Barnsley or Bradford v Walsall

Burton or Burscough v Manchester United

Crystal Palace v Stevenage Borough or Northampton Town

Millwall v Everton

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why hasnt anyone given Luton a chance against Liverpool, I mean we are at home, it is a small pitch, we have only lost 2 at home for 2 years. IT's hardly going to be easy for them, I think we can take them back to Anfield, Burnley beat them last year why not us this year.

But Liverpool are on a role at the moment, and haven't let in a goal in ages, that's probably why.

Yeah, but this game is in January after they have gone somewhere to play their little world club championship match as well as all the Christmas games, and they will be knackered ( i hope) and may send in a weakened side, a side which I think we could do over.

Also Mike Newell is a Liverpool fan, so that will be interesting. Pool fans will boo him though, due to his hat-trick for us against them years ago, and the fact he played for Everton.

Edited by lie_cheat_steal

Sunderland v Woking or Northwich Victoria

Nuneaton Borough or Histon v Middlesbrough

How?

I hope we lose to Colchester and concentrate on the league this season, while Reading go on a nice, distracting cup run...we've had too many cup runs that've affected our form in the league over the last couple of years.

Because most 3rd rounds have at least 1 or 2 shocks. These are the ones he has chosen, obviously.

I can't remember the last time a conference side have beaten a Premiership side, the closest was Shrewsbury of Div.3 beating Everton.

Not saying it means it will happen, but a lot of conference teams go close. I remember Dagenham and Redbridge taking Charlton to a 2-2 draw (which Charlton scraped to), and then losing the replay.

Like Newcastle and Stevenage, that was 1-1 wasn't it i think. I wasn't saying I thought you thought you'd said that, I was just stating fact, that it has been a long time since it happened, and for two to happen in one round would be extremely unlikely. Especially with Middlesbrough, who no way would lose in my oppinion.

Like Newcastle and Stevenage, that was 1-1 wasn't it i think. I wasn't saying I thought you thought you'd said that, I was just stating fact, that it has been a long time since it happened, and for two to happen in one round would be extremely unlikely. Especially with Middlesbrough, who no way would lose in my oppinion.

Because Sunderland are hardly on a roll at the moment and when you're down in football, you're down so to speak. Middlesbrough also for me I think will find it difficult, they come across to me now as a team which could find it difficult to find their feet against lower league opposition away from home.

If he had became a die-hard Evertonian while playing for them and done something in the past to wind us up we might hate him. Everyone knows he's still a Kopite though, and I can't see anyone booing him.

Edited by pigeon

Fair point, I'm really looking forward to it. Luton hardly ever get a draw like this and so this is a big one for us. Liverpool fans will probably remember Kenilworth Road and its poor conditions, and the fact that on the way up to the stand you can see in a couple of rooms in the middle of the stair way.

Anyway, I think we can win, or at least take you back.