NBA Off-Season...

Guest StreetzHopin

Sure you did. No one had the dude from BYU to Toronto. That, and no one had Howard over Okafor.

Mavs are stacking up to make a run at Shaq.

WESTERN CAROLINA STOLE THE LAKERS UNIFORMS!!!

Oh shit I meant I got everything wrong. I was looking back at the word right and got it confused. My fault.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jameer got jobbed. He should've been at least a lottery pick. However it is an interesting coincidence(sp?) that the collegiate player of the year and high school player of the year will be teammates. I'm very happy with how my favorites the Boston Celtics have done. They got a couple steals in Al Jefferson and Delonte West because they needed a big rebounder and playmaker and that's what they got. If Dallas doesn't get Shaq after all these moves I would be very surprised.

Holy shizznet I got on right!! Yippie I called David Harrison. Now I can say that at least I got one right in both the NFL and the NBA. The best part is when you get one real late like I got a 6th round pick right in the NFL... Jerricho Crotchy or something like that to the Jets, it was awesome.

Damn well Jameer is heading to Orlando. That could work out because he'd get to play under a fantastic PG in this league in Steve Francis, or if T-Mac stays which is highly unlikely Jameer might be able to come in and start.

Bulls- Gordon, Deng, and Duhon! Great picks by the Bulls, but know that I think about it some of those guys could be getting shipped to Boston! Remember the Bulls and Celtics were supposedly talking in getting Pierece to the Bulls, and Danny Ainge is slowiy killing the legacy of the Celtics. If Pierce comes over, they could send all 3 of these guys and either Chandler or Curry or both of those busts.

The Bulls should be kicking themselves for letting Brand get away, a guaranteed 20-10 guy, and they gave him away for an uproven high-schooler, all because of "potiental."

Sorry I'm getting off topic, I can't believe I read someone state there won't be any superstars from this draft. Maybe it's just me, but Ben Gordon has superstar written all over him. Nobody really had him going 3, but the Bulls knew that if he was available they had to take him. He reminds me of Dwayne Wade, but a better shooter which brings a great package. Hopefully if he remains with the Bulls, I'll get to see him blossom into a superstar I believe he can be. Also Shaun Livingston brings something to the table that has become a lost art in this game, and that's the ability to make his teammates better. He's a guy I believe in when it becomes to potiental. I expect the top 5 picks to at least be bright starts in 5-8 years in the game, with Okafor/Gordon as All-Stars around that time.

I think with Jameer, Orlando will be more willing to get a 3rd team involved in the Rockets trade and get a center in exchange for Francis, not sure who though

Bulls- Gordon, Deng, and Duhon! Great picks by the Bulls, but know that I think about it some of those guys could be getting shipped to Boston! Remember the Bulls and Celtics were supposedly talking in getting Pierece to the Bulls, and Danny Ainge is slowiy killing the legacy of the Celtics. If Pierce comes over, they could send all 3 of these guys and either Chandler or Curry or both of those busts.

Dear god I pray that's not true. He already traded 'Toine for that useless Lafrentz who got injured right away. Ricky Davis was good to trade for but he has attitude problems. I doubt that Ainge could be that retarded to also give up Pierce.

Hate to break it to ya, but the legacy of the Celtics died with Bias.

Considering that Boston still leads the NBA with most championships won(16), I wouldn't say there legacy is dead yet. I'd expect that type of comment from a Lakers fan, oh right you are one.

Guest StreetzHopin

i really like Chicago's draft, and im not happy at all when Atlanta took Childress instead of Igoudala, A.I. & Igoudala will be good.....

====================

nets-banner2.gif

Nets Pondering To Trade Kidd? In Order To Keep Martin?

New York Daily News: "Two sources with knowledge of the Nets' thinking said that the team's preliminary brainstorming on how to re-sign Martin has included the outside possibility of having to trade Jason Kidd and his massive contract."
Edited by StreetzHopin

I hope Arojoe or however you spell it helps the Raptors. I was a little shocked at the choice at first but looking at this guy, he is exactly what The Raptors need. A big, tough, hard-noised player who goes after the ball and knocks guys around. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. I think the guy that benefits the most from this is Chris Bosh. He gets to go back to Power Forward and will have a lot more room under the basket. I look for him to have a big year barring injury. I think Babcock dropped the ball with Nelson though. The Magic traded a future first round for him. Rumour had it all they wanted were a couple of 2nd round picks. The Raps need a PG and Nelson would have fit the bill. Get on the phone Babcock, your killing me here!

I really like the bulls draft... Even though Duke players have a history of not turning out well in the NBA I think Deng and Duhon will turn out well. Most of that is because they are on the same team again. Duke players work as a team and with 2 player from the same Duke team there it will be great for the Bulls. Good work Chicago, you owned this draft. I'd say the Bulls had the best picks this year.

Bobbitt and Page didn't get drafted though :(. I didn't expect them to but I think they are good players. They might get signed later though.

I like the Sixers taking Igoudala but they should've traded a future 1st rounder for one of the big men, especially Pavel. We need an inside force.

And I really like the Heat's draft, getting Pape, Dorrell & Frejie. Adding them some young inside prescense at PF & SF.