WWE: The Power is Back

arwrestling

Internet News – January 13th 2006

TRIPLE H VS CENA?

Triple H has reportedly been asking WWE management to book him some matches with WWE Champion John Cena. It is not known if these matches will develop into a feud, but as is the ordinary what Triple H wants, he gets. Look for those matches in the coming weeks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say best promo ever!!!

CM Punk: You, a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=good%20guy" onmouseover="window.status='<a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=good%20guy" onmouseover="window.status='good guy'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">good guy</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">good guy</a>? Give me a break! I ought to…

I really like some of these storylines good job so far.

Royal Rumble Predictions

Ted Dibiase

WWE Tag Team Championships

The Shortstops vs The Blond Bombers

Boy, what a match this should be. The quick speed of Paul London and Brian Kendrick vs the brute strength of Chad and James Dick. When these two teams step into the ring, it should be an instant tag team classic. It reminds me of a modernized "Rockers" vs "LOD" (minus the face paint and shoulder pads). I believe that if the Blond Bombers can slow down London and Kendrick, they can take home the win at the Rumble.

John Bradshaw Layfield vs Heidenreich

Oh boy, what a showdown this is set to be. Some serious personal issues between these two my friend. We'll see if JBL can stop the "Legend Wannabe" Heidenreich or if "The Wrestling God" can bring back my old friend, Bob Orton. I gotta believe that JBL will take home the victory.

Fatal Fourway Match For The Women's Championship

Trish Stratus vs Victoria vs Torrie Wilson vs Candice Michelle

This one's easy. Victoria has the numbers advantage and she can wrestle.

Best of 7 Series (Match 4)

Booker T w/Sharmell vs Chris Benoit

Booker T needs to take home the win to tie this baby up. If he loses tonight, I suspect we see a 4-1 victory for Chris Benoit. Although Benoit has the momentum, Booker has enough intelligence to know it's do or die tonight.

Triple H vs Ric Flair

HHH and Flair have a respect for one another. No matter what's done in and out of the ring, the respect is there. Well at the Rumble...that's all going out the window. When it comes down to it...Trips has more ruthless agression and no matter what you say, Ric is old enough to know he can't keep up. Triple H is taking home the victory.

World Heavyweight Championship

Big Show vs Kane

Tough break for these two to lose the tag team titles. But to be honest, I don't feel sorry for them. Chavo and RVD are one hell of a tag team. I see this match as going down as one of the best on the card. The two have awesome strength. Although Show's bigger, Kane's better!

WWE Championship

Kurt Angle vs John Cena

Kurt Angle! Nuff' said!

Royal Rumble

Not knowing who's in and who's out, I have no idea. If I had to take a wild guess... I'd go with Batista for two years in a row but my gut tells me Randy Orton.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I want to say sorry that I really haven't updated that long. I was busy with otehr stuff and eventually kinda forgot about teh diary, until I recentely found my files and voilà. I'm gonna start off again where I left off. The Royal Rumble.

Royal Rumble Results – January 15th 2006

Dark Match: Juventud vs Nunzio for Cruiserweight in a Submission Match

Nunzio wins clean and celebrates

91, 83, 100, ****3/4

The WWE Cruiserweight title has gained in image.

Vince McMahon comes out to the ring.

Vince McMahon: The Road To WrestleMania begins tonight! As you all know, this year. None of the entires were given out before the Royal Rumble. Mainly because it has been completely random. However, thoughout the evening I will give each General Manager to pull three names to go with a number of my choice. If I can ask Eric Bischoff to come out here and pull the first guanateed name.

Eric Bishcoff goes to the ring.

Vince McMahon: Now, Mr. Bischoff I think the first number of tonight will be the number 15 spot in the Royal Rumble match. If you could pleade pull out a name.

Eric Bischoff reaches in and pulls a paper out.

Eric Bischoff: Well, too bad Teddy. Looks like Raw is getting the middle spot, going to none other than Chris Masters!

Vince McMahon: Well, Masters. You will be in the match, at number 15. But for now lets get some tag team action going.

The Shortstops run down to the ring. The Blond Bombers follow behind.

The Shortstops w/Jillian Hall vs The Blond Bombers for WWE TT

John Dick cheats to pin Paul London and celebrates

56, 41, 72, *

John Dick gained 2 points of overness from this match. Chad Dick gained 2 points of overness from this match. This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them. The WWE Tag Team title has lost image.

Backstage, Josh Matthews is with Road Warrior Animal.

