NBA Off-Season...

Guest StreetzHopin

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Arojoe or however you spell it helps the Raptors. I was a little shocked at the choice at first but looking at this guy, he is exactly what The Raptors need. A big, tough, hard-noised player who goes after the ball and knocks guys around. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. I think the guy that benefits the most from this is Chris Bosh. He gets to go back to Power Forward and will have a lot more room under the basket. I look for him to have a big year barring injury. I think Babcock dropped the ball with Nelson though. The Magic traded a future first round for him. Rumour had it all they wanted were a couple of 2nd round picks. The Raps need a PG and Nelson would have fit the bill. Get on the phone Babcock, your killing me here!

only problem there is that the Raptors have too many guards/SFs on the roster right now. I like Nelson a lot but as a Raptor fan I also gotta look at the excess players we do have right now that there is pretty much no chance of getting rid of.

I hope Arojoe or however you spell it helps the Raptors. I was a little shocked at the choice at first but looking at this guy, he is exactly what The Raptors need. A big, tough, hard-noised player who goes after the ball and knocks guys around. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. I think the guy that benefits the most from this is Chris Bosh. He gets to go back to Power Forward and will have a lot more room under the basket. I look for him to have a big year barring injury. I think Babcock dropped the ball with Nelson though. The Magic traded a future first round for him. Rumour had it all they wanted were a couple of 2nd round picks. The Raps need a PG and Nelson would have fit the bill. Get on the phone Babcock, your killing me here!

I don't know. Araujo reminds me a lot of "Big Country" Reeves. I saw BYU a handful of times with those midnight games on ESPN & ESPN 2 and he just seems like he's very slow and unathletic. The guys at the draft said he plays below the rim, and that they don't think that's gonna cut at it at the next level, and I'd have to agree. The only cool thing about him is his first name <_< But he's got BUST written all over him, especially as a top 10 pick.

I like the Sixers taking Igoudala but they should've traded a future 1st rounder for one of the big men, especially Pavel. We need an inside force.

And I really like the Heat's draft, getting Pape, Dorrell & Frejie. Adding them some young inside prescense at PF & SF.

I don't know if it's be confirmed yet but appartently Pape got delt to the Toronto for The Raps 2nd Round Pick (Player From Spain).

Memphis (Through Seattle) got Andre Emmett which makes me happy but i doubt he'll play with the depth of that team. Also Blake Stepp...Gonzaga Represent :shifty:

Well gotta hand it to Paxson, if he cant get a god small forward veteran...pick 3 players into the Bulls. Sure they have the winning attitude, I just hope they can survive the harsh NBA environment, especially the losing attitude of their new team.

I cant believe Washington trading Stackhouse, Laettner and Devin Harris to Dallas for Antawn Jamison. I dunno but I think they just gave Dallas the upperhand there in the trade, or maybe they just wanted stack gone.

Antawn is a 5x better player than Stackhouse and doesn't have an attitude problem.

Jamison was lost in the shuffle with Dallas but I think he could help the Wizards but I kinda think this means the end of Kwame in Washington unless they're gonna play Jamison at SF which would be a mistake.

Edited by CM Punk

Guest StreetzHopin

nuggets.gif

Nuggets Look At Big Names On FA List...

Rocky Mountain News (Scroll Down): "Restricted free-agent shooting guards Quentin Richardson and Jamal Crawford and restricted free-agent big man Mehmet Okur have said they will consider the Nuggets when they can begin talking with teams Thursday... Other restricted free agents high on Denver's list are San Antonio shooting guard Manu Ginobili and New Jersey power forward Kenyon Martin... Unrestricted free agents the Nuggets will look at include Seattle shooting guard Brent Barry, Golden State center Erick Dampier and Detroit forward Rasheed Wallace, a long shot to snare. Another long shot is Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, who is facing a sexual assault charge in Colorado."

hawks.gif

4 Teams After Stephen Jackson.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution (Scroll Down) (registration required): " Stephen Jackson is not going to pick up the $1.1 million option on his contract and will be an unrestricted free agent this summer. He averaged a career-high 18.1 points last season and will be on the priority list of at least four teams this summer -- the San Antonio Spurs, Chicago Bulls, Portland Trail Blazers and Indiana Pacers."

