exactly treating him like a guy they signed to be the cornerstone of the team awhile back. Although I understand where he's coming from, he's also acting selfish, 'cause Kobe was the one that's the free agent and it is more likely they would concentrate on getting somebody on contract that isn't, than someone who already is. Either way, that's not enough for Shaq. I like Butler, and a Odom (a little bit) but Brian Grant's not that great. And with Shaq that first rounder might be in the 20's, so I don't know. I would rather him goto the East, but Dallas is the only team that looks like they would give up enough in my opinion (if they do infact, end up willing to trade Dirk). Either way, I hope this is resolved sooner rather than later, because it's talked about way too much.

Damnit Cleveland. How dare they let Boozer go away. He's basically the 2nd best draft pick in Cleveland Cavaliers history, with TONS of upside, and they let him go to fucking Utah. Fuck cleveland's front office, they can't keep a team together. As a Cleveland Cavs *GASP* fan(by location, not choice), I'm used to them sucking, so meh.

For a second I thought we'd get a all star duo in Boozer and Bron, ehh.

Shaq OK's Deal

Shaq ok'd the deal to Miami, now all they have to do is pull the trigger. Is it worth it? Miami's giving up a lot of youth that could have turned into a very competitive team for years to come. Now it'll be Wade and Shaq. Opinions?

*assuming this all actually goes down, which is far from guaranteed

Guest bukkake bandit

It's a smart trade for the Heat for the present, but who knows about that. All they'd have are Wade, Shaq, and Jones.

Oh yeah, and the Lakers have no center in the big man dominated West.

Edited by Anthony

If the Heat get Shaq, are they #1 in East?

I say no. Pistons and Pacers still better IMO.

They might not be, but with Butler, Odom and Grant they're not even in the conversation, at least for this upcoming season. If Shaq is motivated to prove the world wrong, things could be very different, especially if Detroit fails to re-sign Rasheed.