Josh Matthews: Animal, last week on SmackDown! Heidenreich told you to stay out of his match tonight at the Royal Rumble. Do you think Heidenreich will be able to defeat JBL, the former WWE Champion, tonight?

Animal: Josh, Heidenreich said that he didn’t need my help. Wether I believe that or not, I am not going to interfere in tonight’s match if that’s what your asking. Heidenreich is new at this wrestling, he’s a rookie, teaming up with a legend and he thinks that he is now one half of the legendary tag team the Legion of Doom. The truth is Heidenreich isn’t anuwhere neat being legendary. There is no doubt in my mind that Heidenreich is going to lose tonight, but if he wants to go ahead and make a fool of himself, I’ll gladly watch him do it from backstage.

Animal walks off from the interview set.

JBL’s limo arrives on stage, and he and Jillian Hall step out of it. Heidenreich coems out next and the match starts.

JBL w/Jillian Hall vs Heidenreich

JBL wins clean and celebrates

79, 80, 77, **1/2

Backstage, Vince McMahon is standing with Theodore Long and Eric Bischoff.

Vince McMahon: Well, Teddy, I think I’m in the mood to find out number 5. If you can just pull out a name…

Theodore Long pulls out a paper.

Theodore Long: Well, looks like RAW is getting another entry. First, Chris Masters at 15 and now Gregory Helms at 5. Kepp on like this and all the high numbers are left for SmackDown!

In the lockerroom, Trish Stratus is talking to Mickie James.

Trish Stratus: Look, I’m sorry if I kinda got mad at you last Monday, but I mean how am I supposed to defend my belt against Victoria, Torrie Wilson and Candice Michelle? I mean its like a handicap match.

Mickie James: Look, Trish, I am so sorry. I mean, I really thought I could beat Victoria last week. I was just trying to help…

Trish Stratus: Well, I’ll tell you what, you can help me in a big way tonight. I need you to make sure that Melina doesn’t get anywhere near that ring tonight. She’s the last thing I need to worry about tonight.

Mickie James: Sure, anything. Good luck.

Trish leaves as her music starts in the arena.

Trish enters, then Victoria, Candice Michelle and Torrie Wilson all come out at once.

Trish Stratus vs Victoria vs Torrie Wilson vs Candice Michelle for Women’s

Candice Michelle pins Trish when Melina interferes

62, 72, 39, -*

The WWE Women's title has lost image.

After the match, Trish is standing in the ring in awe as she watches Candice leave with the belt. She turns to find Melina and the two of them start having a massive catfight in which Trish gets the upper hand rips off Melina’s top. Melina runs out of the arena as Trish looks on pissed off.

In his office again, Vince motions to Bishoff to pick a name.

Vince McMahon: Keep in mind Bischoff, this is number 29. Almost near the top.

Eric Bichoff picks a name and looks pissed off.

Theodore Long: What’s the matter Bischoff, gave SmackDown! an edge?

Eric Bischoff: No, Teddy, I didn’t give SmackDown! an edge. But unless Raw gets number 30, I just threw away our last entry by giving it to Tajiri!

Theodore Long: Well, Eric, you win some and you lose some, playa.

Booker T and Sharmell go to the ring.

Sharmell: Hey, Benoit, I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you good luck into your match. See, Booker T is about to whoop your butt and tie this series up. Two to two Benoit. You know what that means. Two more victories for us and Booker is the new United States Champion!

Booker T: Can you dig that Benoit? Five tiem World Champion, soon to be 3 time United States Champion!

Chris Benoit comes out.

Booker T w/Sharmell vs Chris Benoit

Booker T wins by cheating and Benoit has a tantrum

88, 90, 84, ***1/2

Backstage, Eric Bischoff looks pissed as Vince and Teddy are pulling a name.

Vince McMahon: Well, Teddy, I’m looking for number 10.

Theodore Long: Finally, playa, a SmackDown! superstar enters the Royal Rumble. Psicosis is the number 10 entry.

Triple H goes to the ring.

Triple H: Listen up! Flair, I just wanted to give you one last cahnce to give up now. I mean, it is an I Quit match and technically all you have to do is quit for the match to be over. And if you do it now, I mena that’s an easier match for you.

Flair comes out to the ring.