Guest BigDirty

StreetzHopin in your sig it says that Viktor guy was traded to the Spurs. I haven't heard about this one what did the Hawks get? I read that he could be quite good in the future so I hope that they at least got something good in return.

Guest StreetzHopin

found it......

The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have acquired the rights to forward Viktor Sanikidze from the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the Spurs 2005 second round pick and cash considerations. The 6-8 Sanikidze is a native of the Republic of Georgia and spent the 2003-04 season with SAOS JDA Dijon in the French Pro A League.
Edited by StreetzHopin

Guest StreetzHopin

heat_logo.gif

Miami Calls Orlando.

Miami Herald (Scroll Down) (registration required): "The Heat called Orlando about Tracy McGrady, but a package of Eddie Jones, Caron Butler and the No. 19 pick isn't as attractive as Houston's offer of Steve Francis and others."

nets_logo.gif

Nets Cleaning House?

Bergen Record (registration required): "The Nets are on the brink of a massive yard sale in East Rutherford, a day rapidly approaching when president Rod Thorn is reduced to sitting behind a little card table, slapping discount tags on stars Jason Kidd and Kenyon Martin, on spare parts Kerry Kittles and Rodney Rogers, two chewed-up Nerf footballs, and a Lite-Brite."

suns_logo.gif

Suns May Sign nash, Okur

New York Post columnist Peter Vecsey (Scroll Down): " If the Suns ($16.3M under next year's projected $46M cap) are unable to recruit Kobe, go to sleep on them pursuing unrestricted Steve Nash and restricted Mehmet Okur; league rules prohibit the Pistons from matching any offer above the mid-level exception. One of Nash's confidants discloses the Canadian Olympian is highly insulted Easy Mark Cuban hasn't so much as hinted about a new Mavericks contract."

carmelo_anthony.jpg

Nuggets List.

Denver Post (Scroll Down): "The Nuggets are expected to make calls on Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant and Detroit forward Rasheed Wallace when free agency begins Thursday, but both are considered longshots. More realistic names high on Denver's free-agent wish list include Nuggets center Marcus Camby, San Antonio guard Manu Ginobili (restricted), Dallas guard Steve Nash, New Jersey forward Kenyon Martin (restricted) and Detroit forward-center Mehmet Okur."

bulls_logo.gif

Bulls May Let Crawford Walk.

New York Post columnist Peter Vecsey (Scroll Down): "Moreover, the influx of luxurious lottery talent means management isn't about to pay top or medium dollar for restricted free agent Jamal Crawford. It's doubtful the Bulls will match any mid-level exception offer for four or more years."

Guest BigDirty

found it......

Thanks for finding it. That trade sucks for the Hawks I think. The 2nd rounder will be around pick number 50 (wow!) and cash what are they gonna do with it, re-open the Gold Club (to attract more FAs)? Don't they know if the Spurs want some Euro he has to be good? And now I found a quote that says the Spurs said that Viktor is the one with the most potential out of the four picks they got. :(

Heres a note from a friend of mine in the Denver Nuggets front office:

K-Mart will be a Nugget next season. Hes already in contract negotiations.

Nash is VERY interested in becoming a Nugget

Kobe will visit with the Nuggets during his trial

Possible T-Mac for Mello trade...dont rule it out.

Camby isn't going anywhere

Edited by matbar

Uh-huh. Thank you, I'll take these with a grain of salt.

Let me guess.....Jordan is coming back as a Nugget? Same with Olajuwon? Where do the Nuggest plan on playing Martin? The Nuggets already have money invested long term in their backcourt....how do Nash and Kobe fit in? The Suns make the most sense for Nash. Why on earth would hte Nuggets trade the guy they are building their franchise around?

Edited by sahyder1

1. I find it hard to believe that you have a friend in the Nuggets front office and 2. If your not lying, I'm pretty damn sure he wouldn't be telling you.

They can't give K-Mart what he wants unless they let Camby walk. Both of them will not be here.

Kobe has mentioned Denver among his teams of interest only because of their financial standing.

Melo just signed a year long contract to host a radio show in Denver. He knows he's going to be in Denver as long as he wants to be.

Also...

Jon Barry's lobbying to get Brent Barry a Nuggets contract so they can play together. Denver seemingly is incredibly open to this idea.

NeNe's being offered up as trade bait, moreso for future draft picks than any current roster additions.