What comic strip would you want to be a movie?

Laice07

What comic strip would you want to be a movie?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What comic strip would you want to be a movie?

• Marmaduke
    • Calvin and Hobbes
    • Peanuts
    • Blondie
    • The Lockhorns
    • Foxtrot
    • Zits
    • The Boondocks
    • The Family Circus
    • Beetle Bailey

Guest Wrestling_Man

I chose Beetle Bailey because that's one of my favorite comics to read, especially on Sundays. Although, it wouldn't be bad to see Hagar the Horrible become a movie. I'd pay to see that. But with the Peanuts, the only way that would work is if it was an adult movie. Finally, we could see Charlie Brown in a sex scene with the Little Red Haired Girl. That could make Charlie Brown's dream come true. And then Snoopy could be a pimp, and we find out that Peppermint Patty and Marcie are lesbians, but we all already knew that. That's the only way that movie could work.

But I voted for Beetle Bailey.

Peanuts, if it was done with the same wit and charm as the comics. Then again, that wit may have died with Schulz, so I don't know if it's possible.

I agree, I don't think they can make a good Calvin & Hobbes unless it was a fully animated movie.

Also I don't see why people say Garfield is bad. People who like the comic will most likely like the movie, I did

To me, a lot of comics would never make good comic strips. Garfield doesn't look very good to me either.

Then again, I really haven't found the comic strip to be funny for a while now.

The Garfield animated series was good shit though, back in the day.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Foxtrot animated series though. That's my favorite comic strip.

Calvin and Hobbes, just because its the only comic that ive ever really laughed at consistantly. Its just plain awesome.

For me it would be.. Andy Capp :D

That film would kick ten kinds of ass...if someone could find a decent plot other than Andy goes to pub, comes home to wifely nagging, Andy goes to pub, comes home to...and repeat.

Hagar could be good as well...put John Goodman in the armor and horns. He made a decent Fred Flintstone, so why not?

And Garfield > Heathcliff...but it is a close call. :)

Guest bruins72

Calvin and Hobbs was one of the best comic strips ever. I think it would be pretty hard for them to find a kid to play Calvin well though. I think they'd have to go animated with this. Maybe PIXAR style animation?

If you like Calvin and Hobbs, there is a comic book that is even better. It's called Barry Ween. The stuff is a friggin riot!