Ric Flair: Sorry Hunter, I am not gonna give you a win that easy. Hell I’m not gonna give you a win at all. I’m the Nature Boy, Ric Flair. Sixteen time World Champion! Wooooo! I can kick your ass, and make you quit like you would have never thought was possible. Hunter, I thought you everything that I know, I gave you stardom. Or at least the stardom you didn’t get from marrying the boss’ daughter. Hell I kept you around after you ditched her at the damn alter! And tonight, I’ll show you that the Nature Boy is still biggest superstar the WWE has ever seen! Woooooooo!

Triple H: Look, Naitch, the only way your gonna get me to quit is by breaking my damn ankle! DO you hear me?

Ric Flair jumps Triple H and the bell rings.

Triple H vs Ric Flair in a I Quit match

Flair wins cleanly and keeps attacking

79, 90, 56, 3/4*

After the match, paramedics rush to the ring as Triple H holds in akle yelling in pain. The take him away on a stretcher.

Backstage.

Vince McMahon: Well, Bischoff, this your last pick. And I’m going to ask you to pick number 24.

Eric Bischoff: It would be my pleasure Vince.

He pulls out a name.

Eric Bischoff: Well congratulations Teddy, but it looks like your highest Royal Rumbel hope is not the number 30 entry. See the number 24 pick is Randy Orton.

Theodore Long: Bischoff, you haven’t got a clue.

In the lockerroom. Trish Stratus gets out of the shower to find Lita standing there.

Trish Stratus: What do you want?

Lita: Hey, chill. Look its not like I’m after you or anything right now. I mean, you did just lose your belt. And to Candice Michelle, of all people. I mean a model who really has wrestled maybe 5 matches in the two years she’s been here.

Trish Stratus: Yeah, thanks for the reminder.

Lita: Hey, I’m not happy about it either. I mean, I wanted to be the one to end your reign, on the biggest stage of all, WrestleMania. But hey, what ever. I’m not here to start stuff anyway. I just wanted to let you know that your little girlfriend, what’s her name, Mickey James, is lying on the ground in the parking lot covered in blood.

Trish Stratus: What? Lita if you…

Lita: Hey, don’t kill the messenger. I don’t know who did it, but I figured yu might want to know.

Trish runs off screen and throws the towel at Lita to start getting dressed.

Kane goes out to the ring first. Then Big Show. The two stare each other down for ages until Kane shoves Big Show and the bell rings.

Kane vs The Big Show for World Heavyweight

Kane wins clean and celebrates

55, 51, 60, ¼*

The Big Show didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating. This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them. The World Heavyweight title has lost image.

Kid Kash is shown backstage with Maria.

Kid Kash: Hey, Maria. I just wanted to let you know that I was going to be entering the Royal Rumble tonight. And, umm, I was just going to ask you to root for me from here, you know. I sure could use some support considering there are 29 othe rguys in that ring.

Maria Kanellis: Sure, Kash. You got my support, except… I kinda already told CM Punk that I was rooting for him, so once he comes in your on your own.

Kid Kash looks irritated when he hears CM Punk in back of him.

CM Punk: Sorry Kash. This is my girl tonight, you know how that works don’t you? You better hope you get eliminated before me Kash cause if your still in there you can bet your ass, your dead! You hear me? And stay the hell away from Maria. You got your own girl, Kash.

CM Punk and Maria walk away arm in arm.

John Cena makes is way to the ring. He takes a mic.

John Cena: Kurt, I hope your ready fro tonight. Cause after this match, you’ll be out of mind and out of sight. The fact of the matter is this is your last chance to win my belt. And I’m gonna make you feel pain like you’ve never felt. Yo, Kurt, tonight I’m not only gonna win but I’ll beat you damn hard too. A beating harder than you’ve been giving yourself since your wife threatened to leave you. And Kurt, don’t forget, its your last chance to beat me. So you better watch out Kurt, cause you can’t see me!

Kurt Angle goes to the ring and the bell rings.

John Cena vs Kurt Angle and Daivari as Ref for WWE Champion

Kurt Angle wins by referee attack and celebrates

91, 97, 80, ***3/4

The WWE Heavyweight title has gained in image.

Theodore Long goes out to the stage.

Theodore Long: I just got word from Mr. McMahon to come out here and announce the number one entry. And Eric you should be proud because number one is none other than Shelton Benjamin! Get the mathc started playas!

Shelton Benjamin comes out to the ring. Joey Mercury comes out next with Melina.

The bell rings.

Royal Rumble Match

The Undertaker wins

64, 54, 75, *3/4

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

After the match all the lights go off and lightning starts striking all over.

Michael Cole: I can’t believe The Undertaker won! Who would have seen this coming. Randy Orton killed The Undertaker, but he’s back and with a vengeance.

Entries and Eliminations for the Royal Rumble

§ Shelton Benjamin and Joey Mercury start off in the ring

§ Matt Hardy enters #3

§ Joey Mercury elimnated by Shelton Benjamin (1)

§ Rob Van Dam enters #4

§ Rob Van Dam eliminated by Matt Hardy (2)

§ Gregory Helms enters #5

§ Rene Dupree enters #6

§ Gregory Helms eliminated by Rene Dupree (3)

§ Gene Snitsky enters #7

§ Shelton Benjamin eliminated by Matt Hardy (4)

§ Rob Conway enters #8

§ Chavo Guerrero enters #9

§ Psicosis enters #10

§ Edge enters #11

§ Funaki enters #12

§ Hulk Hogan enters #13

§ Rob Conway eliminated by Psicosis (5)

§ Paul Birchall enters #14

§ Chris Masters enters #15

§ Ken Kennedy enters #16

§ Shawn Michaels enters #17

§ Hulk Hogan eliminated by Edge (6)

§ Road Warrior Animal enters #18

§ Lashley enters #19

§ Simon Dean enters #20

§ Simon Dean eliminated by Psicosis (7)

§ Viscera enters #21

§ Gene Snitsky eliminated by Rene Dupree (8)

§ Johnny Parisi enters #22

§ Johnny Parisi eliminated by Road Warrior Animal (9)

§ Kid Kash enters #23

§ Ken Kennedy eliminated by Road Warrior Animal (10)

§ Randy Orton enters #24

§ Paul Birchill eliminated by Viscera (11)

§ CM Punk enters #25

§ Lashley eliminated by Matt Hardy (12)

§ Carlito enters #26

§ The Undertaker enters #27

§ Super Crazy enters #28

§ CM Punk eliminated by Chris Masters (13)

§ Tajiri enters #29

§ William Regal enters #30

§ Funaki eliminated by Chavo Guerrero (14)

§ Matt Hardy eliminated by Shawn Michaels (15)

§ William Regal eliminated by Chavo Guerrero (16)

§ Viscera eliminated by Chavo Guerrero (17)

§ Super Crazy eliminated by Shawn Michaels (18)

§ Randy Orton eliminated by Chavo Guerrero (19)

§ Rene Dupree eliminated by Carlito (20)

§ Chavo Guerrero eliminated by Shawn Michaels (21)

§ Road Warrior Animal got eliminated by Shawn Michaels (22)

§ Chris Masters eliminated by Shawn Michaels (23)

§ Shawn Michaels eliminated by The Undertaker (24)

§ Carlito eliminated by Psicosis (25)

§ Psicosis eliminated by Tajiri (26)

§ Tajiri eliminated by Kid Kash (27)

§ Kid Kash eliminated by The Undertaker (28)

§ Edge eliminated by The Undertaker (29)

Overall Rating: 68%

Internet News – Monday January 16th 2006

JBL VS HEIDENREICH IMPRESSES

Road Agents were said to be very pleased with the match between JBL and Heidenreich. Many say this is due to the duo having a very similar style. At this point it is unknown how long the feud will go on, but we can expect more matches out of the two.

Raw Preview

Last night, at the Royal Rumble, Kurt Angle defeated John Cena to become WWE Champion. John Cena has issued a rematch for tonight, for the WWE championship.

Also, new WWE Women’s Champion Candice Michelle has a very special announcement to make.

And Ric Flair is set to be the next guess on Carlito’s Cabana, also appearing is Triple H. Last night Flair made Triple H quit in the I Quit match. What will Triple H have to say to Flair?

Find out all that and more on Raw (Monday, 9/8 CT; USA Network)

Hmm, this will be an interesting Wrestlemania. You've got the Undertaker as Royal Rumble winner...A bunch of things could happen now. He could lose his #1 Contendership @ No Way Out, He could do the cross-brand Challenge...But another question that comes to mind is are you going to end Taker's Streak or not? meh only time will tell.

Realistic, decent booking, but I have I think you need to work on your promos - I can imagine just about anybody saying what you've written. It's all well and good putting a catchphrase in for Booker T and Flair, but they don't actually talk like that in proper, enunciated English. Vince wouldn't just come out and talk about the road to Wrestlemania, he'd talk about it being the time of year that everybody's eyes are on WWE, because of what he created because he's Vince McMahon, a billionaire evil genius - or something like that.

• 11 months later...